Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,820 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

[video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space (1686 Views)

Aregbesola Receives UNIOSUN Medical Doctor Graduates From Ukraine / Tinubu Finally Speaks On Buhari's Health, Urges Nigerian To Pray / A Man Was Sent To Space And Came Back Different. No One Knows What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space by IlekeHD: 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2015

A Nigerian doctor, Freeman Osonuga has been named among top three young global leaders who could win a trip to space worth $100,000.

The young doctor could become the first black African in space.

The competition is “organized by London-based talent agency Kruger Cowne in partnership with One Young World and Xcor Space Expeditions… putting this person in the global spotlight to help lead and promote issues of global importance,” Quartz reported.

[size=18pt]“If selected, I will be making Africa proud as the first black African to go to space thereby making history in the process,”
[/size]

“Going to space is not the overall objective of the project. It is to be able to raise global conversations on issues that affect us all as inhabitants of planet earth such as climate change, global peace and poverty,” Osonuga told Quartz.

The race to be the first black African to space is heating up as South African DJ Mandla Maseko could still beat Osonuga to the record. Maseko, who won a different contest but he is still waiting for the confirmation date for his space mission, provisionally set for 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCRA_4U2wLE

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/world/Video-Medical-doctor-could-be-first-Nigerian-to-space-388884

@mods @lalasticala

This is not a Tonto Dike or Omotola thread, but it's worth it.

1 Like

Re: [video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space by jstbeinhonest(m): 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nyc, lalasticlala where are u?
Re: [video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space by 100freekiss: 11:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

A Nigerian doctor, Freeman Osonuga has been named among top three young global leaders who could win a trip to space worth $100,000.

The young doctor could become the first black African in space.

The competition is “organized by London-based talent agency Kruger Cowne in partnership with One Young World and Xcor Space Expeditions… putting this person in the global spotlight to help lead and promote issues of global importance,” Quartz reported.

[size=18pt]“If selected, I will be making Africa proud as the first black African to go to space thereby making history in the process,”
[/size]

“Going to space is not the overall objective of the project. It is to be able to raise global conversations on issues that affect us all as inhabitants of planet earth such as climate change, global peace and poverty,” Osonuga told Quartz.

The race to be the first black African to space is heating up as South African DJ Mandla Maseko could still beat Osonuga to the record. Maseko, who won a different contest but he is still waiting for the confirmation date for his space mission, provisionally set for 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCRA_4U2wLE

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/world/Video-Medical-doctor-could-be-first-Nigerian-to-space-388884

@mods @lalasticala

This is not a Tonto Dike or Omotola thread, but it's worth it.

NB: @ilekehd your hatred for igbos will kill you, watch and see

1 Like

Re: [video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space by 100freekiss: 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
@IlekeHD your hatred for my igbo people will surely kill you. And you will definitely burn in hell.

Let me see any of your anti-igbo comments again on NL, then I will track you down and deal with you personally. I.m.b.e.c.i.l.e
Re: [video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space by IlekeHD: 12:42am On Oct 24, 2015
100freekiss:
@IlekeHD your hatred for my igbo people will surely kill you. And you will definitely burn in hell.

Let me see any of your anti-igbo comments again on NL, then I will track you down and deal with you personally. I.m.b.e.c.i.l.e

lalasticala, please do something about this derailer.

Some people will do anything to divert attention from great news
Re: [video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space by 100freekiss: 1:26am On Oct 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

lalasticala, please do something about this derailer.

Some people will do anything to divert attention from great news

You're a hypocrite
I.d.i.o.t

Let me see your anti-igbo comments again, you will surely meet your god very soon.
Re: [video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space by 100freekiss: 1:31am On Oct 24, 2015
Nobody will move your news to front page.

Go and die
Re: [video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 24, 2015
I knew he must be Igbo before I opened the page.
Re: [video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space by OAUTemitayo: 4:31am On Oct 24, 2015
new2020:
I knew he must be Igbo before I opened the page.
Osonuga is Yoruba

1 Like

Re: [video] Medical Doctor Could Be First Nigerian To Space by IlekeHD: 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
I wonder why this didn't make front page.... oh yea, because doctor is Yoruba and Politics mods are igbos.

Seun, see ya life.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photo Of Boko Haram Militant Killed By Nigerian Troops In Latest Raid / What Biafra Agitators Should Know Before They Keep Protesting. By Wisdomkosi / Breakingnews! Raymond Dokpesi In Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.