Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,564 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group (20629 Views)

Mass Sack In Banks Ploy To Discredit FG -APC / Buhari Sends Second Batch Of Ministerial List To The Senate (PIX / Photos Of Saraki’s Unveiling Of Ministerial Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by midolian(m): 11:15am On Oct 17, 2015
The Network for Justice, a civil society organization, has condemned the postponement of the ministerial screening by the Senate, saying the act smacks of political mischief designed to delay the trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki.

The group’s Executive Director, Dr. Abdullahi Bala Gaduwama, made the remark yesterday in a statement in Kano, stressing that the postponement of the exercise was a ploy to shield Saraki from appearing at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) for the continuation of his trial next week.
The activist demanded the immediate resumption of the exercise and warned the Senate against joking with the future of the country.

“It is on record that the 7th Senate outrageously passed 40 bills in 40 minutes simply because it served their interest to do so and the 8th Senate is now telling us that they cannot complete the screening of 16 ministerial nominees whose names were released two weeks ago by the President,” Gaduwama stated.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/-postponement-of-ministerial-screening-ploy-to-delay-saraki-s-trial/115384.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by Ciscogod(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2015
I will like to see the outcome of the CCT trial , if truly the change mantra is a fluk or its real.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by Dannyset(m): 11:19am On Oct 17, 2015
In as much as I want Saraki prosecuted, I think this is a coincidence. We all know that the other nominees are yet to submit their CV's and the remaining 2 from the first list have issues surrounding their nomination.

5 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Delay not denial. The guy must face jail

Saraki knows he is guilty of all the 13count charge, hence these tactics. He likes it or not, he will still have to face it.

5 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by Rawani: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2015
This is a valid concern because there is no reason why the screening of the ministerial nominees has not been expedited apart from irresponsible politicking designed to serve parochial interests.

What else do we expect in a Senate whose leadership was birthed through questionable circumstances?

2 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by Firefire(m): 11:26am On Oct 17, 2015
Interesting...

APC, party of confused criminals. undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by midolian(m): 11:28am On Oct 17, 2015
A part of me said this to me immediately I learnt the screening exercise has been postponed..

Let me state clearly here..if Saraki escapes this, I will cease to take this government's anti-corruption talks seriously. angry angry

But again,..can't Ekweremadu head the senate while Saraki faces trial? I need an answer pls angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by LadyExcellency: 11:31am On Oct 17, 2015
Who expects Saraki's witchhunt to be dispensed in 2 Court appearances?

Is like these APC sycophantic psychos are expecting too much from their misrule, padi-padi vindictive use of judiciary, protection of APC looters and compromised INEC officials who collected bribe to rig in favour of APC?

Hypocrites

11 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by Alphaoscar: 11:31am On Oct 17, 2015
I have always been saying it that Saraki is part of the conspirators delaying Amaechi's screening
Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by modath(f): 11:34am On Oct 17, 2015
E nor go work.
Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by donphilopus: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2015
Without being told, every sane mind would know what the Senate is trying to do. Saraki is to appear before the CCT on Wednesday the 21st of October 2015 and the Senate postponed the Screening till next week. According to Dino, 9 would be screened on Tuesday while the remaining 9 would be screened on Wednesday. Anyway, I believe Ekweremadu can preside over the Screening in the absence of Saraki.

Saraki must face CCT!

6 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by ZeezaRapture(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2015
There is this saying Yorubas in Lagos use to say:

Eni to ba ma jeko, ko le se ko ma yorun jade
ninu danfo -- meaning that, A person that is destined to recieve a knock on the head shall never fail to bring out his head out from the window of Danfo(Lagos' commercial bus).

I hope you understand what i mean now?cheesycheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by luche90(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2015
How will the postponement of the ministerial screening help in delaying his trial. Does the court of appeal run its calendar according to the dictates and events of the Senate. This foolish Op is just being mischevious, as usual.

7 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by midolian(m): 11:49am On Oct 17, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
There is this saying Yorubas in Lagos use to say:

Eni to ba ma jeko, ko le se ko ma yorun jade
ninu danfo -- meaning that, A person that is destined to recieve a knock on the head shall never fail to bring out his head out from the window of Danfo(Lagos' commercial bus).

I hope you understand what i mean now?cheesycheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:49am On Oct 17, 2015
Saraki trial must go on... He should explain himself to the judge

2 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by Akosxxx(m): 11:52am On Oct 17, 2015
yes keh, emi tii mo.
nigga ll be shocked tht after screening buhari's ministers he still gon leave tht seat

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by money121(m): 11:52am On Oct 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by ignis: 11:53am On Oct 17, 2015
This is another propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by Agimor(m): 11:53am On Oct 17, 2015
You're not far from the truth sir,in all Sariki must face trial.

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by ZYZZA: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2015
Mmmmm Game or throne
#IHATEAPC #BROOMWAVINGDEMONDS #IREFUSETOBEAZOMBIE

5 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by donphilopus: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2015
luche90:
How will the postponement of the ministerial screening help in delaying his trial. Does the court of appeal run its calendar according to the dictates and events of the Senate. This foolish Op is just being mischevious, as usual.

How is he being mischievous?! Is a source not quoted?! The CCT is to resume the hearing of Saraki's trial on Wednesday and the Senate decided to adjourn Sitting and Screening till then and you're here ranting?! Go and sit down joor!!

10 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by SylarsMcQuins: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2015
Well, aint no Politician n politics aint my thing buh music is.....

Download and share the latest single in town

Larry Kuti - Olowo Fe Dabira

This song will surely get you on the right path and also believing there is hope for Nigerian Music.

www.ipunjab.me/singles/download/2929/Olowo-Fe-Dabira-by-Larry-Kuti.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by ZeezaRapture(m): 11:55am On Oct 17, 2015
midolian:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

hehehe bros hw u dey na?

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by Ogbodavies(m): 11:55am On Oct 17, 2015
naija politics..... similar to......... this is another wale adenuga production.. super story.

1 Like

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by EagleScribes: 11:56am On Oct 17, 2015
Allegations upon allegations. Allegating the allegators tongue

These guys at the top think they can make all these look mysterious to confuse the populace.

Don't worry guys. we know better. We are watching.
Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by WHOcarex: 11:56am On Oct 17, 2015
*yawn*
Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by omenka(m): 11:56am On Oct 17, 2015
Firefire:
Interesting...

APC, party of confused criminals.
Surprise the world and say something reasonable for once- you aren't gonna die from doing so.

@post: I was gonna do a piece regarding the postponement and just stumbled upon this thread.

The postponement of the exercise to coincide with the period Saraki is supposed to be defending himself in court is indeed the height of mischief and betrays just how desperate that man is to run away from the law which he took an oath to uphold.

Incidences like this reveal the flaws in our constitution and the urgent need for constitutional reforms. I am tilting towards finding a way to make the selection and confirmation of the executive cabinet the exclusive function of the presidency. It is a pity we still can't afford to allot more powers to the president as he has too much of it already- a recipe for disaster in the wrong hands. Moderation of the powers of executive office holders is imperative for stability in the polity, especially in such a country like ours.

Politics is indeed such a dirty business.

6 Likes

Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by nicedas(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2015
sarki saraki, kill them all, baba buhari dey watch, no lele
Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by onosprince(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group by IYANGBALI: 11:58am On Oct 17, 2015
All I know be say one day the postponement go end and he must come and face his trial

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cash And Firearms Recovered From Justice Ademola Tendered In Court / Election Tribunal: How Aides, Lawyers Scammed Atiku – Lauretta Onochie / Electricity Grid Collapses Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.