Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

How Low Can Nigeria Go? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Low Can Nigeria Go? (1091 Views)

PHOTOS: How Low Can You Go Down For The Queen? / Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? / Photo Evidence Of How Low Our Army Has Sank Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Low Can Nigeria Go? by vanunu: 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
The arrest of Nnamdi kanu has once again proved that Nigeria is not only a third world country, but also a big primitive society.
The agitation for the independent of Biafra did not start today and is not new to the world. In 1966 the Hausa/fulani killed almost all the Igbos living in northern Nigeria, the death toll from the first specially organized massacre was about 2,000. Following the killings, Igbos living in the North came back to eastern Nigeria, Gowon who was the head of state of Nigeria at that time, begged the Igbos to come back to northern assuring them of security, many Igbos returned to northern Nigeria without knowing that the north has big plans for them. between May 1966-July 1966, about sixty thousand Igbos were again massacred by the Northerners and the then Nigerian state led by Yakubu Gowon. Till today they have not offered any apology, neither have they explained why they killed such a large number of innocent Igbos (mainly woman and children)

Following the senseless killings of the Igbos in northern Nigeria, the Igbos came back to their region and due to irreconcilable differences with the Nigerian state, formed their own country, which they called Biafra. Gowon the head of the Nigerian junta, in collaboration with the British waged war against the Igbo people, killing about 3 million Igbos in their homeland.

We are all witnesses of recent agitations for self-determination from Quebec, Scotland, and Catalonia, we have not head of the arrest of the leaders of these various indigenous people. This recent arrest, has once again proved that the Nigerian state is in it's primitive form, and has no respect for international laws or the right of indigenous people.

1 Like

Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Scotland, catalunya and co. Didn't open a Radio Station to start dissing and threatening The FG, They didn't pile up weapons, They didn't go to south africa to purchase arms,They didn't hold Illegal conventions all their fight has been done legally.. I don't bloody cary if Biafra seperates from Nigeria,but they must throw away that Civil war mentality of gra gra,it wud never work the FG wud always have a reason to crush them... Moreover u said Northerners shud apologize,no they can't, no we won't and no we aint cowards...When Major Kaduna chukwuma nzego and his cliques cut short the lives of our leaders who spoke? As I remember Nnamdi azikiwa and Aguiyi Ironso were spared where they from the north? No indeed.. Everything that happened was the spoils of way or better still collateral damage..

4 Likes

Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by DaBullIT(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
You have said it finish grin grin

Justdulla:
Scotland, catalunya and co. Didn't open a Radio Station to start dissing and threatening The FG, They didn't pile up weapons, They didn't go to south africa to purchase arms,They didn't hold Illegal conventions all their fight has been done legally.. I don't bloody cary if Biafra seperates from Nigeria,but they must throw away that Civil war mentality of gra gra,it wud never work the FG wud always have a reason to crush them... Moreover u said Northerners shud apologize,no they can't, no we won't and no we aint cowards...When Major Kaduna chukwuma nzego and his cliques cut short the lives of our leaders who spoke? As I remember Nnamdi azikiwa and Aguiyi Ironso were spared where they from the north? No indeed.. Everything that happened was the spoils of way or better still collateral damage..

We asked them to follow due process

3 Likes

Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by cosby02(m): 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
I dont think he was arrested for his agitations. He was arrested for his hate speeches and all sorts. Meanwhile, if am to answer the question you asked, i think Nigeria is going million miles astray.
Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by Luckymay(f): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
If surely this Biafran dream is to be actualize, then due process must be followed and not some lunatic coming from nowhere to preach violence in the name of patriotism. Nnamdi Kanu should be arrested and justice done if found guilty. I hate wars. The thought of it gives me Nightmares. We already have bokoharam terrorists to worry about. I pray God should open the heart of my Igbo brothers to understand that the sound of bitter kola does not detect its test. This country can not survive another civil unrest.
Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by ArodeTsolaye: 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
Luckymay:
If surely this Biafran dream is to be actualize, then due process must be followed and not some lunatic coming from nowhere to preach violence in the name of patriotism. Nnamdi Kanu should be arrested and justice done if found guilty. I hate wars. The thought of it gives me Nightmares. We already have bokoharam terrorists to worry about. I pray God should open the heart of my Igbo brothers to understand that the sound of bitter kola does not detect its test. This country can not survive another civil unrest.

It is because it will not survive that the 'war' has to happen if Biafrans are not allowed to freely choose whom they want to live with. Biafrans want peace, Islamic nigeria threatens war. No country have ever survived 2 wars, so historically speaking, War will restore Biafra faster than even planned. Everyone will die someday. The future of the 'geographical expression' is very pregnant and will be interesting. grin
Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by MrMbaM: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

It is because it will not survive that the 'war' has to happen if Biafrans are not allowed to freely choose whom they want to live with. Biafrans want peace, Islamic nigeria threatens war. No country have ever survived 2 wars, so historically speaking, War will restore Biafra faster than even planned. Everyone will die someday. The future of the 'geographical expression' is very pregnant and will be interesting. grin

