Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free (23708 Views)

Nigerians On Twitter To Give N525k To Cynthia Chinecherem Who Made 9A1 In WAEC / 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches / Chochmah International School's Teachers' Quaters, Owned By Salvation Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by flokii: 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
big SCAM..

80% of those attending Convenant are politicians kids, rich men even muslims... as bad as it is..

the church members are there justling to enter federal unis and polytechnics..

who's fooling who?
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by henryobinna(m): 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
oyetunder:
The so called missionaries schools of oldy days were not free, if they were, why did awolowo had to declare free education in the western region? History has it that he did because of the hardship he experienced while tution almost stopped him from getting education under the then mission schools. Those who had never in their lives given a kobo to the church find it easy to just rant against churches. They approved people paying 100k to watch comedians, but hated people giving offerings.
thank you, you just said my mind
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
eleko1:
Helep me ask them if Oral Robert Univer nah Charity School.If U can't afford private sch,move ur a55 to una gofiment dilapidated sch.How many private university/private public sch do we have in the 70/80s?

My dear finish ooh. Do Ppl now paay tithe cos dey r expecting returns from d Pastor?if dats d case it won't be called tithee paying again na, its investment. Even bible says don't give to those u expect payback from else hw den will u be diff from boko haram?

3 Likes

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by dacovajnr: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
prettyboi1989:

ow much is the offering n tithe? kindly look up the monthly cost of running a university. consider also the money will they also pay to pastors and cost incurred in church activities on a monthly basis.
if the schools are free but lack basic facilities its u people dat will bring ur mouth n start sayn church people are stingy they cant maintain their schools properly that what are they doing with the offerings and tithe
Before you jump into conclusion baami.i need you to ask those churches that owns Universities how many branches n parishes including those abroad...then you go for the number of members during a single service..apart from the monthly programmes they do held @ their various Camps or Headquarters then you'll realise that you are wrong bout your assertion Sire

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Singingbae(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
iguita:
Abeg no waste your ime. Even government schools are not free, abi Unilag students no dey pay fees? You want free and you will later complain about quality. I don't think church schools should be free except of cos ifthe church can afford it.... we need to remember that govt claims it cannot afford free education
That's what am saying, people screaming is church's tithe, what will they use to run d school

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

Don't mind all these ppl. Let me not call em men Of God. Once dey giv u a cup of garri dey go to CNN to broadcast. Som1 was foolishly saying are churches not supposed to help d poor? As far as my knowledge abi brain can carry me, am yet to c A church u run to for help. Dat will totally ignore u. Wot a sensible person shuld suggest shuld be scholarships for d less Privileged. One question I even wanna ask is dat; is it only members dat attend d church's scch? Don't Muslims and pegans also attend?

I know where he is heading to. Their pastor has been attacking Salvation Ministries pastor since 1759.
Someone close to him should tell him to stop being a hypocrite and face his assignment. He should stop boasting on what he has used church money to do. No matter how hard he tried he can't reach the level of God servant in ministry.
Today is Saturday, he should study a fresh sermon to give to his members, am sure they are tired of hearing same topic ranging from spiritual wives and husbands, killing witches in your village, OPM has done this and that to the poor etc
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by jayriginal: 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
It should be affordable, not free.

A special subsidy should be available for members of the church. They can hike the price for outsiders if they wish. Its a free world.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
dacovajnr:
Before you jump into conclusion baami.i need you to ask those churches that owns Universities how many branches n parishes including those abroad...then you go for the number of members during a single service..apart from the monthly programmes they do held @ their various Camps or Headquarters then you'll realise that you are wrong bout your assertion Sire

What are you spewing self.
Go to bed, you are drunk.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Muyoatlanta(m): 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
Government is more interested in the revenue from tax. What you do with your naira is your prerogative....much as I wud to see it happen. Their argument is that of administrative charges....guys sentiments apart public schools sef are out for your money.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by dacovajnr: 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
Incorruptible:

What are you spewing self.
Go to bed, you are drunk.
Sure m drunk..infact this is ma 5th bottle..but if you can quote me where you u felt I gt it wrong, I'd be more than glad...just make sure you come up wid something convincing..atleast that'll make me pander to your point of view..till then m ordering for my 6th bottle

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Niyinficient(m): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
So dey shud be free abi? And d lecturers and staff will be begging u to feed as dey won't be paid? And d standard will drop cos there is no money to run tins?

