Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,271 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF (32468 Views)

We Are Not Probing Kyari – EFCC / We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics / FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by buharifraud: 7:20am On Jun 27, 2016
ABUJA — The All Progressives Congress, APC-led Federal Government is not focused on probing members of the party, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Mr. Babachir Lawal, has said.

SGF Engr Babachir David Lawal
The SGF, in an interview, weekend, affirmed that the government would, in the light of declining revenue, reprioritise the 2016 budget with emphasis on the administration’s priority projects and would not prioritise the constituency projects inputted by the National Assembly.

Lawal, in his first major interview since assuming office last August, also gave reasons for the failure to name ambassadorial nominees in certain states just as he justified the recent recruitment into the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS and the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.

Lawal, in the interview, said the report of the 2014 National Conference organised by the Goodluck Jonathan administration was not a priority of the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

Saying Buhari was too busy to study the report of the National Conference, Lawal said: “The government has not taken a decision on the 2014 National Conference. I understand that some Nigerians want it implemented but the government has been too busy with key areas of governance to talk about an exercise that we thought was essentially diversionary and a sort of, maybe, a “job for the boys.”

“If you remember, it was reported that almost everybody in the committee got N7 million and we consider it essentially as job for the boys. They probably produced a document that is good and commendable but I mean, this government is too busy with very more vital areas of governance and we are not intending to spend our time reading reports.

“The exercise of governance is not about reading reports. The reports are here, so many volumes that, for example, it would take me like seven days to go through and I wonder what happens to my work while I am reading it; while the economy needs attention, unemployment is there, insecurity is there, people are blowing up pipelines and so on.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/why-were-not-probing-apc-members-sgf/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by SeverusSnape(m): 7:23am On Jun 27, 2016
"therefore, If any man (or woman) joins APC, He/she is a new creature, old things are past away; All your sins are washed away, and all things are become new" - Epistle to the zombies, Chapter 4 vs.19

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3088738_img20151115154440_jpeg8f611b6c9cc8cd0928a56ef1049ea06d

202 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by madridguy(m): 7:27am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank you Engr Babachir David Lawal. No time to check time.

3 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by ckmayoca: 7:28am On Jun 27, 2016
The last statement got me laughing. Reading for 7 days leaving ur work? Isn't that gonna be the road to the so called work?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by ElCount: 7:33am On Jun 27, 2016
You wonder what would happen to your work for seven days while you read the confab report? But buhari had no problem running the country without a cabinet for 5 months.

And remind us what vital areas you guys are busy with because you guys are obviously doing nothing

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 27, 2016
I don't really care if you probe APC members or not for corruption because I know that corruption is not the number one enemy of Nigeria. We blame every of our woes on corruption and that way celebrate corruption. we have a foundational problem but we continue to adjust the roof of our collapsing structure. The very problem of Nigeria are these people who cannot decipher our problems. They are just confused. The nation is coming to an eminent end and they are too blind to see the coming reality.
If Nigeria is ever going to remain a single indivisible entity then the implementation of the recommendations of the national conference report is a must especially as regards true federalism and forms of governance. Buhari should not learn everything from experience, it will do him lot of good if he learn from the errors of others. Nigerians deserve better!

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by lorbah001(m): 7:38am On Jun 27, 2016
ElCount:
You wonder what would happen to your work for seven days while you read the confab report? But buhari had no problem running the country without a cabinet for 5 months.
And remind us what vital areas you guys are busy with because you guys are obviously doing nothing

GEJ would have implemented the report?
Ur hero ineffectiveness ruined this nation

18 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by nzemila(m): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:
"therefore, If any man (or woman) joins APC, He/she is a new creature, old things are past away; All your sins are washed away, and all things are become new" - Epistle to the zombies, Chapter 4 vs.19

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3088738_img20151115154440_jpeg8f611b6c9cc8cd0928a56ef1049ea06d

when FFK left Apc to join People deciving People, i guess he was a saint. this ur zombies will attack you some day.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by SeverusSnape(m): 7:44am On Jun 27, 2016
nzemila:

when FFK left Apc to join People deciving People, i guess he was a saint. this ur zombies will attack you some day.
He was in PDP before he even joined APC.

11 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by 1shortblackboy: 7:57am On Jun 27, 2016
lorbah001:

ur still calling GEJ? For how long will u people continue with this line ? 1 year don waka o we don dey enter d second year undecided

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by Rrankdonga(m): 8:05am On Jun 27, 2016
Mr secretary, you should as well say you're too busy cutting down the tree, you don't have time to sharpen your axe.
What a disaster!!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by ElCount: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2016
lorbah001:

Indeed GEJ would have implemented it no doubt. 7months isn't enough to implement something like a confab report especially when you take into account the election campaign and all that in the same time frame.

For ur info he is not my hero and I'm no fanatic unlike you who probably have a statue of PMB in your house

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by lorbah001(m): 8:10am On Jun 27, 2016
1shortblackboy:
ur still calling GEJ? For how long will u people continue with this line ? 1 year don waka o we don dey enter d second year undecided

Seriously he didn't deserve a mention.... The way u guys glorify him here amuses.
Don't be in a hurry bro , if we can survive yaers of misrule, I believe we will survive few years of repair

8 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by lorbah001(m): 8:22am On Jun 27, 2016
ElCount:

Indeed GEJ would have implemented it no doubt. 7months isn't enough to implement something like a confab report especially when you take into account the election campaign and all that in the same time frame.