Collins, pick up arms and stop spewing trash. Una dilector dey dss office, you are here splashing spit. Ma so the guy go die there and una go change story again. Bunch of internet rascals and jobless animals
Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by Luckymay(f): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

i see from ur perspective and i understand, but war is war, it dosnt leave happy ending, though the aim of war might be achieved but wat about the adverse effects on economy, human race and all?.
Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by pheliciti: 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
All of these people agitating for Biafra, please just put a coherent plan in place and it should address the following:
1. How many Igbos do you represent
2. Is this clamour popular among Igbos the world over
3. What happens to the Igbos in places like Lagos with thriving businesses....should they abandon their homes and resettle in your newly proclaimed Biafra? Or wouldn't they need visas to stay in Lagos or would they have dual citizenship I. E. Eat their cake and still have it?
4. How do you address even the internal wranglings among Igbos in several states in the South East. Case in point is Abia sending away indigenes of other South East States to make way for its own indigenes....or is Biafra going to break down further to accommodate these differences?
These are just a few questions to determine if you have thought through this senseless clamour.
Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
vanunu:
The arrest of Nnamdi kanu has once again proved that Nigeria is not only a third world country, but also a big primitive society.
The agitation for the independent of Biafra did not start today and is not new to the world. In 1966 the Hausa/fulani killed almost all the Igbos living in northern Nigeria, the death toll from the first specially organized massacre was about 2,000. Following the killings, Igbos living in the North came back to eastern Nigeria, Gowon who was the head of state of Nigeria at that time, begged the Igbos to come back to northern assuring them of security, many Igbos returned to northern Nigeria without knowing that the north has big plans for them. between May 1966-July 1966, about sixty thousand Igbos were again massacred by the Northerners and the then Nigerian state led by Yakubu Gowon. Till today they have not offered any apology, neither have they explained why they killed such a large number of innocent Igbos (mainly woman and children)

Following the senseless killings of the Igbos in northern Nigeria, the Igbos came back to their region and due to irreconcilable differences with the Nigerian state, formed their own country, which they called Biafra. Gowon the head of the Nigerian junta, in collaboration with the British waged war against the Igbo people, killing about 3 million Igbos in their homeland.

We are all witnesses of recent agitations for self-determination from Quebec, Scotland, and Catalonia, we have not head of the arrest of the leaders of these various indigenous people. This recent arrest, has once again proved that the Nigerian state is in it's primitive form, and has no respect for international laws or the right of indigenous people.

So Quebec and Scottish leaders were inciting hate and asking for violent dismemberment of Canada and the U.K?
Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by ArodeTsolaye: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
MrMbaM:

[s] Collins, pick up arms and stop spewing trash. Una dilector dey dss office, you are here splashing spit. Ma so the guy go die there and una go change story again. Bunch of internet rascals and jobless animals[/s]

Who is this imaginary collins? are you a homo? lol
Calm down and stop bathing us with smelly spit, the future is pregnant and times are interesting.

Did you finally kill an Igbo today like you promised the other day? If you've not then i reserve the right to call you a bastard product of inc.est. grin
Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by MrMbaM: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
[s]
ArodeTsolaye:

Who is this imaginary collins? are you a homo? lol
Calm down and stop bathing us with smelly spit, the future is pregnant and times are interesting.

Did you finally kill an Igbo today like you promised the other day? If you've not then i reserve the right to call you a bastard product of inc.est. grin
[/s]

Amadi, you are the true b.astard. Kindly show me where I promise to kill a cursed fla.thead animal. If you dont, then you will die a miserable death. Your Igwe was flogged mercilessly, and nothing happened. I thought you ediots promised to bomb the zoo if anything happen to your demi albino god, you all are animals and coward. No one take you serious cos of chest beating, 5th class citizen of Nigeria. Buhahahaha.
Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by kingzizzy: 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
cosby02:
I dont think he was arrested for his agitations. He was arrested for his hate speeches and all sorts. Meanwhile, if am to answer the question you asked, i think Nigeria is going million miles astray.

This may shock you but making hate speeches is not a crime unless it is a direct incitement to commit a crime and it was carried out. Let me give you an example of what I mean. Gangster Rap musicians regularly incite people on their CD's to reject authority, to commit crime, to do drugs, to kill people and to reject politicians. Yet we actually buy these "hate speeches" and dance to them. I've never heard of anybody charged to court for making "hate speeches". We are guaranteed freedom of speech no matter how unpleasant it maybe
Re: How Low Can Nigeria Go? by cosby02(m): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
kingzizzy:

This may shock you but making hate speeches is not a crime unless it is a direct incitement to commit a crime and it was carried out. Let me give you an example of what I mean. Gangster Rap musicians regularly incite people on their CD's to reject authority, to commit crime, to do drugs, to kill people and to reject politicians. Yet we actually buy these "hate speeches" and dance to them. I've never heard of anybody charged to court for making "hate speeches". We are guaranteed freedom of speech no matter how unpleasant it maybe
Freedom of speech is quaranteed but i want to remind you of slander, libel and defamation, even treason. All these are there to curb your urtrances. All the rights in the Constitution are never an outright one. Its given with a hand and taken back with another.

(1) (Reply)

If You Are 45 And Below Please Answer This Question (photo) / Northern Youths Tells Igbos, Yorubas And South South To Leave North / Why Are The Conveners Of Save Nigeria Group (SNG) Silent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.