Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (668557 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
IlekeHD:
Roye Okupe, an entrepreneur on a mission to create more African superhero comics

You gotta read more about her. This is so cool!

http://awpnetwork.com/2015/05/01/innovation-and-animation-roye-okupe-is-on-a-mission-to-create-more-african-superhero-comics/

The roye Okupe thread made the FP

Halleluyah!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
I remember one ignorant flateef saying Yorubas don't own any companies in the south-west that majority of the companies in the southwest are owned by flateenosgrin grin cheesy Those people no go kill me with laff

lol the thing surprise me sha. How can street hawkers boldly claim that they own all the businesses in Lagos? Anyway, let's not spoil this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by segend(m): 5:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aateonakakanfo, seems Yorubas control the food business. Tfc, sweet sensation, tantalizers, are all Yoruba owned.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
Tobi from Nigeria, managing director of Vibe Web Solutions

Tobi Asehinde, from Nigeria, studied for a master’s (MEng) degree in Computer Engineering at the University of Portsmouth.

He graduated in 2012, and just two years later, he’s now the founder and Managing Director of Vibe Web Solutions, a web consultant for Lagos Eko Project and Assistant Honorary Secretary of the Nigeria-Britain Association.

http://www.educationuk.org/global/articles/uk-graduate-entrepreneur-tobi-from-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
segend:
Aateonakakanfo, seems Yorubas control the food business. Tfc, sweet sensation, tantalizers, are all Yoruba owned.

Yorubas control

1. Finance sector

2. IT sector

3. Food sector

4. Health sector

and many more I'm sure.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
segend:

Omo alata too has joined them grin cheesy but theirs is food packaging i think.Why yorubas kon like food like this

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
IlekeHD:
Gbenga Sesan is founder of the Paradigm Initiative (PIN), an organization using ICT to empower young people in underserved communities through entrepreneurial training programs.

I'm so proud of this guy, he & his bushy hair I follow on twitter & baby Ladi.

One day, Mo's closet project will make this kind of impact..amen..

Aareonakakanfo:
How on earth did i forget Sujibomi Ogundele.Sujimoto constructions

Where is Mosunmola Abudu on that list ?, she's just an ordinary tv station owner sad
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Omo alata too has joined them grin cheesy but theirs is food packaging i think.Why yorubas kon like food like this

Dbanj's koko garri nko?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by segend(m): 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Best bukas are yoruba owned, iya oyo, amala yahoo, white house..... we too like food lol

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
As Lagos,my state of origin, joins the OIL PRODUCING STATES hopefully in a couple of months.What is the preparation of the Lagos state government to prevent the gnashing of teeth from the major fossil fuels (oil, coal, gas) each use hundreds, if not thousands, of chemicals—often not disclosed—many of which are highly dangerous to human health.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-oilfield-to-miss-december-production-target/

Lagos oilfield to miss December production target

The Aje shallow-water field offshore Lagos is now expected to reach first oil at the end of January 2016 as against December this year previously targeted by the joint venture partners on the project.

One of the partners, Panoro Energy, an independent exploration and production company with assets in Nigeria and Gabon, stated this in a new update.

The company had reiterated in August that the operations at the Aje development remained on schedule, with production drilling underway in the third quarter and first oil production targeted for the end of 2015.

Panoro, in the latest update, said the Aje-5 production well located on the OML 113 licence had been successfully completed and the reservoir had been perforated in the Upper and Lower Cenomanian Oil bearing zones.

It said the subsea tree had been installed and the well had been suspended, ready for connection to the oil production facilities prior to the commencement of production.

Panoro said, “The Saipem Scarabeo 3 semi-submersible drilling rig has been moved to re-enter the existing Aje-4 well for completion as a second Cenomanian production well.

“All key equipment related to the Aje oilfield development has now been delivered to Lagos, including the FPSO moorings and turret buoy, the production manifold, the umbilical termination assembly, and the umbilicals and flowlines.”
ADVERTISEMENT

The company further said, “In addition, the ongoing refurbishment of the Front Puffin FSPO is on schedule and it is anticipated that the vessel will sail from Singapore approximately six weeks prior to its installation date.

“Panoro currently estimates the project timing and costs to be largely on track, although for planning purposes, the company is now projecting that first oil should take place towards the end of January 2016.”

The joint venture partners led by Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited had in October last year taken the final investment decision to develop the first phase of the Aje field.

Aje is an offshore field located in the western part of Nigeria in the Dahomey Basin at the border with Benin Republic.

