Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola (16529 Views)

Obanikoro, Family Sue EFCC For N100m / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF / Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by bnovative(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
aresa:

I read this essay twice and still din't see any criminal activity or embezzlement, just a laundry list of contracts, amount paid to contractors, suggestions and innuendos..

Maybe it's just me, please highlight the criminal part like stealing money, embezzlement and in whose account all the money went...

With akpabio, billions was taken out of the state's pocket with zero specific reason/s per what was done with the funds and this is why the EFCC is eyeing akpabio.

Saying Lagos state spent too much money on a website is just your opinion and it doesn't mean any crime was committed especially since the contract was awarded based on the documented going rates at the agencies involved and for Fashola to be criminally liable for anything, you have to prove that the money or part of the money went into his pocket or bank account which is not what they are alleging, just that the state spent too much in this and that which is really not a crime, it's just your own opinion.

And you wonder why the EFCC don't pay attention to these silly and waste of time rubbish..

And did u read the rebuttal? no! for u
akpabio is already guilty.
Akpabio, who spoke through Akwa Ibom
State Commissioner for Information, Mr.
Aniekan Umanah, said those accusing him
of impropriety did not know the workings
of government.
Umanah said:”Every sum withdrawn from
a government account is tied to a
subhead and there must be a budgetary
provision. To attribute fraud to
withdrawals, which had the full sanction
of government and was accommodated in
the budget, is strange, mischievous and
untenable. More so, when one
understands that there are checks and
balances which guide all aspects of
government financial administration.”
He said the allegation that the state
government spent N50 billion on the
March general elections falls flat based on
his explanation of the workings of
government on financial transactions.
“There was no such provision in the
budget of this year and such an amount
could not have been paid as an extra-
budgetary expenditure and yet salaries
and other commitments were met. We
challenge the petitioners to provide proof
to support this wild allegation. Who was it
paid to? How was it paid? Where was it
paid? And when was it paid,”the
commissioner said.
“Senator Akpabio does not own a 25-
storey building in Victoria Island or in any
part of the world, as alleged by the
petitioner. It is also patent falsehood that
the house at 22 Probyn Road, Ikoyi
belongs to Senator Akpabio.
“It is a rented building which ownership
can be verified from the Lagos State
Lands Registry.
“Senator Akpabio does not own the
properties mentioned in the petition to
belong to him. You can verify the
ownership of the properties (5 Okokosi
Close, Maitama and Plot 28 Colorado
Close, Maitama) from the land registry in
Abuja,” he said.
He also denied that the state received
over N2 trillion as oil allocation.
“Please do note that the idea that the
Akwa Ibom State government received
over N2.5 trillion in the eight years of the
Akpabio administration is an outrageous
lie.
“What this suggests is that the state
government received an average of N26
billion monthly for the period. What a lie!
From published accounts of disbursement
from the Federation Account, Akwa Ibom
State never received up to N26 billion in
any month throughout the period
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by poseidon12: 12:43am On Oct 20, 2015
modath:
Ladyexcellency,

You hate APC so much you can't even differentiate between the names, na wah oo......

Read SLOWLY,its FASHOLA not FAYEMI

Ekiti state not lagos state. ...

& for your info PDP was in power then abi the 2014 pass you too .

Oh, my bad, EFCC had only yahoo boys' time then !! undecided

Bye!!

You may be referring to Fashola and not Fayemi. However, it seems a petition with convincing evidence was also submitted against Fayemi but the EFCC seems to be looking the other way. But they have rushed to investigate Akpabio. Seems like selective anti-corruption crusade by Buhari.
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by aresa: 1:37am On Oct 20, 2015
[s]
bnovative:

