Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... (46655 Views)

4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos / Are You A Graduate With Second Class Or Hnd Ceriificate...here Is My Mail.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 25, 2015
kokorodudu:

What were you doing in school when you mates were reading? Payback is a bitch - you don't deserve a job. My opinion though and not a judgment of your person.
Who is this demented fool?

3 Likes

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2015
godspeed:

Wail on dear! It always delight my soul when I see people like u complain now. Reality has finally hit you hard in the face.

I remember back in school days, you dare not be seen studying hard, people like you will subject such students to extreme ridicule that is hard to bare.

You label studious students all kinds of vile names like effico, prof, igi iwe e.t.c to the extent that u won't even want to be seen on the way to the library.

People like u always brag and console yourselves that grades don't matter but it's connectionis and who u know that will get u job, well u have one now.

Now that u have seen that reality is not as simple as y'all made it looked, no doubts if u look back , you'll wish u get a second opportunity to do what's right.

This is also some kind of lesson to those in school now, help yourself by finishing among the best so that those you know will have an easy job helping u in the future.

For now, op and your ilk can continue wailing while u let the people u have mocked to scorn in the past enjoy the fruits of their labour and have the last laugh.

Lolz you are very wrong here sir, during my undergraduate days I read with this "EFICOs" and we exchange ideas as regards the exams we are about to attempt but when result comes out everybody sees his or her score. I do smile then because I'm sure I can't fail because I studied to know not to cram and to shock you I never had a carry-over.

I'm sure you graduated with a FIRST CLASS please pass the message here what you did then, your strategies and methods adopted to get that grade instead of looking for someone to criticize. You can type whatever you feel like here its no body's headache but for those who wrote encouraging words, God Bless You Plenty!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Dahveydson(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2015
Helkayklassic:

Chai, your 2.2 is damn strong bro..Goodluck in all your endeavour bro.

Thanks man. Goodluck to you too.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by ireke(m): 11:11am On Oct 25, 2015
Jagabanthelion:
Enough of this 2.2 rubbish. If uve got a 2.2 and u are not confident enough of yourself,then go into your room,lock yourself up and cry at least 5hours per day till u regain your confidence. A firm denied u an opportunity because of your grade,dat now means everybody with d same grade shd join u and cry? Do u know how many 2.2s I know are gainfully employed and doing well,driving jeeps,without using connections to get the job? I also know many 2.1s tired of staying at home jobless. I know some big companies who only ask for your certificate after handing u their offer letter. They just document it. Notore Petrochemicals is an example. I will advise u to takeout the 2.2grade from your CV,so that u can bypass those coys who disqualify people at d sight of 2.2. Just put "Second class honours" its enough. If u are called for test,go there n prove your mettle. Apart frm Shell,Chevron,(d very top players),bakerhughes,halliburton etc and some Dragnet organised tests that insist on 2.1,most coys accept 2.2,provided u do well in their tests n interviews. Start small,get d experience n apply for any experienced position with your 2.2,n get to see yourself at d top. Its just time that distinguishes grades. Experienced jobs don't ask for 2.1 or 2.2,research it yourself. Get over d stigma u have placed on yourself and get busy. Apply for all jobs,in your field and let the company decide if u are eligible or not. Dnt disqualify yourself by yourself.Its not your duty,but that of the company. Peace.

Good responses @ Jangabanthelion & Fried plantain (though I didn't quote you).

I had a 2.2 but I think I can look back and say I have tried for myself. These are some of the things I did and I'm not saying it will work same way for everybody but hey say LUCK is when OPPORTUNITY meets PREPAREDNESS.

1. I prepared hard for aptitude tests - I actually started preparing during my youth service even before I started applying for jobs.
2. I added a higher degree - Luckily, I got a job not too long after my service. I had started a masters degree but had to abandon it since I had to change location. I started another masters program in an area that is in my list of future interests and completed it.
3. I am still developing myself - 19 years after graduation but I'm still reading. one additional MSc (making 2) a couple of Certificates/diplomas (not two weeks classes o) with serious demanding online learning contents.

