Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside (9946 Views)

Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried / Rivers: Updates At The Supreme Court Wike Vs Dakuku / I’ll Accept Supreme Court’s Verdict – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by GspotAngela(f): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by udemejack(m): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2015
NkeneUkwenu abeg kip it rolling in. one hot kiss for you after the judgement

1 Like

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

As usual I bring to you an unbiased

NgeneUkwenu and Unbaised used in one post? shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by sluvy4tune(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2015
GreatAgb:

NgeneUkwenu and Unbaised used in one post? shocked shocked shocked

Lmao
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2015
I think Rivers election was better than akwa ibom, i don't expect any drama today
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by Beremx(f): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2015
Up Dakuku Peterside!
Wike how market? grin

2 Likes

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2015
Euro31:
Hypocrisy is when Buhari supports the independence of Palestinians but arrests Nnamdi Kanu for clamouring for Biafra

Carry your madness comot for here

13 Likes

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by saint047(m): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2015
PDP REMAINS THE ONLY VIABLE PLATFORM IN RIVERS STATE
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2015
udemejack:
NkeneUkwenu abeg kip it rolling in.
one hot kiss for you after the judgement

Gay Alert
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by sluvy4tune(m): 11:32am On Oct 24, 2015
IyaIode:
I think Rivers election was better than akwa ibom, i don't expect any drama today

Better keh?

Rivers election that was reported as the most violent in the entire Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Carry your madness comot for here

1 Like

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by udemejack(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Gay Alert
ikpa my name no be Mr.Gaybriel abeg.her moniker says she is a female so i treat her as such.#dealwithit

3 Likes

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by PassingShot(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2015
Olayinka8793:
The least I expect is a re-run of the election,the thugerry and rigging dat characterized it was so obvious.
Anything short of a re-run in Rivers state will amount to rewarding fraud, thuggery and lawlessness.

4 Likes

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by change49ja: 11:36am On Oct 24, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Gay Alert

Ngeneukwenu is female, Udemejack is male...so where's the 'gay alert'? Or I'm I missing something?

2 Likes

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by bandol(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2015
candidate Dakuku Peterside against the election of Governor Nyesom Wike.
PREMIUM TIMES brings you the live updates from the judgement of the three-member panel which is sitting in Abuja for security reasons.
10:41 The presiding judge reviewed the witnesses and stated that Peterside/APC called 56 witnesses and of the
respondents: INEC-16; Wike-24; PDP-none. The panel states that the petitioners submitted three issues for determination.
10:46 INEC argued that the petitioners failed to prove their case polling unit by polling unit in line with Supreme Court earlier decisions.According to the panel, Governor Wike’s final written address on
the petition is dated October 14.

10:55 The Tribunal is now reviewing Mr. Wike’s second major argument. Governor Wike’s first major argument is that most of the petitioners’ witnesses gave hearsay evidence, according to the tribunal. Governor Wike’s other major arguments, according to the tribunal, include: Petitioners are required to prove polling unit by polling unit but they only called few polling unit agents. Non-usage of card reader cannot be grounds for nullifying election.
Mr. Wike also argued that the election was free and fair and he was duly returned governor. He asked the tribunal to strike out the petition.
The tribunal states that PDP’s final address was on October 16.

11:02 The PDP argued that the Petitioners leveled allegations of crime against the military which was not joined as a party. The PDP also argued that non-usage of card reader cannot be grounds of nullification of election. PDP thus argued that the petitioners failed to prove their case and case should be struck out.

11:18 The petitioner, Mr. Peterside, argued that the card reader machine was made mandatory by INEC’s guideline and has the backing of the Electoral Act

1 Like

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2015
Where can I watch oo!
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by udemejack(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2015
change49ja:

Ngeneukwenu is female, Udemejack is male...so where's the 'gay alert'? Or I'm I missing something?

bros i taya for that he-diot oooo
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2015
change49ja:

Ngene is a female?

He is definitely a male girl
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by kahal29: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2015
11:31 The tribunal adopts only one issue for determination – whether or not the petitioners have proved their case.

