Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North (26036 Views)

2019: PDP Zones Presidency To North, Vice-presidency To South / 2019: New Mega Party Zones Presidency To The North •VP For S/east.. / APC May Lose Senate Presidency To PDP - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
The National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has adopted report of the committee chaired by Ike Ekweremadu, which recommended that the north should produce the next president.

The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party has endorsed the report as well. The PDP had mandated its post-election review committee to come up with ideas on how the party could reinvent itself after its dismal performance in the last general election.

Last week, the committee submitted its report, making four cardinal recommendations on the restructuring of the party. The report emphasised the sanctity of the zoning principle of the party, introduction of biometric membership registration, introduction of direct primaries and reconciliation.

Speaking at 67th NEC meeting of the PDP, the first since the general election, Uche Secondus, national chairman of the opposition party, said: “We have come to a critical juncture in the life of our dear party and the NWC under my leadership is determined to drive the process of re-invention that would ultimately return the party’s lost glory. “Against this background, we have adopted the recommendations of the Ike Ekweremadu committee as a veritable road map for this process of rejuvenation and we call on all to give it their support. “Primarily, the NWC has already kick-started the implementation of the PDP biometric membership registration, which the NEC approved in 2010.

“The Ekweremadu report has reiterated the importance of this policy in opening up the party and returning it fully to the grassroots among many other advantages it carries. “The zoning principle enshrined in our constitution is another fundamental element to be pursued in this reform roadmap. In accordance with the recommendation of the committee, we have made a pronouncement that the party’s presidential candidate would be zoned to northern Nigeria for the 2019 general election.

“The NWC believes that a thorough implementation of the roadmap is the panacea to the challenges confronting the party. Now that the report is before NEC, the process of consultation has started. “The PDP brand is still dear to the hearts of majority of Nigerians because it still remains the only national party that articulates the interests of Nigerians. All we need is focus at this time and the co-operation of all to reposition it for greater heights. “When a person chases several rats in different directions, the most likely outcome is that none of those rats will be caught. In life, we are often barraged with so many competing issues at the same time most of which legitimately deserve our attention. “There is therefore the need to become more focused and united in order to be effective in our pursuits. A sick man needs to see a good doctor for treatment, whether he likes the idea or not.In our party today, the treatment we need is to implement the road map presented to us by the Ike Ekweremadu committee.”

https://www.thecable.ng/sealed-pdp-officially-zones-presidency-north

1 Like

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
Why Always North?

So After all said and done, My Igbo brothers and sisters are going to be Slaves again to the North?? Mbanu!

Tufiakwa

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by fineguy11(m): 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2015
grin i wish them GOODLUCK. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:22pm On Oct 15, 2015
that's how we roll
Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by januzaj(m): 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2015
SE = USED AND DUMPED
1999 to 2023
they call us hausa slaves.....= 8yrs as president....Current VP
Saying SE will rule Nigeria is like saying Lord Bendtner will win European golden Shoe
I cant wait to see PA CHUKWUDI licking ab.oki asshole

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by simplycarro: 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2015
It's finished for PDP grin

31 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by BlackrulesDworld(m): 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2015
Seccession is what will need in the zoo, its obvious we ain't one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by ckmayoca: 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
That's the way only to fight back. North as a candidate and this means northerners are here to rule for a long time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by OJUcrook: 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
C'est finir

3 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
Expected decision and a pragmatic one at that from the party. A lot depends on whether Buhari goes for a second term which I increasingly doubt.
If Buhari does not run then the party stands a chance, if he runs he will always lock down the North no matter what.
Dankwambo the presumptive PDP frontrunner for now, Ribadu waiting in the wings.
Obi or NOI would be running mate.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by theV0ice: 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
So finally an abok.i face will adorn posters all over the SE in 2019 and some folks will not develop high BP from hatred and bitterness... grin

Thank God for PDP's foresight in working towards Nigeria's unity o cheesy cheesy

At least I won't have to fight 'born to rule' crooners henceforth cheesy

Nigeria wins again cool

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by Davijunson: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
well, PDP already planning for defeat...

