Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

I Am Just A Civil Servant: Aisha Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Just A Civil Servant: Aisha Abubakar (778 Views)

"MMM Better Than APGA Led Government - A Civil Servant Victim" (Pictured) / "Buhari’s Minister, Aisha-Abubakar, With Body Odour" - YES International / Titans: Miss Aisha Abubakar Of Sokoto State Ministerial Nominee At A Crossroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Just A Civil Servant: Aisha Abubakar by maupe: 10:14am On Oct 20, 2015
Yesterday, the sokoto ministerial nominee, Aisha Abubakar was interviewed by the senate ethics committee, on account of the petition submitted by a sokoto women group, who claim she is not an indigene of Sokoto state, and so should be disqualified. When asked if she had any loyalty to any political party, she replied "no, being a serving public officer"
http://www.africanexaminer.com/ministerial-screening-ethics-committee-submits-report-as-amaechi-aisha-abubakar-face-senate-screening/
But according to the section 147, subsection 5, of the Nigerian constitution: no person shall be appointed as a minister of the government of the federation, unless he is qualified for election as a member of the house of representatives.
http://nigerian-constitution.com/chapter-6-part-1-section-147-ministers-of-federal-government/
The sokoto ministerial nominee probably is very ignorant of the constitution, and so can be forgiven for her apparent unintelligence, but the fact that her legal advisors, who should know better, did not deter her from making such an ignoble statement is shocking. It speaks volumes of how low our education system has become. It also shows the low IQ of APC members. The senate should reject her nomination, because if not, this ignorant woman will embarrass all women sometime in the future, in her capacity as a minister.
Re: I Am Just A Civil Servant: Aisha Abubakar by dazdilijae(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2015
Re: I Am Just A Civil Servant: Aisha Abubakar by 9jatriot(m): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2015
I am not sure that section of the constitution implies you being a member of a political party. As a civil servant she is not suppose to be a member of a political party according to civil service law. So even if she is a member, she could not possibly publicly claim to be.

When Soludo was appointed in 1999, he came straight from the classroom and could not possibly have been a member of a party at that time. Also with NOI, she came straight from the world bank and was not a member of a political party.

If we say we want technocrats to be ministers, that means we should choose from a pool of people who have succeeded in their various endeavors to bring their experiences to bear.
Re: I Am Just A Civil Servant: Aisha Abubakar by hinwazaka: 10:37am On Oct 20, 2015
9jatriot:
I am not sure that section of the constitution implies you being a member of a political party. As a civil servant she is not suppose to be a member of a political party according to civil service law. So even if she is a member, she could not possibly publicly claim to be.

When Soludo was appointed in 1999, he came straight from the classroom and could not possibly have been a member of a party at that time. Also with NOI, she came straight from the world bank and was not a member of a political party.

If we say we want technocrats to be ministers, that means we should choose from a pool of people who have succeeded in their various endeavors to bring their experiences to bear.
The OP is correct. The constitution is evidently clear, If there is a lacuna in that section of the constitution, then it could have been abused if Aisha did not mention it. She did, and that was her stup1dity.
Re: I Am Just A Civil Servant: Aisha Abubakar by jaybanfa(m): 10:40am On Oct 20, 2015
Ah ah @OP, the constitution was referring to age an education not party status of a ministerial nominee..
Re: I Am Just A Civil Servant: Aisha Abubakar by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2015
I am only here to see who the actual fool is
Re: I Am Just A Civil Servant: Aisha Abubakar by hinwazaka: 10:54am On Oct 20, 2015
jaybanfa:
Ah ah @OP, the constitution was referring to age an education not party status of a ministerial nominee..
Read it well. It referred to age and political affiliation.
Re: I Am Just A Civil Servant: Aisha Abubakar by egift(m): 10:59am On Oct 20, 2015
IyaIode:
I am only here to see who the actual fool is

The WailingOP is the one disgracing himself all over the Internet. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Just In: IPOB Orlu Protest Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu / Flash Back! Ifeduba Warned Nigerians In 2014 About Rise Of Biafra If Buhari Win / CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.