The field is situated in water depths ranging from 100 to 1,000 metres about 24 kilometres from the coast. The field contains hydrocarbon resources in sandstone reservoirs in three main levels – a Turonian gas condensate reservoir, a Cenomanian oil reservoir and an Albian gas condensate reservoir.

Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company is the operator, with 25 per cent interest in the field. The other partners are Vitol, First Hydrocarbons Nigeria Limited, Energy Equity Resources Limited, Panoro Energy ASA and Jacka Resources Limited.

The JV partners had in January 2014 submitted the Field Development Plan for the Aje field to the Department of Petroleum Resources. The FDP was approved in March and is primarily focused on the development of the Cenomanian oil reservoir.http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-oilfield-to-miss-december-production-target/

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
modath:

Where is Mosunmola Abudu on that list ?, she's just an ordinary tv station owner sad

Hian! I don't think she's really wealthy tho...Everyone on that list is a multi-millionaire.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
segend:

Best bukas are yoruba owned, iya oyo, amala yahoo, white house..... we too like food lol

You should be sued for not mentioning Iya buki in Randle.That's one of the most famous bukas in surulere.Emeritus856 knows what i mean

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by segend(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
For the christians in the house, most pentecostal churches were started by yoruba.
Daystar--------- sam adeyemi
Winners--------- Bishop oyedepo
Redeem, covenant christian center, elevation church, harvesters, mountain of fire, deeperlife,

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
Almost all highest paid CEOs in Nigeria are Yorubas

https://www.naij.com/52675.html

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
veraponpo:

Jericho for example is a place you can compare with Ikoyi Lagos. Ibadan is quite underrated by many.

underrated? No!,lets face it ibadan is supposed to be way developed than it is now.This was the capital of the western region,ibadan was reputed as the most developed west african city.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Hian! I don't think she's really wealthy tho...Everyone on that list is a multi-millionaire.

Do you know what it means to OWN a cable TV station??.. We won't argue, read up on her.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
segend:
For the christians in the house, most pentecostal churches were started by yoruba.
Daystar--------- sam adeyemi
Winners--------- Bishop oyedepo
Redeem, covenant christian center, elevation church, harvesters, mountain of fire, deeperlife,

Lol Yorubas even control the Religious sector.

1. Adeboye

2. TB Joshua

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by segend(m): 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

You need to be sued for not mentioning Iya buki in Randle.That's one of the most famous bukas in surulere.Emeritus856 knows what i mean

Egbon, no vex, my adventure never carry me reach there, will check it out next time am in surulere.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
modath:

Do you know what it means to OWN a cable TV station??.. We won't argue, read up on her.

I will read up on her.I've always felt she's just one of those famous but averagely rich celebrities
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

oyo state is not a 'small guy'

Okay. Mo ti gbo.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
By the way,wats up with the dangote refinery in lagos,heard the locals are refusing to give up their land,has this ish been settled?

Also the badagry dock nnlg wants to build,the niger deltans were protesting that it should be located in their land*they av a point tho*...any news on these...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by segend(m): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

underrated? No!,lets face it ibadan is supposed to be way developed than it is now.This was the capital of the western region,ibadan was reputed as the most developed west african city.

I think that is why people are disappointed in ibadan, should be almost at par with lagos, if the development rate from pre 1966 era was maintaned.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
segend:

Egbon, no vex, my adventure never carry me reach there, will check it out next time am in surulere.

I remember back then Iya buki's buka use to be like an assembly ground.You will see matured,bearded men on suit and tie carrying colored-plates grin grin cheesy MEMORIES

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
segend:

I think that is why people are disappointed in ibadan, should be almost at par with lagos, if the development rate from pre 1966 era was maintaned.

Sometimes i wonder where ibadan got it wrong.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by segend(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Sometimes i wonder where ibadan got it wrong.

Focus shifted to Lagos, I guess.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by aresa: 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
Yoruba Traditional Institutions: Origins, Concepts

Alo Abiola, Gbenga Adeboye, George Okojie, Kazeem Akintunde, Tope Fayehun
— Oct 23, 2015 3:57 am | Leave a comment
Yoruba Obas sit at the peak of ancient states as heads of the aristocratic society and rulers of their realms. They were the symbols of ultimate authority and divine rulership, revered as the next to Almighty (Igba keji orisa) in view of the vast control and influence they wielded in their communities while balancing their autocratic authorities with the exercise of absolute power. In this report, KAZEEM AKINTUNDE, GEORGE OKOJIE, GBENGA ADEBOYE, ALO ABIOLA and TOPE FAYEHUN, examine the origins and concepts of the institutions.

