Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free (23711 Views)

Nigerians On Twitter To Give N525k To Cynthia Chinecherem Who Made 9A1 In WAEC / 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches / Chochmah International School's Teachers' Quaters, Owned By Salvation Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Singingbae(m): 1:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
chuna1985:

Who funded Jesus's ministry.
Guy, abegiii! Religion is blinding u, why don't Jesus himself come nd fund d schools?
I hope you read d Bible, did Jesus feed 12 thousand people without seeing fishes nd bread?
Guy be ....
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
Singingbae:

Guy, abegiii! Religion is blinding u, why don't Jesus himself come nd fund d schools?
I hope you read d Bible, did Jesus feed 12 thousand people without seeing fishes nd bread?
Guy be ....

I have no religion n am not an aetheist.

U didn't understand my question.

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2015
lilprinze:
I don't just know why Nigerians like free things in the US nothing is free you pay for every single thing you buy or use. very soon they would say they want private universities owned by churchs to also be free.

In the US are church schools not significantly CHEAPER than the private ones
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by manuroq(m): 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
I guess i knw where it's coming from.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Singingbae(m): 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
chuna1985:

I have no religion n am not an aetheist.
U didn't understand my question.
Ur headache
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:
Free ke? Who wan fund am. Hu go pay teachers? I. Go harrrrrd no be Small. And if e free self d standard go drop to -0

Who pays pastors to fly jets and live osentatious lives while their members WAIT stewpidly for their own miracle
How is the church different from our government?
How?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2900978_nigeria_jpeg4ee84b7726a847792475badcbc938fb7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Who pays pastors to fly jets and live osentatious lives while their members WAIT stewpidly for their own miracle
How?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2900978_nigeria_jpeg4ee84b7726a847792475badcbc938fb7

So u r paying tithe and offering so dat d pastor Will One day build a mansion for u? Chai naija eeeeh. So tell me wots nnow d diff btw ur tithe payments and investment in a biz venture? If e pain u and u feel say u no dey see returns, kuku go dey buy stock naw biko. If by this stage of our lives as Christians we have not learnt to giv out selflessly without looking back eh, I swear we r heading for biiiig dooom
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Rebelutionary: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
No,it shouldn't be free. How would the church be able to pay both the teaching and non teaching staff their wages if they are were operating freely? Rather the school fees should be cheaper when compared to any other around.
I once took my pastor in RCCG on ds and he was dumbfounded. I told him dt obviously d money used in setting up those schools come frm our offerings and tithes...why shd it be so expensive? I also said even if they cnt make it less expensive for everyone, how abt children of pastors, long serving workers who are indigent. He had to confess unwittingly after my barrage of questions that even he cant afford d fees and his kids attend a catholic missionary school!

Like u said, the churches that have schools need to make their fees affordable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by ngozianu(m): 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
plusdata:
data

Plusdata you are fraudulent

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
Singingbae:

Ur headache

Lmao. Christians r indeed stupidd people.

2 Likes

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Singingbae(m): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2015
chuna1985:

Lmao. Christians r indeed stupidd people.
Like ur 'so' called family

QUOTE ME AND GROUND SWALLOW YOU
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by dinxy(f): 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2015
funny enuf how the average man in Nigeria does nt get comfort from anywia but d government and the church. The church z supposed to be a place of solace for d believers. In situations were church schools re more expensive Dan even private skuls, wot z hope f d poor believers.

Am not saying the skul fee shld b free, rather am saying DT d skul fee should be atleast be reasonable nd considerable cheaper. Our church leaders should stop loving extravagantly nd provide sound education for the poor Nigerians. LOVE is the whole essence of xtianity nd notin else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

So u r paying tithe and offering so dat d pastor Will One day build a mansion for u?

Please point out to where I said the above or where you pulled it from.
Thanks.

If by this stage of our lives as Christians we have not learnt to giv out selflessly without looking back

Do you know why the pastor/church is EXEMPT from giving out selflessly to educate people as being advocated for here
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
Rebelutionary:

I once took my pastor in RCCG on ds and he was dumbfounded. I told him dt obviously d money used in setting up those schools come frm our offerings and tithes...why shd it be so expensive? I also said even if they cnt make it less expensive for everyone, how abt children of pastors, long serving workers who are indigent. He had to confess unwittingly after my barrage of questions that even he cant afford d fees and his kids attend a catholic missionary school!

