Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,859 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (32653 Views)

Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Is Talking Nonsense - Edwin Clark / Buhari's Mid- Term Score Card By Ross Alabo-george / Enough Of This Biafran Nonsense!!! By Alabo Abiye Akkio-abbey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Trillyonaire: 7:44am On Oct 22, 2015

65 Likes 16 Shares

Re: . by eleko1: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2015
Only miscreants are protesting. They deserve to be flog continously.Yeye people dem sad undecided sad

35 Likes

Re: . by Smilelo(m): 8:02am On Oct 22, 2015
I don't blame the writer of this post,

If you want One Nigeria, come out and protest for one Nigeria.
I bet you, una no go reach 10.

Mumu people.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Tunami(m): 8:05am On Oct 22, 2015
umu biafra will come and hijack this thread, anyway am watching closely.

7 Likes

Re: . by danakins(m): 8:06am On Oct 22, 2015
Ok
Re: . by Naijiant: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2015
Re: . by asEdeyHOT: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2015
Another first hand account that confirms Igbo cannibalism and wickedness

The writer witnessed the butchering of his uncle and he was then dismembered and his body parts sold in a Biafra market.

Interesting......

The murders and atrocities committed by biafran soldiers confirms the lies by Igbos that they were only defending themselves against aggression from Northern Nigeria. The real cause of the war was Igbo greed and an attempt to gain access to oil in the Niger Delta. As soon as Gowon created Rivers State and removed it from the former eastern region, Ojukwu went mad

This is the same strategy that Igbos are using today with their fake love for the SS.

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: . by patrick89(m): 8:09am On Oct 22, 2015
Trillyonaire:
As a Rivers man who saw the events of 1967-1970 and who was old enough to understand them, this protest in Port Harcourt is a slap on true Rivers indigenes. and the memory of ALL the Rivers men and women who were slaughtered in the pogroms and ethnic cleansing committed during the civil war by the Biafran Army.

Let us remind ourselves of the TRUE facts and REAL reasons behind the secession and subsequent civil war. Ojukwu and his cohorts decided to secede from Nigeria because Gowon broke up the regions and created Rivers State among the 12 states he created. Remember the Aburi accord? Article 4 of that accord had to do with the breaking up of the regions. On the 27th of May, 1967, Gowon broke up the Regions, from the then Eastern Region and carved out Rivers, South-Eastern and East-Central states. 3 days later on 30th May, 1967 Ojukwu seceded citing the Aburi accord. ON ABURI WE STAND!! The rallying war cry of the day. How anyone who calls himself/herself a Rivers indigene support tacitly or otherwise the so-called Biafra cause when Biafra seceeded just because Rivers State was created and the Rivers people for once had a right to self rule?

In the quest for a sovereign country did the Igbo majority seek, discuss with or solicit the support of the minorities in the Oil Rivers and South-East?? Where is Biafra? How do you seek for a country which was susequently named Biafra WITHOUT involving the indigenous people of Biafra? Isn't that supreme arrogance or maybe they were not included because they were meant to be wiped out later. Events proved the latter to be true.

Late Chief (Dr.) Nabo Graham-Douglas who was the Attorney General of the Eastern Region was sent on compulsory leave and exiled to his home town Abonnema with orders for him to be executed. Fortunately the plans leaked and he miraculously escaped. He didn't draw the Articles of secession and only heard about Biafra from the BBC journalists who came to interview him in Abonnema.
He was one of the lucky ones.

The ethnic cleansing began in earnest. Our intelligentsia; top civil servants, technocrats and other able bodied men and women were rounded up and summarily executed in Enugu, Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Degema, Buguma, Bakana, to mention but a few towns/cities. In Port Harcourt, Rainbow town and Igritta, became killing fields. the bones of those victims still lie there
These atrocities were committed by the Biafran Army, against people who were supposed to be fighting the same cause with them.
In a bid to wipe out the minority tribes, our towns and villages were evacuated, our men put to slave labour and later on shot (reminiscent of Nazi Germany), our women taken as sex slaves, young boys shared the same fate as the men. Bakana, Bille, Abonnema were all forcefully evacuated.

Finally, when the Nigerian Army counter attacked and liberated Port Harcourt, the retreating Biafran Army, burnt Kingsway (now Supabod building), Nabo Graham-Douglas's law library (which was the best Law library in the whole of West Africa) and other land marks in the Garden city. Of what military significance were these acts??

I don't blame the misguided ill-informed people for trampling on the graves of those who were murdered by the Biafran Army, by protesting in Port Harcourt. I blame Gowon for forbidding accounts of the war being published after the war, but more importantly for not trying war criminals (like Col Ojeh of Degema) within the Biafran Army and holding them accountable for their inhuman and murderous actions during the war. 70 years after World War 2, we are still reminded on a daily basis the atrocities that the Nazi's committed. If Gowon had done what he was morally and duty bound to do, this matter of Biafra would have been put to rest once and for all.