Alaafin of Oyo

The ancient Oyo Empire, established by the Yoruba people, controlled a wide area between the Volta and Niger rivers by the mid-17th century. The capital of the state was moved from old Oyo (Katunga) in 1930s and the Alaafin (Lord of the palace) of Oyo kingdom still resides in the city.

The Oyo Alaafin is an integral portion of the Yoruba nation that descended from the historical figure, Oduduwa or Olofin. According to historians, the Yoruba arrived in their present homes in waves from the ancient Meroe of the east of Sudan. Ile-Ife was their first principal centre of civilisation. Oranyan (the first Alaafin) was either the son or the grandson of Oduduwa: all of them met indigenous population that they conquered and assimilated. In different monarchical tradition as they arrived in waves from their original homes in the Sudan, they instituted various kingdoms: Oyo, Ife, Ijesa, Ijebu, Owu, Owo, Ekiti, Ondo, Ketu etc.

OONI OF ILE-IFE

Ile-Ife, (the Source) is the cradle of Yoruba nation, most towns and villages in Yoruba land trace their origin to Ile-Ife while those who have affiliates with other towns still have those towns tracing their

origin to Ile-Ife.

Therefore, the status of the traditional ruler of their source is central to the existence of the communities.

Historians have failed to agree on the origin of the progenitor of the Yoruba race, Oduduwa, also known as Olofin Adimula.

While some said that he migrated from the far East to Ile-Ife, others claimed that he descended directly from heaven which inadvertently establishes Ile-Ife as the cradle and indeed the town that gives light to the entire world (Ile-Ife, ibi ti ojumo ti n mo wa).

Oba of Lagos

The seat of the Oba of Lagos is the most supreme kingship in Lagos State, a coastal Yoruba settlement now Africa’s modern mega city and his sovereignty as a supreme traditional authority in the region is not in doubt.

The origin of Lagos kingship of Oba can be traced Lagos dynasty which started in 1600 during the era of Ashipa (1600-1630). Ashipa was regarded as the founder of the Lagos dynasty. Available historical

facts showed that he was acting as the leader of the people of Lagos but not as the king. He was said to have served as the intermediary between the Oba of Benin and the people of Lagos (eko), spent 27 years as the leader of eko. He died in 1630 and his son Ado took over his responsibility.

Thus, Oba Ado could be regarded as the first king of Lagos. He settled down in the southern part of Eko called “Isale Eko”, Isale literally meaning bottom, but must have been used to indicate downtown of Lagos.

AKRAN OF BADAGRY

From existing perspectives, Kings from the ancient and historic city of Badagry have a fascinating history of Kingship known as (Wheno Aholuship) and its traditional chieftaincy institution.

It was founded around the Third quarter of the fifteenth century, precisely 1424, by Akran Gbafoe, the ancient city of Badagry originally known as Ogbagleme.

Alake of Egbaland

The title ‘Alake’ (owner of Ake), is used for the paramount ruler of Egbaland. The present holder is HRM Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, Okukenu 1V.

The Egba people, who originally lived at Igbo Egba under the Oyo Empire, initiated the title after they became independent following the collapse of Oyo in the first half of the 19th century after a revolt.

Awujale of Ijebuland

‘Awujale’ is the title of the Oba of Ijebu Ode and paramount ruler of Ijebuland. The present Awujale, HRM Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona, was crowned on Tuesday, April 5, 1960.

Ijebu was a Yoruba kingdom in pre-colonial Nigeria. It was formed, like many city states of the time, around the 15th century. According to legend, its ruling dynasty was founded by Obanta of Ile-Ife.

The kingdom was one of the most developed in the region with a complex and highly organised government. The capital was at Ijebu Ode where the Awujale had his palace.

DEJI OF AKURE

Deji of Akure Kingdom is the title of the traditional ruler of Akure kingdom, the headquarters of Ondo State.

Deji is the paramount ruler of Akure speaking community which comprises of Akure South, Akure North, Ifedore and Uso town under Owo local government area of the State.

Osemawe of Ondo Kingdom

Osemawe is an exalted title of the Paramount Ruler of Ondo Kingdom.

He has over 40 villages and cities under his command.

The Institution of Rulership in Ondo from the inception is hierarchical with clear cut protocols, procedures and guidelines to prevent abuse.

EWI OF ADO-EKITI

The history of Ewi as the head traditional institution of Ado Ekiti is inseparable from that of Ado community itself.

