Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? (2204 Views)

Be Honest, Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? / Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari / Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by semochendo1(m): 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
Recently, many have accused a ministerial nominee, Bar. Bayo Shittu, for reserving his comment on BH for the sake of his life and that of his family. He was greatly scolded and for that reason,I want to ask this question that demands a sincere and elaborate response.

1. Can you die for this country?
2. Why?
3. List 3 people who have died for this country and tell me how they've been immortalized/celebrated.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Singingbae(m): 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
No!!!! I'd better than for Somalia
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ajebuter(f): 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
Die for this fuucked-up country?

I dey craze?
grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by jaymejate: 10:30pm On Oct 21, 2015
Those wey die for Nigeria that time, what honour did they get?

Better to go and die for Afghanistan or Pakistan.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by abduljabbar4(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
Some fools ^^^^ there

I can die for my country. If its bad its our responsibility to get things right.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by baralatie(m): 10:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chief Awolowo
Sir Herbert Macaulay
HRH sultan Dan fodio
Sir Tafawa Balewa
HRH Nnamdi Azikiwe
and all members of Nigeria House of 1960

(rtrd) Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo (NArmy )
(rtd) Gen. Ibrahim Babangida(NArmy)
late(rtd) Gen. Murtala Mohammed(NArmy)
and all military personnel for the unification of one Nigeria.

Prof. (Dr) Olukoye Ransome Kuti (late)
Chief M.K.O Abiola(late)
Chief Mrs Kudirat Abiola(late)

and all professional personnel who contributed one way and another for the peace,unification and progress of Nigeria.

God Bless you all.

God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by fistonati(m): 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
Way not? I don't have to list reasons, my country is worth dying for if it means setting it on the rightful path.

Teni ni teni, t'akisa ni t'aatan. Bi Omo eni k'ose'di be ere, akii fi ileke s'idi omo elomiran.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 22, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Some fools ^^^^ there

I can die for my country. If its bad its our responsibility to get things right.
By tribalism I think!
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by mensdept: 1:19am On Oct 22, 2015
baralatie:
Chief Awolowo
Sir Herbert Macaulay
HRH sultan Dan fodio
Sir Tafawa Balewa
HRH Nnamdi Azikiwe
Chief M.K.O Abiola(late)
and all professional personnel who contributed one way and another for the peace,unification and progress of Nigeria.
God Bless you all.
God Bless Nigeria.

How did Zik or Awo die for Nigeria? Dont be stupid.

And those military men? They didnt die for Nigeria, only how to loot Nigeria. So the question is would one die in the hope of looting the British created ZOO

5 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Scholes007(m): 2:26am On Oct 22, 2015
i cant not and will never die for nigeria of today instead i will sell it to the highest bider

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by likila: 2:58am On Oct 22, 2015
abacha, danjumma, obasanjo and david mark are great Nigeria heroes.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by baralatie(m): 9:04am On Oct 22, 2015
mensdept:

And those military men? They didnt die for Nigeria, only how to loot Nigeria. So the question is would one die in the hope of looting the British created ZOO
Chief Obafemi Awolowo and HRH Nnamdi Azikiwe were part of the numerous individuals who made sure that Nigeria became a sovereign nation without the use of the gun and they were successful at it.

those military men were the ones that ensured that Nigeria was rescued from self centered,tribalistic gun running military officers who nearly placed Nigeria in the path of death! but those military men from Nigerian prevailed
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Balkan(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Yarribas can die for one Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by semochendo1(m): 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
likila:

Ahahahahha,you no try oo. grin
likila:

Ahahahahha,you no try oo.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by bonnelblack(m): 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
semochendo1:
Recently, many have accused a ministerial nominee, Bar. Bayo Shittu, for reserving his comment on BH for the sake of his life and that of his family. He was greatly scolded and for that reason,I want to ask this question that demands a sincere and elaborate response.

1. Can you die for this country?
2. Why?
3. List 3 people who have died for this country and tell me how they've been immortalized/celebrated.

Thanks.

If you cannot die for your country, which country are you prepared to die for?

Is it that you value your life more than your country?

What about the countless soldiers and others that have died for Nigeria willingly?

Must you make sacrifice for your country in return for a posthumous award for bravery?

If so, you need your country more than your country needs you, parasitic coward!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by semochendo1(m): 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
bonnelblack:

If you cannot die for your country, which country are you prepared to die for?

