Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,304 members, 7,846,353 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted (1976 Views)

"Buhari May Cause Nigeria’s Breakup" – Frederick Fasehun / Buhari May Stand Alone In 2019 ----buba Galadima / 7 Ministers Buhari May Sack Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Ricovendetta(m): 12:46am On Oct 19, 2015
First and foremost am Igbo 'Yes' but this writeup is neither to promote nor chastise the IPOB (Indigenous People Of Biafra) or the FG. But rather to further gain enlightenment from your objective reviews because the issue interests me.

So recently Mr nnamdi kalu leader of the IPOB was arrested and detained by DSS operatives. A moved nigerians have long expected. We all know he's been making a lot of noise lately which the FG has viewed as rather provocative.

Now if this arrest has no reasonable legal grounds for justification it could spark up controversies similar to the reactions that trailed the jamming of radio biafra's frequency, only that this time it might actually give the detainee and his group a genuine reason to push further with their secessionist plot and probably give them the global attention and assistance they've persistently seeked and you can trust the media would take advantage and blow it all out of proportion which will further publicize the struggle.

Nigeria doesnt run a dictatorship system where such arrest could be justified. Democracy thrives on due process and ideally shouldn't be characterized by such unprecedented actions. But this is Nigeria and our leaders will always find a way to bend the laws and cut corners to suite their interest. However the global resultance of this political or rather unconstitutional maneuvers seems to have escaped the minds some people.

The world has evolved such that the media has succeeded in making it impossible for the world to not interfere in another countries internal affairs.
it only takes but a click for an incident to go viral and become an issue for global delibration. Information now seems boundless, news like smoke cant be hidden anymore, freedom of all sorts and protection of human rights are volatile topics which do not only promote activism but also has a high propensity to gain free pubicity rapidly especially when abused & violated.

One thing is certain, surely this arrest will have consequences in future and the ability to justify it will determine the severity of the consequences.

Now am a bit curious as to how this arrest could be justified from a legal perspective without amounting to a case of abuse of fundamental rights and also an enlightenment on the possible implications would be immensly appreciated.

Thanks.
God bless Nigeria
God bless IPOB

4 Likes

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 19, 2015
i doubt that APC fans wont insult you and remind you of how buhari's body magic will bend the rules and make nigeria a dictatodemocracy practicing country...............

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Ricovendetta(m): 12:53am On Oct 19, 2015
iamkeyz:
i doubt that APC fans wont insult you and remind you of how buhari's body magic will bend the rules and make nigeria a dictatodemocracy practicing country...............

cheesy I guess I should brace for impact then.
Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by marv1: 12:56am On Oct 19, 2015
Story to the gods. Let him go to court. Next pls.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Ballmer: 12:58am On Oct 19, 2015
OP wake up. It's time to start making use of your brain, stop sleeping on it.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by ba7man(m): 12:59am On Oct 19, 2015
Crap.......... Nnamdi Kanu was making threats and instructing his followers to stock pile arms.

Now's the time to put his money where his mouth is.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Tallesty1(m): 1:24am On Oct 19, 2015
ba7man:
Crap.......... Nnamdi Kanu was making threats and instructing his followers to stock pile arms.

Buhari made worse threats before he became president.

How About This?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by gbosky22(m): 1:48am On Oct 19, 2015
Heard of the word treason before?you just dey talk without facts choi,what happened to IQ

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by olumide81(m): 4:30am On Oct 19, 2015
He should go and ask Charles Okah, goverment is an entity that can only be fought intelectualy as against the 'noise making' of nnamdi kanu, by now you should know that some quarters in govt attributed the last bomb blast in abuja to biafra wailers.......i dey laugh o.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Ricovendetta(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2015
Ballmer:
OP wake up. It's time to start making use of your brain, stop sleeping on it.

