Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Poem: Take A Break And Order For A Cake. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem: Take A Break And Order For A Cake. (677 Views)

Remembering A Break Up-a Short Story By Avatarmode / A Break Up Letter / Can I Take A Break From Being A Grown Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem: Take A Break And Order For A Cake. by darkiechildz(m): 11:41am On Oct 18, 2015
Take a break and order for a cake
Before you take a bite, consider how it was made
How much of attention and patience that was paid
Like a quick Jackie Chan move that you missed ,pushed the rewind button, pause and replay

Like the scattered bones in the valley of Ezekiel
Disjointed, dry and lifeless, oblivion of where they dwell
So are the ingredients of a cake in the bakery of the baker
Its like munches of clay in the house of a potter

Until we start mixing and stirring them together
They remain alone with their fine names; flour,butter and vanilla
Would you be happy if your neck is the length of your leg?
So is the careful baker who will ensure to measure a perfect amount of ingredients that will suit your pleasure
I don't know if the bones of Ezekiel became human in 10 minutes
But the cake of smiles' homemade takes more than 100 minutes
I could feel the pride of the white flour saying 'dont mix me with that dirty red vanilla'
The conservative butter uttered ' dont mix me up with that sand of sugar
I just want to remain slim and curvy and besides i am watching my weight 'don't bring baking powder close to me' Icing sugar

Funny how they expect to become a fine cake with their identity intact
But you see, the baker don't care
This seems to be the hardest part; the oven
Where they will all pass through the fire that will unite them into one whole body of a yummy dough

Lessons
1. Respect a baker
2. Sorry, I meant respect your maker
3. You are so ugly until you blend with others
4. Speed doesn't make you, time does. Give it time
5. Denomination separate us, Grace integrates us

Written by:. Olayinka Ojo

Cc: lalastica
Re: Poem: Take A Break And Order For A Cake. by fuckshit: 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
fυςking awesome; a fυςking good write up grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Most Wrongly Used Word / If Our 2015 Lives Are Nominated For An Award, Will Yours Win? Answer / My Epistle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.