Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) (142704 Views)

10 Cutest Nigerian Celebrities And Their Families / Some Nigerian Celebrities And Funny Endorsements They should Get .. / 14 Nigerian Celebrities With Their Beautiful Wife And Kids (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
kossyablaze:
No celebrity house in Nigeria can surpass dat of P SQUARE buh I knw some people will be pained cuz dey hate seeing peeps outside thr tribe progress....#SayNoToTribalism!......we all av our goods/bads as well!
you're just plain stupid!

5 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Phlame007(m): 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2015
Big money big houses! Mehn these celebs are blessed. But wait, mine is coming sooner... Watch out @PhlameJonz. Bless me lord, I want to own a very big house too
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by bummyla(m): 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
Congratulations! We Are All Encouraged To Work Hard! But Linda's House Is Not Here! Why? Is She Not A Celeb? Please Include Her House! Please! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by moshino(m): 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
NaLaugh:

It's an investment into adequate shelter guarantee. Many people live "on the go" when they're making money.
e.g renting a mansion, rather than buying or building, leasing a luxury car, rather than buying etc.
Typically, "life for rent" type celebs end up with nothing when the source of their income dries out. With sports & entertainment that happens quite often.
Out here, owning a house has permanent expenses (property tax, mandatory home insurance etc) even after paying off your mortgage.
However, since these things don't necessarily apply in Nigeria, when one builds/buys a home, they have invested in an asset that would only appreciate with time. Out here, a fully paid home can become a major liability if you loose your income.

Buying a RESIDENTIAL home (house where you'll live) is not an INVESTMENT, at best, it's asset preservation. Also, buying your home at the peak of the real estate market cycle is a waste of money. Prices of real estate in Nigeria has been driven by corruption and criminality since 1999, and not by any robust economic growth, all that is changing now with the coming on board of a new government and collapse of oil prices. The effects are very evident in the stagnant and downward spiral of prices of real estate (the gravy train is gone). And the only way a home buyer will see any money from the house is to sell the house, and it could be at a loss, and the person will still need a place to live. When people are thinking of INVESTING their money, they're looking for assets that will give them a recurring return withing a year, buying a home where you'll live does not do that.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by kossyablaze(m): 10:27pm On Oct 24, 2015
samyomz:
you're just plain stupid!
u re an animal.Get lost!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
kossyablaze:
u re an animal.Get lost!
lols Bros easy abeg.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by kossyablaze(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2015
kingsolex:
lols Bros easy abeg.
some guys sabi vex person.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
kossyablaze:
some guys sabi vex person.

its the Nigerian thing my brother they can turn the anger within into a raincoat best ignore em.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by NaLaugh: 10:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
moshino:

Buying a RESIDENTIAL home (house where you'll live) is not an INVESTMENT, at best, it's asset preservation. Also, buying your home at the peak of the real estate market cycle is a waste of money. Prices of real estate in Nigeria has been driven by corruption and criminality since 1999, and not by any robust economic growth, all that is changing now with the coming on board of a new government and collapse of oil prices. The effects are very evident in the stagnant and downward spiral of prices of real estate (the gravy train is gone). And the only way a home buyer will see any money from the house is to sell the house, and it could be at a loss, and the person will still need a place to live. When people are thinking of INVESTING their money, they're looking for assets that will give them a recurring return withing a year, buying a home where you'll live does not do that.

Very true. However, as I pointed out, the "investment" here isn't really in the traditional sense of looking onward to a defined periodical ROI.
It's more of a social investment. An investment in their future well-being, as shelter is a basic human necessity.

That said, you've made great points, as I sometimes see price tags of real estate in Nigeria online, and can't wrap my head around what the heck those figures are based off of.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by darlenese(f): 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
Give us list of landlords and landlady

Rukky sanda is living in a rented apartment ,
Call it furnished apartment not her hous jor
tongue
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by kossyablaze(m): 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
kingsolex:

its the Nigerian thing my brother they can turn the anger within into a raincoat best ignore em.
cool bro...nyt

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by moshino(m): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2015
NaLaugh:

Very true. However, as I pointed out, the "investment" here isn't really in the traditional sense of looking onward to a defined periodical ROI.
It's more of a social investment. An investment in their future well-being, as shelter is a basic human necessity.

That said, you've made great points, as[b] I sometimes see price tags of real estate in Nigeria online, and can't wrap my head around what the heck those figures are based off of.

