Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. (1224 Views)

12 Questions And Answers In Janazah / Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. / An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by deeprof123: 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2015
This thread is to encourage people like me to ask questions on ISLAM as a religion, its pillars, tenents and anything at all.

This is targetted at those whom usually are shy to ask in an open forum.

Rules..

* No question is stupid.

* Qoute the question and respond to it, this enables the questioner assess the answer.

* Multiple or additional answers are allowed and done in matured manner. No insults.
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by deeprof123: 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
1. Wizeboy
2. eluquenson
3. sheelay
4. amodu
5. probsolver
6. maclatunji
7. baliqisajok
8. baba11
9. Bowale007
10. Page9
11. Decipher
12. kaz33im
13. Shakirat
14. amuda3040
15. yimkalove
16. Yimikaa
17. tunnamania11
18. Hammefeez
19. Kadree
20. Tawakalt
21. tplacid
22. realshel
23. ibrodex
24. mastech1
25. Ayoshaqir
26. Jarus
27. dmy
28. highbeeola
29. TRILLIONIAR
30. dmaygee
31. BlueK1
32. olorunthobby
33. abisolaarshow
34. ibroauthen
35. doublestrika
36. mohzak
37. Mustapha111888
38. marquiseT
39. YinkaDiva
40. corozy
41. bawz012
42. Jisola
43. sallyopy
44. Rhukie
45. inecchairman
46. SonOfTheLion
47. tunde202
48. Sherif4owo
49. simbiatadesomi
50. harfiiz
51. ranson
52. adebtech
53. kyrios
54. Itsread1
55. COOLDK
56. olapinto
57. terefe
58. walelamina
59. yuskanovic
60. Biliamin
61. Cherish
62. yeyenatu
63. gbadexy
64. Salore4real
65. kuyems
66. fxskye
67. yinkusbabe
68. AbdulGaniyu
69. olanike0706
70. Rhukie's husband
71. riloxy
72. FeestoNOVA
73. Abekebaby
74. teejay622002
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by deeprof123: 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2015
My first question is on solat.

Can husband and wife pray side by side?

Will they have reward as janmma?
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by 1love4all: 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
Me sef get question ooo.

Please scholars in the house, how is Ghusl Janabat performed? I have come across about 5 differents ways of bathing janaba.

Why is there many ways of doing the same thing, and which is the most acceptable?
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by gbadexy(m): 5:40am On Oct 18, 2015
How does one pray missed jumat alongside other salats if one was unable to make it. cry
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Kunlexic(m): 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
Who are the so-called suffist,sunni,salafi etc?
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by klazbaba(m): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
deeprof123:
My first question is on solat.

Can husband and wife pray side by side?

Will they have reward as janmma?

Assalaamu 'alaykum warahmotullah. What has been narrated from the sunnah is that the woman prays behind the man.

"Al-Bukhaari (380) and Muslim (658) narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that his grandmother Mulaykah invited the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to a meal that she had made for him, and he ate some, then he said: “Get up and let me lead you in prayer.” Anas said: I went and got a reed mat of ours that had become blackened from long use, and sprinkled it with water. Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood, and the orphan and I stood behind him, and the old lady stood behind us, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led us in praying two rak'ahs, then he left.

Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath : This hadeeth teaches us a number of things… that women should stand behind the men’s rows, and a woman should form a row on her own if no other woman is present. End quote."
[culled from islamqa]

As regards whether they'll have reward for praying in jama'ah, then I don't know.
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Empiree: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
1love4all:
Me sef get question ooo.

Please scholars in the house, how is Ghusl Janabat performed? I have come across about 5 differents ways of bathing janaba.

Why is there many ways of doing the same thing, and which is the most acceptable?
Dont worry yourself over "5 different ways". The whole idea of in-dept explanations of different forms of janaba are two things:

Niyah (intention) & water MUST reach every part of your body. Is't okay?

No intention (niyah) no ghusl. Got it?
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Empiree: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Kunlexic:
Bro, ignore all these man. They pretty much irrelevant and unhealthy. Okay?
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Empiree: 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
gbadexy:
How does one pray missed jumat alongside other salats if one was unable to make it. cry
There are difference of opinon among scholars of the number of congregation if one misses Jumah salat for legitimate reason, some say at least 12 people needed to pray Jumah. Some say 40 etc. If not, you pray regular zuhr prayer.

Be steadfast on Jumah though. It is obligatory.

Read the links for more info.
http://islamqa.info/en/7718
http://islamqa.info/en/79667

God knows best.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by 1love4all: 8:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Empiree:
Dont worry yourself over "5 different ways". The whole idea of in-dept explanations of different forms of janaba are two things:

Niyah (intention) & water MUST reach every part of your body. It is a must okay?

No intention (niyah) no ghusl. Got it?
Thanks.
But I still do not understand.
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Empiree: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
1love4all:

Thanks.
But I still do not understand.
You welcome. Which part is bothering you?
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by 1love4all: 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
Empiree:
You welcome. Which part is bothering you?

What is a must about Niyat and water?

What I know is washing the right side of the body first and the the left.
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Empiree: 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
1love4all:

What is a must about Niyat and water?