4 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by pedel: 8:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
Wrong move. They should have done that earlier; they presented GEJ.
The north wont need any president in 2019 because PMB will still be there and its their turn till 2023.
After that it will be Igbo President after in 2023. Will they still present a notherner in 2023?

PDP lost their grip on power because of few greedy and insane people running the party.
There wont be any PDP in 2023. Their loss in 2019, should they exist till then, would kill them completely.

Many of their financiers will be in prison by 2019.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
Seccession is what will need in the zoo, its obvious we ain't one.

Greatest Loser of life.

I thought you were one of those that called APC Northerner party and adopted PDP? The same PDP is dishing out Presidency to the North which you love to hate.

I guess you guys have lost hope even with your reginional AGPA and have resolved to seccessionism. PDP don chop dem, shiit on their head and use them clean yansh. You can go and create your Biafra.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by themilanway(m): 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Do you mean Mogidi,talktimi,Anonimi,Ngwakwe,Mizmycoli and the rest of other"patriotics" will hold hands,dance,hug,shake their waist with the"Almajiri's,the"Born to rule"the"terrorists"the"Jihadist"?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You have got to be kidding me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by hinwazaka: 8:46pm On Oct 15, 2015
I will always LOVE the PDP. Ever since 1999, I have always been with the PDP. PDP I have been, and PDP I will be till I die. GOD bless the PDP. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

12 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
This is a welcome development. I congratulate Northerners in advance and it is my belief that the candidate that will fly the ticket will not be a Northern candidate but the Presidential Candidate of PDP who's from the Northern extraction. Power belongs to the People!!!!

PDP!

12 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by Mogidi: 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
The National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has adopted report of the committee chaired by Ike Ekweremadu, which recommended that the north should produce the next president.

This is a master-stroke by PDP since Buhari won't be contesting the 2019 election.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by Sweetguy25: 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2015
Our country Nigeria is a USELESS country. I am very sorry.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by BlackrulesDworld(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2015
Have you been following my post? I guess not. I've never for once believe in both APC and PDP. But notwithstanding I have to say the truth, so many things are not right in this country.

So to you anyone that doesn't support the idea of a norther ruling Nigeria is a biafran? I'm not tho, I'm a typical full-blooded yoruba!!

If we cant live happily together then let us secede.

FOLYKAZE:

Greatest Loser of life.

I thought you were one of those that called APC Northerner party and adopted PDP? The same PDP is dishing out Presidency to the North which you love to hate.

I guess you guys have lost hope even with your reginional AGPA and have resolved to seccessionism. PDP don chop dem, shiit on their head and use them clean yansh. You can go and create your Biafra.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by ODUBEZE: 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2015
PDP, get ready to loose again!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by QuotaSystem: 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2015
From protesting born to rule...to promoting born to rule...you are learners grin

Even the champions of Lower Niger Congress are cheering the emergence of a 'Parasite" to rule over them...

i can't wait for anonimi's crayons and jpegs campaigning for another 'kunu sipping dullard' from the North grin grin

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
Since 1999 the Southern part have been given 4 Presidential ticket of the PDP, while the North only had one. Equity and fairness demands that the PDP zone 2019 and 2023 Presidential tickets to the North. The Vice Presidential ticket should naturally go to the South East considering that it is the only geopolitical zone in the South that is yet to field a candidate for both Presidential and Vice Presidential elections.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2015
SenseiX:
Expected decision and a pragmatic one at that from the party. A lot depends on whether Buhari goes for a second term which I increasingly doubt.
If Buhari does not run then the party stands a chance, if he runs he will always lock down the North no matter what.
Dankwambo the presumptive PDP frontrunner for now, Ribadu waiting in the wings.
Obi or NOI would be running mate.
Whether Buhari agrees to run or not is irrelevant. We shall send him back to Daura come 2019. Come 2019 power will return to the people (PDP).

Ribadu 2019 Project is possible!!!!