And did u read the rebuttal? no! for u
akpabio is already guilty.
Akpabio, who spoke through Akwa Ibom
State Commissioner for Information, Mr.
Aniekan Umanah, said those accusing him
of impropriety did not know the workings
of government.
Umanah said:”Every sum withdrawn from
a government account is tied to a
subhead and there must be a budgetary
provision. To attribute fraud to
withdrawals, which had the full sanction
of government and was accommodated in
the budget, is strange, mischievous and
untenable. More so, when one
understands that there are checks and
balances which guide all aspects of
government financial administration.”
He said the allegation that the state
government spent N50 billion on the
March general elections falls flat based on
his explanation of the workings of
government on financial transactions.
“There was no such provision in the
budget of this year and such an amount
could not have been paid as an extra-
budgetary expenditure and yet salaries
and other commitments were met. We
challenge the petitioners to provide proof
to support this wild allegation. Who was it
paid to? How was it paid? Where was it
paid? And when was it paid,”the
commissioner said.
“Senator Akpabio does not own a 25-
storey building in Victoria Island or in any
part of the world, as alleged by the
petitioner. It is also patent falsehood that
the house at 22 Probyn Road, Ikoyi
belongs to Senator Akpabio.
“It is a rented building which ownership
can be verified from the Lagos State
Lands Registry.
“Senator Akpabio does not own the
properties mentioned in the petition to
belong to him. You can verify the
ownership of the properties (5 Okokosi
Close, Maitama and Plot 28 Colorado
Close, Maitama) from the land registry in
Abuja,” he said.
He also denied that the state received
over N2 trillion as oil allocation.
“Please do note that the idea that the
Akwa Ibom State government received
over N2.5 trillion in the eight years of the
Akpabio administration is an outrageous
lie.
“What this suggests is that the state
government received an average of N26
billion monthly for the period. What a lie!
From published accounts of disbursement
from the Federation Account, Akwa Ibom
State never received up to N26 billion in
any month throughout the period
[/s]

1. I did not make any assertion about akpabio's guilt, I said the allegations about Fashola spending too much on a website is a matter of opinion since this is the state's mandated going rate the agencies involved by law go by when awarding contracts.

2. The allegations against Fashola was misguided and misapplied since the state agencies involved was responsible for the contracts by law and not Fashola. The should have tender their concern before the state legistlature to scrutinize the way the agencies award contracts and make changes if needed.

3. Spending too much on website is not a crime, it's a matter of opinion and if you really need answers, ask the agencies involved unless you have credible evidence that the Fashola awarded the contracts himself and directly enriched himself, how much he diverted, how he cashed the checks and in whose account the money landed.

4. Per Akpabio, his case is very different. This is about billions taken out of the treasury without any specific project or service attached to the huge withdrawals..

5. Hiding under rubber stamp legislative budgets is nothing but a shell game to give official cover to day light looting. After telling us that the money was secured under legislative approved budgets, you still have to tell us what the money was used for precisely.

6. The old game of looting is to assign huge funds to special duties which is a slush money with no specific goals or agenda, it's free money to do anything with and such absurdity exists only in Nigeria.

7. Akpabio's job now is to explain to the EFCC whate necessitated N18 billion for N18 billion under the guise of special services. Sounds more like entertainment money.

9. Akpabio presided over the richest state in Nigeria and the largest state budgets, but after 8 years in office, he did not build 1 single hospital and the only one he labeled hospital shortly before leaving office was an empty building with no hospital staff and the rented equipment he showed of with were removed by the renters. It's basically an empty building erected just to deceive.

10. He was able to withdraw N18 billion for special services aka smoke screen, but still couldn't equip his empty so called hospital with life saving equipments for his people to access to save their lives.

11. His N39 billion football fiels is a waste since the place is yet to host anything since commissioning. The people of akwa ibom are yet to make 1 kobo off that fiitball field.

12. After budgets after budgets and after billions upon billions, the Tropicana is still uncompleted, he commissioned a cinema and an empty mall.

13. The only projects he completed after the roads and flyover are.

A. 1 cinema

B. 1. Library

C. 1 Football field.

That's all he did with the largest yearly budgets in Nigeria. A state with just 5 million people.

Fashola with 20 million people and smaller budgets commissioned projects practically everyday till he left office.

https://www.nairaland.com/2322688/fashola-vs-akpabio-updated-projects

Fashola Vs Akpabio

^^^^^^ That's the difference between bot men in living color...
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by roscoman: 2:26am On Oct 20, 2015
I took right decision not to have voted for PMB and I keep on telling people care to listen tha t PMB / APC would continue to decivied Nigerian till 2019. Firstly PMB really wanted to clean Nigeria out of corruption, PMB should probe the following peoples : OBJ, TINUBU,ATIKU,AMACHIFUNSO KUPOLOKUN, BRF e.t.c. The moment he can't probe these guys Buhari should just forget about it. Secondly, why did PMB as a leader in APC allow Abubakar Audu and Timiyre Sysiva to contest governorship primaries in Kogi and Bayesa States respectively ?. Knowing fully well that, these guys has corruption charges on their necks due to atrocities committed while they were governors .Thirdly, Why did APC /PMB wanted to give Rotimi Amechi a ministerial appointment ?. When there was enough evidences against him on stealing River State Money. Was it because Amechi single handedly bank rolled about 65 % of PMB elections ?. Until PMB is able to provide an answers to these questions,then I can be convinced about his anti-corruption fight.
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by Pavarottii(m): 2:58am On Oct 20, 2015
modath:

