Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

"Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba (641 Views)

Agbakoba Rejects Restructuring, Backs Nnamdi Kanu / Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law / Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees Revealed- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by alcmene: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2015
Chief Olisa Agbakoba (SAN), former president of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) said the first ministerial nominees list sent by President Muhammadu Buhari was made up of people he was compensating for bringing him to power.

Speaking to Daily Independent on Wednesday, October 21, he said the second list was made up instrumental people.

According to him, he was a bit disappointed that the list took so long and he was more disappointed when he saw the first list.

Agbakoba said: “The first is made up of political people that he needs to pay off. These are people who helped the president to get to where he is. On the whole, it is a rounded balanced scale even though I feel there are few women given the 35 percent quota that has been reserved for women. So that is a minus but in terms of technical qualifications, that is a major plus.

“In terms of political experience of people like Audu Ogbeh, it is a major plus. So on the whole, let us see what they can do because at the end of the day, it is not who you appoint or how they talk, let us hope they can walk the talk.”

Speaking on the ongoing screening, the lawyer said the overall performance of those screened so far has been above average.

He noted that he was impressed with Kayode Fayemi, Kemi Adeosun, Babatunde Fashola, Chris Ngige and Abubakar Malami.

https://www.naij.com/613639-buharis-ministerial-list-made-people-wants-compensate-agbakoba.html
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by Imortal001: 11:26am On Oct 22, 2015
Yes, you are right sir, first list colabo buhari ft apc and second list, buhari ft nigerians... No wonder baba is for nobody, baba is for everybody.. PMB is not saraki..
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by INTROVERT(f): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2015
well said
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by chocolateme(f): 11:29am On Oct 22, 2015
Looks like it
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by BlackrulesDworld(m): 11:29am On Oct 22, 2015
Only the wise ones will understand this.
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by luckier9(m): 11:30am On Oct 22, 2015
before are u expecting him not to settle people who brought him into power?
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by PassingShot(m): 11:30am On Oct 22, 2015
First, the president clearly said he needed to establish certain rules of engagement, different from what was obtainable during PDP's sixteen inglorious years, for the incoming ministers. So, the delay was not because he was looking for "saints" and "angels" who do not exist anywhere.

Secondly, it amounts to crass ignorance of how politics is played, for any sane man not to expect that Fashola, Amaechi, Fayemi, Onu, Ngige et al will be made minister. These were people who did what Agbakoba, you and I are incapable of doing - fighting PDP head on and winning the election. So, it's practically IMPOSSIBLE for PMB to ignore them no matter the situation.

Lastly, each of the nominees will be judged according to their performance and not how they became ministers. And given that PMB is a no-nonsense man, Nigerians have reasonable expectations they will perform.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by deking(m): 11:31am On Oct 22, 2015
People who have believed in his course and stood by him.
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by Tallesty1(m): 11:32am On Oct 22, 2015
He must settle them nah. That was the agreement.
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by Cadamlk: 11:33am On Oct 22, 2015
If I were in his shoes I will do the same.It will be an insanity to abandon the people who struggled with you day and night and go on to compesate people behind the scene
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by alcmene: 11:38am On Oct 22, 2015
Cadamlk:
If I were in his shoes I will do the same.It will be an insanity to abandon the people who struggled with you day and night and go on to compesate people behind the scene

At the detriment of qualified technocrats?

Oh I understand that was the reason the likes of Falana and Pat Utomi were dropped for the corrupt Amaechi and aged Audu Ogbeh
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by hob(m): 11:38am On Oct 22, 2015
Why wont he settle before

Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by alaoeri: 11:43am On Oct 22, 2015
alcmene:

Oh I understand that was the reason the likes of Falana and Pat Utomi were dropped for the corrupt Amaechi and aged Audu Ogbeh
Where are the technocrats when these ppl are busy campaigning for PMB?

Agbakoba added that all would be fine if the ministers are able to do do what they said during the screening
This should be the bone of contention & not the ppl the president appointed.
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by Cadamlk: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2015
alcmene:

Brother lets be realistic......Are you not qualified to be a minister? If the mantle of leadership can fall on GEJ who was not an active politician.Then I believe being a leader is not anybody's birthright.

And lets not look at it like this ministerial position is a permanent seat.It is liable to changes anytime soon
Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:57am On Oct 22, 2015
I wonder why many believed PMB would appoint only technocrats as Ministers. He didn't contest as an independent candidate with deep pockets. APC bigwigs supported him on his way to power. It's just plain dumb to expect him to appoint Ministers without consulting these power brokers.

Besides, a great technocrat is not necessarily a great leader. Some technocrats are even politically naive. So, what's the big deal about having them as Ministers.

alcmene:

Re: "Buhari's Ministerial List Made Up People He Wants To Compensate"-agbakoba by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
A labourer deserves his salary!

(1) (Reply)

Plateau Guber: Tribunal Dismisses PDP Suit Against Lailong / How APC Ignored Efcc’s Advice Not To Field Audu As Kogi Guber Candidate / Emperor Buhari Cutting Costs| Blocks Aso Drive, Rides In Convoy Of Over 30 Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.