Biritiokun (Ewi) was one of the direct offspring of Oduduwa, who held periodic meetings among themselves.

Oore of Otun Ekiti

People of Otun Ekiti, under the leadership of Oore, according to history, were said to have settled in different places at different times, including Moba near Mushin in Lagos and passed through Ile-Ife before they eventually settled at their present location.

Tradition has it that the Oore emerged from the Okun Moba (Moba Sea) in the present coastal area of Lagos with a Calabash containing water in his hand, beads around his neck and a beaded crown on his head.

OWA OBOKUN OF IJESALAND

The Owa Obokun of Ijesaland, who has Ilesa as his capital town, is a descendant of Oduduwa, the Olofin Adimula of Ile-Ife.

He has six local government areas within his domain in the present day Osun State namely, Ilesa West, Ilesa East, Atakumosa East, Atakumosa West, Obokun and Oriade local governments.

http://leadership.ng/news/469191/yoruba-traditional-institutions-origins-concepts
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by veraponpo(m): 6:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
[b]FOLORUNSO ALAKIJA-FAMFA OIL Wealthiest woman in Nigeria,2ND Wealthiest black woman on the planet

HAJIA BOLA SHAGAYA-PRACTOL OIL Second wealthiest woman in Nigeria

FEMI OTEDOLA-ZENON OIL/ATLAS SHIPPING AGENCY/SWIFT INSURANCE/FO PROPERTIES LIMITED/FO TRANSPORT/SEAFORCE SHIPPING COMPANY

KOLA KARIM-COSTAIN WEST AFRICA/SHORELINE ENERGY INTERNATIONAL

KOLA ALUKO-ATLANTIC ENERGY

JIDE OMOKORE-ENERRY RESOURCES GROUP SPOG petrochemicals, energy properties development limited,innovative haulage limited,expand marine,bay atlantic limited,restore engineering limited

WALE TINUBU-OANDO OIL Africa’s largest energy company(ASKMEN magazine Top Ten CEOs in the world)

MIKE ADENUGA-CONOIL

TOPE SONUBI-SAHARA ENERGY

FUNSO LAWAL-SOGENAL GROUP

OBATERU AKINRUNTAN-OBAT OIL the largest privately-owned oil depot and jetty in Africa also the second richest king in Africa

AYODEJI ADEWUNMI-JOBBERMAN Africa’s largest job search site

SEUN OSEWA-NAIRALAND

MIKE ADENUGA-GLOBACOM Only privately-owned telecommunication company in Nigeria

DELE MOMODU-OVATION

CHIEF M .OBAGUN-ONWARD PAPERS

FUNMI OPEKE-MAIN ONE GROUP provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs,government agencies, large enterprise, and educational institutions in West Africa. services all the telecommunications companies in the country, services 16 out of the 23 commercial banks in the country

JAMES ABODERIN-PUNCH NEWSPAPERS

ALHAJI MURI GBADEYINKA- MITV/STAR FM

TAJUDEEN ADEPETU-SOUNDCITY

SUBOMI BALOGUN-FCMB

TUNDE AYENI- SKYE BANK

FOLA ADEOLA-GTB

DEINDE FERNANDEZ-PETRO INETT

VICTOR OBASUYI-OBASUYI HOLDINGS a real estate venture with properties that boast more than 40 tenants in the City of Waterloo alone

ROBERT AGBEDE-CHESTER LNG Biggest black engineering firm in the U.S

KASE LUKMAN LAWAL-CAMAC HOLDINGS 2002 CAMAC was named the largest African-American owned company on the Black Enterprise 100s list.

BODE AKINDELE-FAIRGATE GROUP The group is worth over 1billion pounds( among company’s tenants are ASDA WALLMART,controls 1/3 of the world’s match-making market. CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS/ MODAMOLA GROUP OF COMPANIES/NIGERIAN BISCUITS LIMITED

MODUPE ABIOLA-INTERN AVENUE one of the most influential black bussinesswomen in britain in 2013

JIMOH IBRAHIM-NICON GROUP/GLOBAL FLEET GROUP Air Nigeria/Nicon Insurance/Nigeria Re-Insurance Corporation/Nicon Luxury Hotel Lagos/Nigeria - Holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others Global Fleet Oil and Gas, Nicon Hotels, Global Fleet Industries Energy Bank - Accra, Ghana Energy Bank São Tomé Global Media Mirror Limited