One last thing is that I never really felt comfortable with myself. I could afford not to bother about 2 and 3 above because my first salary (per month o) was more than what either of my parents got as gratuity payment (roughly 3 years' salary) after serving government for >30 years. However, it was not enough to make me forget myself. That salary has grown in exponentials but I'm still improving myself.

Again, maybe that's my own way of keeping myself happy so it may not apply to everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 25, 2015
FrenchyL:

I have a 3rd class but i have only worked for Multinationals since my undergraduate days. The summary of the matter is this: It is not about having a First class or 2:1, it is about knowing that your life is not dependent on some piece of paper but on the Grace of God. I am a witness and i want you to know that it can be your case also. I never even allow the class of my certificate bother me. I only focus in the direction i want my life to go and i do not waver.

I wish you the best in your future quest.

God bless you sir and believe me this has ignited my zeal.... Keep up the cruise of success and I pray you will always be on the top....IJN

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Ibime(m): 11:22am On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:
Its so pathetic and demoralizing that we leave in a country where certificate is the most sort after by our indigenous firms and even foreign firms.

Sorry, you are unemployable. Quit complaining.

You grammar is at the level of a secondary school leaver and you are here complaining that no one will give you a job.

WTF is "we leave in a country"? No be live again?

WTF is "sort after"? No be sought after?

My friend, go back to school! Your certificate is useless. After passing through the 4 walls of a uni, see the gbagaun you dey drop for here.

Your CV must be littered with gbagaun. Thunder fire my HR staff if they give you a job. Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by godspeed: 11:23am On Oct 25, 2015
crixtex:

Depraved soul....like wen u die, u will go with ur grade... infantile mentality. .. very puerile. ..

E pain u well? Pele. It's too late for u now. Reality is hitting u very hard in the face.

And yes, when I die I go with my grade, it's my achievement and it's permanent for eternity no one can and will ever take that away from me not even your hateful soul.

Like I said, we are having the last laugh and if u are pained get the next cab( if u can afford one) and drive to hell.e-diot
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Vick4rill(m): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2015
EmekaBlue:
y u hv to arrange ur games well and play betting so u can get enuf money to establish oneself
bro i heard of this betting of a thing am interested please teach me
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by missyadorable(f): 11:29am On Oct 25, 2015
Jagabanthelion:
Enough of this 2.2 rubbish. If uve got a 2.2 and u are not confident enough of yourself,then go into your room,lock yourself up and cry at least 5hours per day till u regain your confidence. A firm denied u an opportunity because of your grade,dat now means everybody with d same grade shd join u and cry? Do u know how many 2.2s I know are gainfully employed and doing well,driving jeeps,without using connections to get the job? I also know many 2.1s tired of staying at home jobless. I know some big companies who only ask for your certificate after handing u their offer letter. They just document it. Notore Petrochemicals is an example. I will advise u to takeout the 2.2grade from your CV,so that u can bypass those coys who disqualify people at d sight of 2.2. Just put "Second class honours" its enough. If u are called for test,go there n prove your mettle. Apart frm Shell,Chevron,(d very top players),bakerhughes,halliburton etc and some Dragnet organised tests that insist on 2.1,most coys accept 2.2,provided u do well in their tests n interviews. Start small,get d experience n apply for any experienced position with your 2.2,n get to see yourself at d top. Its just time that distinguishes grades. Experienced jobs don't ask for 2.1 or 2.2,research it yourself. Get over d stigma u have placed on yourself and get busy. Apply for all jobs,in your field and let the company decide if u are eligible or not. Dnt disqualify yourself by yourself.Its not your duty,but that of the company. Peace.
Well said.My bro had a 2.2 chemical engr,he was so perturbed n sad wt his grade but we encouraged him,he got a job with Shell warri 8months post, NYSC without connection,he just applied online,he wrote online test organised by dragnet n invited for interview while many of his 1st class n 2.1 colleagues didn't pass the test.he has now been sent to Spain for training.