Moreover, hu told u church money is use in running these schools? If u av ever be prudent with money and av good management and business skills, u will not reason like dis?

Check most of these church schools, ur govt schools don't av d kind of suitable learning environment and resources needed to bring d best out of any student as guaranteed by these schools.

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
Incorruptible:

I know where he is heading to. Their pastor has been attacking Salvation Ministries pastor since 1759.
Someone close to him should tell him to stop being a hypocrite and face his assignment. He should stop boasting on what he has used church money to do. No matter how hard he tried he can't reach the level of God servant in ministry.
Today is Saturday, he should study a fresh sermon to give to his members, am sure they are tired of hearing same topic ranging from spiritual wives and husbands, killing witches in your village, OPM has done this and that to the poor etc

Two prophets. Prophet Jerimiah of CMLDM warri and Prophet shepherd from south African both said if u r a true man of God, u won't have time to criticize any other man of God cos ur work will be too hectic to Waste time on rubbish. Its only business men(callin em selves men of God for disguise) dat HAv time to criticize Their rivals to boost their biZ ventures. Shey Christ Himself toold His disciples dat anyone dat preach God is nott against dem. So called men of God these days be advertising their ministries like gala

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by dsolo(m): 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
It can't be free, government isn't funding it institutions owned by govt are funded and subsidised that's why the price is reasonable.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by assu2013(m): 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
sandrajazmin:
Tell that 2 oyedepo 1st cos hus skul feez na sth else. Nna mehn!!!
Watch ur mouth nobody mention any name here.
Pls stop thinking with ur poor mind if d school is free u will come tomorrow n say poor people childrens like u are not pick bc am sure d population will be high n at d same time u want it free 4 both d rich n poor? Than u pay d teachers or dey shall teach free too n u pay dem or dey use offering 2 pay dem?

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by dsolo(m): 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
And staff should render free service?
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
On Nigeria Twitter right now, the hashtag, "ChurchSchoolsMustBeFree" is currently the number one trending topic. Aggrieved Nigerians are demanding that schools owned by churches must be free.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/10/pained-nigerians-on-twitter-demand-that.html

grin grin grin grin grin

So.....you think that church was set up to establish school.

All those mission schools that your ancestors attended....all of then paid fees.

And most of those churches.......are also paying other cadres of staff, and are alsos running welfare projects.

Nigerians and awoof. (And why are they not bothering mosques?).
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by zubby29(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
i truly supports dis,der is no excuse y churces cant make der schools free and hospitals as well,at least if d govt fails us d church should not as well

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2015
dacovajnr:
dude dose branches have pastors they pay and churchy events they engage in every month, these branches av financial obligations (maintenance of church electronics, vehicles, church buildings and what have you. what makes u think churches dont engage in outreach programs to the less priviledge? is it nt part of the proceeds they will use? besides until u become a pastor before u'll knw more abt what offerings n tithes are used for. u dnt expect pastors to squander everything they receive. if the idea behind running a church is to get rich off peoples offerings i bet u'll see many churches springing forth daily but being unable to perform miracles n save lives.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
Great move.
I would expect the church/mosque owned schools will be heavily SUBSIDISED as it was with the old missionary schools.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by dacovajnr: 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
prettyboi1989:

