Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Inec Should Be Privatized - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Should Be Privatized (693 Views)

Finally!!! NITEL To Be Privatized / Northern Nigeria Should Be Privatized. Mad solution for carzy ppl / Electric Power Supply Sector In Nigeria Should Be Privatized. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inec Should Be Privatized by georgecso(m): 10:14am On Apr 28, 2009
No winner yet, says Iwu
…As AC, PDP want results declared

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Maurice Iwu
More Stories on This Section
As tension mounts over the delay in the release of the result of the Ekiti re-run election heightens, Chairman of the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC), Maurice Iwu, has said it is only the Resident Electoral Commission (REC) that is competent to announce the results of the last Saturday’s governorship election in the state.

Prof. Iwu, who made the declaration on Monday in Abuja at a press conference, however, disclosed that the REC in Ekiti State was currently indisposed.

Prof. Iwu, while declaring the election inconclusive also disclosed that the re-run in the two wards in Oye has been postponed indefinitely owing to activities of thugs in the volatile town. , daily sun

Opinion

The problem going on in Ekiti is an acid test which clearly shows that INEC cannot conduct a peaceful and successful election now and even future.

We should not fail to admit our weakness and shortcoming if privatization of INEC would be the best for this country. NITEL was a failure and we invited the GSM providers, NIGERIAN AIRWAYS has been forgotten and we now have other PRIVATE AIRLINES,we now private PENSION PROVIDERS, PART OF PHCN has also or in the process of been privatized etc

It will be a nice idea if private consultant (s) takes over INEC at least to restore trust and dignity.
Re: Inec Should Be Privatized by mankevo(m): 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2009
shocked shocked
This is a nice idea!! I'll keep saving for the offer to take it over. Dude! wake_up
Re: Inec Should Be Privatized by oyizami(f): 10:18am On Apr 30, 2009
My brother this is not NITEL but INEC,

And where did u here it from that theres no corruption is private management.

The same wth the other guy WAKE-UP!

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Race - My 5 Point Agenda / Nigeria: Incubation Period / I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.