Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,829 members, 7,837,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III (967 Views)

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom / Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace II / Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by BushidoBlue(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
The recent support for violence coming from the very same people who ought to speak up for the advancement of civilisation has taken a troubling dimension.
Different calls for a court case due to the violation of the human rights of Nigerian on Nigerian soil by a monarchy are being heard from different quarters.

To think that in the 21st Century, the rights of a fellow Nigerian and dignity to his person can be dismissed because he is a non indigene who went foul of the tradition or customs is worrying.

The narrative as regards the violation of the Eze Ndi Igbo in Akure has been constantly changing.
Is he being accused of wearing ceremonial regalia into the palace of the Deji of Akure?
Is his sin the alleged phone calls being made during a conversation with the paramount ruler which is a laughable accusation as no one in his right senses can attempt such an act of gross disrespect, either in his own home with guests or in a friends abode, not to mention a palace.
The matter is not being helped with so much speculation and side talk and derailments, all pointing to the gloating and gleeful euphoria that the act of violence seems to solicit from the supporters of the act even here on Nairaland.
Caution thrown to the wind, Nigerians forget what makes us one and begin to castigate and throw blames.
Suggestively, a proper investigation into the whole incident is needed to diffuse the tension generated by this unfortunate occurrence.

For those supporting this act of violence, imagine the tables turned and a community leader from your ethnicity is treated with such disrespect, I doubt the reaction would be a laugh and a slap on the back.

Violence only breeds more violence as such the best way to resolve conflicts is to nip them in the bud before they degenerate into an inferno.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by jomoh: 6:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Anoda igbo man trying 2 justify d rascality of an illegal eze ndigbo.

U should try & disrespect a northern emir lets see wat happens. While at dat u should go thru d history of hausa & fulani if their leadership has eva had issues wit a traditional ruler of dia host community.

The s.south people dont have this issues neither do d middle belt people, d ighala, d idomas, d tivs. Why only u in lagos, only u in akure, only u in south africa(calling them lazy) and yet your're d quickest 2 call d fulanis criminals because of d action of dia subjects which dia leadership does not approve of but condemn d reaction of d host against d flagrant disrespect of a tradional ruler by ur leadership.

The yoruba culture is d same from lagos 2 akure. Maybe it is time 4 some introspection instead of d "me against d world" attitude.

FYI in d days of Alafin of OYOs dat concuered d whole southwest up 2 some parts in togo, d punishment 4 such was beheading. Dat is our culture. U dont like it. Get the fvck out of SW.

7 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by BushidoBlue(m): 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
jomoh:
Another igbo man trying to justify the rascality of an illegal eze ndigbo.

You should try and disrespect a northern emir and lets see what happens.

i

Or you should try self respect. It works wonders man...seriously.. try some tonight. might just change your life for good.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by jomoh: 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
BushidoBlue:

Or you should try self respect. It works wonders man...seriously.. try some tonight. might just change your life for good.

Self respect in my house? My domain? My community? My culture?

Boy! You people are full of wonders.

The same thing you did to the hausas in pre 1966 that led to the 3million man sacrifice to amadioha.

Continue.

5 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by xtervaganza(m): 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
Una never see anything

We will even flog you out of Igbo land

3 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by MrMbaM: 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
They should be flogged again and again, yeebhoes are animals that need serious flogging.

3 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by BushidoBlue(m): 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
jomoh:

Self respect in my house? My domain? My community? My culture?

Boy! You people are full of wonders.

The same thing you did to the hausas in pre 1966 that led to the 3million man sacrifice to amadioha.

Continue.

Yet when u see soldiers you will be the boy, boy.
Like I said earlier, self respect. It's something humans thrive on.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by BushidoBlue(m): 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
xtervaganza:
Una never see anything

We will even flog you out of Igbo land
While you haven't finished answering questions in "your land".
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by BushidoBlue(m): 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
MrMbaM:
They should be flogged again and again, yeebhoes are animals that need serious flogging.

Yeeeeehhhhhh you have flogged me!?!! Yeeeeehhhhhh !!!!
Oga abeg abeg....
Hahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!

Deal with your insane urge to be violent.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by BushidoBlue(m): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
MrMbaM:

My mother is insane

Good you know I was insane before coming up with this reply.
Please give me directions to Yaba left.

2 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by MrMbaM: 4:12am On Oct 21, 2015
BushidoBlue:
My cursed mother is insane

May she die a miserable death. So shall it be.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by jomoh: 11:41am On Oct 23, 2015
BushidoBlue:

Yet when u see soldiers you will be the boy, boy.
Like I said earlier, self respect. It's something humans thrive on.

Wetin dis one dey talk?

Wetin concern soldiers with culture.

BTW we settle disputes like intelligent gentlemen, like human being is supposed to as against animals not with the barrel of gun cos we value life so much. Only an unintelligent man will draw his fist where his tongue could have been more useful. That is what differentiates us from animals that fight at every instance of dispute.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by wirinet(m): 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
BushidoBlue:
The recent support for violence coming from the very same people who ought to speak up for the advancement of civilisation has taken a troubling dimension.
Different calls for a court case due to the violation of the human rights of Nigerian on Nigerian soil by a monarchy are being heard from different quarters.

To think that in the 21st Century, the rights of a fellow Nigerian and dignity to his person can be dismissed because he is a non indigene who went foul of the tradition or customs is worrying.

The narrative as regards the violation of the Eze Ndi Igbo in Akure has been constantly changing.
Is he being accused of wearing ceremonial regalia into the palace of the Deji of Akure?
Is his sin the alleged phone calls being made during a conversation with the paramount ruler which is a laughable accusation as no one in his right senses can attempt such an act of gross disrespect, either in his own home with guests or in a friends abode, not to mention a palace.
The matter is not being helped with so much speculation and side talk and derailments, all pointing to the gloating and gleeful euphoria that the act of violence seems to solicit from the supporters of the act even here on Nairaland.
Caution thrown to the wind, Nigerians forget what makes us one and begin to castigate and throw blames.
Suggestively, a proper investigation into the whole incident is needed to diffuse the tension generated by this unfortunate occurrence.

For those supporting this act of violence, imagine the tables turned and a community leader from your ethnicity is treated with such disrespect, I doubt the reaction would be a laugh and a slap on the back.

Violence only breeds more violence as such the best way to resolve conflicts is to nip them in the bud before they degenerate into an inferno.

Do not try to justify what is wrong. The post of EZE-INDIGBO is a misnomer, there cannot be two Kings in a territory (a king for the indigenes and one king for Igbos). The Igbos can have representatives that protect their interests in diaspora, but having kings complete with crowns and palaces is unacceptable.

Even Jesus was persecuted and killed because he was accused of claiming to be the King of the Jews when there was an existing king.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III by omoelesa(m): 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
Oga, u speak too much grammar,eze ndigbo has being flogged and also removed.pls next

(1) (Reply)

House C’ttee List: We’re Still In Shock — Gbajabiamila Loyalists / What Will Be The Role Of Mama Taraba Husband? / Worried About Nigeria's Dwindling Influence Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.