Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,031 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe (773 Views)

Buhari Blasted Obasanjo In 2003 For Spending 110 Days Globe-Trotting (Throwback) / Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" / Buhari And Sheriff's Campaign Poster In 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by kahal29: 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
The former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday Peter Orubebe, Monday, tied the allegations of wrong assets declaration and bribery being levelled against him by the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, to a diligent role he played as an agent of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, at the presidential election result collation Center in Abuja.

Elder Orubebe, who was reacting to the invitation extended to him to appear before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, on November 9, 2015 to answer to the allegations, noted that his prosecutors are looking for something out of nothing to dent his hard earned integrity.

Orubebe, while defending the actions he termed as his ‘unequivocal loyalty’ to former President Goodluck Jonathan, pointed out that, no amount of intimidation will force him to compromise standards.

The former minister who wondered why he has become the demolition target of some political powers in the country because of his role at the collection Center where he sought for fairness and justice, said, “I will never compromise standards even when all odds are against him.”

He said he does not regret working for Jonathan the same way he does not regret supporting incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari in 2003 as state Chairman of ANPP in Delta State.

He said, ‘it is no longer news that I supported President Muhammadu Buhari committedly and deligently when I was the state Chairman of ANPP in Delta State where I worked hard with nine (9) other state chairmen to ensure PMB’s emergence as party flag bearer in 2003.’
The former minister who recalled that he visited Dutse in late night because of PMB in 2003 said, it is wrong to attempt to humiliate a just man who contributed so much to set the country on the path of greatness but visiting the creeks to preach peace and the need to embrace ceasefire, a feat that has better the nation’s lot.

Orubebe who believes that his prosecutors are looking for something out of nothing to dent his hard earned integrity said, ‘Nigerians are witnesses to the litany of illegalities being woven by desperate politicians.
This bunch of allegations of bribery and others levelled against me and my trial in the public domain is an attempt to rob me of my respect and am not unaware that I became the prime demolition target because of my overt and unalloyed support for former President Jonathan.

He said, ‘if for the show of loyalty to former President Jonathan and my party that am being lynched, then, the decision on appropriate reaction belongs to sincere Nigerians.

On the alleged bribe of N50m, he said, as a minister of God, I built a Christian Center which I named ‘Glory Sanctuary’ a semi Christian library and a sort of Bethel for pastors and Christians. As a founder, I inspected their financial book and discovered a huge N20m in their account and demanded to know the source.
I was told it was a Nicodemus ‘seed faith’ from the petitioner and I quickly ordered them to refund the money on October 23, and later to the petitioner on October 24 of the same 2012 .’

“The bank statements are there as evidence and even the EFCC and the Force Headquarters can be contacted to ascertain my facts,” he stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/cct-i-worked-for-buhari-in-2003-as-i-did-for-jonathan-orubebe/
Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
kahal29:

On the alleged bribe of N50m, he said, as a minister of God, I built a Christian Center which I named ‘Glory Sanctuary’ a semi Christian library and a sort of Bethel for pastors and Christians. As a founder, I inspected their financial book and discovered a huge N20m in their account and demanded to know the source.
I was told it was a Nicodemus ‘seed faith’ from the petitioner and I quickly ordered them to refund the money on October 23, and later to the petitioner on October 24 of the same 2012 .’
Churches be laundering money with the Blood of Jesus since the time of Eledumare..
Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by ricsman(m): 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
hmmmhmmmhmm
this man may not be guilty if the 20m is true

keep this fact till 9th

the truth will set you free

1 Like

Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by BALLOSKI: 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
In 2007, Chief Godsday Orubebe was confirmed and actually appointed by President Umaru Yar’adua but when he arrived for the swearing-in with a huge entourage of drummers, he was told to leave the hall.

I can't help but wonder what sort of a man is orubebe.
Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
story story, story...once upon a time...
Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by stcool(m): 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
I do not expect much from a set of clowns that still believe Gen. Abacha did not steal....they are hunting any thing hunt able.
Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by kokoA(m): 8:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
Gerara here mehn.. tell it to the judge.

1 Like

Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by mazeltov(m): 8:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
So? You were accused of orubebing our money and you are here talking trash. Oga go face panel jor

1 Like

Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by eyeview: 8:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
I think this is unfair.
Can someone tell me why this man is being persecuted for an alleged offence in 2003 while Rotimi Amechi whose corruption charges are still fresh gets ministeral appointment?
Anyway,its easy to see that the CCT is in somebody's hands,someone who directs it as he willeth. Very soon,the person will be unmasked
Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by BALLOSKI: 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2015

On the alleged bribe of N50m, he said, as a minister of God, I built a Christian Center which I named ‘Glory Sanctuary’ a semi Christian library and a sort of Bethel for pastors and Christians.

Tell us the one you built as a minister under Jonathan.

I never knew he was once in ANPP as a chairman and even worked for BUHARI at some points. But one thing I don't seem to understand is why he would work to set the whole nation on fire when he saw the same man winning in election his boss would later concede defeat . I guess it was about losing his food and source of looting which is fostered by having a pdp in government.

*in pastor nguru's voice* God forbid!
Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by neolboy(m): 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
Don't mind the people trying hard to witch hunt you
Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by Dannyset(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
And Orubebe is talking about his image being dented by CCT! Huh? This same man that has single handedly crush himself during the Jega-Orubebe saga.
What we are saying is, go and defend yourself and forget about witch-hunt. If ur not a witch, why afraid of the hunting part?
Re: CCT: I Worked For Buhari In 2003 As I Did For Jonathan – Orubebe by BALLOSKI: 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
eyeview:
I think this is unfair.
Can someone tell me why this man is being persecuted for an alleged offence in 2003 while Rotimi Amechi whose corruption charges are still fresh gets ministeral appointment?
Anyway,its easy to see that the CCT is in somebody's hands,someone who directs it as he willeth. Very soon,the person will be unmasked
take Amaechi to court if you have anything against him.

(1) (Reply)

Pic: Goodluck Jonathan Still Nigeria's President On His Verified Facebook Page / Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria’s Finance Minister Unfit For The New Job - The Economist / SEE : Photo From The Accident In Ajah This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.