TUNJI OWOEYE-ELEPHANT GROUP

RAZAQ OKOYA-ELEGANZA GROUP

OBA OTUDEKO-HONEYWELL GROUP

PRINCE SAMUEL ADEDOYIN-DOYIN GROUP OF COMPANIES Global Soap & Detergent Industries Limited, Consolidated Foods and Beverages Limited Doyin Pharmaceutical (Nigeria) Limited,Doyin Farms

TUNDE FOLAWIYO-YINKA FOLAWIYO GROUP

JIMOH OYEDELE IBRAHEEM-PICCADILY INSURANCE/UNIQUE ALUMINIUM PRODUCTS LIMITED

CHIEF SAMUEL ADEGBITE-OASIS GROUP

CHIEF MICHAEL ADE OJO-ELIZADE GROUP Largest importer/seller of toyota vehicles in west africa),elizade university

LADI DELANO-BAKRIE DELANO AFRICA Nigeria’s youngest billionaire

ADEREMI MAKANJUOLA-CAVERTON OFFSHORE GROUP Africa’s first integrated offshore support service provider

CHIEF HARRY AKANDE-AIC NIGERIA

TAYO AMUSAN-THE PALMS SHOPPING MALL The first shopping mall in Nigeria/PERSIANS GROUP

OBA OTUDEKO-RADISON BLU HOTEL

OLOROGUN SUNNY KUKU- EKO HOTEL

TAYO AYENI-SKYMIT MOTORS

CHIEF KESSIGNTON ADEBUTU-PREMIER LOTTO (BABA IJEBU) Nigeria’s most popular lotto operator

AKIN ALABI-NAIRABET Nigeria's first online sports betting portal

OLAYINKA ADEBAYO-TASTEE FRIED CHICKEN

KEHINDE KAMSON-SWEET SENSATION

OLADIMEJI OWOFEMI- MULTI-TREX FOODS,Nigeria’s first indigenous chocolate manufavturer owns the largest chocolate factory in Africa

FOLU AYENI-TANTALIZERS

DEJI FAJEMIROKUN-CHICKEN REPUBLIC/AIICO INSURANCE/XEROX NIGERIA/KINGS GUARDS

WALE BABALAKIN-BI COURTNEY Owns MMA Terminal 2. The only privately owned airport terminal in Africa/STABILINI VISINONI foremost construction company

KAYODE ODUKOYA-FIRST NATION AIRWAYS

TUNDE KEHINDE-AFRICAN COURIER EXPRESS

BOLA AKINDELE-COURTEVILLE GROUP

BANKOLE CARDOSO-EASY TAXI/ forbes future billionaires list

ISSAC DUROJAIYE-DMT MOBILE TOILETS
[/b]

This is good but not exhaustive.

There are numerous business people not on this list.

However, why did you put Seun Osewa on the list? Is that meant to encourage him? Because Seun is just a small fry among the juggernauts .

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
IlekeHD:
Michael Ade-Ojo

Source: Car distribution

Michael Ade-Ojo is the biggest seller of Toyota vehicles in West Africa. His Elizade Group accounts for over 10% of all Toyota sales in Nigeria. He is also chairman of Toyota Nigeria and is a key shareholder of RT Briscoe PLC, an NSE-listed distributor of Toyota cars in Nigeria.
This man is the owner of Elizade University, Ondo state. He and his Japanese partners are also currently building a Toyota Automobile Manufacturing Factory in Ogun state

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
modath:

I'm so proud of this guy, he & his bushy hair I follow on twitter & baby Ladi.

One day, Mo's closet project will make this kind of impact..amen..

Here is a new one fro MO ABUDU...http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/10/23/official-photos-dakore-akande-omoni-oboli-ireti-doyle-nse-ikpe-etim-mo-abudu-wale-ojo-biyi-bandele-more-at-the-fifty-bfi-london-premiere/
Mo Abudu, Wale Ojo & Ireti Doyle

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
IlekeHD:
I never knew that Yoruba women are the founder and CEO of so many companies in Nigeria. 10 years from now, if properly managed, an Oduah (O'dua) nation could be a hub of so many things; technology, shopping, education, cultural tourism, women care, health etc.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=django1 post=39287369][/quote] Where is sloothe, is that Egbon still round ? I'm sure he hasa alot of IB pics
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
veraponpo:

This is good but not exhaustive.

There are numerous business people not on this list.

However, why did you put Seun Osewa on the list? Is that meant to encourage him? Because Seun is just a small fry among the juggernauts .

I dont think its about wealth but influence,nairaland is among the 5 most visited websites in nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.