Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,092 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

"How I Had Sex With My 27 Wives" - Music Icon FELA In Authorized Biography - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "How I Had Sex With My 27 Wives" - Music Icon FELA In Authorized Biography (798 Views)

2015: Tinubu Wanted To Be VP, Opposed Osinbajo As VP - Buhari's Authorized Bio / How I Had Sex With My 27 Wives’ – Late Afrobeat Legend, FELA / Photo Of Fela In Bandages After Severe Beating By Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How I Had Sex With My 27 Wives" - Music Icon FELA In Authorized Biography by TitiJJ: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
By JUMI RHODES

Afrobeat legend Fela Anikulapo-Kuti will forever be remembered as one of the greatest musicians of this generation. He was many things rolled into one. More known for his activism, he was also a ladies' man. In the authorized biography 'Fela: This Bitch of a Life!' by Carlos Moore, the Cuban writer, researcher, and social scientist reveals the legend's complex personality and his tumultuous existence.

In the 23-chapter biography, Fela bared it all and interestingly, he spoke about what attracted him to his 27 wives. In his words, Fela said, " What attracted me to each of them? Sex! I thought they were sexy and fuckable. That’s what attracts me to a woman first. Some came to my house on their own. Others, I had come. Why? ‘Cause I wanted to Bleep them. That was all. I wanted a house where I could be fucking and I had it. It grew into something else after though. Something special. But it started just with sex. The desire to Bleep. Man, the one most important thing in the human being is that life-giving and pleasurable sensation: sexual orgasm. And that’s what’s being condemned the most. Yeah. Somebody was asking me, trying to put down my ideas, if I thought sex was politics.

“No, I don’t,” I said. “Sex is life.” That’s what I believe. Me, I Bleep as often and as long as I can-o! Now, it’s not even a matter of choice. When I married twenty-seven women I knew what I was doing-o! Did I sleep with all of them on the night of the marriage? No. Man, I said I married twenty-seven, not seven! I only slept with one. The one next in turn. I followed my normal procedure. You see, before I married them I’d told them: “Look, when I marry you, I’m gonna do the same thing I was doing before with you. It’s gonna be the same house, the same thing, but just that we’re married.”

Fela adds that, "Having sex must be a proud and joyful thing. People should be proud to say: “Last night I had a fantastic Bleep!” Not a thing to whisper: “I’m having sex-o, but I’m sad.” Sex is clean. But by bringing human laws into it, it’s made “dirty”. Sex is life-giving. Sex is joy! Pleasure! Happiness! To Bleep! That’s one of the most important things in life, man."

The authorized biography also has interviews of Fela's wives listed in order of seniority: Remi 1961, Naa Lamiley 1971, Aduni 1971, Kevwe 1972, Funmilayo 1972, Alake 1973, Adejonwo 1974 , Najite 1974, Adeola 1974, Kikelomo 1974, Ihase 1975, Omowunmi 1975, Omolara 1976, Fehintola 1976, Sewaa 1977.

DawnToDuskNews Editor's Note: Moore, Carlos (2011-08-01). Fela: This Bitch of A Life is available on Amazon.com

http://dawntodusknews.com/how-i-had-sex-with-my-27-wives-music-icon-fela-in-authorized-biography/

Re: "How I Had Sex With My 27 Wives" - Music Icon FELA In Authorized Biography by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
Yoruba prick, we lead others follow.
Re: "How I Had Sex With My 27 Wives" - Music Icon FELA In Authorized Biography by Ahmed0336(m): 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
IyaIode:
Yoruba prick, we lead others follow.
okay, clap for yourself, sad
Re: "How I Had Sex With My 27 Wives" - Music Icon FELA In Authorized Biography by KnowAll(m): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2015
And one d 27 wives was screw someone else outside who in turn brought d dreaded aids virus into d anikulapo house hold. I believe we all know d consequence of that dreaded liase.
Re: "How I Had Sex With My 27 Wives" - Music Icon FELA In Authorized Biography by Oladimejjy(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
27 wives
Now I know what killed him early..
Re: "How I Had Sex With My 27 Wives" - Music Icon FELA In Authorized Biography by DaBullIT(m): 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
Some people will still run their mouths illegally

(1) (Reply)

International Society For Civil Liberties Urges FG To Free Director Of Radio Bia / The Igbo Conscience Leader Have Spoken / Obi: How Obiano Mismanaged My N75bn Savings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.