Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? (872 Views)

Ayoka Lawani, PDP Member Defects To APC!! / Where Is Mrs Buhari? / Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by babalobi(m): 2:20pm On May 01, 2009
She resigned claiming under pressure, and also withdrew her letter of resignation under pressure. What sort of a woman is she?
http://assemblyonline.info
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On May 01, 2009
@Poster, She is a Nigerian, better still, a female human being, prone to making mistakes. I happen to believe her resignation stunt this last weekend may have been too much but I understand it means to be human. Now, I am not saying I know why she did what she did, nor am I saying she ought not to face teh consequences of her actions but, who knows, it could have been stress.

There is no record of this same woman stating she wanted to be a heroine, so I don’t think the question you ask is fair. She never asked the Nigerian people to judge what happened the way they chose to. In fact, I will go a step further and say we caused most of this. If some Nigerians had not immediately labeled her a heroine from the start, before serious details of what happened was revealed, I don’t think there would have been need for you to ask this question. 

We painted her a heroine out of some desperate need for a messiah of some sort and so, I think the question we ought to ask at this time is why we individually felt she deserved to be a called a heroine. This is more a call for reflection.

All we heard was that she resigned because, according to her, there was election fraud and threats to her life, but almost immediately, we started commending her and calling her a heroine.  There were so many apparent holes in her story that needed to be filled from the get go. She lobbied for the job, and inherited all the risks that came with it from day one; she must have known of all that she would have had to deal with from day one. She was involved in getting Oni in office in the first place and there were reports that that election was rigged and she never explained why her conscience let her announce those results. Two years later, she is in position of control; a position she could have easily used to expose all who opposed any choice she may have made to respect the people’s mandate second time around. She was in charge of reporting back to the government, hence to the people, what happened and what characters tried to impede the process, but she chose to resign when the heat was turned on her.

Personally, I am glad she is back in office cause I would rather the right people go down as heroes; the last thing we need is former culprits choosing to play the same card as the one this woman played last weekend, in hopes that the Nigerian people will gullibly label them heroes in the process. She does have a second chance to prove to us what she is really made off. She has a second chance now to prove that she really has a conscience and she is not just a word-of-mouth Christian; she has a chance to shine now. And I believe it is high-time we reflect on the standards by which we judge our so-called heroes.
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On May 01, 2009
She made a mistake to have left, however, if she is back, that is nice, so tell her to do the right thing and announce the result of the elections.
It took how long to count and release the election of the whole nation in 2007, so how come it is taking forever for just a state.
There is need for more transparency
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by argent(f): 3:08pm On May 01, 2009
babalobi:

She resigned claiming under pressure, and also withdrew her letter of resignation under pressure. What sort of a woman is she?
http://assemblyonline.info

I believe she did what she had to do,considering the pressure that led to her resignation, the involvment of okiro and probably threats to her life and her family members.
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Fhemmmy: 3:19pm On May 01, 2009
argent:

I believe she did what she had to do,considering the pressure that led to her resignation, the involvment of okiro and probably threats to her life and her family members.

Now that she is back, can she please, release the result of the election.
While away, who has been in charge?
Who knows where the result are kept?
Can they have a recount -- what am i saying, isnt there ghost voters in Nigeria?

Na wa for them jare.
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Eziachi: 3:22pm On May 01, 2009
Is she a heroine  or a coward? or just a cow?
Well! it depends about what time, day or hour that you read about her and her actions. Because one minute she has resigned because she doesn't want her name soiled along with election riggers and the next minute she reappeared and claimed to still belonging to the rigging family, everything is KAMPE, no shaking and she is going back to work she told us.

She is just a typical Nigerian, they know what the right thing is, will love to be heros of doing the right thing, will dream about it, will test the water of doing the right thing but when it comes to the crunch, boy! they are spineless.