Those prices are purely based on corruption and criminality nothing more. Corrupt politicians and their criminal accomplices were buying real estate at any price to hide their ill-gotten money, and a lot of those houses are unoccupied, lying fallow. Right now there's a mad, desperate rush to sell off those properties. Some of them will be out-rightly abandoned ones PMB starts his proposed verification of ownership with the new incoming FCT Minister, so bros, if you have spare cash, be ready to pick up those properties for pennies on the dollar. For instance, I know of an empty land in Asokoro that was previously advertised for #250m before PMB, right now the sales pitch for that same land is "Distress Sale, #140m, asking"! Which means the owner could even accept less, if you come with cash, no stories. I foresee a continuation of this trend very soon.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by kay29000(m): 11:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
It is obvious OP created this thread to hype people from his tribe.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
2princeofficial:
By God's grace we will get there too....not just us but also anyone reading this.
A BIG AMEN !
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 25, 2015
kossyablaze:
No celebrity house in Nigeria can surpass dat of P SQUARE buh [s] I knw some people will be pained cuz dey hate seeing peeps outside thr tribe progress [/s] ....#SayNoToTribalism!......we all av our goods/bads as well!
You are nothing but a hypocrite and a senseless bigot.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by NaLaugh: 12:17am On Oct 25, 2015
moshino:

Those prices are purely based on corruption and criminality nothing more. Corrupt politicians and their criminal accomplices were buying real estate at any price to hide their ill-gotten money, and a lot of those houses are unoccupied, lying fallow. Right now there's a mad, desperate rush to sell off those properties. Some of them will be out-rightly abandoned ones PMB starts his proposed verification of ownership with the new incoming FCT Minister, so bros, if you have spare cash, be ready to pick up those properties for pennies on the dollar. For instance, I know of an empty land in Asokoro that was previously advertised for #250m before PMB, right now the sales pitch for that same land is "Distress Sale, #140m, asking"! Which means the owner could even accept less, if you come with cash, no stories. I foresee a continuation of this trend very soon.

"Distress sale." That's funny, but $700k+ on a bare plot is still a boatload of cash. Particularly since that would get you a decent house around my way. In other words, if I can buy a "mini mansion" out here for $700k, it's just unjustifiable to spend the same on a raw plot.

Abuja is a real nice place though, so some values are understandable. It's the horrible parts of Lagos (and such) I marvel at their prices.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by FOREXMART(m): 12:56am On Oct 25, 2015
JAZES:

bros na inside the house dey there o, i no talk say na dem get d building o....... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

the dude no know condominiums when he sees one, you dey mind am? Nice posts.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 1:11am On Oct 25, 2015
moshino:

How is their residential house an INVESTMENT?

Because property will always hold it's value and more often than not appreciate in said value. You buy a brand new car and immediately you drive it out of the lot you've lost 20% of it's value. It's not the same with property. The only variable that most people don't understand is time.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 25, 2015
kossyablaze:
u re an animal.Get lost!
tribalistic moa fucka... He goat on human skin... Your place is in the jungle
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Chukzyfcb(m): 3:00am On Oct 25, 2015
Bollinger:

Because property will always hold it's value and more often than not appreciate in said value. You buy a brand new car and immediately you drive it out of the lot you've lost 20% of it's value. It's not the same with property. The only variable that most people don't understand is time.

I want to correct your thinking that says property will always hold its value. This is not always true, if disasters like flood or war hapen, the value will fall drastically. Take for instance houses @ borno or bauchi where boko haram is feasting, their values have depreciated so badly. Moreover a house where you'll live in cannot necesary be called an Investment, because you will keep spending to maintain the house, which means it will take money out of your pocket which turns it to a LIABILITY to an INVESTOR. #Robert kiyosaki inspired
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Tinyemeka(m): 7:10am On Oct 25, 2015
kossyablaze:
No celebrity house in Nigeria can surpass dat of P SQUARE buh I knw some people will be pained cuz dey hate seeing peeps outside thr tribe progress....#SayNoToTribalism!......we all av our goods/bads as well!

Erm. . . Correction, no celebrity house can surpass that of my dear Lily. angry
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Tinyemeka(m): 7:14am On Oct 25, 2015
moshino:

Why would you wanna spend N140m on a property that would eventually be deemed to have been acquired fraudulently and confiscated?

Is that wise?
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by moshino(m): 7:23am On Oct 25, 2015
Bollinger:

[b]Properties do not ALWAYS hold their values, research the global trend of real estate markets, and your premise will be debunked in 5 seconds. And purchasing your personal residential home is asset preservation, and perhaps a personal accomplishment, if you're so inclined, but it does not yield any return back to you in the short, medium term. If you factor in the opportunity cost of spending a huge amount on your personal home as an investment, and the risk factor (considering market, economic down turns and cycles), then a simple sensitivity analysis will clarify to you that you have not invested wisely. And for the sake of clarity, even if the value of your home appreciates over time, and you decide to sell it, you'll still need to buy another home in that same peak market, again, consider the opportunity cost of that your initial cash outlay for the purchase. Then again, Knowledge is the core difference between 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad'. So you can assume whatever you wish, and do whatever you wish with your cash.[/b]

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by moshino(m): 7:32am On Oct 25, 2015
Tinyemeka:

Why would you wanna spend N140m on a property that would eventually be deemed to have been acquired fraudulently and confiscated?