For ur info he is not my hero and I'm no fanatic unlike you who probably have a statue of PMB in your house

A statue of PMB in ma house won't be bad bro, I guez ur scintillating suggestion will be given a consideration, not by me alone but the nation @ large after 4years of this administration

Never had it so transparent and purposeful. #ibelieve in this change

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by mrvitalis(m): 8:24am On Jun 27, 2016
rotimileke:
I don't really care if you probe APC members or not for corruption because I know that corruption is not the number one enemy of Nigeria. We blame every of our woes on corruption and that way celebrate corruption. we have a foundational problem but we continue to adjust the roof of our collapsing structure. The very problem of Nigeria are these people who cannot decipher our problems. They are just confused. The nation is coming to an eminent end and they are too blind to see the coming reality.
If Nigeria is ever going to remain a single indivisible entity then the implementation of the recommendations of the national conference report is a must especially as regards true federalism and forms of governance. Buhari should not learn everything from experience, it will do him lot of good if he learn from the errors of others. Nigerians deserve better!
And who told u there is an input of true federalism in that report??
When people said that report is just a jamboree u think they are foolish??
Create 18 more states?? When the one we have can't pay workers
18% for the oil producing states from 13% (well that's OK but not still our problem)
There is almost nothing in that report that will change the Nigerian situation now...
And remember it was supposed to be used as a reference point to constitutional amendment and the national assembly can get a copy and use it not all this noise

5 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by mrvitalis(m): 8:26am On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by omowolewa: 8:31am On Jun 27, 2016
There should be an in house way if fighting corruption in APC.
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by koboko69: 8:37am On Jun 27, 2016
I have said it before. DSS needs to keep a close watch on Vanguard. The manner at which they report is to stir up anger and instigate violence. They do the same thing when reporting about militants activities.

I read this now, i can't make any meaning out of it,

No reason for not probing

They said he justified FIRS and CBN recruitment, no justifications found in the report.

Then they suddenly have reasons for confab report, which does not even tally with the title..

This is kangaroo journalism, and a junk silly piece of article

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by omolola15(m): 8:45am On Jun 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

E pain am grin
Go to their site and read the full interview, then you'll understand.

What is posted here seriously doesn't make sense. They just keep jumping from 1 point to the other. I was about to say what that guy siad as well. Except the dss part.

Why do I need to go to their site. Why was everything not posted here at least to avoid confusion and unwarranted arguments.

Modified : I just opened the website now and it's the same nonsense here that's also there. I want to see the main reason why APC members are not probed. Not this nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 27, 2016
So....where did the man talk about reason why they are not proving APC...

Hungry bloggers n' lies

7 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by KenModi(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2016
So long you are a member of APC, your sins are forgiven!
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by ayindepremier: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2016
In other news...

3 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by veekid(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2016
Una dey craze
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by three: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Are there no corrupt people in APC??
Several petitions have been written to APC about those corrupt individuals, But as usual, They ignored it.
Besides, most APC members defected from the PDP, So for example, Someone like Amaechi actively participated in the 'looting' of the nation's treasury during his time in PDP, Audu Ogbe inclusive. By defecting to APC, they are now clean, aren't they??
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

19 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by engrflames: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2016
This government is a scalar quantity, magnitude in probe, direction is zero. Soon they will run out of mud to sling on oppositions and perceived rivals.

5 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 27, 2016
because APC = Anti Probe Committee. they can't be probed cos they are probeless.

God help us in this Polarized Nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by SeverusSnape(m): 8:48am On Jun 27, 2016
koboko69:
I have said it before. DSS needs to keep a close watch on Vanguard. The manner at which they report is to stir up anger and instigate violence. They do the same thing when reporting about militants activities.

I read this now, i can't make any meaning out of it,

No reason for not probing

They said he justified FIRS and CBN recruitment, no justifications found in the report.

Then they suddenly have reasons for confab report, which does not even tally with the title..

This is kangaroo journalism, and a junk silly piece of article
E pain am grin

Go to their site and read the full interview, then you'll understand.

9 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

And who told u there is an input of true federalism in that report??
When people said that report is just a jamboree u think they are foolish??
Create 18 more states?? When the one we have can't pay workers
18% for the oil producing states from 13% (well that's OK but not still our problem)
There is almost nothing in that report that will change the Nigerian situation now...
And remember it was supposed to be used as a reference point to constitutional amendment and the national assembly can get a copy and use it not all this noise
what are you talking about? do you have a copy of the report and have you read it? why throw the baby with the bath water? what's wrong with creating new states or do you think that states will have difficulty paying workers if true federalism were to be in place? what I'm saying is that enough of this circle we've been running. There's no reason why the president should fail. we have more than enough in that report to salvage our nation.

2 Likes

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by chimah3(m): 8:49am On Jun 27, 2016
Imagine
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by mrvitalis(m): 8:50am On Jun 27, 2016
rotimileke:

what are you talking about? do you have a copy of the report and have you read it? why throw the baby with the bath water? what's wrong with creating new states or do you think that states will have difficulty paying workers if true federalism were to be in place? what I'm saying is that enough of this circle we've been running. There's no reason why the president should fail. we have more than enough in that report to salvage our nation.
The main aim of the confab was to reduce the tension at that point.. .. Just Google the report and read for ur self..
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF by mrvitalis(m): 8:51am On Jun 27, 2016
rotimileke:

The main aim of the confab was to reduce the tension at that point.. .. Just Google the report and read for ur self..

And please resource control is not our problem... The mentality of our people are

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Recovers Over N1bn Cash From A Civil Servant / 2023: Atiku Officially Declares To Run For Presidency (Video) / Obasanjo: Why I Wanted To Slap My Teacher On My First Day In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.