Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (668601 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OkutaNla: 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Abeg help us take loads of pictures of the places i mentioned as the best residential neighbourhoods, Iyaganku especially.I've been there too but i never took pictures.When i go home too, I will make sure i take lots of pics

You bet I will.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
princemillla:
Nle o omo oodua. .. Awon aalale ile Yoruba a gbewa o, edumare a siju anu WO wa o. Seeing some names on this Yoruba thread really surprise me....

Firefire , modath, coolitempa etc ...

Amin, mogbe ito amin mi... smiley

Don't be surprised, I am an out, loud & proud defender of the Yoruba tribe (according to my work friend) & who wouldn't be proud to be of a tribe whose culture is not only rich, it spans beyond the enclave of West Africa..

We are not perfect beings but we don't court drama, we are cool people, sociable,fun & above all respectful & dignified...

No one is going to blow our trumpets, we gat to loud it ourselves!!!

Omo odua eji giri
Eje ka fowo sowo po
Kagbe ile wa ga.

*borrowed from ife oye*

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by codedslayer: 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
zimoni:

Gbogbo Ile Fi Owo Si

E Te Si'waju, Oluwa A So Agbara D'otun.

Lagos and Ogun States are Giants.

We also have big guys Oyo and Ondo States(they can take care of themselves to certain extent).

Then we have Small Guys, the Osun and Ekiti States. These two states give me concern. We have solid minerals in these two states that we can invest into and earn cool money for the states.

As for the cocoa farming, the solution is rebirth. We need to uproot the old trees and plant new ones. The new hybrid plant yields about 2.5tonnes of cocoa beans in just 3years(actually it's 2.5years).

We need to make the two states work, things are not working in the two states and it saddens my heart that my Dear State(Osun State) is fast becoming an Almajiri State. Too bad for us in Osun State.

Things shall be better. We have low sulphur content gold deposit in huge quantity in my state, it's just that we haven't gotten a serious investor.

We shall get there, God help us.

Nice one.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by codedslayer: 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Think Oyo is another good source for getting information on what's happening in Oyo state. and they have a nairaland account too

https://www.nairaland.com/thinkoyo

Another good one is the southwest category of the nationonline

http://thenationonlineng.net/category/southwest/

This is the Ogun state one anulaxad mentioned.It looks good and they're quite consistent

https://www.facebook.com/OgunIndicator

This one is a facebook page for Ondo state

https://www.facebook.com/Ondo-State-a-Place-of-Pride-Ondo-Facts-160129464174679/

This is DAWN Commission's facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/dawncommission

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
This is ilesa,Osun state

Rev. Williams Howard Clark in 1854, once said ”for its cleanliness, regularity in breath and width, and the straightness of its streets, the ancient city far surpasses any native town I have seen in black Africa”. Ilesa is a well-planned ancient city that has link routes that no town of its size can lay claim to in Yoruba land."

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OkutaNla: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
This is ilesa,Osun state

Rev. Williams Howard Clark in 1854, once said ”for its cleanliness, regularity in breath and width, and the straightness of its streets, the ancient city far surpasses any native town I have seen in black Africa”. Ilesa is a well-planned ancient city that has link routes that no town of its size can lay claim to in Yoruba land."

Erin Ijesha falls, Osun.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
django1 abeg post those ibadan pictures you have
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OkutaNla: 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
Apartment complex at New Bodija, Ibadan

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OkutaNla: 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
1.Jericho GRA (credit: IBPulse.com)
2.Alalubosa (courtesy: Lamudi.com.ng)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OkutaNla: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
I've been to Onireke once and i thought i was in another country.Soo many lebanese people there.The zard brothers have been in Ibadan for a very long time.The famous chief raymond zard was born in Ibadan

You are absolutely right. Lebanese and Indians full that side.

Ibadan International School

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
I am really worried about the state of education in the sw,tho i knw its a national thing.It hurts seeing kids playing ps2 wen dey are supposed to be in school.
I have a cousin who is in pry 5,yet it wud take her 1hr to read one page,she cant solve pry 4 maths,yet she comes first in her class.
Without education a nation would fail!.

Do you think it's an after-school effect or lack of qualified educators?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
[size=18pt]Africa’s leading women in tech 2015[/size]

Funke Opeke
Funke was born and raised in Nigeria where she obtained a degree in Electronics & electrical Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife in 1981 before she proceeded to New York for a Master’s degree at Columbia University.

According to Girls in ICT, following graduation from Columbia, Funke pursued a career in ICT in the United States and successfully ended that phase of her career as an Executive Director with the Wholesale division of Verizon Communications in New York when she decided to return to Nigeria in 2005.

Funke joined MTN Nigeria as Chief Technical Officer, and also served as adviser to Transcorp and Chief Operating Officer of NITEL for a brief period before launching Main Street Technologies in 2007. The company went on to raise $240 Million to build the pioneer private submarine cable system in West Africa – Main One Cable. The 7,000km cable runs from Portugal down to Accra, Ghana and Lagos, Nigeria and is delivering wholesale broadband capacity across several countries in West Africa today.

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2015/08/africas-leading-women-in-tech-2015/

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiah11: 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
OkutaNla:

You are absolutely right. Lebanese and Indians full that side.

Ibadan International School

please post the links to where you are getting the pictures from.

The people featured might not want their photos displayed all over the web without a valid source.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OkutaNla: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
tpiah11:

please post the links to where you are getting the pictures from.

The people featured might not want their photos displayed all over the web without a valid source.