2 Likes

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by telim: 11:33am On Oct 25, 2015
Bank450:

Wow, well said you one of few Nigerians who really know what internet marketing is. Most of them only know how to sell eBook(information marketing), but when it comes to real IM like niche sites bing ads fb ads teespring cpa ppd ppi seo they suck.

So what do you do? Lets talk.

Currently i promote adult ppl offers from crakrevenue and non adult offers from maxbounty using free traffics and paid traffic method. I also have niche site that was making an average of 110 bucks daily but i got hit by google in their last update because i was boosting my ranking via my PBN and paid spammy link blasting method from black market, my niche site as completely dissapeared from SERP and currently earn $0, i told my friends on skype and they recommend i forget about the site that the domain as already being blacklisted by big G and is never going to retain its authority.
So, i started a new authority site three weeks ago in health niche. Am done with the layout and currently optimizing the on page SEO and adding original contents that are written by two Indian students, both of them are to provide two contents daily with minimum of 500 words for $270 per month using my provided long tail keywords. After filling each category of the site with decent content i will start building links to my site and promoting it on google ads and bing ads on tier three and tier two countries for cheap click using few coupon i have with me but these time around am adopting white hat tactics.
Am optimistic that If everything is done well, my site will start getting organic traffics and more authority from big G and gradually out rank my competitors with spammy links in two months time. I invest part of the cash i earn from CPA to my niche site and i currently earn much more than 9 to 5 guys from CPA alone.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by ajasa4link: 11:33am On Oct 25, 2015
Ibime:

You grammar is at the level of a secondary school leaver and you are here complaining that no one will give you a job.

My friend, go back to school! Your certificate is useless. After passing through the 4 walls of a uni, see the gbagaun you dey drop for here.

Your CV must be littered with gbagaun. Thunder fire my HR staff if they give you a job. Nonsense!

LOL.... See ibime using Chelsea loss to Para for the guy. Oya no fex na

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Johnnyessence(m): 11:37am On Oct 25, 2015
fabiomatic:
op, I agree with you. 2'2 will struggle for job and even when they get, it might be peanut renumeration.
to hell with struggle for jobs why not plan to establish something on our own with ur saved allowed hmmmmmmm. Like me have been watching how this unemployment opportunity is much in this country, imagine dropping graduate that av 2:2 and 3:1 well shaaaa God dey oooo.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 25, 2015
Ibime:

Hello Mr Ibime, first I accept the fact that four (4) errors was in my write-up but mistakenly I didn't completely edit them before posting and it has been quoted already meaning when I noticed I couldn't edit anymore. Did I hear you say your HR? Lolz its just a mistake on my own side but its cool you give your HR the best of your instruction.

Shalom!!
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Janyves(m): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2015
Peeps... From my perspective, Having 1st class/distinction, 2.1/upper credit is only a title.....it doesn't guarantee career success. And those thinking Msc. Is a way out....... well u got someone to pay the bills.( its beta if you don't stop there ....get the doctorate and switch to the academia jeje). Peeps whose families are already looking up to em will know that Msc without scholarship aid isn't a good idea after nysc pop. Guys make we 4get grades... As long as you aren't lazy/shy/overambitious,having survived all the intellectual/emotional drills of naija's tertiary institutions, you can't remain hungry. Destiny supersedes all, as long as you don't loose track with God(irrespective of religion)
Peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by crackhouse(m): 11:48am On Oct 25, 2015
I have a friend with 2:1 in Engineering and masters too who has been unemployed for up to 5yrs now and managed to get one now where they pay him 30k monthly and this Op is here talking shit like the world begins and ends with certificate.

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Ibime(m): 11:49am On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:

Hello Mr Ibime, first I accept the fact that four (4) errors was in my write-up but mistakenly I didn't completely edit them before posting and it has been quoted already meaning when I noticed I couldn't edit anymore. Did I hear you say your HR? Lolz its just a mistake on my own side but its cool you give your HR the best of your instruction.

Shalom!!

No vex . . . 4 errors were in your write up, not was.

I think this is one of the main causes of your current predicament, not just the fact that you finished with a 2.2.

