Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries (1022 Views)

Outstanding Salaries Owed By All State Government / Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / N80b Salary Debt: Akeredolu Begs Ondo Workers To Waive Outstanding Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by Today01: 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, says he has fulfilled his pledge to workers in the state to pay all the salaries and pensions backlog, ahead of the deadline of 30 October.
Government commended workers for their patience so far and assure them that all efforts will be made to ensure that they are not owed any arrears of salary.
The Chairman of the Bailout Funds Management Committee, Mr. Obinna Oriaku declared today that all outstanding Salaries and Pensions in Abia State have been transmitted to banks for onward disbursement to their beneficiaries.
Going by the breakdown of the payments made, three month salary arrears owed council workers and four months to primary school teachers have been paid.
Arrears owed pensioners, ministries, agency and judiciary workers have also been cleared.
The biggest beneficiaries are Health Management Board workers, Abia University and Abia State University Teaching Hospital Staff: arrears running into seven and eight months have been paid.
Also paid are workers of Abia State polytechnic, owed six months and workers of College of Education, Arochukwu owed eight months.
Oriaku commended educational Institutions, which had found ways to sustain their operations despite the non-release of their subventions over time.
Government also urged the National Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE) Abia State Chapter to support the on-going workers verification as it said the current wage bill of local governments is unsustainable.
“The Monthly Wage Bill of Local Government Workers in Abia State currently stands at N900M excluding salaries to teachers (ASUBEB) and Local Government Pensions. The average Monthly allocation to Local Governments currently stands at N1.5B. Clearly, the current system is unsustainable as it will entail government borrowing to pay salaries,” Oriaku submitted.
The Bailout Committee is still reviewing data for pre-April 2015 State Pensions and it will be released as soon as the verification is completed within a week.
The Bailout Committee will review arrears of leave and promotion allowances and also some pressing gratuity claims if all salary and Pensions claims have been offset and funds are still available.
https://www.today.ng/news/25341/abia-pays-all-workers-outstanding-salaries/
Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by brofula(m): 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
Okezuo Well done, Go ahead and rule your people well.
Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
Good governance is not about party affiliations, it is more about the individual holding the office.........Aregbesola of Osun in comparison with the Abia State Governor as a case study.
Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
lol... PDP government did ds?? Wonders!! well for now I think dey re berra off dan APC.....
Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by CSTR2: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
Given the abomination called okorocha, APC has no hope or future in the SE.

