Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free (23709 Views)

Nigerians On Twitter To Give N525k To Cynthia Chinecherem Who Made 9A1 In WAEC / 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches / Chochmah International School's Teachers' Quaters, Owned By Salvation Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
smuth:

[size=13pt]Oya...tell us the difference between Tithe, Offering and Charity and lets see if it has nothing to do with helping someone.[/size]

Offering is for d officiating minister of d day, tithe is for d priests or ministers for their up Keep and taking Care of the alter(eucharist). Its left for d minister or priest to decide wot to do with his share dats afta taking care of d alter of God. Charity is ------------ lol.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Is that not what the anger that sparked this thread is all about
Do u really believe dat dose complainin really even support d church? Personally am very sure dose complainin hardly evven go to church.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

Offering is for d officiating minister of d day, tithe is for d priests or ministers for their up Keep and taking Care of the alter(eucharist). Its left for d minister or priest to decide wot to do with his share dats afta taking care of d alter of God. Charity is ------------ lol.

Any text reference from the Bible for your definitions above

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

Do u really believe dat dose complainin really even support d church? Personally am very sure dose complainin hardly evven go to church.

Is this about those specifically complaining or what the church should do generally as commanded by CHRIST whom they claim to follow?

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Any text reference from the Bible for your definitions above

Hehehhe. He's bringing d bible now. So was it ur bible asked u not to pay tithe and take d money instead to an orphanage home?
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Is this about those specifically complaining or what the church should do generally as commanded by CHRIST whom they claim to follow?

Am not against charity sir. Am only saying d idea of free education from church sch is not feasible. Dats all.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

Hehehhe. He's bringing d bible now. So was it ur bible asked u not to pay tithe and take d money instead to an orphanage home?

Yes!
Next?
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
[b]No,it shouldn't be free. How would the church be able to pay both the teaching and non teaching staff their wages if they are were operating freely? Rather the school fees should be cheaper when compared to any other around.[/b]

I suppose the Tithes and Offerings could be used for that?

2 Likes

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

Am not against charity sir. Am only saying d idea of free education from church sch is not feasible. Dats all.

What should the mission of any Church of Christ be? and in what way(s) might running a school be allied with this mission? If you can give these two questions some thought then I believe you might see things differently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by blackboy(m): 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
Church/muslim schools must be free right? So your houses must be used to accommodate people because they want to come inside and live there or that land of yours you bought or inherited should be used by someone because he wants to use it to farm or build his project right?

That is why are politiians keep stealing and mismanaging our economy and not delivering on their promises and Nigerians vote on the bandwagon.

The government has the responsibility to provide schools. Is the land in the country finished for them to build schools? Our teachers/lecturers finished that they cant employ them for school they build?

If the government did what they were supposed to do by providing good schools instead of buying jets, mansion, estate, castles, islands, states, and countires with the money they were supposed to use to improve our lives and make living a lot easier for us then do you think mission schools would even be attractive or expensive?

Instead after the politicians steal that money we give them titiles ''Lion of ...'' Jagaban, Sai .. , Igwe.. etc and we worship them, folllow them, and some even arre ready to die and kill for them.

Abeg if the missionary schools are expensive let them send their children to the schools and we attend the good schools the government has provided but off course there is just a few for so many. You want it to be free? hmm, how are they going to pay their lecturers/teachers, maintain the school, provide necessities and extras for the school. It's a business. Not by force to attend them.

I want to rent a house, there are 2 bedrooms for 4million and some for 400k. It' life variety is there . It's bout choice. I cant now start telling the landlord of the 4million house to make it free but what I will do is go for the 400k house or another which I can pay for.

Wake up and face reality. Nigerians should be real instead of looking for freebies and hating the successful and rich. Have your business and make it free. Wicked ppl jealousy people.

No dont pay to enter the schools just go and jump fence and register. THIEF

Instead of you people to vote wisely but instead voting on tribal lines and religious lines. Our leaders owe us so much . Instead we act as if we owe them.

If you are leaving the airport check out the private planes wing you will see so many private jets parked there. For real, I was amazed. Check out houses being sold for 4billion, land in for 12 billion and politicians and their goons are paying with cash , dollars and Naira for these things in Nigeria and outside.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Rebelutionary: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Bros, na wetin I do you na? Shey I commit crime or sin ni?
Lol..no vex my bro...i jst dey fynd ur trobl..sorry

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Macgreat(m): 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
Well, Build a school, run it for free for the next 2 years. Then you can complain.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
eleko1:
Oyedepo go broke keh? Even without Faith Academy,Kingdom Heritage,Covenant University,the man cannot be broken.Not Oyedepo.
ok sir
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Esdb3: 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
[quote author=jascon1 post=39308393]I strongly agree with them. Many Churches are financial establishments and scam stations. Catholic schools were free back in the days. Working in the church is a volunteer job and a humanitarian one. The church makes too much from tithe, offering and donation etc... Is time to put the money back into the church for the poor n needy n stop enriching self-acclaimed men of god[/quote

If the schools like the university is free, how would they run the school, the church? If the school has no quality peeps like you would come here talking this same trash.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Esdb3: 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
meimoks:
Church schools are more expensive
Private schools are expensive not 'church' schools.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
AncientJerk:

What should the mission of any Church of Christ be? and in what way(s) might running a school be allied with this mission? If you can give these two questions some thought then I believe you might see things differently.

