Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria (689 Views)

MEND Endorses Buhari, Accuses President Jonathan Of Failing Nigeria -premiumtime / MEND Endorses Buhari, Accuses President Jonathan Of Failing Nigeria / MEND Endorses Buhari, Accuses President Jonathan Of Failing Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by ndomadu: 10:55am On Aug 28, 2009
Yes! Naija is a failed state we all know.But seriously speaking are their any option to salvage this country?
Re: How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
Why are you opening threads all over the place? How did you come to the conclusion that Nigeria has failed? Have you yourself tried your part to fight the failure? Or are you just here to spout what many have chosen to without ever feeling they have any responsibility when it comes to changing things in Nigeria?
Re: How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by ndomadu: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
@kobo,
i will like to know the part you have played in salvaging the situation and i mean no harm
Re: How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2009
ndomadu:

@kobo,
i will like to know the part you have played in salvaging the situation and i mean no harm

I have not played my part yet as a citizen, and that is why I am UNABLE to claim it is FAILED. You are the one claiming it is FAILED already somehow suggesting You have actually tried to work against it failing before giving up to conclude it is beyond you.

By the way, in a democracy, casting a vote once or twice a year is not even close to all this system of government REQUIRES of citizens.
Re: How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by ndomadu: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2009
@kobo'junkie
i don't care if you close your eyes and tell me it is open!Even the blind can see that naija has collapsed and failed! Tell me one thing that is still working in this country apart from BRT!!.Am i the one to pay ASUU, repair federal roads,create jobs for thousands of unemployed graduates,provide social services and conduct credible democratic elections!
Tell me one thing that drives your conviction that this country hasn't failed aside from recovery of non-performing loans by sanusi??
Re: How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by DOW(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2009
We still have one leader and no war yet.
Re: How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2009
ndomadu:

@kobo'junkie
i don't care if you close your eyes and tell me it is open!Even the blind can see that naija has collapsed and failed! Tell me one thing that is still working in this country apart from BRT!!.Am i the one to pay ASUU, repair federal roads,create jobs for thousands of unemployed graduates,provide social services and conduct credible democratic elections!
Aarrggh!!! The classic “It is SOMEBODY else responsible, even when NOBODY seems to be doing it” cheesy

ndomadu:
Tell me one thing that drives your conviction that this country hasn't failed aside from recovery of non-performing loans by sanusi??
Well, for one, I have yet to say anything about my conviction. I have simply asked you by what authority or what right do you have to make such a claim as the one you have been making so far, when it is almost clear you have done NOTHING for your part in a DEMOCRACTIC system.

Democracy – Government FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE!!!

If the people DO NOTHING, how is a democratic system to work? If ALL the people come in to say that all they can do is cast their votes, and nothing else, then have the people truly played their part in the system? How can a system survive if EVERYBODY expects SOMEBODY ELSE to do the work REQUIRED of ALL THE PEOPLE?
Re: How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by C2H5OH(f): 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2009
Complete overhaul of your government might go a long way in giving your country new life.
Re: How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by Jaybee2412(m): 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2009
Start by thinking about what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you. I pledge not to be unemployed for a single day even if I were to be pure water seller though I am a graduate.
Re: How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by sjeezy8: 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2009
Follow Fashola and Lagos sate
They are dancing to their own tune  cool

While most Nigerian states are depending solely on oil moneyfrom the Fed Govt, Lagos state is doing other things.

The  fed government has made it clear, that they are not obligated to created jobs and technically they're right.
Most Nigerians wanted the government to have close to 0% with the private business sector taxing.

An overwhelmingly amount of Nigerian graduates graduated with business administration/MBAs for the purpose of being in business privately. Since private sector isn't taxed like governement jobs, there would seemingly be more money to be made.
But its not that simple as they thought.( just look at yankee) shocked
Those who have jobs and are working are civil servants. most

Nigerians should invest money in private industries for new jobs, esp for those MBA/ business administration
jobless graduates. Also increase civil servant pay or reduce their taxing, so the private and public sectors will balance out. WAY TO MANY BUSINESS PEOPLE IN NIGERIA.
Also Too many rich people who invest money outside Nigeria, creating jobs elsewhere
Abiola and Dangote didn't just sit on there money they invested in Nigeria.
Re: How Do We Salvage This Failing Nigeria by ndomadu: 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2009
@kobojunkie
it is now clear you r not a nigerian!

@jaybee2412
to be frank what can one really do for a country that has no tangible plan for one? That popular phrase only works in the western world

(1) (Reply)

An Ode To Gani Oyeshola Fawehinmi / Libya Deports 140 Nigerians Daily / Will Yar Adua Declare His Own Independence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.