Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,255 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Acquiring An E-passport. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acquiring An E-passport. (618 Views)

Boko Haram: US Blocks Nigeria From Acquiring An Aircraft From Brazil / Stressful Procedure In Acquiring Prepaid Meters In BEDC / How Much Does It Cost To Obtain The Nigerian E-passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acquiring An E-passport. by kubumilano(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2015
Nairalanders,I must appreciate your help in time past,it has been really useful to me in solving some social problems,I have an issue now,My younger brother of 17years old is applying for an e-passport,he needs it to further his education abroad,so I am asking informed people here or possibly an immigration officer,I want to know if when passport is ready is it going to be like the normal passport we all know or there is a different colour or style of passport for minors and how long does it take to be out
Re: Acquiring An E-passport. by bigtt76(f): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
The name e-Passport only signifies the unified passport booklet adopted by the Ecowas countries that is a machine readable worldwide.

The booklet is green in color and not different from the ones you may have seen undecided

Depending on your cash power you can get it in 3 days or earlier if you go to the passport office and use the agents there but at a premium cost say like 30k (official price is 17k5). All the best to your sibling.

kubumilano:
Nairalanders,I must appreciate your help in time past,it has been really useful to me in solving some social problems,I have an issue now,My younger brother of 17years old is applying for an e-passport,he needs it to further his education abroad,so I am asking informed people here or possibly an immigration officer,I want to know if when passport is ready is it going to be like the normal passport we all know or there is a different colour or style of passport for minors and how long does it take to be out

1 Like

Re: Acquiring An E-passport. by kubumilano(m): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2015
bigtt76:
The name e-Passport only signifies the unified passport booklet adopted by the Ecowas countries that is a machine readable worldwide.

The booklet is green in color and not different from the ones you may have seen undecided

Depending on your cash power you can get it in 3 days or earlier if you go to the passport office and use the agents there but at a premium cost say like 30k (official price is 17k5). All the best to your sibling.

Thanks a lot dearie,for your piece...I was actually thinking that as a minor,there will be some changes as in the pattern or the looks,stuffs like that...thanks once again BigTT cool
bigtt76:

Thanks a lot dearie,for your piece...I was actually thinking that as a minor,there will be some changes as in the pattern or the looks,stuffs like that...thanks once again BigTT
Re: Acquiring An E-passport. by bigtt76(f): 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2015
No changes at all. 17 year old nor bi minor again naaaaa grin

The only change might be the cost I think it's lower for 0 to 17 years but go online to confirm @ http://portal.immigration.gov.ng

kubumilano:
Thanks a lot dearie,for your piece...I was actually thinking that as a minor,there will be some changes as in the pattern or the looks,stuffs like that...thanks once again BigTT coolThanks a lot dearie,for your piece...I was actually thinking that as a minor,there will be some changes as in the pattern or the looks,stuffs like that...thanks once again BigTT
Re: Acquiring An E-passport. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
kubumilano:

I was at d immigration hq in abuja to process my own passport on d 13th oct; 2015.
I paid 27k but I "suspect" dt d official fee shld be around 21k or so. Everything depends on your bargaining power sha. The good thing be say I no follow queue sha. Lol
Also note that it'll cost u less to obtain an Epassport for a minor.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Ogbonnaya Wins ITU's Young Innovators Competition. / OPEC Has Stalled The Shale Revolution / Buhari And The Forty Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.