Is it that you value your life more than your country?

What about the countless soldiers and others that have died for Nigeria willingly?

Must you make sacrifice for your country in return for a posthumous award for bravery?

If so, you need your country more than your country needs you, parasitic coward!

That's how you people fail exams, simple questions demanding clarified and elaborate answers, not speaking in tongues.

5 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Sweetguy25: 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nigeria needs to be killed not died for.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by bonnelblack(m): 10:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
semochendo1:

That's how you people fail exams, simple questions demanding clarified and elaborate answers, not speaking in tongues.

If you term my political synopsis on nationalism as 'speaking in tongues', then you are not only daft but incapable of broaching such a subject, which is obviously beyond your elementary education!

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by goldiehoney: 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
mensdept:

Britain colonised and governed many countries all over the world! None has called their country a zoo or question the existence of the country! You are obviously less schooled and refined to understand your unimportance in the Nigerian scheme as to matter an inch what you think!

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by nkomafaith(f): 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
Scholes007:
i cant not and will never die for nigeria of today instead i will sell it to the highest bider

Cowards like you die many times before their death, so you don't matter to Nigeria but nevertheless remain an ungrateful burden!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by nkomafaith(f): 10:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
goldiehoney:

Britain colonised and governed many countries all over the world! None has called their country a zoo or question the existence of the country! You are obviously less schooled and refined to understand your unimportance in the Nigerian scheme as to matter an inch what you think!

Brilliantly stated

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Scholes007(m): 11:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
nkomafaith:

Cowards like you die many times before their death, so you don't matter to Nigeria but nevertheless remain an ungrateful burden!
hahahaha. I can never die for Nigeria of today but will be glad to perticipate in any thing that will make it better if i feel not short changed... Can also take pleasure in some vices that will hurt her

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by bonnelblack(m): 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Nigeria needs to be killed not died for.

Nigeria will rather kill you before you hurt a fly in Nigeria!
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
baralatie:
Chief Awolowo
Sir Herbert Macaulay
HRH sultan Dan fodio
Sir Tafawa Balewa
HRH Nnamdi Azikiwe

Chief M.K.O Abiola(late)

God Bless you all.

God Bless Nigeria.
None of those selfish men you listed up there died or can die for this country. Youths of this country need to wake up. We need to relearn. All these lies about great leaders in the past have to stop. There's never been a great leader in this country. Only sectional dwarf men who sowed a lot of the negativity today.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by baralatie(m): 8:09am On Oct 23, 2015
Reyginus:
None of those selfish men you listed up there died or can die for this country. Youths of this country need to wake up. We need to relearn. All these lies about great leaders in the past have to stop. There's never been a great leader in this country. Only sectional dwarf men who sowed a lot of the negativity today.
I'd not for Chief Obafemi and HRH Nnamdi you would never have been considered AT ALL worthy as a black to be educated,civilized or coherent in thought.
They held there ground without the use of force,they were not ashamed to be Nigerians or to be associated with Nigeria. they did everything they could.
what OBJ and IBB and Muritala Mohammed and all military personnel.by now you would be a refugee by fire and by force carry a ragtag dress in the bush!
Professor olukoye Ransome kuti is INSTRUMENTAL TO THE LIVES OF OVER MILKIONS OF CHILDREN IN NIGERIA.NO DOCTOR HAS EQUALLED HIS REACH ON CHILDCARE
and so on and so forth!
or is it MkO abiola or kudirat Abiola?

please what you should be doing is asking yourself what is it that "you are to do that will make this country and your environment a better place!"
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2015
I will never die for Nigeria. She is not worth it. For one to die for her country,that implies the said country enable her citizenry provides for basic needs of living, low level of corruption, not a dream killer etc.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by cocoduck: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2015
baralatie:
Chief Awolowo
Sir Herbert Macaulay
HRH sultan Dan fodio
Sir Tafawa Balewa
HRH Nnamdi Azikiwe

Chief M.K.O Abiola(late)

God Bless you all.