Some of the lack of spine emanate from not knowing their rights, shaky principle, the mentality that executive powers of govt means the power of the almighty. If not, how on earth will a resident electoral commisioner happened to tender her letter of resignation to the president? For what reason? Was she appointed by ASO ROCK? If she knew her right despite her age, she should have written to the INEC as a body, not even Maurice. Even the law enforcer, Okiro threatening the poor cow with arrest, as if resigning from a job has become a criminal offence. Haba!!!
Even for Yar Adua to refuse he letter of resignation makes a mockery of Nigeria and it's version of democrazy. When he should have told her that she is writing to the wrong person or the wrong office, which was exactly what she did.   Maybe a copy of the letter to the presidency just for references, yes, but telling Umaru that she is resigning is pure ignorance as it has nothing to do with him.

Even when they refused her letter of resignation, if she really means business about her integrity, she should have turn around and tell them, well since you refused, then I quit. You cannot stop a person from quiting his job, not even in North Korea.
Now she is back to work, what is she going to do after all that she had  said about fake results?
She can't announce a result she told us was fake now, can she?
But Knowing Nigeria, that won't be impossible for her to do, it's a land were you can turn electric into candle and no one will notice.
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Fhemmmy: 3:32pm On May 01, 2009
Eziachi:

Well! it depends about what time, day or hour that you read about her and her actions. Because one minute she has resigned because she doesn't want her name soiled along with election riggers and the next minute she reappeared and claimed to still belonging to the rigging family, everything is KAMPE, no shaking and she is going back to work she told us.

She is just a typical Nigerian, they know what the right thing is, will love to be heros of doing the right thing, will dream about it, will test the water of doing the right thing but when it comes to the crunch, boy! they are spineless.

Some of the lack of spine emanate from not knowing their rights, shaky principle, the mentality that executive powers of govt means the power of the almighty. If not, how on earth will a resident electoral commisioner happened to tender her letter of resignation to the president? For what reason? Was she appointed by ASO ROCK? If she knew her right despite her age, she should have written to the INEC as a body, not even Maurice. Even the law enforcer, Okiro threatening the poor cow with arrest, as if resigning from a job has become a criminal offence. Haba!!!
Even for Yar Adua to refuse he letter of resignation makes a mockery of Nigeria and it's version of democrazy. When he should have told her that she is writing to the wrong person or the wrong office, which was exactly what she did.   Maybe a copy of the letter to the presidency just for references, yes, but telling Umaru that she is resigning is pure ignorance as it has nothing to do with him.

Even when they refused her letter of resignation, if she really means business about her integrity, she should have turn around and tell them, well since you refused, then I quit. You cannot stop a person from quiting his job, not even in North Korea.
Now she is back to work, what is she going to do after all that she had  said about fake results?
But Knowing Nigeria, that won't be impossible for her to do, it's a land were you can turn electric into candle and no one will notice.

All these na story.
Let them just release the result.
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by jimmysho(m): 4:07pm On May 01, 2009
wit fairness to d woman, i do not think or believe that she is coward. even d question of her status (heroine or coward) do not arise in d 1st instance. the problem wit d ekiti situation is a battle of might by d 2 political in preparation toward d almighty 2011. d poor woman is jst a victim of 2 elephants. now 2 real issue, PDP want winning at all cost wish i think is imposicant

Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Moves: 4:37pm On May 01, 2009
Eziachi:

Excellent
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Fhemmmy: 8:29pm On May 01, 2009
I have said mine and i am still saying it, declare the winner
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by McKren(m): 8:49pm On May 01, 2009
u can make of her what u like

But the future of this country depends on us and not a 74year old

She has contributed her bit to Nation building

What u make of it is entirely up to you.
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by McKren(m): 8:54pm On May 01, 2009
The woman is no victim ,

Ekiti and Nigeria are the true victim
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Eziachi: 4:43pm On May 06, 2009
Eziachi:

If you did not read the above post I posted a couple of days ago, then nicely read it now because when I wrote it some people wanted to yank my head off and were busy singing the praises of naive Mrs Adebayo, who changes her stance and principle more than she changes her underpant. I said it then that Nigerian wants to be heros or to be celebrated as heros but when it comes to the crunch of what a hero is all about, they are totally spineless. I don't know why Nigerians never learn from the past and the pattern of event in that god forsaken country. Once Mrs Christian Good concience was harrassed out of her hidding by henchman Okiro and then declared herself as still a member of INEC family, surely, everyone must have known that electric will turn into candle and that was exactly what happened.