Present the kind of evidence of transaction that young lawyer did against Akpabio & put it in public domain if EFCC is not doing the needful...& Fashola will get the necessary treatment...

Borehole & website are not enough indictment, they can be explained away.....

There is a difference between abuse of office & direct misappropriation of funds.....

People need to learn how to fight without making noise.
So because it's borehole and website, it is not enuf to indict him. We blame our president for fighting a one eyed corruption. Not knowing his followers were worse. Wen Stella Odua used 250million for 2 bullet poof cars. U guys were crying fowl! That she should be jailed; but here is fashola using millions for borehole and website, but it can be explained to U: U R A BASTARD! U guys just av double standards breaded in ur life. It's a pity.
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by aresa: 4:31am On Oct 20, 2015
Pavarottii:

So because it's borehole and website, it is not enuf to indict him. We blame our president for fighting a one eyed corruption. Not knowing his followers were worse. Wen Stella Odua used 250million for 2 bullet poof cars. U guys were crying fowl! That she should be jailed; but here is fashola using millions for borehole and website, but it can be explained to U: U R A BASTARD! U guys just av double standards breaded in ur life. It's a pity.

Presidential Panel Indicts Stella Oduah

Oduah contravened the Appropriation Act, 2013 and the approved, revised thresholds by exceeding the Ministry of Aviation’s approval limit of N100m by the purchase of 54 vehicles valued at N643m.

https://www.naij.com/56435.html

What's really a pity here is you mixing up 2 different issues.

She broke the law while Fashola did not break any law and if he did, please explain to us what law he broke.

Oduah was indicted by the Nigerian senate and the presidential panel set up by GEJ himself and even the same GEJ's presidential panel advised GEJ so sack her which he did.

Get some education before mixing apples and oranges.
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by modath(f): 4:48am On Oct 20, 2015
poseidon12:

You may be referring to Fashola and not Fayemi. However, it seems a petition with convincing evidence was also submitted against Fayemi but the EFCC seems to be looking the other way. But they have rushed to investigate Akpabio. Seems like selective anti-corruption crusade by Buhari.

Did you check the date that Fayemi's petition was submitted to EFCC

september 2014!! & who was president then?

The people trying to score cheap political points know nigerians don't read!!

I don't support corrupt practices & god forbid I lose my dignity & make excuses cos I support pmb but as someone who knows a thing or two about govt office, civil servants & politicians are so skilled in "stealing" that it will take the grace of god to catch them..

Explaining away the borehole was what you saw at the screening, did I not know something fishy went down? Of course I do, proving it is a whole different ball game..

There is no morality in law unfortunately..

Akpabio's case if I may recall from what I read is that his aides made cash withdrawals from the state account for special services??

You may be as emotional about this as much as you want but there is no appropriation for this iunlike fashola that will be able to bring in experts & even the contractors to vouch that the job really cost that much..

Hope you understand my point now?
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by aresa: 5:06am On Oct 20, 2015
modath:

Did you check the date that Fayemi's petition was submitted to EFCC

september 2014!!
& who was president then?[/b]

The people trying to score cheap political points know nigerians don't read!!

I don't support corrupt practices & god forbid I lose my dignity & make excuses cos I support pmb but as someone who knows a thing or two about govt office, civil servants & politicians are so skilled in "stealing" that it will take the grace of god to catch them..

Explaining away the borehole was what you saw at the screening, did I not know something fishy went down? Of course I do, proving it is a whole different ball game..

There is no morality in law unfortunately..

Akpabio's case if I may recall from what I read is that his aides made cash withdrawals from the state account for special services??

You may be as emotional about this as much as you want but there is no appropriation for this iunlike fashola that will be able to bring in experts & even the contractors to vouch that the job really cost that much..

Hope you understand my point now?

Great observation..

