Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna (688 Views)

How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones / KIDNAP: I Slept On Bare Ground, Trekked Several Kilometres — Falae / REVEALED: How Jonathan’s Security Chiefs Bungled War Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna by congoshine(m): 10:47am On May 02, 2009
This woman was really lucky the kidnapper didn't kill her,but instead ran away. That the police is inept is no news,but that they could risk someone's life is a whole new ball game.

May God help us.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=142287
Re: How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna by proudly9ja(m): 11:00am On May 02, 2009
Nawao, Why do we always see only the negative side of things? I shouldn't even be glorifying this thread with a response but Im hoping maybe my post will make you change your views bout issues relating to Nigeria.

The police helped free the kidnapped lady without paying a kobo to the kidnappers and you say they almost bungled it? Every newspaper report Ive read including the one you referenced gave kudos to the police for what they did but all you can say is they almost bungled it? What else did you expect them to do? Infact typing this response is really working my nerves up
Re: How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna by ElRazur: 11:02am On May 02, 2009
Yeah the police messed up? So what? Focus should be on the fact that no monies ever exchanged hands, and the captive is alive. Jeez.

Police "nearly" messing up is for the internal enquiry of the police force to debate over, not for me as far as am concerned.
Re: How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna by congoshine(m): 11:10am On May 02, 2009
Imagine if she had been shot. The point is we should avoid such msisteps,the next person may not be so lucky that my point.
Re: How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna by ElRazur: 11:13am On May 02, 2009
congoshine:

Imagine if she had been shot. The point is we should avoid such msisteps,the next person may not be so lucky that my point.

Noting to imagine. smiley

Your point is to try and cause the usual boring and repetitive debate of how the police are rubbish in Nigeria. It aint the first time people are kidnapped in the world and it won't be the last.
Re: How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna by congoshine(m): 8:41pm On May 02, 2009
ElRazur:

Noting to imagine. smiley

Your point is to try and cause the usual boring and repetitive debate of how the police are rubbish in Nigeria. It aint the first time people are kidnapped in the world and it won't be the last.

Might bore you,but doesn't remove from the fact her life was put at risk by ineptitude.

So what do u expect? I should congratulate them for a job well done? undecided
Re: How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna by ElRazur: 9:16pm On May 02, 2009
congoshine:

Might bore you,but doesn't remove from the fact her life was put at risk by ineptitude.

So what do u expect? I should congratulate them for a job well done? undecided

Some would argue that given the training and resources available to them, they did a good job. smiley
Re: How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna by congoshine(m): 9:22pm On May 02, 2009
ElRazur:

Some would argue that given the training and resources available to them, they did a good job. smiley

You have a point there . . . . . wink

(1) (Reply)

Plateau Insists Deported Fulani Were Aliens / Soludo Is The Best Thing To Have Happenned To Nigeria-senate President / Human Vultures Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.