God Bless Nigeria.
Rubbish they all died natural deaths while a few died for thier own pockets, ie awolowo
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by baralatie(m): 8:51am On Oct 23, 2015
cocoduck:

Rubbish they all died natural deaths while a few died for thier own pockets, ie awolowo

HRH Nnamdi and Chief Obafemi Awolowo were fortunate not to have been murdered by bloody coup by were imprisoned. it did not change the measure of work that they put into Nigeria and the lives that their work work gas positively affected.
Obj and Ibb are still alive and retired military men! they have fulfilled their service to the military!
Prof olukoye till his death was working!

and all their works and efforts for Nigeria are documented for you to see!
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 23, 2015
baralatie:

I'd not for Chief Obafemi and HRH Nnamdi you would never have been considered AT ALL worthy as a black to be educated,civilized or coherent in thought.
They held there ground without the use of force,they were not ashamed to be Nigerians or to be associated with Nigeria. they did everything they could.
what OBJ and IBB and Muritala Mohammed and all military personnel.by now you would be a refugee by fire and by force carry a ragtag dress in the bush!
Professor olukoye Ransome kuti is INSTRUMENTAL TO THE LIVES OF OVER MILKIONS OF CHILDREN IN NIGERIA.NO DOCTOR HAS EQUALLED HIS REACH ON CHILDCARE
and so on and so forth!
or is it MkO abiola or kudirat Abiola?

please what you should be doing is asking yourself what is it that "you are to do that will make this country and your environment a better place!"
Please stop that. The fact that you worked to achieve independence doesn't automatically make you a good man and your faults wiped out.

In South Sudan today, the useless President Salvakir, was once a freedom fighter and helped lot in gaining support for the referendum and final independence. In Zimbabwe, Mugabe was also a freedom fighter who fought against oppression of his people. My point is, their fight for independence and whatever could not outweigh their negative behaviour afterwards.

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, in his tribalistic fight with Azikwe in OAU destroyed our chance of getting a detribalised Nigeria. Azikwe, the lesser evil because he's crooked, was both selfish and if not for the corruption of the system under him the Military couldn't have had any reason for coming back. At least they wouldn't have given that as their reason. Just like GEJ, act like a good man but leave evil to roam around. Ahmadu Bello is a both a bigot and and a religious fanatic. Cattle rustlers are inspired by him today.

IBB? The same IBB that institutionalized corruption? Murtala was just a good soldier but still clueless on how to move the country forward. OBJ is both a petty thief and a wise man. The only one among them, with Zik, who appears to be detribalized.

Now you want to annoy me. Kuti destroyed our medical system. If not for Kuti, Anatomists, Physiologists, e.t.c., will not be in this mess. This negative power tussle wouldn't be in existence because roles would be properly defined. It's because of your Kuti our doctors now handle everything even when there are professionals for the field. In what way is Abiola a great man? Do we also refer to Olu False as great too?

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by cocoduck: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2015
baralatie:

HRH Nnamdi and Chief Obafemi Awolowo were fortunate not to have been murdered by bloody coup by were imprisoned. it did not change the measure of work that they put into Nigeria and the lives that their work work gas positively affected.
Obj and Ibb are still alive and retired military men! they have fulfilled their service to the military!
Prof olukoye till his death was working!

and all their works and efforts for Nigeria are documented for you to see!
These people are not what a man or woman worth his or her salt can consider heroes
Azikiwe was dumb and stup1d, how can a person say I want a car but fails to specify the type, make or model or even the condition of the car, all he wants is a car. Awolowo himself is Tribal myopic bastard, what is the meaning crying to Yorba politicians to jump party because an igbo man won, which is also a pointer at zik's stupidity. I can never condsider these nincompoops as heroes. If I had my way I will nuke their graves. Do you know that Bamenda of camrroun was part of Nigeria? Or that taraba was part of cameroun but what happened? Go and find out
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2015
Op, I don't really think it's about dying for Nigeria but dying for a good cause. In whatever we do our goal should be the propagation of human existence. If in the cause of propagating human existence our death becomes necessary then we go ahead. But then another question is, do you really love humans enough to die for their good?
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by baralatie(m): 9:14am On Oct 23, 2015
Reyginus:
a,The fact that you worked to achieve independence

b, doesn't automatically make you a good man and your faults wiped out.
I have helped you to break down YOUR OWN STATEMENT. there are TWO ISSUES THAT YOU ARE HIGHLIGHTING a,the work and effort for the nationhood
b,the perfection of man hood.
don't mix them together!

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ And The Second Niger Bridge / House To Invite Supreme Court Over Buhari Certificate / Nnamdi Kanu to be Released From Prison.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.