Is this not SHAMEFUL on the part of RCCG and other penteRASCAL churches that are solely focused on money, money and even more money shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Rebelutionary: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Is this not SHAMEFUL on the part of RCCG and other penteRASCAL churches that are solely focused on money, money and even more money shocked
Our Nairaland foto man, I unwittingly fed u wt my "revelation" abi? Oya dts ur lunch!
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by leTrizzle: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
jascon1:
I strongly agree with them. Many Churches are financial establishments and scam stations. Catholic schools were free back in the days. Working in the church is a volunteer job and a humanitarian one. The church makes too much from tithe, offering and donation etc... Is time to put the money back into the church for the poor n needy n stop enriching self-acclaimed men of god
Nice one, but would u 'volunteer' to lecture in one these schools for free?

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by smuth(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
kristen12:
Free? Why? Government doesn't fund it na.

What of the cost of maintenance, payment of salaries and other miscellaneous expenses?

And people don't appreciate free things the fees should just be subsidized

[size=14pt]The poor church members contribute with their offering to fund the school project yet their children cannot attend that same school built by the use of their offering. Our pastors will always tell us that our tithe and offering belongs to God yet they use that same money to build businesses for profit and cannot share the profit with the Church members. If I invest my money I should see a return in investment and if I am giving out a gift I know its a gift. Don't expect me to be happy given my offering yet I cannot afford the school I contributed to build.

Many will surely perish as God's judgement will start from the church.
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by adeoloye(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
Free ko as if na dia #50 offering dem wan use pay workers

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by omojeesu(m): 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
Set up your own school and make it free for all.
Nothing is free that someone is not paying for, even the salvation Jesus made free for all. He paid dearly for it with His blood=His Life. Very costly!

The schools Christian Missionaries built were supported by donations of church members in the UK and elsewhere. Is government doing free education in public schools?

There are many schools out there. Go to where it fits your pocket!
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by aguizm(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
Incorruptible:
I saw the name OPM and hissed.
It wasnt surprise to see one guy attacking Salvation Ministries schools.
OPM GO has been attacking David Ibiyeomie since 1759, but yet Ibiyeomie is waxing stronger and stronger and occupying everywhere that his feet touch. Taking territories. Someone should tell him that his mission and that of David Ibiyeomie is different.
He should face his own mission and leave Ibiyeomie to his.
The facilities in his schools can't be compared to that of Chokmah. Chokmah has world class facilities that runs into millions.
A receptionist in Chokmah earned over 100 +
Teachers there have staff bus and quarter with steady power supply, Internet and security while some of the teachers have officiall cars.
Security men there earned close to 60k.
He should stop being a hypocrite and face the assignment God has given him.
Your light won't glow brighter if you blow off someone else light. David Ibiyeomie

God bless you sir

Immediately I saw OPM I knew also he was trying to attack Salvation ministries then I saw a guy mentioning Salvation ministries I laughed and hissed.

Don't know why the OPM man is having sleepless nights over David Ibiyeomie?

I Rep Salvation Ministries all the time.

God bless u papa David Ibiyeomie.

God bless Salvation Ministries.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks.
pastors to fly jets and live osentatious lives
while their members WAIT stewpidly for their own
miracle
How?(dis was ur post). Wot do u mean by it? Some Or all d percentage of ur ttithe or offering is his income. Its. Left to. Him to spend d money how he Wants. Wot r u expectin From em? Remember no one forced u to pay d tithe, ur faith abi conscience led u.

Do you know why the pastor/church is EXEMPT from giving out selflessly to educate people as being advocated for here
Thanks
And who told u pastors n religious r exempted from charity work. Do dey have to come out and blow a trumpet anytime dey offer help? We r d same ppl who keep complaining datt a pastor is bragging about helping som1, now dey r quiet n u r complaining. Pls tell me any church, let me use my church; tell me any catholic Church u've been to for help for ur kid's Sch fees and anyoda problem and dey refused to help u. Pls
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks.

pastors to fly jets and live osentatious lives
while their members WAIT stewpidly for their own
miracle
How?
(dis was ur post). Wot do u mean by it? Some Or all d percentage of ur ttithe or offering is his income. Its. Left to. Him to spend d money how he Wants. Wot r u expectin From em? Remember no one forced u to pay d tithe, ur faith abi conscience led u.

