Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,752 members, 7,840,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? (53415 Views)

Dino Melaye And Ali Ndume In War Of Words Over Screening Of Ibrahim Magu / Okorocha: Ekweremadu Will Lose Seat To APC Candidate / Saraki, Ekweremadu Will Be Sent Packing Next Week – Senator Marafa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
tomakint:

TINUBU & BUHARI.......cry cry grin cheesy I swear if they can eventually slam the obstinate Saraki, I will celebrate this with my hommies cheesy and I will start taking Buhari serious.

The guy-Saraki already a toast, he has been earmarked as the sacrificial lamb! APC and Buhari have no choice than see to the prosecution of the case to end or else, anti corruption tires would be pulled off..you got my drift??..

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by modath(f): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
Double post.
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by modath(f): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
neolboy:
Anybody can preside as long Ameachi nomination is not confirmed

You are on a looonnnnngg thing... smiley

Amaechi don be minister since tey tey.. grin

16 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
modath:

You are on a looonnnnngg thing... smiley

Amaechi don be minister since tey tey.. grin

Don't mind the late comer!

10 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by FirstCounsel(m): 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
adeaks:
In theory, he has to appear in court to face his trial but I fully expect him not to appear in court that day. This is a man who twice had bench warrants issued against him and nothing happened. Saraki would also say that he has a pressing national assignment and because of that he can't afford to appear in court.
Truth is that he is higher than the court. The CCT is like a dog that can only bark without biting.
You definitely can't be serious. Please don't misinform others here. The kind of stuff I read on naira land these days....smh

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by CharlyNick: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2015
Till then BRO.......
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by FirstCounsel(m): 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

In criminal cases, the accused must be present and also sit in the dock until the trial is over. So he will be attending court anytime the case is called.
This is the official position. It's what the law says and not what some of you think"ought to happen". In ALL criminal trials the accused person MUST be present. If he cannot due to ill health perhaps, his lawyer must tender a medical report in support. No other excuse will be tenable including ministerial screening. Thank you

9 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by duwdu: 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
I thought "at least 82" senators vowed they would continue to follow Senator Saraki to court? It would mean there would be no quorum as from Wednesday, shey? So, even Senator Ekweremadu may not have an opportunity to preside? gringringrin

P34c3

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
FirstCounsel:
This is the official position. It's what the law says and not what some of you think"ought to happen". In ALL criminal trials the accused person MUST be present. If he cannot due to ill health perhaps, his lawyer must tender a medical report in support. No other excuse will be tenable including ministerial screening. Thank you

Thank you for affirming my position!

6 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
FirstCounsel:

You definitely can't be serious. Please don't misinform others here. The kind of stuff I read on naira land these days....smh

Your response is too vague. What exactly do you think I am not being serious about? Which part of what I wrote do you disagree with and what is your own view ? Come up with succinct, reasonable rebuttals and not just typing "smh". You can do much better

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
duwdu:
I thought "at least 82" senators vowed they would continue to follow Senator Saraki to court? It would mean there would be no quorum as from Wednesday, shey? So, even Senator Ekweremadu may not have an opportunity to preside? gringringrin

P34c3

Another angle! cheesy grin
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by FirstCounsel(m): 6:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Thank you for affirming my position!
You are welcome madam
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ekweremadu going where?
modath:

An interesting turn of events....

But i still see Ekweremadu going to the other side..

Who knows, maybe he'd have gone since but still mulling over it...

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
Amaechi's screening comes up tomorrow. If for any reason it doesn't hold, he should decline to attend if Ekweremadu is to preside.
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Amaechi's screening comes up tomorrow. If for any reason it doesn't hold, he should decline to attend if Ekweremadu is to preside.

Amaechi WILL Be Screened Tomorrow! End of!
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Jesusloveyou: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Following the failure of Saraki to get a reprieve from the Appeal Court today regarding his trial, it then means he will have his days in court on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Consequently, in his absence, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremmadu will have to preside on Wednesday when the final batch of the ministerial nominees would be screened and possibly confirmed.