What I know is washing the right side of the body first and the the left.
Oh well, you seem to understand washing right side first and then left side. So basically, you are in to it. I was basically saying you have to make niyah before you begin ghusl and then water must reach every part of you body, simple. Read more here https://www.nairaland.com/247096/how-u-realy-perform-ghusl
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
Empiree:
hmm. But I don't think dats D answer to his question. It can't be ignored I believE cos d sect one belongs to defines one's deen
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Empiree: 12:27am On Oct 19, 2015
enieme:

hmm. But I don't think dats D answer to his question. It can't be ignored I believE cos d sect one belongs to defines one's deen
I understand but quran gives ultimatum (3:103). Unless some individuals or group of individual extremely stepped out of the fold while hiding under the banner of islam, then we expose them. That's all.
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by usermane(m): 5:51am On Oct 19, 2015
klazbaba:

Assalaamu 'alaykum warahmotullah. What has been narrated from the sunnah is that the woman prays behind the man.

"Al-Bukhaari (380) and Muslim (658) narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that his grandmother Mulaykah invited the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to a meal that she had made for him, and he ate some, then he said: “Get up and let me lead you in prayer.” Anas said: I went and got a reed mat of ours that had become blackened from long use, and sprinkled it with water. Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood, and the orphan and I stood behind him, and the old lady stood behind us, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led us in praying two rak'ahs, then he left.

Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath : This hadeeth teaches us a number of things… that women should stand behind the men’s rows, and a woman should form a row on her own if no other woman is present. End quote."
[culled from islamqa]

As regards whether they'll have reward for praying in jama'ah, then I don't know.

Peace!

Even though i do not believe in extra-Quranic teachings, i think it will help if you could provide clearer or direct proof prohibiting women from praying alongside men. Any avid reader can easily see that the event in the above narration no where prohibit women from praying alongside men. That the woman prayed behind the men could have been her choice, not neccessarily an obligation for her
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by usermane(m): 6:53am On Oct 19, 2015
Kunlexic:

Peace!

I will drop my two cents and urge you to dig further on your own.

The Suffis are partisan of suffism, an early Muslim creed that champion a more spiritual and mystical approach to practising Islam, instead of the orthodox legalistic approach. In their discourse, much emphasis is laid on rituals and worship to purify the soul, way beyond statutes.

The Sunnis(Ahlul sunna wal Jama'a) are one of the earliest creed to emerge following the death of Muhammad. Most Muslims 80% belong to the Sunni creed. The Sunnis interpret Islam from a more traditional view, laying much emphasis on reports or deeds(Hadith) attributed to Muhammad or his companions.

The Salafis were originally partisans of an early reformist Muslim movement in the beggining of the 20th century. The salafis preached a more modern and less conservative take on Islam in order to prove the compatibility of Islam with modern trends(democracy, human right, freedom of expression) and get the Muslim world less dependent on the West, economical and technological wise. The salafis called for a return to the primary texts of Islam, challenging the orthodox interpretation of Islamic text with a more rational and liberal one.

Unfortunately, the salafi movement was corrupted from within and outside into Wahhabism, another contemporary reformist movement albeit more rigid, legalistic, ultraconservative and anti-modern in its interpretation of Islam. Today Salafis have no bearing with the original salafis but are Wahabbis.
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by 1love4all: 7:00am On Oct 19, 2015
Empiree:
Oh well, you seem to understand washing right side first and then left side. So basically, you are in to it. I was basically saying you have to make niyah before you begin ghusl and then water must reach every part of you body, simple. Read more here https://www.nairaland.com/247096/how-u-realy-perform-ghusl

Am grateful, may Allah increase your knowledge.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Kunlexic(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Empiree:
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Kunlexic(m): 7:33am On Oct 19, 2015
usermane:

Peace!

I will drop my two cents and urge you to dig further on your own.

The Suffis are partisan of suffism, an early Muslim creed that champion a more spiritual and mystical approach to practising Islam, instead of the orthodox legalistic approach. In their discourse, much emphasis is laid on rituals and worship to purify the soul, way beyond statutes.

The Sunnis(Ahlul sunna wal Jama'a) are one of the earliest creed to emerge following the death of Muhammad. Most Muslims 80% belong to the Sunni creed. The Sunnis interpret Islam from a more traditional view, laying much emphasis on reports or deeds(Hadith) attributed to Muhammad or his companions.

The Salafis were originally partisans of an early reformist Muslim movement in the beggining of the 20th century. The salafis preached a more modern and less conservative take on Islam in order to prove the compatibility of Islam with modern trends(democracy, human right, freedom of expression) and get the Muslim world less dependent on the West, economical and technological wise. The salafis called for a return to the primary texts of Islam, challenging the orthodox interpretation of Islamic text with a more rational and liberal one.

Unfortunately, the salafi movement was corrupted from within and outside into Wahhabism, another contemporary reformist movement albeit more rigid, legalistic, ultraconservative and anti-modern in its interpretation of Islam. Today Salafis have no bearing with the original salafis but are Wahabbis.
Jazakumllah khairan bro
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by deeprof123: 7:40am On Oct 19, 2015
Thanks all for the contributions so far.

I have another question, i once watched a scholar who said we must recite solatul ibrahimiyya with Attayah after every two rakats.

how true is this?

i would love to know where the attayah ends for one to gain full reward.

many thanks once again.
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2015
Empiree:
I understand but quran gives ultimatum (3:103). Unless some individuals or group of individual extremely stepped out of the fold while hiding under the banner of islam, then we expose them. That's all.
hmm, but he mentioned Sunni salafi and Shia all together. there's a diff Brown them all and doesn't mean all r deviants
Re: A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. by Empiree: 11:54am On Oct 19, 2015
enieme:

hmm, but he mentioned Sunni salafi and Shia all together. there's a diff Brown them all and doesn't mean all r deviants
i don't think you get my point. I am of the opinion that it's better of to get out of sectarianism. I am not saying groups you mentioned are deviants. Yes, i know about salafi, sufi, shia and others.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Gog And Magog / Pray For Gaza #save Gaza / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.