Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,190 members, 7,811,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

A stop to the e-war between the ibos and the yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A stop to the e-war between the ibos and the yorubas (498 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Abuja After A Stop Over In London / Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. / Putting A Stop To The "Yoruba-igbo" Ethnic Rivalry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A stop to the e-war between the ibos and the yorubas by bilulu(m): 10:22am On Oct 15, 2015
I read with utmost disappointment how we Nigerians fight ourselves on social media. How a particular region believe dey re better off to another region. God has so bless this nation to d extent dat we need each other. Let's analysis this......
Hausa: They re d great farmers in dis country. They cultivate virtually all we need in dis country. Even life stocks. Other region don't need to pay for import duties to get there farm produce.
Igbo: Whether you like it or yes dey re the producers and marketers in dis country. Any locally made products ranging from machine to automobile re the handiwork of d Easterners. Also like d popular saying wen u get to a place and u don't find an ibo man there pls live dat place cuz its not habitable. Now to the issue of Lagos, whether d yorubas like it or yes d ibos ve contributed to the development of Lagos state. The so-called Lagos market is being championed by the ibos.
Akwacross/Edodelta: U will not argue with me that the country called Nigeria has been surviving on these people for years. The economy of this country lie on these people and it will continue to lie on them.
Yorubas: The only reason why you wouldn't want to coexist with these people is when you don't want the ancestors to answer your prayers. They are the only one in this country dat can provide the teeth of a piton or nail of a lion when requested by the ancestors.
We all need each other in this country so let us continue to live in peace and harmony. God bless my country
Re: A stop to the e-war between the ibos and the yorubas by MightySparrow: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2015
bilulu:
I read with utmost disappointment how we Nigerians fight ourselves on social media. How a particular region believe dey re better off to another region. God has so bless this nation to d extent dat we need each other. Let's analysis this......
Hausa: They re d great farmers in dis country. They cultivate virtually all we need in dis country. Even life stocks. Other region don't need to pay for import duties to get there farm produce.
Igbo: Whether you like it or yes dey re the producers and marketers in dis country. Any locally made products ranging from machine to automobile re the handiwork of d Easterners. Also like d popular saying wen u get to a place and u don't find an ibo man there pls live dat place cuz its not habitable. Now to the issue of Lagos, whether d yorubas like it or yes d ibos ve contributed to the development of Lagos state. The so-called Lagos market is being championed by the ibos.
Akwacross/Edodelta: U will not argue with me that the country called Nigeria has been surviving on these people for years. The economy of this country lie on these people and it will continue to lie on them.
Yorubas: The only reason why you wouldn't want to coexist with these people is when you don't want the ancestors to answer your prayers. They are the only one in this country dat can provide the teeth of a piton or nail of a lion when requested by the ancestors.
We all need each other in this country so let us continue to live in peace and harmony. God bless my country

Igbos have history of misbehaviour to other tribes. I remember as a young boy of secondary school if you go to an igbo man's shop to ask for the price of anything you are compelled to buy even against your wish. Until a fateful day a soldier in mufti was so treated in Oshodi and mobilise his people to deal with the Igbo trader.

If anyone thinks that people on this blog are just writing behind the scene for cowardice you are missing it. These are things commonly discussed all over Yoruba land. Only a few are opportuned on papers. The Igbos are gradually pushing Yorubas to revolt against them.

Just watch Oba Akiolu's address to Igbo leaders in Lagos. Igbos are about having problem with Yorubas.
This is the danger I perceive, Yorubas will naturally not tell you they fighting but you see results of a fight.
Just wait and see.

(1) (Reply)

Kashim Shettima: The Real Face Of Terror / One Man, 81 Senators And An Impotent President With No Shame / Meet Your Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.