By the way, in May 1968, my uncle (my mother's younger brother) was shot in his Warri street residence in Port Harcourt, his corpse butchered, his flesh sold as Biafra meat in Mile 1 market. That same day the Nigerian Army opened up and started shelling Port Harcourt, which was ultimately liberated

Are those protesting and the other supporters of "Biafra" aware of these facts??

The war has been over these past 45 years, we are forging on as a country, setting aside our ethnocentric issues. That Ex-Biafrans have been assimilated into all spheres of our society (as they should), without any punishment meted out to the war criminals among them, doesn't give anyone the right to re-write history or bring these painful memories back.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

https://www.facebook.com/alaboabiye.akkioabbey/posts/10153267949980028
Wow! This story be like tales by moonlight! Who and who knew about this? No wonder they hate us so much! But how did he know that his brother was killed in warri, and his meat sold at mile 1 market? This is a tale!! I doubt this.

21 Likes

Re: . by dazdilijae(m): 8:18am On Oct 22, 2015
When the real story is nt told for record purposes then others wld tell it to suit their purposes. Nigeria is a country of forgotten history.

7 Likes

Re: . by heynew: 8:25am On Oct 22, 2015
What you don't understand is that is too late to quench the burning fire from the rising sun

2 Likes

Re: . by Balkan(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2015
embarassed
Trillyonaire:
As a Rivers man who saw the events of 1967-1970 and who was old enough to understand them, this protest in Port Harcourt is a slap on true Rivers indigenes. and the memory of ALL the Rivers men and women who were slaughtered in the pogroms and ethnic cleansing committed during the civil war by the Biafran Army.

Let us remind ourselves of the TRUE facts and REAL reasons behind the secession and subsequent civil war. Ojukwu and his cohorts decided to secede from Nigeria because Gowon broke up the regions and created Rivers State among the 12 states he created. Remember the Aburi accord? Article 4 of that accord had to do with the breaking up of the regions. On the 27th of May, 1967, Gowon broke up the Regions, from the then Eastern Region and carved out Rivers, South-Eastern and East-Central states. 3 days later on 30th May, 1967 Ojukwu seceded citing the Aburi accord. ON ABURI WE STAND!! The rallying war cry of the day. How anyone who calls himself/herself a Rivers indigene support tacitly or otherwise the so-called Biafra cause when Biafra seceeded just because Rivers State was created and the Rivers people for once had a right to self rule?

In the quest for a sovereign country did the Igbo majority seek, discuss with or solicit the support of the minorities in the Oil Rivers and South-East?? Where is Biafra? How do you seek for a country which was susequently named Biafra WITHOUT involving the indigenous people of Biafra? Isn't that supreme arrogance or maybe they were not included because they were meant to be wiped out later. Events proved the latter to be true.

Late Chief (Dr.) Nabo Graham-Douglas who was the Attorney General of the Eastern Region was sent on compulsory leave and exiled to his home town Abonnema with orders for him to be executed. Fortunately the plans leaked and he miraculously escaped. He didn't draw the Articles of secession and only heard about Biafra from the BBC journalists who came to interview him in Abonnema.

The ethnic cleansing began in earnest. Our intelligentsia; top civil servants, technocrats and other able bodied men and women were rounded up and summarily executed in Enugu, Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Degema, Buguma, Bakana, to mention but a few towns/cities. In Port Harcourt, Rainbow town and Igritta, became killing fields. the bones of those victims still lie there
These atrocities were committed by the Biafran Army, against people who were supposed to be fighting the same cause with them.
In a bid to wipe out the minority tribes, our towns and villages were evacuated, our men put to slave labour and later on shot (reminiscent of Nazi Germany), our women taken as sex slaves, young boys shared the same fate as the men. Bakana, Bille, Abonnema were all forcefully evacuated.

Finally, when the Nigerian Army counter attacked and liberated Port Harcourt, the retreating Biafran Army, burnt Kingsway (now Supabod building), Nabo Graham-Douglas's law library (which was the best Law library in the whole of West Africa) and other land marks in the Garden city. Of what military significance were these acts??

I don't blame the misguided ill-informed people for trampling on the graves of those who were murdered by the Biafran Army, by protesting in Port Harcourt. I blame Gowon for forbidding accounts of the war being published after the war, but more importantly for not trying war criminals (like Col Ojeh of Degema) within the Biafran Army and holding them accountable for their inhuman and murderous actions during the war. 70 years after World War 2, we are still reminded on a daily basis the atrocities that the Nazi's committed. If Gowon had done what he was morally and duty bound to do, this matter of Biafra would have been put to rest once and for all.