Interesting scenario... wink
no, ike wil not preside, saraki wil also adjourn d sitting and screening, that is d worst he can do

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by docadams: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
neolboy:
Anybody can preside as long Ameachi nomination is not confirmed

Ojigbijigbi! Different interests for different folks.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by maupe: 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
tomakint:

Ekweremadu has already been groomed to take over from Saraki - so I heard.....but let's keep watching.
Stup1d wishful thinking
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If he declines to attend that would be a wonderful gift to Wike as he would have sealed his disqualification.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
chukwudi44:

If he declines to attend that would be a wonderful gift to Wike as he would have sealed his disqualification.
Wetin u sabi?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by fatstan1: 8:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Who iTTed him before the grooming? wink wink

Guy! Why pretend to be female or are you transgender?

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by fistonati(m): 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ekweremadu is saraki's mentor, be mr speaker watch ur back. Akala did it to ladoja in oyo state.
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by meforyou1(m): 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
EdCure:

This is all you could say after all the verbiage?
You're a big fool.

You biafrauds don't ever contribute anything meaningful to a discussion apart from emotional tantrums.
Very repulsive set of clumsy schleps.
what verbiage? The same useless boy ngeneukwenu claims to be igbo too. He deceives people that he is female,but took pictures one time while traveling to abakiliki and threatened to upload the pictures of the bad state of abakiliki. But just one he posted, the reflection in the picture, showed he was a coward boy. He was busted big time. And since then, the coward has refused to upload the remaining pictures.
As for the subject of the discussion, though I have an opinion, but I can never feed that worthless troll ngeneukwenu to make the mr woman grow fatter in his trolling.
So I leave it for legal luminaries in the house to discuss.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Wetin u sabi?

Okay naa if dem born Amaechi well let he dare ignoring the senate

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2015
fatstan1:

[s]Guy! Why pretend to be female or are you transgender?[/s]

Be careful!
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Descartes: 8:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Be careful!
Even you Cartilyn Jennier?

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Townhighlights(m): 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by lawflec(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
Not at all. Dsp will not preside, it will be Saraki. Firstly, Amechi and others would be screened tomorrow not Wednesday.
Secondly, if the screening is on Wednesday, he can. still preside because the judicial interpretation of section 36 is that an accused must be represented during his trial either in person or through a legal practitioner of his choice. And it implies. Both in civil or criminal matters. That is why even in election petitions the respondent must not be in court. However, Saraki being an intelligent man would rather go to court than sit in the house and watch Amechi loose his bid to become a minster.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by Jascon4: 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
meforyou1:
what verbiage? The same useless boy ngeneukwenu claims to be igbo too. He deceives people that he is female,but took pictures one time while traveling to abakiliki and threatened to upload the pictures of the bad state of abakiliki. But just one he posted, the reflection in the picture, showed he was a coward boy. He was busted big time. And since then, the coward has refused to upload the remaining pictures.
As for the subject of the discussion, though I have an opinion, but I can never feed that worthless troll ngeneukwenu to make the mr woman grow fatter in his trolling.
So I leave it for legal luminaries in the house to discuss.

LOL @ busted. Folks here do that a lot. Some men on here surreptitiously assume the identity of a woman for whatever reason, I personally nabbed one, after which he jokingly laughed it off.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by meforyou1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2015
FirstCounsel:

You are welcome madam
mind you, ngeneukwenu is male. A very fooliish idiotic boy

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by meforyou1(m): 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Be careful!
u are a bafooon. Coward boy. Where are the abakiliki pictures you threatened to upload? Mr woman

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? by fablola: 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
OEPHIUS:
I doubt he has to be in court physically since his plea has been taken.
His lawyer(s) can represent him

Good reasoning unless when he is required for cross-examination

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Bomber Boy Caught By CJTF In Borno State (Photos) / Bayelsa Governorship Election Official Results 2019 Announcement (Live Updates) / 2023: Tinubu Meets Wike, Makinde, Ortom In London - Vanguard

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.