Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

"Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani (33719 Views)

Labour Party Wins Oyo Bye Election To Replace Slain Lawmaker, Gideon Aremu / Assassins Shoot Gideon Aremu Dead In Oyo / Buhari Is Not Shy Around Women, Presidency Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by midolian(m): 6:10am On Oct 23, 2015
Some insight has been provided into President Muhammadu Buhari’s aversion for women and the low number of female appointments since he assumed office, with his Senior Special Assistant, Political Matters, Mr. Gideon Samani, disclosing that the president did not include many women in his cabinet because he is “very shy dealing with the opposite sex”.

Samani, who spoke on Thursday in Abuja at the fifth annual lecture series organised by the Change We Need in Nigeria group, said Buhari was used to interacting with men, but added quickly that the issue of gender inequality would be addressed by the president.

His statement contrasted with that of a ministerial nominee from Kogi State, Mr. James Ocholi (SAN), who in defence of the low representation of women in the federal cabinet, told the Senate on Thursday that Buhari had brought women into prominence, including the late Prof. Dora Akunyili.

According to Samani, “If you are close to Mr. President, you will know that he has the interest of the nation as his uppermost priority.  He did not intentionally marginalise women.

“It is just that Mr. President is shy with women. He has been interacting mostly with men. I can assure you that in the shortest time, this issue of gender inequality will be dealt with.”

Samani, who was once a Speaker of the Kaduna State House of Assembly and represented the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Babachir Lawal at the event, said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lost the last election to the All Progressives Congress (APC) due to insecurity, economic challenges and corruption in high places, thereby forcing the people to seek for change.
“The change we seek is real and not mere rhetoric. People must feel it, touch it, and experience it across the different strata of our society – in schools, churches, market places and at all our duty posts.

“It is not going to be business as usual. Many guilty Nigerians, of their own accord, have fled the country. Our public institutions are now working.

“The availability of fuel and the generation and distribution of power have improved ever since. All hands must be on deck for all of us to be these agents of change,” he stated.

Speaking at the event, Senator Chris Anyanwu expressed disappointment with the appointments made so far by the president, stating that despite the fact that the number one citizen benefitted immensely from female voters, he has relegated them to the background.

She noted that so far, no woman from the South-east had been given a political appointment and that even the numbers of women in Buhari’s government is a far cry from what obtains worldwide.

“Mr. President has benefitted so much from us. We don’t expect him to draw us back. Women are able and strong to move this nation forward. Anything you do, you should know that the whole world is watching you.

“So far, women have been marginalised. No woman from the east has been given a political appointment and the ones he did were a far cry to what is obtainable anywhere in the world.

“We talk of change but we are afraid of the change. We have moved from the era where women clapped and danced for male politicians. President Buhari should be gender sensitive. He should open the door and let women rise up to their full potential,” she said.

The senator added that gender equality should begin with parents by treating their children equally.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/presidential-aide-buhari-is-shy-around-the-opposite-sex/223525/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by Papasmal(m): 6:12am On Oct 23, 2015
Oh! I see
Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by midolian(m): 6:13am On Oct 23, 2015
Shy wetin? Not after wooing a beautiful lady like Aisha..and an equally beautiful one before her grin grin

My president is only being careful.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by sovpounds(m): 6:16am On Oct 23, 2015
Is he also shy around Southerners?

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 23, 2015
sovpounds:
No! Southerners are shy around him. Reason they beat their chests "only" in their various homes grin

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by xpac01(m): 6:17am On Oct 23, 2015
I just know this a long time ago. Buhari got no flair for women..

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by illmatic101(m): 6:23am On Oct 23, 2015
Chai!!

Another excuse as usual, PMB should know nominating Esther sorry Ameachi as a minister doesn't persuade the feelings of the women, He should appoint real women into his cabinet except his trying to tell us something else.

Shy my a55, are they indirectly questioning the paternity of his children or telling us Ameachi is his beatch

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by Tallesty1(m): 6:24am On Oct 23, 2015
Another achievement recorded.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by SeverusSnape(m): 6:24am On Oct 23, 2015
midolian:
Who would believe Elephants are terrified by ants? grin grin
So according to Islam women are ants??

No wonder there is no gender equality in his appointments.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by SeverusSnape(m): 6:25am On Oct 23, 2015
Tallesty1:
Another achievement recorded.
Imagine the joke. Watch as the zombies add this to one of his "numerous achievements". grin

They be like, "Buhari is a very holy man, he doesn't get along with women unlike the 'clueless one'".

Bunch of sycophantic sycophants.

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 23, 2015
My President looks it.................. The most faithful President to rule Nigeria. God bless my handsome Presido.