1 Like

Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by modath(f): 5:09am On Oct 20, 2015
aresa:

What's really a pity here is you mixing up 2 different issues.

She broke the law while Fashola did not break any law and if he did, please explain to us what law he broke.

Oduah was indicted by the Nigerian senate and the presidential panel set up by GEJ himself and even the same GEJ's presidential panel advised GEJ so sack her which he did.

Get some education before mixing apples and oranges.

Why are you trying to educate that waste of space who resorts to abuses when presented with a superior argument...

Knowing someone is guilty & proving guilt are two different ball games entirely!!!

Moreover why would I get into an argument with a ninny whose parents failed by not teaching manners or given a sound education & writes breaded instead of embedded or foul as fowl.

Not only fowl, it's chicken or turkey.

I usually don't pay them any attention when they show up in my mentions; my mama did a better job than theirs & 90% of the time they take leave of the insignificant commonsense they managed to possess & begin to belabour one with sentimental crap, so I leave them to their ignorance.

Good job though.... smiley

Cc:pavarottii
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by modath(f): 5:20am On Oct 20, 2015
aresa:

Great observation..

Just like I made an example to someone, an artist was paid 16m. For xmas party & 12m was kicked back to ogas.

We know no musician costs that much but try to argue it when All the fees was paid directly into his account & when the kick back I can guess would have been paid into the ogas' wives or children' accounts with fictitious names.

They think EFcc just arrests cos obj used it to fight his political enemies.. Akpabio & Odua's cases are different cos they never envisaged that PDP would crash & Fashola being in the opposition would have done a neat Job.

I'm a realist..Law is not Morality.
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by dyn1800: 7:34am On Oct 20, 2015
You know sometmes some people allowed their hasteful bigotry overshadowed their intellectual reasoning..... Fashola doesn't look like someone not ready for EFCC questioning.... And he never denied the fact that he uses 78m for websites.... Take him anywhere I'm sure he will come out clean ..... Unlike our Hyde park Madam .... Running Helter skelter to safe her corrupt head
modath:

wink... Thank you..

Common sense is not common.

Abuse of powers by receiving kickbacks it's quite different from outright stealing of funds...

We know no borehole can cost 78m but as long as Fashola didn't draw the money & it was paid to a contractor, they will explain it away, which was what we saw at the screening....

Do i support it? No but i know how things work..
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by bnovative(m): 7:47am On Oct 20, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

1. I did not make any assertion about akpabio's guilt, I said the allegations about Fashola spending too much on a website is a matter of opinion since this is the state's mandated going rate the agencies involved by law go by when awarding contracts.

2. The allegations against Fashola was misguided and misapplied since the state agencies involved was responsible for the contracts by law and not Fashola. The should have tender their concern before the state legistlature to scrutinize the way the agencies award contracts and make changes if needed.

3. Spending too much on website is not a crime, it's a matter of opinion and if you really need answers, ask the agencies involved unless you have credible evidence that the Fashola awarded the contracts himself and directly enriched himself, how much he diverted, how he cashed the checks and in whose account the money landed.

4. Per Akpabio, his case is very different. This is about billions taken out of the treasury without any specific project or service attached to the huge withdrawals..

5. Hiding under rubber stamp legislative budgets is nothing but a shell game to give official cover to day light looting. After telling us that the money was secured under legislative approved budgets, you still have to tell us what the money was used for precisely.

6. The old game of looting is to assign huge funds to special duties which is a slush money with no specific goals or agenda, it's free money to do anything with and such absurdity exists only in Nigeria.

7. Akpabio's job now is to explain to the EFCC whate necessitated N18 billion for N18 billion under the guise of special services. Sounds more like entertainment money.

9. Akpabio presided over the richest state in Nigeria and the largest state budgets, but after 8 years in office, he did not build 1 single hospital and the only one he labeled hospital shortly before leaving office was an empty building with no hospital staff and the rented equipment he showed of with were removed by the renters. It's basically an empty building erected just to deceive.

10. He was able to withdraw N18 billion for special services aka smoke screen, but still couldn't equip his empty so called hospital with life saving equipments for his people to access to save their lives.

11. His N39 billion football fiels is a waste since the place is yet to host anything since commissioning. The people of akwa ibom are yet to make 1 kobo off that fiitball field.

12. After budgets after budgets and after billions upon billions, the Tropicana is still uncompleted, he commissioned a cinema and an empty mall.