Is that wise?

My brother, our polithiefcians were spending Billions of our Naira without even pricing the properties, the stolen cash was driving them nuts, so common sense was non-existent. And you're correct, with the #140m for just empty plot of land, one can buy a good house in most advanced countries, US, UK, Canada etc. I purchased a 4Br/3.5Ba house in a prime area of TX 10yrs ago for less than $500k, so go figure.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by yassjib: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2015
2princeofficial:
By God's grace we will get there too....not just us but also anyone reading this.
Aameen
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 8:22am On Oct 25, 2015
Chukzyfcb:

I want to correct your thinking that says property will always hold its value. This is not always true, if disasters like flood or war hapen, the value will fall drastically. Take for instance houses @ borno or bauchi where boko haram is feasting, their values have depreciated so badly. Moreover a house where you'll live in cannot necesary be called an Investment, because you will keep spending to maintain the house, which means it will take money out of your pocket which turns it to a LIABILITY to an INVESTOR. #Robert kiyosaki inspired

moshino:

[b]Properties do not ALWAYS hold their values, research the global trend of real estate markets, and your premise will be debunked in 5 seconds. And purchasing your personal residential home is asset preservation, and perhaps a personal accomplishment, if you're so inclined, but it does not yield any return back to you in the short, medium term. If you factor in the opportunity cost of spending a huge amount on your personal home as an investment, and the risk factor (considering market, economic down turns and cycles), then a simple sensitivity analysis will clarify to you that you have not invested wisely. And for the sake of clarity, even if the value of your home appreciates over time, and you decide to sell it, you'll still need to buy another home in that same peak market, again, consider the opportunity cost of that your initial cash outlay for the purchase. Then again, Knowledge is the core difference between 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad'. So you can assume whatever you wish, and do whatever you wish with your cash.[/b]

Read through my post again. I said "The only variable that most people don't understand is time". When you buy a car and use it over an extended period of time it eventually degrades and becomes useless. Or, a newer model is made. A million years ago, if you had told a pre historic man that warri would be the region sustaining nigeria today, he would look at you as if you were crazy. All he probably saw at the time were dinosaurs trying to kill him on that same land. A million years ago lands in warri would probably be worth nothing but today they are worth trillions of dollars. I hope you don't make me explain this again. it's too simple.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by zudozz: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2015
which film this Ruky Sanda act wey she take get money build this kind hse?
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Tinyemeka(m): 8:43am On Oct 25, 2015
moshino:

My brother, our polithiefcians were spending Billions of our Naira without even pricing the properties, the stolen cash was driving them nuts, so common sense was non-existent. And you're correct, with the #140m for just empty plot of land, one can buy a good house in most advanced countries, US, UK, Canada etc. I purchased a 4Br/3.5Ba house in a prime area of TX 10yrs ago for less than $500k, so go figure.

You actually got an extremely good bargain in that purchase. That sum wouldn't even cover the cost of land in a choice location here. Well I wouldn't know for 10yrs ago.

Those politicians have also discovered the lure of purchasing properties abroad so they are already in the game.

The point I was trying to make though was: Why commit your money to purchase property a politician acquired through fraudulent means? When you know the ownership may be revoked by Govt? It's like going out to buy land in which you know the ownership is being disputed. Dangerous.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Themandator: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2015
That's Don Jazzy's former rented NICON estate home... He is moved to his property in Lekki.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by Themandator: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2015
iamord:

Lies! This is a mansion in ikoyi. It's the owner of fcmb bank that owns it

What if he sold it or no be person get the one Linda buy?
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by chineloSA(f): 10:31am On Oct 25, 2015
Kcee interior decor is just too busy for a young man. smiley

Rukky has nice pieces but too much clutter and makes the whole space look small. smiley smiley
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) by people3: 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
All d building are govt,public properties...... D buildings are equivalent to my school library(eksu) then, wen I was in schl where people come nd read. Later go...... Govt has more money than all these musicians......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Celebrities Of Ebonyi State Origin / Who Is Your Favourite Female Nickelodeon Channel Celeb / Who Are The Top Ten Most Beautiful Ghollywood/Ghanian Actresses To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.