Thanks
And who told u pastors n religious r exempted from charity work. Do dey have to come out and blow a trumpet anytime dey offer help? We r d same ppl who keep complaining datt a pastor is bragging about helping som1, now dey r quiet n u r complaining. Pls tell me any church, let me use my church; tell me any catholic Church u've been to for help for ur kid's Sch fees and anyoda problem and dey refused to help u. Pls
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by smuth(m): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

So u r paying tithe and offering so dat d pastor Will One day build a mansion for u? Chai naija eeeeh. So tell me wots nnow d diff btw ur tithe payments and investment in a biz venture? If e pain u and u feel say u no dey see returns, kuku go dey buy stock naw biko. If by this stage of our lives as Christians we have not learnt to giv out selflessly without looking back eh, I swear we r heading for biiiig dooom

[size=13pt]Is it not safer to give to the less privileged 'yourself' and feed the poor 'yourself' rather that entrust your hard earned cash on an untrusted pastor that will mismanage your funds by building expensive schools your children cannot afford? Fund a private jet you can never fly in? Which is cheaper and Safer between setting up a video conferencing with other pastors miles away and flying a private jet to have a meeting with them?

My people really perish because they lack wisdom or they simply chose to be foolish.
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by jascon1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
leTrizzle:

Nice one, but would u 'volunteer' to lecture in one these schools for free?
I lectured in Nigeria for 6 months for free, also in Vietnam for 12 months for free. In Nigeria, I also paid fees for my students and bought them items. Two of my friends I have convinced to lecture in Nigeria for 3 months and two weeks at different times. One was a guest speaker in one of the Polytechnics in the west. I know many volunteers who devote their time to help ppl. I don't c y it is impossible in Nigeria if greed weren't the question. All u need to provide is accommodation and feeding and these volunteers will come in throng. Catholic schools back in Nigeria were free. Teachers were sponsored out of church donations. Our pastors are billionaire$ and it will cost them nothing to run a school without fees. Oprah Winfrey is doing such in South Africa. Churches spend money on private jets, same cash could translate to education for thousands of poor or vulnerable people. It took Bill Gates to vaccinate poor kids in Africa against Polio, back in the days vaccines were found in the church for free.
You can't repel the truth. Ppl are brainwashed. They tell u U can't judge them, but u have the right to speak for the orphans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
Singingbae:

Like ur 'so' called family

QUOTE ME AND GROUND SWALLOW YOU

Ur blessed with religious madness.

2 Likes

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
smuth:

[size=13pt]Is it not safer to give to the less privileged 'yourself' and feed the poor 'yourself' rather that entrust your hard earned cash on an untrusted pastor that will mismanage your funds by building expensive schools your children cannot afford? Fund a private jet you can never fly in? Which is cheaper and Safer between setting up a video conferencing with other pastors miles away and flying a private jet to have a meeting with them?

My people really perish because they lack wisdom or they simply chose to be foolish.
[/size]

Lolz @ ur signature. Broda wot is tithe meant for and wot is offering meant for? Pls try n find out. And who says u aren't supposed to do charity after paying tithe? Tithe, offering n charity are 3 diff guy not even Related by blood Self. Permit me to copy u#my ppl perish cos of lack of knowledge#
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
smuth:

[/size]

Lolz @ ur signature. Broda wot is tithe meant for and wot is offering meant for? Pls try n find out. And who says u aren't supposed to do charity after paying tithe? Tithe, offering n charity are 3 diff guy not even Related by blood Self. Permit me to copy u#my ppl perish cos of lack of knowledge#P
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by smuth(m): 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

Lolz @ ur signature. Broda wot is tithe meant for and wot is offering meant for? Pls try n find out. And who says u aren't supposed to do charity after paying tithe? Tithe, offering n charity are 3 diff guy not even Related by blood Self. Permit me to copy u#my ppl perish cos of lack of knowledge#P

[size=13pt]Oya...tell us the difference between Tithe, Offering and Charity and lets see if it has nothing to do with helping someone.[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
No,it shouldn't be free. How would the church be able to pay both the teaching and non teaching staff their wages if they are were operating freely? Rather the school fees should be cheaper when compared to any other around.
what happened to maintenance offering, normal offering, tithe and gifts, it should truly be free because church belong to the people, it belong to God, not for anybody but for everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Zellie: 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
It shouldn't be free, maybe not as expensive but not free

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
Rebelutionary:

Our Nairaland foto man, I unwittingly fed u wt my "revelation" abi? Oya dts ur lunch!

Bros, na wetin I do you na? Shey I commit crime or sin ni?

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:
Pls tell me any church, let me use my church; tell me any catholic Church u've been to for help for ur kid's Sch fees and anyoda problem and dey refused to help u. Pls

Is that not what the anger that sparked this thread is all about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: / UNIBEN Students Threaten To Beat Lecturers Over University Closure - VC / Lists of Expensive Secondary Schools In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.