1 Like

Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by CSTR2: 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
crixtex:
lol... PDP government did ds?? Wonders!! well for now I think dey re berra off dan APC.....
For some reasons, PDP in the SE is decent.
Theodore orji is the worst exception. APGA is still the best though.
It is only a matter of time before they claim the entire east and maybe some parts of the SS..
Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
CSTR2:
For some reasons, PDP in the SE is decent.
Theodore orji is the worst exception. APGA is still the best though.
It is only a matter of time before they claim the entire east and maybe some parts of the SS..
TA orji bleeped up.. buh I hear Ikpeazu his trying at Aba now though.. and yea APGA is a better party
Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
How much was set aside for former boss in the N900mil?
Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by sigiyaya(m): 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
This is why i laugh when people begin to talk of how bad their state governors are because i feel the don't know what bad governance is.
In Imo state today you don't feel any presence of state government for there is absolutely nothing to show for it, no good road, no water, workers(nobody is talking about the pensioners) have not being paid for months, immediately the bail out fund from the federal government was released Okorocha traveled to turkey(i don't need to tell you what that movement means if you are a nigerian)came back and started a fly over project along okigwe road initiated started by the immediate past governor which he Rochas swore never to complete and was even turning it into a roundabout because according to him it is a waste of money. No good environment in Imo today for there is hip of dirts in virtually every nook and cranny of Owerri. The gutters are not flowing because of dirts, everywhere is smiling and has become a good habitat for mosquitoes and rats and others to breed, with the infections they carry. The so called free education in the tertiary institution is a big scam and only exist on billboards and on the media. The inception of his government collapsed the local government in the state for almost five years now and on, the scam then was the introduction of the Community Government Council (CGC) and which is no longer functional till today. Okorocha can not bust of an initiated and completed project in Imo state; first he started with installing gates in every entrance in Owerri capital city streets, today no gate. He moved to constructing a dwarf fence along wherthral road; today it has collapse and failed. He said it is time to seal up all the gutters even when the said gutter is filled up with dirts; but today the project has collapsed and failed. The massive road construction in Imo is all phantom while the few project(Road) has been abandoned or damaged after weeks of construction. Okay what about the 27 new world class general hospital in all local government in the state, abandon too. Let's talk about the well reported 25000 youth must work programme scam, which some youths from the state were given uniform without portfolio with only 4 month 20,000 salary for almost 5 years now only to be dismissed some days ago. Should we talk about some parastatals like Imo transport company(ITC) or Imo broadcasting corporation(IBC)upon all the lies the told for him in the last general election they have not receive their salary for more than a year now. Lets forget Imo concorde hotel, shoe industry and Imo blue lake of treasure scam. I can not, at least not so soon forget the jamboree of his excellence on radio and television the popular INDUSTRY INDUSTRY INDUSTRY, JOB JOB JOB scam. No wonder a friend of mine told me that the worst thing that can ever happen to a man is to listen to Rochas because he knows no truth in his life. Since the people have know him (duo too late) have you been hearing MY PEOPLE MY PEOPLE NONSENSE? The only thing rochas thinks of is how to scam imo citizens take ownership of their landed property. Currently he and his family including his in laws owns almost 25% of Owerri capital city, even his own village is not left out because people there are also crying of how they have lost lands worth millions to this same man. This is a man who contested gubernatorial election in imo state and was massively voted for by the people,(without money, people even contributed for his cause) some lost their life while the were trying to protect his mandate. In Imo state today if you are not a member of Rochas family or an in law then embrace hungar and poverty. I think he is an abomination, a predicament and punishment to Imo state and the worst Governor not only in Nigeria or West African subregion but the whole of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by eagleeye2: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
;DPeople Deceiving People grin lekwa ha......ndia choro iri m'. grin Until I see alerts, and confirm same, I will not believe this shitty story.
Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
sigiyaya:
This is why i laugh when people begin to talk of how bad their state governors are because i feel the don't know what bad governance is.
In Imo state today you don't feel any presence of state government for there is absolutely nothing to show for it, no good road, no water, workers(nobody is talking about the pensioners) have not being paid for months, immediately the bail out fund from the federal government was released Okorocha traveled to turkey(i don't need to tell you what that movement means if you are a nigerian)came back and started a fly over project along okigwe road initiated started by the immediate past governor which he Rochas swore never to complete and was even turning it into a roundabout because according to him it is a waste of money. No good environment in Imo today for there is hip of dirts in virtually every nook and cranny of Owerri. The gutters are not flowing because of dirts, everywhere is smiling and has become a good habitat for mosquitoes and rats and others to breed, with the infections they carry. The so called free education in the tertiary institution is a big scam and only exist on billboards and on the media. The inception of his government collapsed the local government in the state for almost five years now and on, the scam then was the introduction of the Community Government Council (CGC) and which is no longer functional till today. Okorocha can not bust of an initiated and completed project in Imo state; first he started with installing gates in every entrance in Owerri capital city streets, today no gate. He moved to constructing a dwarf fence along wherthral road; today it has collapse and failed. He said it is time to seal up all the gutters even when the said gutter is filled up with dirts; but today the project has collapsed and failed. The massive road construction in Imo is all phantom while the few project(Road) has been abandoned or damaged after weeks of construction. Okay what about the 27 new world class general hospital in all local government in the state, abandon too. Let's talk about the well reported 25000 youth must work programme scam, which some youths from the state were given uniform without portfolio with only 4 month 20,000 salary for almost 5 years now only to be dismissed some days ago. Should we talk about some parastatals like Imo transport company(ITC) or Imo broadcasting corporation(IBC)upon all the lies the told for him in the last general election they have not receive their salary for more than a year now. Lets forget Imo concorde hotel, shoe industry and Imo blue lake of treasure scam. I can not, at least not so soon forget the jamboree of his excellence on radio and television the popular INDUSTRY INDUSTRY INDUSTRY, JOB JOB JOB scam. No wonder a friend of mine told me that the worst thing that can ever happen to a man is to listen to Rochas because he knows no truth in his life. Since the people have know him (duo too late) have you been hearing MY PEOPLE MY PEOPLE NONSENSE? The only thing rochas thinks of is how to scam imo citizens take ownership of their landed property. Currently he and his family including his in laws owns almost 25% of Owerri capital city, even his own village is not left out because people there are also crying of how they have lost lands worth millions to this same man. This is a man who contested gubernatorial election in imo state and was massively voted for by the people,(without money, people even contributed for his cause) some lost their life while the were trying to protect his mandate. In Imo state today if you are not a member of Rochas family or an in law then embrace hungar and poverty. I think he is an abomination, a predicament and punishment to Imo state and the worst Governor not only in Nigeria or West African subregion but the whole of Africa.
I put it to you that you are lieing
Yes Rocha's may not have managed IMO resources well enough to maintain a healthy debt but his antecedents interms of capital projects will speak for him in years to come
Re: Abia Pays All Workers’ Outstanding Salaries by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
I like my igbo brothers except for okorocha sha...

(1) (Reply)

Exposed: Buhari In Dangerous Moves To Take Over 3 Niger-delta Oil Rich States / A Passage To India By Femi Adesina / They Say A Picture Speaks A Thousand Words, This Picture Speaks A Million Words.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.