11:40 The Tribunal dismisses preliminary issues concerning the competence of the tribunal raised by the respondents. It is now dwelling on its sole issue for determination
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:45am On Oct 24, 2015
udemejack:
ikpa my name no be Mr.Gaybriel abeg.her moniker says she is a female so i treat her as such.#dealwithit

Ngeneukwenu is not a female
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by tobex23(m): 11:48am On Oct 24, 2015
Ngeneukwenu..... Oya update na!
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:48am On Oct 24, 2015
Supporters are being nervous, can see supports with rosary. #RiversState

More Silence witnessed in the court room as His Lordship is reading the final Addresses

Security beefed up as supporters outside get set for pronouncement #RiversState

1 Like

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by bandol(m): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2015
10:55 The Tribunal is now reviewing Mr. Wike’s second major argument. Governor Wike’s first major argument is that most of the petitioners’ witnesses gave hearsay evidence, according to the tribunal. Governor Wike’s other major arguments, according to the tribunal, include: Petitioners are required to prove polling unit by polling unit but they only called few polling unit agents. Non-usage of card reader cannot be grounds for nullifying election.
Mr. Wike also argued that the election was free and fair and he was duly returned governor. He asked the tribunal to strike out the petition.
The tribunal states that PDP’s final address was on October 16.
11:02 The PDP argued that the Petitioners leveled allegations of crime against the military which was not joined as a party. The PDP also argued that non-usage of card reader cannot be grounds of nullification of election. PDP thus argued that the petitioners failed to prove their case and case should be struck out.
11:18 The petitioner, Mr. Peterside, argued that the card reader machine was made mandatory by INEC’s guideline and has the backing of the Electoral Act.
11:31 The tribunal adopts only one issue for determination – whether or not the petitioners have proved their case.
11:40 The Tribunal dismisses preliminary issues concerning the competence of the tribunal raised by the respondents. It is now dwelling on its sole issue for determination
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:54am On Oct 24, 2015
Judge-: On locus standi we had given ruling on that based on the order of the appeal court....

.... On which we upheld the eligibility of the petitioner

Judge- And all based on this we discountenance this part of the address by the 2nd respondent

Judge- Based on the time frame of the EPT another chairman can be re assigned to take up from another chairman #RiversState

Judge- This power is solely the right of the court of Appeal president to exercise and on which she did.
#RiversTribunal
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by GoldenJAT(m): 11:56am On Oct 24, 2015
Why this judge DE behave like JEGA na.... Just DE us who win or loss d case jare
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by Yeske2(m): 11:57am On Oct 24, 2015
Tension just hold me here
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:57am On Oct 24, 2015
The letter of the secretary is upheld to the gubernatorial elections the house of assembly #RiversTribunal

Judge- Because the letter was written twice and re emphasized as guidelines to the said elections #RiversTribunal

Though am not a Lawyer, but from all indications here, The election will be annulled and wike be asked to vacate post!

4 Likes

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by abitex577(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2015
11:49 The tribunal restates the petitioners’ allegations inculding poll being marred by intimidation of voters, non-availability of result sheets, snatching of electoral materials, non-collation of results at wards and LG levels etc.
11:50 The Tribunal states that the evidence of the petitioners’ witnesses is relevant and reliable

5 Likes

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
Judge- As such the 1st respondent was emphatic on the said card reader usage #RiversTribunal

4 Likes

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by orobs93(m): 12:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
Today nah today
Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by Realdeals(m): 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
It's obvious the election of wike will be annulled

"The tribunal states that INEC has the power to insist on card readers. It is not open to anybody to act otherwise – tribunal "

5 Likes

Re: Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
Judge- The use of card reader was introduced dis 2015, was emphatically said 2be used only and the letter was written twice for (emphasis)

Judge- The card readers was a complimentary to the voters registers #RiversTribunal

Judge- I therefore say without the use of card reader makes the election a nullity.
#RiversTribunal

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

School Feeding Programme: Over 8.2M Pupils Now Being Fed In 24 States / BREAKING!! Facebook,Twitter And Instagram Bans Kemi Olunloyo / Court Dismisses EFCC Suit Against Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.