Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures (5453 Views)

22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment / 5 Practical Lessons For Every Nigerian Graduate. / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by JhyMedex: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
True talk... Bt to pull sth like dt, u'll av 2 av some source of money... Cos if u tey dis after NYSC without savings, u go hear am sha...
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by AdeniyiA(m): 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
Your description is good for 'blōw job' undecided
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by GreatManBee: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
kiss
estanoni:
Rather than pay the company, I know most decent companies may see that as exploiting, I suggest you offer to work without pay. At least with that you only need to finance your transportation and feeding for the period

I have a first hand experience of these. Years ago while studying to be a medical laboratory scientists, during breaks I approach big hospitals and laboratory to work without pay.

The first lab I worked did not give me any pay but the experience I gather so assisted me in my education I got an academic award plus good grades.

After my education while waiting for NYSC, I approached a bigger hospital and quoted my experience from the other lab, I was given a temp job with no salary, but little allowance, free lunch tickets and I got free ride from work by joining other staffs or company bus.

Try this and you will get the skill, experience and ultimately the Job.

How will it be if you have a degree in Education and you approach a school to teach without pay?
A degree in business or accounting and you approach an audit firm or organization?
Etc

Don't think the Job is waiting for you, you approach the Job and show your competence.

I wish you well.
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by AlienStar: 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
No time is late
eaglejay13:
Invaluable information, wish I knew this 3 yrs before now.
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by AlienStar: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lemme save this page in ambience.
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Dfinex(f): 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nature129:
I have no idea where you got this concept from, but I think it's trashy! Now, what is the essence doing industrial attachment if not for practical industrial skills?

Well, I don't subscribe to this idea at all. Some parents sold their lands to send their children to school, and after graduating instead of these graduates appreciating their parents for their efforts, you are here suggesting they should still pay again to acquire knowledge in the industry. And where will the money come from?

This is BAD idea. For me, our schools have failed us. They ought to start teaching us how to be self employed, right from the day we got admission, and how to generate capital for biz after school and not saying if you don't make upper credit or first class you are finished.

Please don't corrupt the minds of CEOs on this platform with this stupid idea so that they are not compelled to slash the salaries of their workers.

Well u said some parents sold their lands, what about those students who never had any parent to sell land and had to strive on their own to go through school?? Are you saying they shouldn't develop themselves by learning new skills that will give them edge in the Labour market?
And our schools having failed us doesn't mean we should relegate our selves and our minds to perpetual back waters. And Please stop making it look like acquiring a skill or two costs a fortune, plus need I inform you that with the skills learnt, u can become an entrepreneur and thrive as such in ur own business.
U know what?? u really need to disabuse ur mind of this thinking that the CEO's will want to capitalize on it to their own advantage...... But wait a minute, who wants to employ a laggard and a non-performer in his company!!!?

1 Like

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Sholaystar4me(m): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
With 6,600 naira u can acquire the skills u want, make money and even be of help to ur next neighbour. For more info, whatsapp 07064652557
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
That's the secret Mehn! VOLUNTEER!!!!
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by drberry(m): 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
Whoa! This is so cool... This is thinking outside the box... Kiddos bro..
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by lilreese: 3:30am On Oct 26, 2015
Thanks
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Nichobabe(m): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2015
unofficial:
Hi,

I know this might be a little controversial, but there is wisdom in it. I hope you get that wisdom.

God bless you OP. Posts like these make you know the value of Nairaland

God bless Seun too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? / Graduate Call Centre Agents Needed At Lagos, Abuja And Port Harcourt / Did U Just Get A Job And Need To Relocate? Check Out This Affordable Apartments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.