10 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by SeverusSnape(m): 6:26am On Oct 23, 2015
sovpounds:
No, But according to him, southerners are "infidels" undecided ... Who are not competent and Trustworthy enough to hold sensitive positions.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by permsec: 6:28am On Oct 23, 2015
Yeah its obvious. He love gays instead.

12 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by Banter1(m): 6:29am On Oct 23, 2015
Wow.
Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by omowolewa: 6:30am On Oct 23, 2015
Is he shy around his wife and daughter too?

4 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by SeverusSnape(m): 6:32am On Oct 23, 2015
permsec:
Yeah its obvious. He love gays instead.
Exactly!... I see that 'gay right' materializing. undecided

None of my business though. *shrugs*

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by MrScript(m): 6:35am On Oct 23, 2015
Rubbish, how dis 1 take concern us

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by modath(f): 6:36am On Oct 23, 2015
Midolian,

Your analogy, we didn't gree ooo.....Your thoughts are good but the choice of words are not cheery & trust detractors to exploit it & help you give it wings to fly....... please do the needful..... thx...

PMB is a disciplined man, no biggie...

Even you sef are a woman, midolian jenner..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by Aufbauh(m): 6:39am On Oct 23, 2015
Please leave my amiable and endearing President alone.
Buhari is a Muslim saint who's not into womanizing like senator Yerima and alcoholism like the Otueke grandmaster.
He is solely concerned with the business of the day and that is good governance!

11 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by kokoA(m): 6:40am On Oct 23, 2015
Fear women o if you want too be a very successful man. Bottom power can rubbish years of hardwork in one day. Mr. President knows his weakness and he is trying to void it unlike someone I use to know who surrounded himself with lots of women who were just rubbing his head and looting with reckless abandon while he kept smiling sheepishly at them. grin

14 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by Cutehector(m): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2015
U guys av forgoten he used to b a military man

3 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by Tallesty1(m): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Imagine the joke. Watch as the zombies add this to one of his "numerous achievements". grin

They be like, "Buhari is a very holy man, he doesn't get along with women unlike the 'clueless one'".

Bunch of sycophantic sycophants.
gringringringringrin.

Yea... Same way he broke records by defying rain some days ago.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by QuotaSystem: 6:42am On Oct 23, 2015
The tall, handsome and fair General can afford to be shy around women as they naturally flock to him so no biggie...

If you're Jonathan/Obj, being shy around women is an expensive joke as you would just die of a ruptured scrotum
grin

11 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by Rilwayne001: 6:45am On Oct 23, 2015
grin grin
Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by midolian(m): 6:45am On Oct 23, 2015
modath:

Midolian,

Your analogy, we didn't gree ooo.....Your thoughts are good but the choice of words are not cheery & trust detractors to exploit it & help you give it wings to fly....... please do the needful..... thx...

PMB is a disciplined man, no biggie...

Even you sef are a woman, midolian jenner..

thanks.. I have done that

@ the emboldened.. I just reported one.
Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by omenka(m): 6:46am On Oct 23, 2015
midolian:
Who would believe Elephants are terrified by ants? grin grin
Beremx, Obiagelli, Modath and NgeneUkwenu are coming for you! grin

See the way that wailer wan die on top this matter- 5 comments on the thread already. That is what happens when you wake up on a bright morning with so much anger, hatred and anguish in your stomach. You act like a mad man without even knowing it. cheesy

@post: I guess this is the only area, besides being indescribably dumb, that Jo Boy surpasses our Amiable President- ask Seyi Shey. angry

9 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by SeverusSnape(m): 6:51am On Oct 23, 2015
omenka:

See the way that wailer wan die on top this matter- 5 comments on the thread already. That is what happens when you wake up on a bright morning with so much anger, hatred and anguish in your stomach. You act like a mad man without even knowing it. cheesy

@post: I guess this is the only area, besides being indescribably dumb, that Jo Boy surpasses our Amiable President- ask Seyi Shey. angry
Fulani slave, So you still believe NgeneUkwenu is a woman? cheesy

No wonder I call you a zombie. Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin

15 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by midolian(m): 6:52am On Oct 23, 2015
omenka:

lool.. I have done the needful. grin grin

Was actually referring to Diezani and her likes

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by agarawu23(m): 6:53am On Oct 23, 2015
grin grin[
Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by Omotayor123(f): 6:54am On Oct 23, 2015
Like seriously
Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by demelza: 6:54am On Oct 23, 2015
omenka:

Not forgetting Omoni Oboli who saw no problem in exposing her entire chest area when she went to meet him. Dude had the pull!

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2015
omenka:

So you guys want my Sai Buhari to die like our former President?? tongue

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanusi And Ganduje Commission Mosque Built By A Saudi Arabian In Kano / Amotekun Kills 3 Youths In Oyo Over Carnival / June 12th Democracy Day: Buhari Is A Joke - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.