Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (44662 Views)

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi / Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by rolchi(m): 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari says he “will not resign” if he is unable to fulfill his promise of defeating Boko Haram by December.

Buhari, who was speaking in an exclusive interview with Mehdi Hasan on Al Jazeera English’s ‘Upfront’, said he would instead be “determined to stay on and fight it out”.

In the interview, which won’t be aired until Friday night, the president also reiterated his willingness to do a deal with Boko Haram to free the kidnapped Chibok girls on the condition that the true leaders of the sect are the ones to be dialogued with. “We said it and we meant it,” he said. “They have to prove to us that they are alive, they are well, and then we can…negotiate with them.

We said it and we meant it. If we are satisfied that the girls are alive.” Asked whether he would offer financial payments, or a prisoner release, to Boko Haram in return for the girls, he refrained from ruling out either option, saying: “Well, it depends on the negotiations with the leadership of Boko Haram.”

Still, he expressed assurance that Boko Haram will be defeated by the end of 2015, saying: “As soon as the rainy season comes, which is by the end of the year… Boko Haram will virtually be out of their main stronghold and that will be the end of it…. Attacks by Boko Haram on townships, on military installations, will certainly stop.”

He also said he had not seen the Amnesty International report from June 2015, ‘Nigeria: Stars on their shoulders: Blood on their hands’, in which the human-rights group documented abuses, torture and unlawful killings by the Nigerian armed forces and urged the government to prosecute a group of officers and senior commanders. “I haven’t received that report personally,” he said. “If I get those documents… I assure you that I will take action as Commander in Chief.”

Asked about his record as a military dictator in the mid-1980s, and the alleged human-rights abuses which occurred on his watch, Buhari said: “If there is any injustice that can be proved against me when I was there, I will gladly apologize.” However, he refused to concede that his ‘war against indiscipline’ in the 1980s featured any such “injustice”.

https://www.thecable.ng/wont-resign-even-dont-defeat-boko-haram-december-says-buhari

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
When JOnathan couldn't defeat BH while he was there, he was prompted to resign which you APC people all called out for. Now its your turn sir. Its either you defeat BH and receive praises from NIgerians whilst holding that seat or fail to and be prompted to resign along side back lashings from Nigerians. Good day sir.

381 Likes 39 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
a deal with terrorists?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by 4reala(m): 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
Keep trying Man, by the grace of God victory will be ours in jesus name.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by TechRez(m): 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
How will any sane person think the president will resign after fighting for over a decade to get into A so Rock.

We wish him and his military success in the battle. I only hope we can stop politicising terrorism. It requires a collective effort, devoid of tribe, political affiliation and religion.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by abiolert(m): 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
Sure Even Obama won't do so, why should u Mr President?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by onatisi(m): 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
This statement reminds me of Abacha statement when he said"even if it remains 1000 people in Nigeria ,I will rule"

164 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by OVI75(m): 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
May b i didnt ndestand d write up,ye one belief persist"Buhari is a conspiracy"he is one of the greatest deceit peddled on nigerian.

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by ojun50(m): 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nigerians can fine trouble

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
said he would instead be “determined to stay on and fight it out”.
Only God will judge APC for deceiving Nigerians that they have antidote for BH and will end it in TWO months.

245 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
Lalasticlala...
Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by nerodenero: 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
Most white men resigns for failing. Africans don't.

Abba Moro defrauded Nigerians, collected N1000 and killing some in the process.He never resigned.

Jonathan tried, failed too and never resigned. Polithiefcians never mean what they say and never say what they mean.

Even if everybody is resigning for failing, a northerner will never resign. The born-to-rule mentality is in them like peak. A resignation means a southerner takes over again, that one na dream wey no fit come to fulfilment grin grin. God forbid, PMB would rather die as President like Yar'Adua than resign.

Maybe PMB was sleeping when he set the December deadline but it isn't possible. That deadline is a political statement or better still it was made to put the soldiers on their feet to speed up their fight against terrorism. One can only wish and hope bokoharam is brought to an end soon. It's doable.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by osesology(m): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ride on baba, with God by your side, boko idiots will be a thing of the past by the end of 2015 in Jesus name, Amen

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by ERODEDEAST(f): 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
Bull.ari just a "Blocked Head"

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by bigass123(m): 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
I love PMB with a passion... kiss
Haters come and lick my ass grin
Wailers cry come and take free bucket to collect your tears cry cos you still have a very long way to go.
Una go wail till 2050 AD grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by pet4ril(f): 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
Gbam!!! E don happen shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by Richie0974: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
Now he's sounding unsure I'm the fight against Boko Haram after all the 'we're winning the fight against Boko Haram '. Smh

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by SeunBrother: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
baba one chance

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by damton(m): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
True talk mr. President. you have our unalloyed support.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by rozayx5(m): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
TechRez:
How will any sane person think the president will resign after fighting for over a decade to get into A so Rock.

We wish him and his military success in the battle. I only hope we can stop politicising terrorism. It requires a collective effort, devoid of tribe, political affiliation and religion.

hypocrites . where were u when gej was around and apc were politicking with bh. na today u come wake uo dey find collective effort. this is just the bginning. buhari is reaping the evil that he sowed i just pity the "soft" targets

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by Lordtrillion(m): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
Lol
Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by jnrbayano(m): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
A woman in a man's skin.

Powerful in manifestos, weakling in implementation.

Jonathan's heroic status is all the more being bettered in his failings.

Smh!!

26 Likes

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by onyepapa(m): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
Baba don't worry your body odour is doing a nice job. Awu

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by funkiebully: 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
Bastard dullardpo! Already giving excuse for not meeting yet another postponed December deadline.

Buhari shame on u!

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by hizson(m): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
lol... baba already knows he wont fulfill his promise. well we pray God gives you the wisdom to defeat them in time..

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by Acidosis(m): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
lol
Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by ademoladeji(m): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
We are human... Always throw things open with God being in-charge. Let's not make promises we might not fulfil especially when attaching TIME to it.

Only God knows tomorrow.

May God help you Bubu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by cycline404(m): 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2015

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by MadCow1: 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
Baba Boo..

Even if you die in Office, your Deadboby must remain in office until 2019..

A dead Buhari is better than a Living Jonathan or any other thing that PDP can produce. angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by datamanager5: 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
kk
Re: I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
The Presidiot has spoken.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogun State At 40: List Of Dignitaries From Ogun / Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN / Amaechi Talks Tough, Said Saturday Will Be Battle Not Election (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.