Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola (2242 Views)

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women / Why Do Men Beat Women? / 10 Things Women Need To Stop Doing To Each Other! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by amebono13: 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2009
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has recommended psychiatric test for men who beat women and violate their fundamental human rights.

He described incessant violence against women as a vexed issue which must be addressed urgently.

“I urge all men to desist from it and I venture to argue that those who do so, require psychiatric evaluation,” said Fashola, while delivering a lecture on, Evolving a Strategic Plan of Action Towards Gender Equality in Politics and Governance in Nigeria - Matters Arising, in commemoration of the one year memorial of the late Prof. Jadesola Akande in Lagos.

“This year, a vexed subject of violence against women reared its head in far away America, when diva and celebrity, Rihana was allegedly assaulted by her partner, Chris Brown,” he said.

Fashola described violence against women as abomination and an act that demeans men and brings their status in the society low.

“Do we truly need gender equality or gender equity? What use is it if we give women all the political and governance opportunities only to beat them up at home?

“Because, without doubt, there is a physiological difference and advantage here in favour of the men. Can people who are physically different with diverse strengths and weaknesses be treated the same way?” he asked.

Fashola also said it was imperative that another societal ill, “corporate prostitution,” that currently afflicted women in the corporate and business be dealt with.

“I think we can contribute to stopping the abuse of women by resolving to fight to put an end to corporate prostitution. I do not think it requires any new law that does not exist already.

“I think we must view it as part of corporate social responsibility and corporate governance of every organisation, which requires men and women in leadership to evolve policies and programmes and take stern decisions as a matter of corporate ethics and governance to ensure that women, the vessel of life, are not used as vessels of trade,” he stated.

The governor, however, eulogised the late Akande, saying she dedicated her life to the improvement of social and economic conditions of the people.

He stated that her mission and vision was that of a country where citizens would be treated equally without regards to sex and a place where a man would not earn more than a woman for doing the same job.

“Her mission and vision was that of a country where a woman will, in the real sense, be able to do what a man can do while she remains at one the multi-talented gift of God to man’s profession, mother, dutiful wife and teacher who built an army of leaders through the law.

“As we celebrate her legacy, commitment to the cause of human rights, and contributions to national development and gender equality, we should continually remind ourselves that great nations are built by the contributions of her citizens.

“We should invest our efforts and resources like the late legal icon to make this nation a better place for all,” Fashola said.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=2514&z=12
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by noetic(m): 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2009
women who tongue-lash their hubby's also require psyco test.
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by amebono13: 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2009
agreed, but i wish some of you men will go practice your supposed boxing skills on your fellow men,lets see how it goes

why u lot choose the feminine species,understand i not
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by noetic(m): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2009
amebo no1.:

agreed, but i wish some of you men will go practice your supposed boxing skills on your fellow men,lets see how it goes

why u lot choose the feminine species,understand i not

injuries from punches heal naturally, words (other times curses) said in anger dont.
the punches or curses are usually done by both parties cos they think they can get away with it.

is as much as the man should withhold the punch, the woman should also withhold the curses or words.
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by amebono13: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2009
the last time i checked injuries,punches,slapping leads to broken bones, one eye, swollen legs,and above all leads to death undecided

words can always be compensated with words ,a simple "im sorry " can go along way
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by Igwe9(m): 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2009
noetic:

Seconded even when anger is younger brother to madness grin
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by sosos(m): 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2009
anyway they both need deliverance!
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2009
noetic:

injuries from punches heal naturally, words (other times curses) said in anger dont.
the punches or curses are usually done by both parties cos they think they can get away with it.

is as much as the man should withhold the punch, the woman should also withhold the curses or words.

So in this case, you are better off having physical injuries than being insulted? Bore me more.
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by 190: 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2009
Its Fashola himself that needs a psychiatric test
Foolish man angry angry
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by puskin: 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2009
~ seconded ~
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by jalether(m): 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2009
women are allowed to curse a man out, slap, embarrass him in anywhere, in short do whatever

she likes to d man, n he doesnt ve any right to reciprocate. get the f**k outta here, this whole bulsh**t

has to stop, it works both ways ladies you dont want ur ass beat, dont beat on a man, like a reality tv show

i was watching, this indian lady slapped a guy just because he wouldnt answer her queestion n guess what ole boy

returned the favor with a resounding slap, i was like well done young pimpin, if you respect your self no man is gonna

beat your ass
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by jacktweed(m): 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2009
Posted by: 190

Its Fashola himself that needs a psychiatric test
Foolish man

The most intelligent post on Nairaland so far i have seen. Before Men pulverize women, isnt it the woman who aggrevates him to the point of no return? But the women shouldnt go for psychiatric tests but instead they should be taken to Gstaad or St. Moritz for holidays because they are women abi?

Nonsense angry

Rather what Fashola should have said is that Men who dont beat Women need Psychiatric Tests! They need it to make them know that a Man is more superior to them any way they look at it and its also a reminder to them to learn to control their loose unguarded tongues!