5 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by hinwazaka: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
A party that loves your mothers, sisters, wives and even girlfriends. If you believe your daughter deserves more than the crap, that misogynist bast@rd in aso rock claims he has given her, then show your love for women in 2019, when PDP attempts to make NOI our first female President.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by QuotaSystem: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Since 1999 the Southern part have been given 4 Presidential ticket of the PDP, while the North only had one. Equity and fairness demands that the PDP zone 2019 and 2023 Presidential tickets to the North.

When will this boy have human dignity and stick to one script?

Did you not realize you were jeopardizing the zoning arrangement when you allowed GEJ to run in 2011?

Why are you suddenly pretending to be concerned about fairness to the North?

I'm glad the NL PDP Rep has confirmed to wailers they will be governed by 'abokhis' till 2027 (next 12 years) whether Buhari continues in 2019 or not. Sweetguy25 copy that.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by hinwazaka: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
QuotaSystem:

When will this boy have human dignity and stick to one script?

Did you not realize you were jeopardizing the zoning arrangement when you allowed GEJ to run in 2011?

Why are you suddenly pretending to be concerned about fairness to the North?

P.S Wailers your NL PDP Rep has confirmed you will be ruled by 'abokhis' till 2027 (next 12 years) whether Buhari continues in 2019 or not.
Olisa Metuh on ChannelsTV, sunrise daily explained it clearly, and I quote " it would have been wrong of us to deny the ex-president his MORAL right to run for a second term". If you like shout from now till next year, come 2019, the PDP will return to put back the shattered pieces of the country, courtesy of the selfish, chaotic, unfocused and good for nothing APC government.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by QuotaSystem: 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2015
hinwazaka:

Olisa Metuh on ChannelsTV, sunrise daily explained it clearly, and I quote " it would have been wrong of us to deny the ex-president his MORAL right to run for a second term". If you like shout from now till next year, come 2019, the PDP will return to put back the shattered pieces of the country, courtesy of the selfish, chaotic, unfocused and good for nothing APC government.

Despite the hypocrisy of deceitfully prioritizing an individuals ascribed 'moral right' over the laid down Party Rule, I appreciate the confidence you are reposing in we northerners to lead you to a brighter future.

Are you going to Sai Ribadu or Sai who?

44 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by scribble: 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2015
Stupidity

APC will field Yoruba and igbo if sai baba is unavailable

PDP will lose

6 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by demelza: 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Greatest Loser of life.

grin LMFAO!
Haba oga! Don't kick a man when he is down na. grin

24 Likes

Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by hinwazaka: 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Despite the hypocrisy of deceitfully prioritizing an individuals ascribed 'moral right' over the laid down Party Rule, I appreciate the confidence you are reposing in we northerners to lead you to a brighter future.

Are you going to Sai Ribadu or Sai who?
Maybe you haven't been reading my posts. I have always stated that the next presidential candidate for the PDP will not be a Northerner. And besides, you and I both know that you are an indigene of the Southwest.
Re: PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North by MizMyColi(f): 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2015
gringringringrin
This AC Milan guy should leave my moniker alone na. Hiancheesy Thanks for mentioning me sha, I prolly wouldn't have seen this.

Well, na siddon look I dey.
Until I see and personally vouch for the candidates, I won't rejoice just yet. I won't fume either.

Nation building is a task that must be upheld.
The APC led FG had better perform, or risk being booted out.
insha Allahu, the days of iranu are over.
#Progress

Those who are trying to make GEJites cum PDP supporters appear hypocritical for approving the emergence of a northernern candidate need to understand that the reason most people didn't give their support to President Bubu and saw him as a man with an islamization agenda isn't so much about his region than it is about his perceived religious fanaticism, especially going by the highly inflammatory and incitive statements which were attributed to him during the pre-2015 era. Not to mention his rather apparent disinterest in National affairs prior to this time, and his unwillingness to exhibit acts of statesmanship especially in the case of Boko Haram.

That President Buhari just obtained his National ID Card a few days back begs a lot of questions and tell us a lot to the discerning mind.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zainab Duke Abiola Calls Jonathan’s Book ‘Monumental Manipulation Of Facts’ / IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol / Aregbesola And Kwankwaso Meet With Hausa Community In Ife (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.