dude dose branches have pastors and churchy events they engage in every month, these branches av financial obligations. what makes u think churches dont engage in outreach programs to the less priviledge? is it nt part of the proceeds they will use? besides until u become a pastor before u'll knw more abt what offerings n tithes are used for. u dnt expect pastors to squander everything they receive. if the idea behind running a church is to get rich off peoples offerings i bet u'll see many churches springing forth daily but being unable to perform miracles n save lives.
Nice one baami....but squandering is the act of spending lavishly baami,isnt it? ...now my question is where is the money that's bin used to build the Schools coming from?..feeling your writeup dou...
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by davidque007(m): 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
I wonder how and what some pastors and many Christians and non Christian reason from a stand point of share ignorance and with a crowd mentality.
Missionary schools in the old days were cheap because the local church had support from foreign partners, every child that had free education in a missionary was being sponsored by the kind hearted Christian abroad who God led to sow financials seeds to help education in Africa. One could say that the education was free only to the recipients but it cost someone somewhere plenty more.
I think its mere stupidity to call for church Owned schools to be free of charge. It means u want to give them low or no standard education to your members. Its costs a lot to maintain a school church or no church. Most missionary schools of old were owned by catholic or Anglican or etc and they all had sponsorship, some still do till today. However, the catholic schools that don't have sponsorship are just as expensive or even more expensive than most private schools.
What the Bible says is that "those who are rich should be benevolent to those who have little". I would advocate for more church sponsorship for the "poor" only, the rich can sponsor themselves.
Most times I hear people insult bishop oyedepo and convenant university. I can say cleary and truthfully that those who just blurt out crap from there bucal cavities are senseless and ignorant. Living church takes care for the poor in their midst, if u know anyone who is poor and isn't catered for in winners chapel, then u have seen someone who isn't a part of the church. The church has scholarship at all levels of education for "poor" church members, widows and orphans (my brother had LFC scholarship during his unversity years). But it must be asertained that that person is a true member of the church-identified from the house fellowship level. Many more welfare packages exist in the church for the poor all year round. Also many church members run support projects on their own.
People just come online and say all kind of nonsense and some foolish people will follow also.
The church can sponsor the poor in their midst, but its institution can't be free till they have sufficient financial support.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by singlealone: 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
jascon1:
I strongly agree with them. Many Churches are financial establishments and scam stations. Catholic schools were free back in the days. Working in the church is a volunteer job and a humanitarian one. The church makes too much from tithe, offering and donation etc... Is time to put the money back into the church for the poor n needy n stop enriching self-acclaimed men of god

how much do you give?
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by jascon1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2015
singlealone:

how much do you give?
meeee? My one naira no touch their hand o. I day craze? My own na make dem Give the widows and orphans their money. No keep am for bank to make Forbes list or buy jets. Ppl are dying of hunger n malaria in the church. Help dem no catch witch for village na malaria day do dem
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by juligon: 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
if omega fire is doing free schools may God give them the strength .dont push it down on any church .. because the financial state is not the same. ...And why are u bringing that word CAMPAIGN ? where u d one that gave them the money? wat is ur own if they are making much tithe? is it urs? ...if they are not spending it well is it ur business? where u in their original plan before they built the school?.. now u want to campaign...why dont u campaign against ur govt...even their public schools the poor cant avoid.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
dacovajnr:
Nice one baami....but squandering is the act of spending lavishly baami,isnt it? ...now my question is where is the money that's bin used to build the Schools coming from?..feeling your writeup dou...
do u knw that its nt all pastors that depend on offerings and tithes? they get cash gifts from people around them or som1 that was led to bless them with such money. let me give a case study, do u knw bishop oyedepo hasnt earned a dime from the books he has published ever since he started publishing? do u knw he has stopped earning from his church since eida 1997 or 1998. but how does he get his money? how does he get to build large schools. n by the way, they dont make announcement in church that they nid money to finance any project. dats som1 who doesnt live off members offerings n tithes

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by emperorizzy(m): 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
Free? No, they should be affordable not free.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 24, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
No,it shouldn't be free. How would the church be able to pay both the teaching and non teaching staff their wages if they are were operating freely? Rather the school fees should be cheaper when compared to any other around.

Tithes n offerings of church members can pay for anything the school needs.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
Singingbae:
Free? Will government give them allocation? No!! What happens to public school!!! Baseless arguments

Who funded Jesus's ministry.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by mozele(m): 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
jascon1:
I strongly agree with them. Many Churches are financial establishments and scam stations. Catholic schools were free back in the days. Working in the church is a volunteer job and a humanitarian one. The church makes too much from tithe, offering and donation etc... Is time to put the money back into the church for the poor n needy n stop enriching self-acclaimed men of god

Go and build your own church too, and out of the proceeds, build a school and make it a free.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by jascon1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
mozele:

Go and build your own church too, and out of the proceeds, build a school and make it a free.
abeg go. U no get bite. Brainwashee
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by ODUBEZE: 1:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
It might not be free but the fees should be reduced drastically because like it or not the teachers will be paid as they also have bills to settle.
The missionaries who read education can teach for free since the church it taking care of them and that is also their calling.
They did it in those days, they can do it again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Student Of Bayero University Killed In Kano (photo) / 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: / UNIBEN Students Threaten To Beat Lecturers Over University Closure - VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.