There are many graduates gainfully employed with a 2:2. These errors will give HR the impression that you are not widely read and have no interest in reading (or learning new things). Consequently, they will determine that you are not adaptable or open to new ideas, and are incapable of research whilst on the job.

Just a piece of my mind.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 25, 2015
Mcowubaba:

So u be chartered accountant shocked nd u dey jonse like this...cheesy
How I take dey jonze na? undecided
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:

Lolz.... At the job market, institution got no difference ooo
Bro....it does. I know a firm that employed 20 graduate trainees and 19 of them are foreign trained and just 1 from naija....guess wat?.

......she's from a private uni......

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by fotadmowmend(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2015
If nothing is done to stop t

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by lamash: 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
Having a 2.1 or 1st class dosent mean u will be the best person for the job and its shocking the level of discrimination with having a 2.2 in this country...
Developed countries are already realising that having a 2.2 dosent mean u r not good enough that is why Ernst & Young one of UKs biggest graduate recruiters anounced recently that they will be removing the degree classification from its entry criteria, saying there is "no evidence" that success at university level correlates with achievement in later life.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7932590

When I finished with a 2.2 which was even a 2.7 CGPA cos of conditions I cnt explain here, I remembered ma brodas sayin ow u wan get work with a 2.2? cos they all finished with a 2.1 i was very sad n all But as God wuld have it I got a job less than 6months after NYSC with a pay higher then my brodas own..

Irrespective of my experience I always advice peeps in school to try and finish with a 2.1 as there are more opportunities..

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
kokorodudu:

What were you doing in school when you mates were reading? Payback is a bitch - you don't deserve a job. My opinion though and not a judgment of your person.

When professionals and working class men places comment you discover them and accept whatever advice they've got to offer not a mere "pepper seller" like you who never in the first place passed through the four corners of THE UNIVERSITY

Has it occurred to you that my CGPA when placed on percentage (%) its above 60%? And you are here typing trash "I don't deserve a job" I don't blame you when your children gets into the university you will see their performance and I pray they don't pay for A's on the bed with their lecturers (if they are ladies)

So if you've got nothing to say just keep quiet and continue to read sensible people's post.

Shalom!!

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by abbey621(m): 12:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Its so pathetic and demoralizing that we leave in a country where certificate is the most sort after by our indigenous firms and even foreign

Your grammar sucks! I have to be frank with you, why are you behaving like the world is ending? What do you want those graduates with third class to do? Believe me when I say it's not about the degree but what you end up doing with it. You graduated with 2.2, so what? What have you been doing since? Does your line of study have professional designations and have you gotten certified? Have you considered an higher level degree? Many people here have given you great advice, from entrepreneurship to obtaining a graduate degree, your choice is endless. Get up, dust yourself up and like Nike "Just Do It"!

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ibime:

Boss you harsh o. This is not rap section.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dahveydson:

I got 3.49 CGPA. Totally can relate to this. We can only hope and keep at it.
bro we are almost on same dilemma, mine is 3.46

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:

...If you've got your 1st class or 2:1 and you are gainfully employed in a cool company with good pay lucky you and I wish you all the best, for those still looking out for a good job the lord shall answer "OUR" prayers but doing something with your saved Allawee is not a bad idea anyway!!

Happy Weekend!!

Tbliss12

Let's rely and put our trust solely on our Creator. Let's keep praying and being optimistic. In verity, good and beneficial things will come our respective ways.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by lexaydfg(m): 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
frenchboy:
Learn a skill,like languages....contact me on how to read and write french,they must call u,i try it and it woks......i hav those who has no cert yet they earn #100,000 plus,they wok in 5stars hotel

Frenchboy, I will like to read and write in french.... How can I contact with you.