Well since you seem to be the making you of your brain, you should create an awareness of happenings am unaware about afterall I dont have a monopoly of knowledge. besides it was clearly stated this post was me seeking for enlightenment. So your review is still very much needed thank u.
Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Ricovendetta(m): 7:33am On Oct 19, 2015
ba7man:

This is actually incriminating, but for validity sake i would love to know the source so I can read up if you dont mind. Thank u.
Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Lanretoye(m): 7:36am On Oct 19, 2015
I smell charges of treasonable felony.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by ba7man(m): 7:39am On Oct 19, 2015
Ricovendetta:

This is actually incriminating, For validity sake i would love to know the source so I can read up if you dont mind. Thank u.
There are lots of past threads here on Nairaland containing news on how he insults and encourages his listeners to take up arms against Nigerian Authorities, Hausa and Yorubas....... it's common knowledge if you're regular in this section.

Don't have any source in hand right now but no regular visitor here will disclaim it. That dude has really been on a long leash for a while now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 19, 2015
I support biafra but

Calls for arms and precursors to genocide. Remember Rwanda? When a tribe was called cockroaches on radio and it lead to mass killing and genocide.

The guys call for arms stockpiling and killing if Nigerian that he called zoo and animals is felony against the FGN

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Ricovendetta(m): 7:45am On Oct 19, 2015
Lanretoye:
I smell charges of treasonable felony.

You are making sense bro. but I still feel like it might not be that simplicit.
Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Ricovendetta(m): 7:50am On Oct 19, 2015
ba7man:
There are lots of past threads here on Nairaland containing news on how he insults and encourages his listeners to take up arms against Nigerian Authorities, Hausa and Yorubas....... it's common knowledge if you're regular in this section.

Don't have any source in hand right now but no regular visitor here will disclaim it. That dude has really been on a long leash for a while now.

Ok. On the insult allegation I agree with you I've witnessed the use of curse words by him on radio several times. I'll go do my homework. Thanks for the insight

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by ba7man(m): 7:55am On Oct 19, 2015
Ricovendetta:

Ok. On the insult allegation I agree with you I've witnessed the use of curse words by him on radio several times. I'll go do my homework. Thanks for the insight
No probs bro..... cheers.
Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Ayo8(m): 8:03am On Oct 19, 2015
ba7man:

His arrest came too late, I wish obj was president...he's very experienced in handling cases like this without delays...

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by aresa: 8:04am On Oct 19, 2015
Ricovendetta:

God bless Nigeria
God bless IPOB

How do you rationalize both?

You can not have it both ways and trying to do just that betrayed your half baked and thoughtless essay

It doesn't matter what you people do because some violence inciting and overthrow promoting prostitutes loving clown was arrested.

Only irresponsible governments look the other way and allow such breech slide unchallenged and neutralized.

If you like, carry gun or cutlass, it makes no difference, The Nigerian government is still responsible for the safety of the people of Nigeria so that clown is not above the laws of Nigeria..
Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by ba7man(m): 8:12am On Oct 19, 2015
Tallesty1:
Buhari made worse threats before he became president.

How About This?
"The dog and baboon will be soaked in blood"........ I'm sure that's what you're referring to.

A veiled threat made in anger is quite subtle......................... compared to opening a radio station to openly threaten, encourage lawless violence and incite millions to kill on your command.
Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by DaBullIT(m): 8:22am On Oct 19, 2015
DSS and the Nigerian constitution makes a special no trial reservation for a terrorist, intented terrorist, whoever plans to arm , carry out , or incite people to cause harm to a sovereign state

This is right , Suspected terrorists in Guatanamo Bay

They have one in Israel too , Russia , UK

Any terrorist or intending terrorist will be detained indefinitely pending investigation so do not expect Kalu soon
Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by QuotaSystem: 8:38am On Oct 19, 2015
The answer to your question is treason.

He was arrested for acts of TREASON as specified in the Criminal Code Act 1990 (subsections 41c and 42) so the arrest is completely valid.

He is also liable to a minimum of life imprisonment if found guilty. Buhari was never outsmarted.