An election result her christian concience did not allow her to announce few days ago has suddenly change so much for her to announce it a couple of day later once her satisfied concience was appeased at the alta of primate Iwu, Okiro and corrupt Yar Adua.

Now, the the usual drama will kick start, some people will burn tyres on the street and make some noise to protest the result, some unlucky ones will go to their early grave from trigger happy police bullet, a ready made and ready do anything chief judge will swear Oni into office, religious people will pray for him to live long, AC will cry foul and go to court and it will take one year before the corrupt judiciary nominate judges to start the case and it will take two year to reach a verdict of which the loser will go to the appeal court and by the time they comes to verdict, it will be close to three years and maybe another re-run and Oni might like that as he will start afresh again and by the time he finished, he will ruling Ekiti for close to 10 years and that is, if the opposition are not still appealling.

And who can predict that before the end comes to an end that Fayemi and his group will not return to the family( the PDP)? As he will shake hand and hug Oni and suddenly, everything is forgotten.
That is typical damned Nigeria at work.
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Edoji: 4:46pm On May 06, 2009
None of the above; ie, neither a heroine nor a coward, she simply wana save her neck, and make a little dough in the process. If na you nko? grin cheesy wink
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Ijawman(m): 5:59pm On May 06, 2009
She is bloody coward and a money-for-hand Yoruba 'octagenarian'. Ekitis are losers and will remain so for life. PDP hurray!
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by las240s(m): 6:09pm On May 06, 2009
she will never know peace infact i am sure her concience will now start pricking her more than before to such extend that she will still make an open confession quote me
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by FLGators1: 11:46pm On May 06, 2009
She did what the president ought to do: RESIGN
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by 9ja4eva: 6:00am On May 07, 2009
BLOODY COWARD AND A DISGRACE TO HER FAMILY
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by Nobody: 6:56am On May 07, 2009
9ja4eva:

BLOODY COWARD AND A DISGRACE TO HER FAMILY

No, she is not a coward, she is a fraudstar. If she was a coward, she wouldnt have gone back to validate a flawed election result in the mist of death threats.
Ekiti people are the cowards.
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by kosovo(m): 7:26am On May 07, 2009
do you know what it means to be Delceared wanted by the NO 1 citizen through the Inspector General of police?
you guys have no idea.
She is not a coward, WE ARE the cowards, we talk as if we do not know what she passed through, if you were to be in her shoes can you say no? Now that we knew what happened, why didn't we come out and say NO? if there was a FIVE (5) MILLION match nation wide, protesting the election, do you  think there wouldn't be a change, but who would lead the protest? huh? me? nah. the only thing we can do is to keep making noise, like GANI. NIGERIANS SHOULD HIDE THEMSLEVES IN SHAME, AND KEEP WAITING FOR CHANGE TO COME BU IT SELF.
LET's not fight and keep spamming the internent with baseless arguments and counter arguments.
Ekiti is not to blame, THE ENTIRE NIGERIA IS TO BLAME.
NIGERIA IS A BUNDLE OF WASTE!
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by kosovo(m): 11:06pm On May 07, 2009
?
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by FLGators1: 12:38am On May 08, 2009
The woman is no victim ,

Ekiti and Nigeria are the true victim

Thank You.

@Nuzo
How do you define cowards?

One that firmly protest (even if naked) for peace and reform in their state?
One that tries as much as it can to be heard?

Coward, you are. For having the audacity to talk about being a coward when you continue to hide in China and spew the rubbish you fear to do in Nigeria. Now, that's a true coward kiss kiss
Re: Is Mrs Ayoka Adebayo A Heroine Or A Coward? by kosovo(m): 6:45am On May 08, 2009
exactly

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Re-orientation Program / Egba Muslims Eulogise Bankole / Obasanjo Invests In Ethiopia, Buys 20,000sqm Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.