Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg (1440 Views)

Have You Ever Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil ;) / Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? / African Cuisine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by crescent(f): 11:09am On May 01, 2009
Egg cuisine and its variety discuss here, How do you eat your egg?
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by blackspade(m): 11:27am On May 01, 2009
Scrambled, fried, or hard boiled.
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by Epi: 12:25pm On May 01, 2009
I'll have my egg anyhow - fried, poached, boiled, baked, or scrambled.
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by tpiah: 2:51pm On May 01, 2009
soft boiled or poached.
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by dae(f): 2:58pm On May 01, 2009
Fried -- i like the sunny side up grin
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by TOYOSI20(f): 3:08pm On May 01, 2009
Egg Salad

Scrambled eggs

I love my eggs made in an omelet style its more satisfying for me that way. . . .here's a recipe

INGREDIENTS

* 1 teaspoon butter ~Or Extra Virgin olive Oil~ wink

* 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces ~For Flavour~

* 2 potatoes

* 3 eggs (Or more. . . . grin cheesy)

* salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

Place potatoes in a saucepan covered by lightly salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium,

and simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and allow to cool, then cut into 1/4-inch slices.

Melt the butter (or Olive Oil) in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon strips in the butter until browned, 5 to 7 minutes;

remove bacon and set aside (For added flavor, u can also use turkey bacon, cos its less fatty).

Add the potatoes to the bacon fat and cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes.

Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, and mix with the potatoes and bacon;

allow to cook until eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once. (I love my eggs very well done, so maybe a little browning will do)

Serve hot!!. . . .Bon appetite!! wink cheesy
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by crescent(f): 5:44pm On May 01, 2009
I will share 111 great egg recipes with you in this thread hence will can change from just boiled, fried to over 100 ways of eating your egg with great taste. So here we go,

Recipe 1: EGGS AND CRUMBING

To do this successfully one must prepare a mixture, and not use the
egg alone. If an egg mixture or a croquette is dipped in beaten egg
and rolled in cracker crumbs and dropped into fat, it always has a
greasy covering. This is the wrong way. To do it successfully and have
the articles handsome, beat the egg until well mixed, add a
teaspoonful of olive oil, a tablespoonful of water and a dash of
pepper. Dip the articles into this mixture, and then drop them on
quite a thick bed of either sifted dry bread crumbs or soft white
bread crumbs.
I prefer sifted dry bread crumbs for croquettes, and soft white crumbs
for lobster cutlets and deviled crabs.
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by Hauwa1: 6:17pm On May 01, 2009
i can imagine all the above posters grin farting and spoiling the air around them after a meal of egg grin
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by tpiah: 6:38pm On May 01, 2009
*Hauwa*:

i can imagine all the above posters grin farting and spoiling the air around them after a meal of egg grin

egg only makes you fart in Nigeria. cheesy

overseas, its more likely to reduce gassiness when eaten in moderation grin No idea why.

Dont you see the number of whites scarfing down these things everyday? cheesy
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by SeanT21(f): 6:40pm On May 01, 2009
both.
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by TOYOSI20(f): 4:21am On May 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

I'm wid u on that o jare. . . .that's the aftermath of wacking eggs for real!! cheesy cheesy cheesy, very much like beans!! lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by teissys(f): 8:35am On May 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Lol, Hauwa grin
@ Post. I hate boiled eggs coz I wouldn't wanna run away from myself when I fart. The smell is pungent
The only eggs I can eat are scrambled eggs. I eat that with salad, bread and tea or fresh juice cool

Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by Pepeye(f): 9:39pm On May 02, 2009
all of the above but scrambled egg is it
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by Nobody: 1:07am On May 03, 2009
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by FLGators1: 1:19am On May 05, 2009
@Post
Fried with hot tea and bread. Yum cheesy cheesy

Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by ifyalways(f): 6:33am On May 05, 2009
scrambled with carrots and peas.
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by AmakaOne(f): 9:21am On May 05, 2009
FL Gators!:

@Post
Fried with hot tea and bread. Yum cheesy cheesy

I have to ask,

Why do we call Milo, Bournvita, Ovaltine etc. Tea?

What of Lipton and all those actual "teas"?
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by FLGators1: 11:18pm On May 05, 2009

I have to ask,

Why do we call Milo, Bournvita, Ovaltine etc. Tea?

What of Lipton and all those actual "teas"?

LOL, I seriously don't know.

Naija thing. cheesy
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by mamag3: 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2009
Fried.
Re: Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg by TOYOSI20(f): 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2009
i love mines fried, with every and anything in it, from veggies, to chicken, turkey, sardine, and the whole nine, . . . . wink smiley

(1) (Reply)

Best And Healthiest Way To Cook White Rice For Weight Loss / See Healthy Food You Must Include In Your Diet / Watermelon For N100 Per Ball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.