Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,875 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) (20697 Views)

Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) / It’s Only In Nigeria We Arrest Before We Investigate, Says NBA Secretary / Amosun Appoints Offor Emmanuel Ndimele, Igbo Man As Permanent Secretary In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by dre11(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2015
Femi Makinde

The police at the ‘B’ Division of the Nigeria Police, Ilesa, Osun State on Tuesday, physically assaulted the secretary of the Nigerian Bar Association, Ilesa branch, Mr. Olayinka Sokoya.

Our correspondent gathered on Thursday that the NBA scribe had gone to the police station to secure the release of one of his clients, who was allegedly detained by the police for a traffic offence.

Sokoya, on getting to the police station was said to have told the Divisional Traffic Officer, Joel Bode, that the offence which his client was being detained for was unknown to the law but this was said to have infuriated the police officer.

The insistence of the NBA secretary to see his client was said to have further annoyed the policeman who ordered the lawyer to leave the station. The lawyer was said to have refused to obey the policeman’s order, saying the police station was a public place and the officer had no right to chase him out.

The angry officer allegedly attacked Sokoya and later asked some of his subordinates to bundle him out of the station.

When contacted on the telephone by our correspondent, Sokoya confirmed the assault, saying he was treated in a hospital after the attack.

He said he was beaten and bundled out of the station on the order of the police officer and suffered injuries and also lost his wedding ring during the attack.

He said, “I went to B division of the Nigeria Police Ijamo, Ilesa to bail my client who was accused of committing the offence of hiring a fake driver. The divisional traffic officer, one Joel Bode, said I could not teach him his job when I told him that there was no offence known under our law as offence of hiring a fake driver particularly when the driver has a valid driver’s licence.

“He ordered me to leave his office when I told him I needed to see my client. He became angry and held my neck to the wall. He asked his men including one Corporal Osobu Oluwaseun, to bundle me out of the station like a common criminal and my neck was broken in the process.”

Efforts to find out what happened through the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mrs. Folasade Odoro, proved abortive.

The call put across to the PPRO’s telephone was not picked and the text sent to her had yet to be responded to as of the time of filing this report.

http://punchng.news/2015/10/17/policemen-brutalise-nba-secretary-in-osun/

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 17, 2015
aregbesola just dey brutalize everybody,he claims that nobody has power more than him both spiritually and physically

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
^^^

Did you read the post at all?

Naija police should be scrapped and re-built over again, na nonsense group of people them be.

19 Likes

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by ijustdey: 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
What kind of crime is this

He said, “I went to B division of the Nigeria Police Ijamo, Ilesa to bail my client who was accused of committing the offence of hiring a fake driver.

Police always manufacturing offence

19 Likes

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by Zaikon(m): 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nigeria police asking asking driver to put on inner light at 12pm

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by Zaikon(m): 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nigeria police asking driver to put on inner light at 12pm

1 Like

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
"aregbesola is a product of change, HYPOCRITE".

1 Like

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by omenka(m): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2015
Zaikon:
Nigeria police asking driver to put on inner light at 12pm
There's no such thing as 12pm young man. It is 12noon or 12mid day.

@ post: it is highly regrettable our police who profess to be our friend have all but proven they are one of our greatest adversaries time and again. What manner of offence is that?? Hiring a "fake driver"?? Gosh!! These guys make me sick to my stomach. They should descend on those barbarians with the full force of the law. angry

8 Likes

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by seunmsg(m): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
The police need to learn some decency in the way they relate with people. This brutality should not be allowed in the 21st century Nigeria. The NBA should take up this case and ensure the erring police officers are sanctioned.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by Zaikon(m): 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
omenka:
There's no such thing as 12pm young man. It is 12noon or 12mid day.

@ post: it is highly regrettable our police who profess to be our friend have all but proven they are one of our greatest adversaries time and again. What manner of offence is that?? Hiring a "fake driver"?? Gosh!! These guys make me sick to my stomach. They should descend on those barbarians with the full force of the law. angry
English shisha 12pm denotes noon abeg park well nd try again .

23 Likes

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by omenka(m): 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
Zaikon:
English shisha 12pm denotes noon abeg park well nd try again .
k
Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by damton(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
This is why I'm not disturbed whenever policemen suffer the same fate from the millitary men.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by pretydiva(f): 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
This is man's inhumanity 2 man. The policemen should be sued..

Majority of naija police r illiterates..u can imagine d offence of d guy. Arrested 4 hiring a fake driver cheesy..na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by funshybam(m): 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
Eeyah embarassed
Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by ZYZZA: 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
What more can I say

#IHATEAPC #BROOMWAVINGDEMONDS #IREFUSETOBEAZOMBIE

1 Like

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by ZYZZA: 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
What more can I say

#IHATEAPC #BROOMWAVINGDEMONDS #IREFUSETOBEAZOMBIE
Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by Dklef(m): 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
nice, same way i brutalize mic

.btw,

..iam rapper drizzklef. I'll blow very soon, plz help my carrier!
Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by allanphash7(m): 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
.....Police is your friend and bail is free
Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by newheartub(m): 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
there is difference being stubborn and knowing what u are doing as a lawyer. demand that ur client should be taken to court than to be detent.
But police could hav used a polite way

1 Like

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by newheartub(m): 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
there is difference being stubborn and knowing what u are doing as a lawyer. demand that ur client should be taken to court than to be detent.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by bornmekus: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by emmabest2000(m): 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2015
hopelink1:
aregbesola just dey brutalize everybody,he claims that nobody has power more than him both spiritually and physically
naawaa ooo
Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by ketekete: 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
Law vs Law.. its very sad. If policemen could treat a LAW (Lawyer) this way, imagine how they would have treated a common civilian.. Chai shocked

1 Like

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by FirstCounsel(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
newheartub:
What are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by FirstCounsel(m): 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
Enforcement of Fundamental Human Rights and Claims for damages loading.....

1 Like

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by helphelp: 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
Gbese Re oooo
Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by bonechamberlain(m): 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nigerian police, the most useless police force the world has ever known, this country can never move forward, with institutions like the Nigerian police, in fact nothing can work in this country without first addressing our unity. even buhari knows that.
Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by fredosky111(m): 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2015
newheartub:
Is it forbidden for a lawyer to av access to client ?dat useless police officer will pay heavily for dat
Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by Rainmaker69(m): 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2015
The bad eggs give the NPF a negative image. It's time to overhaul the system.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) by Adonis86(m): 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
He gotta put it to them once he recovers. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Billion: Jonathan, Emefiele, Magu, Others To Be Questioned By Panel. / Abiola: President Buhari Apologizes To Nigerians Over June 12, 1993 Election / Odumakin Will Soon Know He Has No Immunity Like Presidents – Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.