13. The only projects he completed after the roads and flyover are.

A. 1 cinema

B. 1. Library

C. 1 Football field.

That's all he did with the largest yearly budgets in Nigeria. A state with just 5 million people.

Fashola with 20 million people and smaller budgets commissioned projects practically everyday till he left office.

https://www.nairaland.com/2322688/fashola-vs-akpabio-updated-projects

Fashola Vs Akpabio

^^^^^^ That's the difference between bot men in living color...
Allegations without proofs are conjectures.
Re: CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola by free13: 11:44am On Oct 20, 2015
LadyExcellency:

You mean this one is not enough?

Alleged N20bn Fraud:group Drags Fayemi, Others To EFCC, ICPC

The former governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi has been dragged to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and then Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC) over alleged fraudulent practices, running to over N20 billion.

The Save Ekiti Coalition (SEC), which made this allegation, wrote petition dated September 26, 2014 to the EFCC and ICPC and the petition was submitted in Abuja on September 29, 2014.

The petition signed by SEC Secretary, Comrade Oke Ayodele was titled; “Complaint of fraudulent practices against Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi and others: call for investigation and prosecution.”

The group said the frauds were perpetrated through N2.6 billion construction of new civic centre, N383.9m earthwork for new governor’s office, diversion of State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) and Local Councils funds through contracts worth N4.2bn, inflation of road contracts worth over N10bn and diversion of N1.2bn FADAMA fund.

The petition read in part; “Contract for the construction of a New Civic Centre was awarded to TIANJIN-YUYANG Construction Eng. Limited on August 30, 2012 at the cost of N2, 573,584,395.75, while Consultancy on the construction was awarded to CASA Nig Ltd on June 11, 2012 at the cost of N137, 611,325.07.

20140929_170623-1

“Curiously, as at the end of 2012, a sum of N643,396,098.94 (representing 25% of total contract sum) had been paid to TIANJIN-YUYANG Construction Eng. Limited while the consultant, CASA Nig. Ltd was paid N89,801,901.06 (representing 80% of total contract sum).

“In 2013, a sum of N350, 116,245.17 was paid to TIANJIN-YUYANG Construction Eng. Limited, making a total sum of N993, 512,344.11 (representing 45% of total contract sum).
“While the Project contractor was paid 25% of the contract sum in 2012, why was the consultant paid 80% of the contract sum? Information available to us indicates that the Consultant was hurriedly paid 80% of the contract sum so as to enable some officials of the government get N50m of the contract sum. “Also, payment to the contractor was changed to N350, 116,245.17 in the 2014 Capital Projects Report, as against the sum of N643, 396,098.94 presented in the 2013 Capital Projects Report.

20141007_145845

“Contract for the construction of earthwork for the N ew Governor’s Office was awarded to PONTI-ITALWARE Nig Ltd on March 3, 2012 at the sum of N383, 900,911.06, with a sum of N115, 170,273.32 paid to the contractor. The New Governor’s Office was proposed to be constructed
from the N25bn Bond obtained by the State Government, with N3, 474,700.000.00 earmarked for the project. “However, with N115, 170,273.32 paid to PONTI-ITALWARE Nig Ltd form earthwork, as at today, the site has been abandoned, with no significant work done.

20141007_145915

“By our own assessment, what was spent on the site cannot be more than N5m. “Also, in the 2014 Capital Projects Report, the N115, 170,273.32 paid for the earthwork was deleted, raising poser as to why the payment was missing from the 2014 updated account.

“In 2012, contracts worth N4, 246,094,751.14 were awarded through the Bureau of Special Projects (under the Governor’s office), headed by Mr. Kelekun. The contracts were for renovation of schools, supply of school furniture and construction of classrooms. Funds for these projects were taken from SUBEB and Local Governments accounts.

“Of these contracts, N3, 672,078,820.14 were for renovation of schools alone. Atlantic Offshore & Properties got N1, 152,562,555.14, Strabic Nig. Ltd got N1, 107,744.408.21, Bam Darley Nig. Ltd. got N924, 977,310.95 while Fatub Nig. Ltd got N486, 794,545.84.