Here's my email: alabialex91@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by JDado: 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
MY BROTHER NOTO THEIR FAULT OOO TRUTH IS THEY HAVE NOT COME TO TERMS WHAT THIS GENERATION CAN DO WITHOUT A CERTIFICATION FROM ANY INSTITUTION

ENJOY YOUR SUNDAY WITH OUR EVER FREE MATCH PREDICTIONS AND MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY. HURRY UP AND CHECK NOW BEFORE MATCHES KICK @ [url]picknstake.com[/url]
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by slydog(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
librangyps:
NEVER include your cgpa in your cv except u made first class or 2.1 (4.0 and above)

This is so true, never knew some firms even ask what grade u made and on what scale, 5 or 7 scale. Upon realising that, I had to put my first degree 3.95/5 and second degree 4.14/5 on my CV.

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Kay03: 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
OP sounds very intelligent. I'll suggest you go for further studies. I also graduated with a 2.2 went for a masters degree and finished with distinction, on top of my class. Dont give up bro
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by ashiwajew: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:
Its so pathetic and demoralizing that we leave in a country where certificate is the most sort after by our indigenous firms and even foreign firms. I sat down after going through NYSC and My parents are already looking at me in 3D as regards what's next.

I submitted my spiral bind C.V but the Secretary of that firm quickly glanced through my details but was disappointed to see 2:2 (3.32 CGPA) which stated in it and told me straight-up that I shouldn't be expecting a call!! I was pissed off, do u mean 3.32 CGPA is a poor result? I just went out and up till now after 3month no call from them.

The question is where are we going in this country? Two(2) factors all companies display while placing recruitment adverts; Your Age (24yrs nd below) and supposed good grade (1st class or 2:1). Now tell me are graduates with 2:2 really that lazy while in school? The Answer is simply 'NO' so many factors are really involved, I've seen a brilliant guy in school who felt sick on the day of his set last papers which sucked his GP heavily.

If you've got your 1st class or 2:1 and you are gainfully employed in a cool company with good pay lucky you and I wish you all the best, for those still looking out for a good job the lord shall answer "OUR" prayers but doing something with your saved Allawee is not a bad idea anyway!!

Happy Wee
Tbliss12

The issue is your conception sir/ma and its a misconception that had derailed many graduates especially those with 2.2. The fact is many first class and 2.1 holders are either jobless or doing a low income job.

Let me tell u a brief story.

Immediately I finished service I knew I was less privileged in terms of my 2.2 which would hardly get me a good job test invite but with my determination, strong will, hardwork and prayers, I got a 40k bank sales job just 2months after my POP. While managing that job I made sure I had decent exposure into the financial sector, I treked the whole VI, Ikoyi and Lagos island, nicely dressed distributing my CV, I made many friends here on NL and sometimes share info about gate-crashing one test or the other. I finished from a state university which is not even in top 20 schools in Nigeria and also with a 2.2 but I have a strength which is my knowledge of the financial sector which I use in dazing most interviewers. They often ask my why I finished with a 2.2.
Today by the grace of God, I am one of those earning the so-called 'arm robber' salary and a full staff of a top financial institution with my 2.2 and no professional course

2 Likes

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by crackhouse(m): 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:

When professionals and working class men places comment you discover them and accept whatever advice they've got to offer not a mere "pepper seller" like you who never in the first place passed through the four corners of THE UNIVERSITY

Has it occurred to you that my CGPA when placed on percentage (%) its above 60%? And you are here typing trash "I don't deserve a job" I don't blame you when your children gets into the university you will see their performance and I pray they don't pay for A's on the bed with their lecturers (if they are ladies)

So if you've got nothing to say just keep quiet and continue to read sensible people's post.

Shalom!!
my friend shut up with that ur CGPA and be humble for once. Do u think u are a genius because u came out with 3.3 cgpa? I can see the reason why u were not called back. Na Pride go kill u. And for thinking that u are intelligent is a very big mistake u are making?
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Mcowubaba: 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
How I take dey jonze na? undecided
bro, u got me wrong..
What i meant is that, sometimes i usually come across ur comments nd signature nd the r mostly hilarious/funny... Nd I call funny people- jonsers... So u are a Jonser tonguewink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified / 18 Common Interview Questions, Tips And Answers / Job Offer: Stanbic IBTC Bank 2021 Graduate Trainee Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.