Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,293 members, 7,839,439 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God (36801 Views)

Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods / 6 Nigerian Kings With The Prettiest Wives (photos) / Arnado Debbo: Adamawa Community Where Only Women Can Rule (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
[quote author=stexsy post=39203327][/quote]

o jes
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by kraftykc(m): 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

It doesn't defy logic.
They were worshiped by your ancestors and your ancestors didn't pose any threat to them. Move them to a place like nairaland front page where everyone is ready to kill and cook, and watch them become aggressive.

What defies logic is how people believe that A Jew, who they never saw, met or interacted with died for their sins and will come back with a spaceboat to transport them to Heaven where his Father has built mansions for them.

Lol, I'm a practicing Christian but even i agree that it is illogical. That said, I do it and I accept it.

The traditions of the people should be respected, but burning churches and the likes is not the way to go.
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by joyjoomla(m): 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Ibo with their culture.

I hate snakes with passion.
Baby, u hate or fear snake ?
Really the tradition is obsolete and should have bn dumped in colonial dustbeing
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
kraftykc:

Lol, I'm a practicing Christian but even i agree that it is illogical. That said, I do it and I accept it.

The traditions of the people should be respected, but burning churches and the likes is not the way to go.
Cool. I agree. Although churches burn more shrines daily, and the way Nollywood projects our traditional institutions as evil, outdated, fetish etc is frankly appalling.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by bezimo(m): 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
To think that this rubbish happens in a 21st century is most appalling. I thought this idol/demonic practices happen only in Yoruba land not knowing that in places in Enugu, we can find such.What kind of culture is this? Worshiping snakes as idols and to even think they are the forefathers of the people.Can Backwardness be more exemplified than that.A culture that promotes idol worship or backward practices is rubbish and must be abolished.Its suprising that people can be so daft and brainwashed to think that a reptile is something to be revered.
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
bezimo:
To think that this rubbish happens in a 21st century is most appalling. I thought this idol/demonic practices happen only in Yoruba land not knowing that in places in Enugu, we can find such.What kind of culture is this? Worshiping snakes as idols and to even think they are the forefathers of the people.Can Backwardness be more exemplified than that.A culture that promotes idol worship or backward practices is rubbish and must be abolished.Its suprising that people can be so daft and brainwashed to think that a reptile is something to be revered.
same way we were brainwashed into believing in the Jewish god
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Franzinni: 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

It doesn't defy logic.
They were worshiped by your ancestors and your ancestors didn't pose any threat to them. Move them to a place like nairaland front page where everyone is ready to kill and cook, and watch them become aggressive.

What defies logic is how people believe that A Jew, who they never saw, met or interacted with died for their sins and will come back with a spaceboat to transport them to Heaven where his Father has built mansions for them.
you guys should get a room! Snakes are simply...... Snakes!
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by spadar4u(m): 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Ibo with their culture.

I hate snakes with passion.
Leave them with their culture and face your own culture. must you comment? dirty tribe. smh
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by Luckymay(f): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
Op...its not Akineze..., its Akaeze
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by carix10(m): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
lol
Re: Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God by diva2011(f): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2015
In 2007 during our NYSC orientation at Agwu camp ,we were also warned about that village and how they worship those snakes. Thanks to God I was not posted there for my primary assignment , I was ready to become a farmer of Lemon grass cultivation and fumigate my environment with any thing that will kill the useless barbaric rubbish snake....awon weree!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

King Making In Igbo Lands / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Wives Attend Juma'at Prayers (Photos) / 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.