Noted.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2015

This Is What Women In STEM Look Like Around the World

But female scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians worldwide are breaking barriers and making incredible contributions to their fields despite the odds. Here are just a few women doing so all over the world:

Every year, the Elsevier Foundation recognizes notable women from STEM fields in developing countries. The 2015 awards were given to five women — three of whom were Nigerian physicists: Mojisola Usikalu, Rabia Salihu Sa'id and Mojisola Oluwyemisi Adeniyi.

http://mic.com/articles/118822/this-is-what-women-in-stem-look-like-around-the-world

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

Do you think it's an after-school effect or lack of qualified educators?

I was about to say that.There's more to poor performance than just incompetent teachers.Anyways check this out

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I was about to say that.There's more to poor performance than just incompetent teachers.Anyways check this out

I love Ekiti, but if they could vote in that slowpoke called Fayose, then they're not as smart as I thought.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Shymm3x and Ilekeh I've changed the title.I have a lot of Ibadan pictures too but i don't want to decieve people into thinking Ibadan is Nigeria's Dubai or something.All these pictures are not a true reflection of what exactly these places look like generally

Safe for that.

I'm going to post a lot of things from Yoruba diaspora tonight and some individual achievements of Yorubas in diaspora.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

I love Ekiti, but if they could vote in that slowpoke called Fayose, then they're not as smart as I thought.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ir5DN_7mwzw/UngEwcH7ppI/AAAAAAAAOpg/cTPq2iBdjWg/s1600/ti.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
[size=18pt]Top 5 inspirational women in tech[/size]

Titilope Sonuga, She Will Connect ambassador
Titilope is the official spokesperson of Intel’s 2015 She Will Connect Programme in Nigeria, which aims to educate young girls and women on how technology can contribute towards economic and social development across the world.

The award-winning poet, writer, actor and civil engineer is using her story to inspire girls to get involved with technology and, as ambassador of She Will Connect, will work with NGOs to train women and girls across Nigeria on how to use technology.

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2015/08/top-5-inspirational-women-in-tech/
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
[size=14pt]6 Emerging Female Entrepreneurs To Watch In Africa[/size]

Imoteda Aladekomo, Heels In The Kitchen

No one expected West African food to emerge as the world’s healthiest when Lancet Global Health’s reviewed of dietary habits from around the globe earlier this summer. Unfortunately, you won’t find much African food on the world stage as other cuisines such as Italian, Chinese and Indian are the go-to choices for international palettes. Cordon Bleu trained chef Imoteda Aladekomo has plans to change that by globalizing African food, starting with her native Nigerian dishes. She wants to use television as a platform to show the richness and diversity in the dishes and make it more accessible to non-Africans. With a show already filmed and plans underway to expand to merchandising, Chef Tomi may become the next biggest cooking star.

Kasope Ladipo-Ajai, Omo Alata Foods

Omo Alata, the Yoruba name for spice seller is a budding food processing company that wants to simplify the way Nigerians cook their food. As a busy wife and computer science graduate Kasope Ladipo-Ajai no longer had the 2-3 hours it took to make a standard stew or soup after facing hours of traffic plus a full workday. Spending time abroad she saw how quick service and prepackaged meals made life easier for busy families, especially working moms. While busy urbanites are having trouble accessing and cooking fresh meals, millions of pounds of produce go to waste during long transit times to urban centers. Kasope and her husband Olatayo founded Omo Alata Foods to provide ready to cook pepper and stew products and tap into the rapidly growing middle class consumer and desire for high quality packaged foods.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2015/08/13/6-emerging-female-entrepreneurs-to-watch-in-africa-2015/

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
Ilekeh i created a thread about that Omo alata foods but it never made the front page,picture of Tonto dikeh's finger nails made the front page

I'm tttired mehn

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Ilekeh i created a thread about that Omo alata foods but it never made the front page.Picture of Tonto dikeh's finger nails made the front page

I'm tttired mehn

Lol don't mind the sex starved mods grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo

Omo ilu ibo (where) ni e?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
This is ilesa,Osun state

The straightness of the streets in Ilesa has no lies about it... From Roundabout North to Ilaje, South to Ayeso & East to Brewery/Omi Asoro is almost a perfect line.... Same if you go to Ijamo,Ibala Rd Etc are almost a perfect straight lines !!! Waoh, surreal.... shocked

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Ilekeh i created a thread about that Omo alata foods but it never made the front page.Picture of Tonto dikeh's finger nails made the front page

I'm tttired mehn

Ayaf dieeeeeeeeeeeee grin cheesy cheesy...

Next time find one Yoruba female like Omotola to attach & it will make FP... grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sensitive issue alert!!!!!!!

Let's take a vote on this thread:

1. Do you want Nigeria to stay United?

2. Explain
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
modath:

Ayaf dieeeeeeeeeeeee grin cheesy cheesy...

Next time find one Yoruba female like Omotola to attach & it will make FP... grin

Lol he for just put "Omotola visits Omo Alata Foods" grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
Ilekehd Yoruba women are doing extremely well in the tech sector i tell you and even in the movie industry not feem ooo.When i was in school, In the animation class there were about 40 students.2 out of those 40 students were black. A guy and a girl.The girl is a Yoruba girl and i heard she's doing extremely well in the animation industry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=modath post=39284100][/quote]

Too bad i've never been to Ilesa
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
IlekeHD:
Aareonakakanfo

Omo ilu ibo (where) ni e?

Ajowa-Akoko Ondo state
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
Leading Nigerian Technology Firms

Cousant -Tolu Adelowo

ACE - Tunde Kehinde

Paga - Tayo Oviosu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.