“Immediately the renovation contracts were awarded, Atlantic Offshore & Properties was paid N750 million (70% of contract sum), Strabic Nig. Ltd was paid N600 million (65% of contract sum), Bam Darley Nig. Ltd was paid N600 million (70% of contract sum) while Fatub Nig.
Engineering Ltd was paid N150 million (60% of contract sum). “A total of N2.1bn was paid from SUBEB and LG accounts to these contractors even before the commencement of work, and over 40% of the payment was diverted into private pockets.

20141007_145944

“In the 2014 Capital Projects Report, payments to the contractors were presented as;
a: Atlantic Offshore & Properties – N1, 022,130,415.64
b: Strabic Nig. Ltd – N957, 237,829.62
c: Bam Darley Nig. Ltd – N742, 730,990.25
d: Fatub Engineering Nig. Ltd – N431, 327,270.41

“As at the time N1, 022,130,415.64 was paid to Atlantic Offshore & Properties, only 60% work had been done, meaning that Atlantic Offshore & Properties was only entitled to N691, 537,551. Bam Darley
Nig. Ltd that was paid N742, 730,990.25 had done 60% work too and ought to have been paid N554, 986,386.57.
“Contracts for REHABILITATION of Roads were awarded at highly inflated cost, with some of the roads costing as high N50 million per kilometre when the immediate past government awarded CONSTRUCTION of roads at less than N45m per kilometre. The REHABILITATION only involved cutting of failed portion, filling with laterite and stone base and asphalt overlay. No subsoil drainages, new pipe culverts and box culverts were constructed.

“For instance, 10.7km Ado-Afao was awarded at N538, 638,704.26, 17km Ilawe-Igbara Odo-Ibuji road, which was awarded at a little above N200m by the immediate past government was re-awarded to at N894,698,043.75, 11.5km Ado-Ilawe road was awarded at N482,849,098.20, 3.6km
Ijigbo-Baptist College (Ilawe road) was awarded at N788,038,599.60 while Fajuyi-University Teaching Hospital Road that is less than3km was awarded at N447,544,063.50

“Rehabilitation of 13km Old Garrage-Ado-Ikere road was awarded to Plycon Nig Ltd at N2, 369,833,077.15.

“Construction of 0.8km Old Garrage-Ojumose (Ado-Ekiti) road was awarded to Heartland Nig. Ltd at N866, 872,873.13.

“Using the State Public Works Corporation (PWC), rehabilitation 5km township roads were embarked upon in each of the 16 LGs. Contracts for the rehabilitation of these roads were awarded without any input from the respective LGs while fund for the project was deducted from the
local councils allocation. “For instance, rehabilitation of 5km roads in Moba LG was awarded for N368, 950,821.09, Ido/Osi LG for N329, 950,821.50 and Ilejemeje LG for N347, 914,157.68. Apart from the PWC, cronies of Governor Kayode Fayemi were also given the contract. Most of the road projects have been abandoned.

“In 2010, the World Bank in collaboration with the Federal Government released $7.5m (about N1.2bn) for FADAMA III Project. The State Government was expected to provide counterpart fund of N100m. FADAMA III was for LIVESTOCK farmers. “However, the N100m counterpart fund was not provided by the State government until 2013.

“Instead of using this fund for the purpose for which the World Bank and FG released it, the State Government set up a scheme called Youths Commercial Agriculture Development Programme (YCAD) and used the FADAMA III grant from the World Bank and FG to fund it.

6-10 YCAD farmers were purportedly given N6 million each while FADAMA farmers, who registered FUGs of Ten (10) farmers collectively applied for six hundred and ninety thousand Naira only (N69,000.00 per farmer) were left unfunded.

“There were just 142 YCAD members, but the government claimed they were 15,000. “The government also claimed that it bought NINE Tractors at N98m and constructed abattoir for N18m. However, the tractors claimed to have been bought with N98m were the ones supplied to Ekiti State by the federal government during the immediate past administration of Engr Segun Oni.

“Also, the N100m counterpart fund paid by the State government into FADAMA’s ECO Bank, Ado-Ekiti account was later returned to the government coffers.

“For FADAMA IV, a sum of $10.5m (about N1.7bn) was released in August, this year by the World Bank in collaboration with the FG for cassava plantation. Moves are now being made to siphon this fund.”

Dailypost Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Buhari's Men Are Desperate To Win 2019 Election - Buba Galadima / Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes / For ‘Embezzling N33billion’ Sack Mustapha Maihaja As NEMA DG - Reps Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.