Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Asset Declaration: Saraki Knows Fate October 19 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asset Declaration: Saraki Knows Fate October 19 (425 Views)

Asset Declaration: Saraki Ends Historic 14-day Cross-examination Of Witness / False Assets Declaration: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With Just 4 Senators / #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asset Declaration: Saraki Knows Fate October 19 by ahmedkoded95(m): 9:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
The Court of Appeal, Abuja division will on
October 19 deliver judgment in an appeal
brought against the federal government by
the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki,
challenging the legality of his trial at the
Code of Conduct Tribunal over alleged false
assets declaration.

The appellate court fixed the date yesterday
after taking final brief of arguments from
counsels to parties in the suit.
Justice Moore Adumein , who led two other
justices to hear the case announced that the
verdict would be handed down by 2pm.
Former President of the Nigerian Bar
Association (NBA) Mr. Joseph Daudu led
five other Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN)
comprising Malam Yusuf Ali, Mr. Ahmed
Raji, Adebayo Adelodun, Mahmud Magaji
and Kayode Eleja to argue the case for the
senate President.

In his argument, Daudu raised five major
issues for the court to determine the legality
of trial of Senator Saraki at the code of
conduct tribunal. Among others, the
appellant counsel argued that the code of
conduct tribunal erred in law by proceeding
with the trial with two members instead of
mandatory three as provided by the
constitution.

He informed the court that composition of
the tribunal during the trial of Saraki
violated paragraphs 15(1) of the 1999
constitution by seating with two members
instead of three and asked the court to
nullify the CCT proceedings of last month
due to lack of quorum.

The appellant counsel disagreed with the
arguments of the federal government
counsel Mr. Rotimi Jacobs SAN that the
Interpretation Act can be used to resolve the
constitutional logjam since the constitution
was silent on the quorum for the tribunal
membership.

Daudu insisted that the Interpretation Act
cannot override the constitution been the
supreme law and the Act being inferior to
the constitution.

“To ask that the Act of Interpretation be
used to override constitutional provision is
wrong and unheard off. That itself will
amount to product of mis-interpretation
because constitution is the supreme law
and not an Act”.

Source: www.leadership.ng/news/467669/asset-declaration-saraki-knows-fate-october-19
Re: Asset Declaration: Saraki Knows Fate October 19 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
I am proudly omo odua from osun but I am presently living in the north, An average Igbo being is arrogant, full of empty pride and ego but as a psychologist I understand and live with them but respond with fire when they cross my red line. to be honest the eze ndi-igbo messed up in akure incidence instead of him to respect the oba and lay low for a while and pull strings while at it, he decided to turn the deji of akure's levity to stupidity and the youths decided to protect their culture/heritage their tradition but instead of e-igbo warriors to correct their brothers they seem to have deliberately, blindly toed the eze's path. The fact that you spit on a Yoruba man 7 times and he did not react does not mean he is weak, we are peace loving people but I can promise you one thing fear is not in our dictionary but my Igbo brothers will see every calm reaction as trait of weakness that's a wrong notion. secondly the Igbo community pounced so hard on oba akiolu during the last election I keenly followed and even apologised on behalf of the oba, its not cause we are weak it cause we are peaceful in nature need I remind you no Yoruba man living and working in Onitsha will insult the obi of Onitsha and go scot free but you Igbos have such leverage why try to use is against us in Yoruba land?? now the akure youths having observed you people are rude kids that needs to be flogged to their right senses you Igbos now play victims, please to avoid another flogging... respect the Yoruba culture, obas and laws then you will have nothing to worry about, cause now the igbos are painting a bad picture of them on Yoruba minds. don't let other Yoruba's react ohh. just an advice. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Asset Declaration: Saraki Knows Fate October 19 by Yellowson(m): 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
HMM saraki na wash
Re: Asset Declaration: Saraki Knows Fate October 19 by mannobi(m): 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
Jail term :::::::::::::::::::::72% loading for saraki

(1) (Reply)

Education Is Not The Solution To The Problem Of The Murderous Herdsmen.-FKK / Wike Will Not Win In Any Abuja Court Cos Buhari Bought All For Apc / VP Prof Osinbajo Meets With Canadian Delegates At The Presidential Villa -Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.