Fashola waka jo! angry
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by 190: 10:17pm On Apr 30, 2009
@jack tweed
Thanks alot brother
2 hell wit this fashola guy
who d Bleep does he tink he is
I seriously have a strong feeling that he even
beats his wife indoors black and blue and coms out
and says all kind of trash abt wot he does secretly in doors
if u doubt this seriously question his wife and watch her confess

@topic
women eat men with their words,men are quite gentle beings and generous 2 a fault
but can be unleashed wen women batter us with their words,do u expect a woman cheatin on her man 2 get an applaud for doin so
NEVER
there are different ways that men show their anger on sometin
the quiet ones can be matured 2 walk away especially if they have notin 2 loose
but not the ones that have sacrificed a lot on their woman and yet shes the un appriciative type
naggs and cheats about, the man can be FAUSTRATED in2 using his blows on her so definately
do not blame any man that beats his woman, he is doin it out of his LOVE For her especially if he loves her wit his LIFE

Now watch women bite me! grin
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by jalether(m): 10:35pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ jacktweeed & 190, we got some big pimpin up in here

ladies better watch your big mouth b4 u get rihannanised grin
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by biina: 10:42pm On Apr 30, 2009
There is no excuse for beating up someone (male or female) just because he/she is weaker than you. Thats simply being a bully.
The sad thing is that bullies would easily hold their peace when they are the weaker entity.
Eni ti a le mu, ni a le idi mo (One only picks on others that are weaker than them)
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by FATHERME: 10:54pm On Apr 30, 2009
Let me rephrase for our dear sister grin men who beat their wives out of nothing need their head examined in the Psychiatric hosp  cool eweee!
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2009
@190
Were you joking?
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by Igwe9(m): 10:58pm On Apr 30, 2009
No! hes right in this one cool
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by MaiSuya(m): 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2009
noetic:

HAKA NE!
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by 190: 11:22pm On Apr 30, 2009
@Toyinrayo
hell NO im not
what im saying in essence is that
No man wud beat his woman expect
she gives him an opportunity 2 and even drags him about
on the dust,he just have 2 shut her up somehow
most women are complete Ingrates and never know what they have
till they looose it,
I dnt blame cris brown @ all 4 wot he did
infact he is a typical 9ja boy 2 me!
i loved him more after that incident
so ladies pls dont blame ur man should he hit u
if he hits u,know that u deserve it
women are like K.G 1 kids they need 2 be spanked on their Hugh PLAINTAIN asses every now and then grin grin grin
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 30, 2009
I still want to believe you're joking.

Although this is not a funny matter
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by follypimpi(m): 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2009
@190

Isn't this another HUGE example of your recto-cranial inverted reasoning and dust filled HEAD.U r a very Big disappointment to this generation,always chattin shit.
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 30, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

I still want to believe you're joking.

Although this is not a funny matter

Let them joke! grin . . . serves as a shortcut in separating the wheat from the demented chaff. Lmao. grin grin
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by jalether(m): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2009
i 100% agree with 190 carry go jor grin
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by boliatiepa: 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2009
Women can't have it both ways with all their clamour for equality.

A man who beats up a woman should not be harangued because his victim
was a woman.

They should be no separate category for woman beating. Assault na Assault
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2009
boliatiepa:

Women can't have it both ways with all their clamour for equality.
The idea of equality should not suppress morality.
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by puskin: 2:40am On May 01, 2009
Take it or leave it, sum just luv 2b beaten. Its acts like an aphrodisiac
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by ladybam(f): 8:43am On May 01, 2009
@post.
i'v always wondered y a man would lay his hand on a lady. yeah psycho
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by Hauwa1: 9:19am On May 01, 2009
@ Jack tweed and 190,

The man is trying to make the society he lives in a more civilized one and here you both are mistyping?

i just want them to work on their police system, i mean maybe a 811 call for that ruthless man with itchy hands.

I expected better  undecided

Lady bam, i think it's stress!  grin and lipsrsealed
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by Sissy3(f): 9:34am On May 01, 2009
seems to me some people here just sit behind their computer screens and vomit type nonsense.

there is no excuse for domestic violence be it man or woman
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by JJYOU: 9:58am On May 01, 2009
amebo no1.:

the last time i checked injuries,punches,slapping leads to broken bones, one eye, swollen legs,and above all leads to death undecided

words can always be compensated with words ,a simple "im sorry " can go along way
madam, seriously i hate all kind of violence but i hate people who cant keep their tongues more. this is one thing that upset me so quickly. sadly this educated generation appears worse than our parents generation.
~Sissy~:

seems to me some people here just sit behind their computer screens and vomit type nonsense.

there is no excuse for domestic violence be it man or woman
101% right. i lost respect for one lady the day i saw her abuse her husband without shame. it is abuse in my book. the english use this silly phrase " Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me". i always wonder why they have domestic violence if this is true. it is not all about drinks.
Re: Men Who Beat Women Need Psychiatric Test — Fashola by Moonstone(f): 10:17am On May 01, 2009
I can see that NL already has some of the mad men that need the psychiatric test. angry angry angry angry angry I'm not surprised.

All the B.S. I'm seeing here is of no point. If a woman abuses you, she's not going to kill you with her words. Some men have beaten their wives close to the point of death. Some are even worse when they beat their wives in front of their children. I have seen buffoons beat up their wives like little children.

If your wife abuses you, what is she using to abuse you? Do your own back if it hurts you so much. If not, hold your freaking peace and stew in anger.

To beat your wife is barbaric but some women aggravate those men. Women too need to learn how to control their tongues but I have seen men that beat women and curse the women simultaneously.
If your wife has a big mouth, that's your fault because I'm sure she showed traits before the marriage. If you can stand it, then don't complain and if you can't, don't marry such.
I still believe that NO MAN has ANY excuse to beat a woman. It's a cowardly attitude. It goes both ways but it does not warrant any physical violence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

d / Could You Marry A Person You Found In The Internet? / I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.