Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) (786 Views)

Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by Ojestas(m): 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
In a Nigerian family setting,every child
is mandated to do chores to keep the
house clean and sparkling so things
can move smoothly,some chores are
classified as feminine while some are
for the masculine gender to do,but in
a situation where only a gender
dominates in a family, the children are
forced to do all the chores whether
feminine or masculine...

I got inspired to create this thread as an opposite thread after reading Misspicy's topic on FP.

Below are the 5 feminine chores i did as male child; grin

1. Sweeping: In a family, i think sweeping is one of the core chores of the female child(ren) but lo, i did this for some years. It became my hobby sef, na me dey sweep my class for primary school and secondary school. Female NLers, try turn floor if i no go fit sweep u grin

2. Washing Of plates: Naturally, if you have a female child in the family, she's expected to do this. But mehn, i washed plates like kilode. I fell in love with this chore because i like seeing my fingers in water. If una turn plates sef, i go wash u sharperly.

3.Cleaning the Louvres/glasses: Every Saturday morning like this, i had to clean the Louvres one after the other till they look brand new. Still, na girls' chore be this joor, e no suppose concern us. Then, i would clean the whole Louvres of cocoa house, ibadan in a jiffy tongue .

4. Going to Market: I v got no choice than to go to Market whenever mum was busy,even when she wanted to go, i had to follow her and carry basket on my head. I knew all her customers then. She would say; go to my customer, tell her she should sell the tomatoes "as usual". . Some girls on here can't even identify Tomatoes from Rodo(pepper)

5. Bathing the junior ones: Na to wake up early, bath for my younger ones o, cream them Nd get them dressed for school before getting my own self ready

P.S: All the mentioned were just to ease the stress on mother. She would say "being a boy no be disease" u should do chores girls do. i am sure most guys do these too.

Well, i still do sweep and wash plates whenever my gf is not around.

Guys, Are u with me Add your points too.

Legooooooo

Cc: Lalasticlala Ishilove.
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by misspicy(f): 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
Lol....

I know someone will rise to the challenge...ojestas nice one...
its all about helping our parents,some ajebo children will not understand this though

1 Like

Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by RobinHez(m): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
undecided
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by zinachidi(m): 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
i cooked even when my mum was @ home..cheesy. She taught us how to cook, thereafter stopped cooking in the house lol....
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by lilmax(m): 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
Anything like masculine and feminine chores? undecided

@op you no just get sense, so me when do everything come be wetin? Smh
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by Freakypinky(f): 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
How are these chores feminine?
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
I build house,even some guys cant even do it,i can build a housecheesycheesycheesy
lie dey sweet shaaawink
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
lilmax:

u be mascufami
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by MadCow1: 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
5 Feminine chores I did as a child

1. COOK:: Yeah.. I cooked the shiit out of dishes. Soups, beans, jollof rice, etc. I was so good I became the official Cook of the house. My friend had to undergo surgery for overfeeding to unblock his intestine after eating my 4 plates of my legendary beans in one sitting.

2. GOING TO THE MARKET: Yep! I was that cute fineass young man in the market with a shopping list pricing Okazi, Egusi, meat, e.t.c. That shiit upped my negotiation skills to a high level and that has come in handy in my current career in Contracts and Procurement.

3. Baby Sitting: For Shizzle.. It didn't help that I am senior to my brother and my youngest sister by atleast twenty years. Yeah!! I was with my mum when she went into labour for their cuteasses. Funny story. But yeah.. I had to bottle feed them, burp them, change their diapers, give them their bathes sometimes, carry them till they fell asleep at night and baby sit them on many occasions.

4. Housekeeping: Mmhmm.. Sweep, mop, dust, arrange, wash dishes, pound food ingredients, e.t.c.. Did all that shiit.

5. Laundry.: Yeah. I did that too. Hated it but hells, I did it.

pffft.

1 Like

Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by Ojestas(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
lilmax:

U can always pass your comment without being offensive. . It tells a lot about the kinda person you are. Thank you
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by virginboy1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
*Throwing of dustbin.
*Fetching of water with a big basin/bucket from another street or compound,I learned how to make oshuka'
*Fetching and gathering of fireword
*Going to the market
*Baby sitting:
*Sweeping
*Washing Plates
*Packing sh*ts of baby
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
tongue Mshewww
How are these feminine chores?
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by Wenebadu(f): 6:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
I like it when the guys do most of the feminine chores,but my brothers and mum won't allow that...SMH
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by Rukkydelta(f): 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
Another counter thread. In my family there is nothing like male/female chores,both male and female does the same house chores
Re: 5 Feminine Chores I Did As A Male Child. (counter Thread) by bidexmat(m): 8:42am On Oct 24, 2015
Freakypinky:
How are these chores feminine?
freakypinky, remember moi in your kingdom, you've held me spell bound wallahi!

(1) (Reply)

The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Ever Wondered Why Pregnant Women Butt Look Bigger And Disappear After Birth. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.