Ricovendetta:
First and foremost am Igbo 'Yes' but this writeup is neither to promote nor chastise the IPOB (Indigenous People Of Biafra) or the FG. But rather to further gain enlightenment from your objective reviews because the issue interests me.
So recently Mr nnamdi kalu leader of the IPOB was arrested and detained by DSS operatives. A moved nigerians have long expected. We all know he's been making a lot of noise lately which the FG has viewed as rather provocative.
Now if this arrest has no reasonable legal grounds for justification it could spark up controversies similar to the reactions that trailed the jamming of radio biafra's frequency, only that this time it might actually give the detainee and his group a genuine reason to push further with their secessionist plot and probably give them the global attention and assistance they've persistently seeked and you can trust the media would take advantage and blow it all out of proportion which will further publicize the struggle.
Nigeria doesnt run a dictatorship system where such arrest could be justified. Democracy thrives on due process and ideally shouldn't be characterized by such unprecedented actions. But this is Nigeria and our leaders will always find a way to bend the laws and cut corners to suite their interest. However the global resultance of this political or rather unconstitutional maneuvers seems to have escaped the minds some people.
The world has evolved such that the media has succeeded in making it impossible for the world to not interfere in another countries internal affairs.
it only takes but a click for an incident to go viral and become an issue for global delibration. Information now seems boundless, news like smoke cant be hidden anymore, freedom of all sorts and protection of human rights are volatile topics which do not only promote activism but also has a high propensity to gain free pubicity rapidly especially when abused & violated.
One thing is certain, surely this arrest will have consequences in future and the ability to justify it will determine the severity of the consequences.
Now am a bit curious as to how this arrest could be justified from a legal perspective without amounting to a case of abuse of fundamental rights and also an enlightenment on the possible implications would be immensly appreciated.
Thanks.
God bless Nigeria
God bless IPOB

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Observant: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2015
ba7man:

Na wa o, That guy never called for anyone to take up arms to kill Yoruba and Hausa....chai make Una dey fear God Na.

He only said this followers needed arms to protect themself when they are attacked unlawfullly attack by police or other Nigeria forces.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by ba7man(m): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2015
Observant:

Na wa o, That guy never called for anyone to take up arms to kill Yoruba and Hausa....chai make Una dey fear God Na.

He only said this followers needed arms to protect themself when they are attacked unlawfullly attack by police or other Nigeria forces.
If thats what he truly said, do you think anyone will bother about him?

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Ricovendetta(m): 10:21am On Oct 21, 2015
QuotaSystem:
The answer to your question is treason.

He was arrested for acts of TREASON as specified in the Criminal Code Act 1990 (subsections 41c and 42) so the arrest is completely valid.

He is also liable to a minimum of life imprisonment if found guilty. Buhari was never outsmarted.

Succinctly stated. Thanks brother you've given me answers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Ricovendetta(m): 10:37am On Oct 21, 2015
aresa:

How do you rationalize both?

You can not have it both ways and trying to do just that betrayed your half baked and thoughtless essay

It doesn't matter what you people do because some violence inciting and overthrow promoting prostitutes loving clown was arrested.

Only irresponsible governments look the other way and allow such breech slide unchallenged and neutralized.

If you like, carry gun or cutlass, it makes no difference, The Nigerian government is still responsible for the safety of the people of Nigeria so that clown is not above the laws of Nigeria..

Am Igbo by nature but Nigerian by colonial subjugation.
The latter was Gods plan while the former Gods will

This is how I rationalize both.

Oh! and by the way your opinion is immensely appreciated.
Re: Buhari May Have Been Outsmarted by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 21, 2015
[s]
Ricovendetta:

Thanks.
God bless Nigeria
God bless IPOB
[/s]

Nonsense

(1) (Reply)

This Guy Just Won 9million On Surebet274 / Is Nigeria Really A Lawless Country? / Security Source Confirms Pastor Oritsejafor Was Involved In Botched Arms Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.