Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri (10673 Views)

The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Need I remind You that Am not 100% Urhobo ?.. Its not a matter of Urhobo.. just trying to build the unity Of Our People (Ijaw, Urhobo , Itsekiri)

Itsekiri don't need to speak Urhobo (We all know there language is more Yoruba ) for Urhobo to understand them, That y I said, Blood is thicker than water

Seen, Afam4ever, Lalasticlala oya do the needful na
my brother, i am urhobo from okpe . we are Hebrew Israelites in the Bible. all West Africans and Bantus in Africa that have E1B1A are the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible. we came from Israel. please click to this Facebook page :- https://m.facebook.com/e1b1ahaplogroupnation?__tn__=C . ask the Genetics Doctor, he will explain everything to you all . Shalom
Re: Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 27, 2015
Akpobaro:
all West Africans and Bantus in Africa that have E1B1A are the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible. we came from Israel. please click to this Facebook page :- https://m.facebook.com/e1b1ahaplogroupnation?__tn__=C . ask the Genetics Doctor, he will explain everything to you all . Shalom

Oga am not from Isreal, stop all this lies.. be proud of your people grin

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Oga am not from Isreal, stop all this lies.. be proud of your people grin
ok, read this in the Bible. Song of Solomon 1:5-6 and Job 30:30 and click on that site.
Re: Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri by aljharem(m): 9:08am On Oct 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

I can't speak for all itsekiri, But @bolded I don't think so.. the itsekiri have always maintained they are Itsekiri and not Yoruba.. If any Itsekiri claims they are Yoruba then its for political Reasons (e.g Oritsefemi, Omawunmi) I even heard tiwa savage is itsekiri, But that will be Topic for another day, Although Yoruba see itsekiri as there kin and kith

good, first if all Oritsefemi speaks yoruba as his first language. Fact !!!

Secondly Tiwa Savage is from Lagos Island and my town to be precise so she is yoruba

Thirdly yorubas have never claimed itsekiris but it is the other way around. We respect and enjoy our relationship with itsekiris and edos.

Although I have to stop your assertion that some ilajes don't claim yoruba. It is only on nairaland you hear such. It was also only on nairaland you hear aworis/egun are not Yoruba but claim a distinct ethnic group or claim ijaw

From Badagry in Lagos (awori-egun) to okitipupa in border of ondo and delta (ilaje) we are all yorubas. Ijaws in ondo migrated there and they admitted it but we are accommodating to accept them because they do not cause trouble.

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
lalasticlala, ishilove, farano, seun abeg nor forget this thread abeg... pls and pls.. do this for us ..

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:15pm On May 16, 2022
Itsekiris have more light skinned people than Urhobos. grin. This is mainly because the Itsekiris were open to the Portuguese while the Urhobos were running away from them...

grin grin grin grin

Since one chief dey front Awori-Egun make I also flaunt Hausa-Egun na grin grin grin but on a norms, guy man suppose enter home this north no be am walahi

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties / Japanese Names & African Names / !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.