By the way, in May 1968, my uncle (my mother's younger brother) was shot in his Warri street residence in Port Harcourt, his corpse butchered, his flesh sold as Biafra meat in Mile 1 market. That same day the Nigerian Army opened up and started shelling Port Harcourt, which was ultimately liberated

Are those protesting and the other supporters of "Biafra" aware of these facts??

The war has been over these past 45 years, we are forging on as a country, setting aside our ethnocentric issues. That Ex-Biafrans have been assimilated into all spheres of our society (as they should), without any punishment meted out to the war criminals among them, doesn't give anyone the right to re-write history or bring these painful memories back.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

yarriba man on the loose

19 Likes

Re: . by Orjioorji(f): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2015
just imagine how this op twist history to suit his heat for Igbo's,

11 Likes

Re: . by patrick89(m): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2015
I swear if this is the opinion of many minority in rivers then, they should be allowed to stay back to nigeria I don't want trouble please!
He said there men were used as slaves? That's pure lie! How many years is he talking about here three years?
Rivers was under biafra territory, all the bridges eg river niger and other several rivers in anambra state were all burnt! Most buildings were destroyed in enugu by biafra soldiers to target enemies! So what this guy is writing is seditious!

The killing of his brother and selling of the meat at mile 1 market in PH is a pure lie!
The same mile 1 that's in your territory? Why not in ariria Aba?
I don't want to engage in this kind of thing but most of his followers agreed to this distortion of history! It's a good thing that the minority in the so called ss are Piling hatered on igbo even when they have igboid group among them. But I will like to know the opinion of the igboid group.

I don't want to believe these people have this kind of grudges against us, and have never expressed it. It is evil! Well we igbos don't pretend we bare it out! We tell you what we have in mind, Portharcout aka Igweocha fell to nigeria army very early!

19 Likes

Re: . by OfoIgbo: 9:32am On Oct 22, 2015
My fellow Igbos, you have to know that there is a grand agenda on NL.
This trillyonaire of a person will not be touched by the moderators because he is spreading lies against Ndigbo and it sits well with the movers and shakers of Nigeria to ensure their is no coming-together of Ss and Se.

However any SSner that becomes too assertive and positive towards working together with Igbos, is immediately banned from NL.

In this particular case, I suspect the op is Yoruba though

8 Likes

Re: . by Iykopee(m): 9:33am On Oct 22, 2015
They sold his meat @ the mile1 market confirms the story was carelessly written by one haggard mumu.....

17 Likes

Re: . by JSJaja: 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
This man is not saying the truth. I'm frm RIVERS STATE, I wasn't there during the war but my parents and grand parents told me about the war, never did day mention of anything alluding what d poster said, rather I was told about the invasion of our land by the Nigerian troops and the war crimes they committed. If such ever happened then something that this man is not telling us led to it...RIVERS people are BIAFRANS and we came out in our numbers to protest the arrest of our leader, that tells u all u need to know. U are on ur own...IN BIAFRA WE STAND

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by brize(m): 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hello!!!!!! Mechanic come and repair this trick it does not work anymore.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raumdeuter: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
The man gave names and places, You can at least confirm from the descedants of Graham DOuglas if the story is true that their father was hounded, if his library was burned or other details he gave

19 Likes

Re: . by basilo101: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
Lol, Rivers man indeed. what is Rivers? a heterogenous contraption created by the divide and rule nothern oligarchy? answer ur papa name abeg, u only represent ur tribe. tell us wat hapened to Adaka Boro and Saro wiwa.

15 Likes

Re: . by MrPresident1: 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
patrick89:
I swear if this is the opinion of many minority in rivers then, they should be allowed to stay back to nigeria I don't want trouble please!
He said there men were used as slaves? That's pure lie! How many years is he talking about here three years?
Rivers was under biafra territory, all the bridges eg river niger and other several rivers in anambra state were all burnt! Most buildings were destroyed in enugu by biafra soldiers to target enemies! So what this guy is writing is seditious!

The killing of his brother and selling of the meat at mile 1 market in PH is a pure lie!
The same mile 1 that's in your territory? Why not in ariria Aba?
I don't want to engage in this kind of thing but most of his followers agreed to this distortion of history! It's a good thing that the minority in the so called ss are Piling hatered on igbo even when they have igboid group among them. But I will like to know the opinion of the igboid group.

I don't want to believe these people have this kind of grudges against us, and have never expressed it. It is evil! Well we igbos don't pretend we bare it out! We tell you what we have in mind, Portharcout aka Igweocha fell to nigeria army very early!

According to General Madiebo's account (Biafra's Chief of Army Staff) in 'The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran War', Port Harcourt was recaptured by Biafran troops before it was finally liberated from the rebels.