Also think of the things it will take to run a free sch, d requirements. Wot u'll suggest dat will be more feasible is scholarship for less privileged and a subsidized n affordable fee. Dats my take
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Yes! Next?
Hehehehehhe. Proof plssss
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

Also think of the things it will take to run a free sch, d requirements. Wot u'll suggest dat will be more feasible is scholarship for less privileged and a subsidized n affordable fee. Dats my take

Is this not what I and most commentators have said all along on this topic
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by jascon1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
[quote author=Esdb3 post=39317441][/quote]I don't understand you, can u revise your comment and quote me again, pls?
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nyaknor(m): 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
Some people shaa... Even the Federal Universities are not free why lamenting on church schools?? It a private school and i think there are other private schools own by other people and non Christians and yet there are far more expensive than church schools.. so why the sentiment.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by akeensbussy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
For those that supported the church expensive school fees, I want you to reason and answer these questions.

1. What motive do a pastor(Man of God) has for him to have open a school in the first place? Someone who preach the Gospel of Christ. Head, president or G.O of a Church. What Motivated such person to say "I think I or We must have a schools.

2. If Jesus Christ, Peter or Paul were Preacher of the Gospel in today's world. would they build Schools? If they will, what do u think will be their motive.

He that has brain, let him think.

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by haconjy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
No,it shouldn't be free. How would the church be able to pay both the teaching and non teaching staff their wages if they are were operating freely? Rather the school fees should be cheaper when compared to any other around.

I pray that your properties should be taken by govt ijn...amen
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by TheMascot(m): 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
DrGraveYardz:
No,it shouldn't be free. How would the church be able to pay both the teaching and non teaching staff their wages if they are were operating freely? Rather the school fees should be cheaper when compared to any other around.
neva under estimate d power of the people wen it comes to giving...d same way dey gave to buy land, build the structures and still maintain d pastors upkeep.imagine if the school is free and people are told in church to contribute to pay salaries..you would be surprised...after dey do 1st, 2nd and 3rd to 6th offering..I die if they no pay buhari salary join...bt some pastors need to buy private jets too..infact religion in this country is a scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by smuth(m): 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

[size=13pt]So you are saying church members are responsible for paying ministers and Priests salaries, now you agree with me that someone is definitely helping someone.. how would you explain this verse?
"Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give." Hebrews 10:8.
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:
Hehehehehhe.
Proof plssss

Served to you, fresh & hot cheesy
Deuteronomy 14:

The Law of the Tithe

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee:
25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: 26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: [1] and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:
29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

From: http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=deuteronomy+14&ver=kjv

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
ok.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Served to you, fresh & hot cheesy
Deuteronomy 14:

Can u imagine? How does this back up ur claim? Draw my attention wen u got somthin tangible pls
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by anonimi: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:
Can u imagine? How does this back up ur claim? Draw my attention wen u got somthin tangible pls

Is the quote below no longer your original question

So was it ur bible asked u not to pay tithe and take d money instead to an orphanage home?

1 Like

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
smuth:

[size=13pt]So you are saying church members are responsible for paying ministers and Priests salaries, now you agree with me that someone is definitely helping someone.. how would you explain this verse?
"Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give." Hebrews 10:8.
[/size]

Am really tired of arguing.can u imagin wot u r saying? R u a Christian at all?freely u received d anionting and freely u'll give dats d meaning. Pls with all due respect and no harm intended buh U kip quoting unnecessarily and commenting off point. Pls go back read from d first page and if u sstill wanna argue, aint got no help for u seriously.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
anonimi:

Is the quote below no longer your original question

Heeey Jesus Christ. I am speechless. Pls go back and read ur bible very well. And dat bible passage had Notin and absolutely Notin to do with ur claim. It only showed dat as a Christian u r obligated to pay tithe Notin more.
Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by Davidifeanyi: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
Yes...they should cut down the tuition fee so that the not-so-rich members can benefit from their donations to the church.
Btw...Christians building Schools.
...........Islam breeding terrorists to kidnap students and bombard schools, churches and mosques.
What a menace!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free by smuth(m): 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anyss:

Am really tired of arguing.can u imagin wot u r saying? R u a Christian at all?freely u received d anionting and freely u'll give dats d meaning. Pls with all due respect and no harm intended buh U kip quoting unnecessarily and commenting off point. Pls go back read from d first page and if u sstill wanna argue, aint got no help for u seriously.

My dear my point is not off topic and yes I am a Christian, I only subscribe to the teachings of Jesus Christ and not of some confused pastors and gullible followers.

You pointed out that tithes and offerings are for Ministers and Priests when asked the difference between Tithe, Offering and Charity ... So if Ministers/Priests are paid for their labour how is that different from a government official or private employee earning salaries. Can they still come out and boastfully say "they are doing God's work"? Because the way I see it the Church members are the employers while the Ministers/Priests are the employee...They are paid to do their job. Period.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: / UNIBEN Students Threaten To Beat Lecturers Over University Closure - VC / Lists of Expensive Secondary Schools In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.