Its been a while since I read the book but I remember this very well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by MrPresident1: 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
Igbo greed destroyed the political solidarity of southern Nigeria.

With the benefit of hindsight, I have concluded that the 1966 coup was an Igbo coup even though I had earlier initial reservations about this. Nzeogwu may have had nationalistic intentions, but the likes of Anuforo, Ifeajuna, Okafor and perhaps even Ironsi were motivated by that Igbo innate propensity to want to lord it over others.

They repeated the same mistake with GEJ and that one was politically naïve and took the bait. He allowed himself to be controlled by neophytes in the political game, had GEJ aligned with the Yorubas early enough, he definitely would not have lost that election. Igbos used the poor man and destroyed his political legacy including that of the PDP.

Yoruba voted Buhari not because he gave any sound political arguments or enunciated any solid economic policies, they voted Buhari simply as a reaction to Igbo greed!

Yoruba will not be servants of the Igbo in the same country, let us all be slaves of the Fulani, after all, they are a capable people too!

kaka ki kiniun s'akapo ekun, kaluku a ya se ode ti e l'ototo ni.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
JSJaja:
This man is not saying the truth. I'm frm RIVERS STATE, I wasn't there during the war but my parents and grand parents told me about the war, never did day mention of anything alluding what d poster said, rather I was told about the invasion of our land by the Nigerian troops and the war crimes they committed. If such ever happened then something that this man is not telling us led to it...RIVERS people are BIAFRANS and we came out in our numbers to protest the arrest of our leader, that tells u all u need to know. U are on ur own...IN BIAFRA WE STAND
Go read Elechi Amadi's account, "Sunset On Biafra" and Ken Saro-Wiwa's "On A Darkling Plain." They are mainly accounts of what happened in Rivers State, Port Harcourt, in particular.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go read Elechi Amadi's account, "Sunset On Biafra" and Ken Saro-Wiwa's "On A Darkling Plain." They are mainly accounts of what happened in Rivers State, Port Harcourt, in particular.

Simply present your evidence of any mass killing by Igbos and not hearsay...

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
JSJaja:

1 Like

Re: . by babdap: 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
In few years time, I would tell my children that there was once an online country called Biafra.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by Kponkwem(m): 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
Trillyonaire:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

What you wrote on facebook is very much one-sided and is not only novel, but largely unsubstantiated. You failed to highlight the exigencies and confusions of the war situation which led to whatever you alleged the Biafran army did wrongly.

You believe Gowon would reveal the atrocities of the war when Nigeria, like its British creator, has been a rogue state involved in genocide, ethno-religious killings and human rights violations which it manifested in its monstrous forms in the war both in PH and Igbo heartlands.

I can assure you that for every Graham Douglas extrajudicially killed by the Biafram army, there are one thousand Graham Douglasses and Okafors also extrajudicially killed by the federal troops during the independence conflagration.

My landlord, an Ogoni man fought that war on the Biafran side,and the only thing he agrees happened in what you enumerated above was the evacuations- that he also attributed to a movement to safer hinterland areas because of the operation of federal troops from the coastline. Many people died on that long trek to the hinterlands, he said. How were the Biafran troops directly responsible for this?

Elechi Amadi and other Ikwerre/Rivers leaders were at the Oputa panel in 2005. When the Ohaneze confronted them with some of the atrocities of misguided riverine persons against their hinterland Igbo brothers during and after the war, they couldn't handle it and mere flared up. How did the federal troops access the coast routes to attack PH and Biafran hinterlands? Let all verifiable truths be brought to the open immediately so that we all could get the healing we deserve.

Now I leave you with this question to chew on you since you appear to hold the above strong opinion: Do you consider it truly a 'liberation' that the federal government carved out Rivers State as autonomous from the 'old Eastern Region' but refuse to allow them free control of their resources which was taken with the left hand through revenue consolidation in Abuja, local governments, 600 ambiguous agencies, and states creations?

15 Likes

Re: . by 7lives: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
Conscience is an open wound, only the truth can nurture it.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
https://m.facebook.com/alaboabiye.akkioabbey/posts/10153267949980028

I'm reposting the link to the original article in case you want to reach its author. grin
Re: . by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
The events of 67-70 should be put behind us though I've heard accounts of the whole thing. Anyway, we can't be entrapped in the past. Let's move ahead

2 Likes

Re: . by AfroBlue(m): 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
saved in the NL archives

Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) - Crime - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/582396/biafra-nigerian-civil-war-pictures
Re: . by likila: 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
So it was Attorney General Graham Douglas that drafted the Oil Mineral Rights Act of 1969?
Re: . by badnature: 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
another Yoruba man on rampage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Atiku Will NOT Concede To Buhari As PDP Assembles Lawyers / FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil / Indigenes Of Abuja Go Unclad In Protest For Slot Of Permanent Secretary. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.