Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? (5468 Views)

Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report / Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Basalt(m): 10:09am On May 09, 2016
Its just a harmless question and never intended for mockery.

I notice that whenever one mention in his comment that he graduated with 2.1 or first class, he will usually be faced with so many ridiculous and mockery comments especially from those that graduated with 2.2 and below
You will be seeing things like

**who first class EPP

**If they don't say that, they will start reminding you that first class and 2.1 does not give job, connection gives job
**Another thing they say is this, first class ko, 2.1 ni, come to FUTA and know whether you go even smell 3rd class
**Another thing they do is scrutinizing your write-up for any possible error so that they will use it against you to prove that your 2.1 is meagre

**Another set of people will keep on yelling like PDP supporters telling you that most people that graduated with 2.2 are practically better than those that graduated with first class. That first class and 2.1 are empty vessels and robots who are only good in cramming
Who asked you?
If you are as good as you claim, why you no make first class?

Now I ask, why the so much HATE ON FIRST CLASS AND 2.1 GRADUATES?

This world is small, it will not benefit anybody if the hate continues

lets change our mentality and see everybody as one and stop this unnecessary hatred.

But if you decide to hate, na for your pocket.

#TeamSecondClassIfyouPutAmUpperNaYouSabi

Hope you observed the same thing
@Uboma
@davide470
@Lalasticlala

11 Likes

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:14am On May 09, 2016
BRB
Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by delishpot: 10:24am On May 09, 2016
I can't help that I made 2.1 Na. I set my goal and I achieved it. Not looking down on others cos everybody get him reason for wet in him carry come out for uni. But it doesn't mean I should be afraid to say I came out of Uni with a 2.1 . I do not think they hate them, I believe they hate the fact that employers do not give graduates with lower grades equal opportunity to prove themselves as they do those with 2.1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Basalt(m): 10:36am On May 09, 2016
delishpot:
I can't help that I made 2.1 Na. I set my goal and I achieved it. Not looking down on others cos everybody get him reason for wet in him carry come out for uni. But it doesn't mean I should be afraid to say I came out of Uni with a 2.1 . I do not think they hate them, I believe they hate the fact that employers do not give graduates with lower grades equal opportunity to prove themselves as they do those with 2.1

Thanks for your response because the thing tire me o o o.
The other day, one guy was nearly crucified because he mentioned his grade.
They saw it as arrogance.
Please let us stop fighting against them, they worked hard for what they got.
2.2 is a good result also.
I can vividly remember what our VC said the day we did Induction.
He said and I qoute

"I will encourage you to study but I wont force you,
you know, the academic system has made everything easy by grading students effort and a glance at your certificate will give a preview of your ability

First class is for those that are genius academically
2.1 is for those that are above average academically
2.2 is for those that are average academically
3rd class is for those that are below average academically
Pass is for those that just came to university and wasted their time.
so choose for yourself where to belong"

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by delishpot: 10:43am On May 09, 2016
Basalt:

He said and I qoute

you know, the academic system has made everything easy by grading students effort and a glance at your certificate will give a preview of your ability

Exactly, I went to the polytechnic for OND and came out with a 2.2 that really opened my eyes to the importance of a good grade. When I decided to go to the University because of the way people look at Poly degree, I made the decision to graduate with a 2.1 I put in the work God blessed my effort. E nor easy o. Why I go come fear to be publicly proud of my achievement?

3 Likes

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by gidimasters(m): 10:44am On May 09, 2016
Chief(Dr.)Bro Lalasticlala , See What You Caused

2 Likes

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by FrankLampard: 11:02am On May 09, 2016
This is the truth. First class and 2.1 grads are hard working individuals right from the onset.

Funny enough most HR executive here on NL are 2.2 or 3rd class grads, due to much envy they refuse to give employment to this category of grades 1.1 or 2.1

4 Likes

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Ayopercent(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2016
Basalt:
Its just a harmless question and never intended for mockery.

I notice that whenever one mention in his comment that he graduated with 2.1 or first class, he will usually be faced with so many ridiculous and mockery comments especially from those that graduated with 2.2 and below
You will be seeing things like

**who first class EPP

**If they don't say that, they will start reminding you that first class and 2.1 does not give job, connection gives job
**Another thing they say is this, first class ko, 2.1 ni, come to FUTA and know whether you go even smell 3rd class
**Another thing they do is scrutinizing your write-up for any possible error so that they will use it against you to prove that your 2.1 is meagre

**Another set of people will keep on yelling like PDP supporters telling you that most people that graduated with 2.2 are practically better than those that graduated with first class. That first class and 2.1 are empty vessels and robots who are only good in cramming
Who asked you?
If you are as good as you claim, why you no make first class?

Now I ask, why the so much HATE ON FIRST CLASS AND 2.1 GRADUATES?

This world is small, it will not benefit anybody if the hate continues

lets change our mentality and see everybody as one and stop this unnecessary hatred.

But if you decide to hate, na for your pocket.

#TeamSecondClassIfyouPutAmUpperNaYouSabi

Hope you observed the same thing
@Uboma
@davide470
@Lalasticlala
@op,are u an ex-futarian?
Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Sezua(m): 11:56am On May 09, 2016
some first class and 2.1 graduates like to jst rub it in your face!

1 Like

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 09, 2016
Basalt:

He said and I qoute

Point of Correction sir.. I am a genius academically and still chose to graduate with 2.1... Its not all First class that are genius and not all lower grades that aint genius.. Some students graduate with 2.2 or third class due to some certain reasons known only to the student...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by ademasta(m): 12:23pm On May 09, 2016
Is anything bad in being proud of my achievement? Na my achievement o! Even in interviews HRs do ask potential employees about their achievements so far... and if no be the country wey no dey OK, first class and 2:1 should be treated with priority. Don't forget, there are still 2:2 and 3rd class graduates that can compete with their fellow firstclass guys but ended up with what they got due to carelessness and poor time management. An exception is when students are frustrated by wicked lecturers, it could lead to poor result. Some narrowly missed 2:1 by negligible decimals but, outta wickedness it wasn't overlooked. But all these still doesn't mean you should beef your guy wey get am nah.
First class and 2nd class upper dudes are the ones who don't joke with time and have effective time planning skills.
So there shouldn't be hatred!

#IamProud2bA2:1Graduate.
Great Abusite!

1 Like

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by telim: 12:26pm On May 09, 2016
Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Dariye(m): 12:30pm On May 09, 2016
i think it is just a way for them (2.2 holders) to not feel totally like a failure.

BTW, makes me remember a funny post i came across some days ago here on Nairaland about one graduating with A FIRST CLASS LOWER. lol

1 Like

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by ademasta(m): 12:30pm On May 09, 2016
polymathic:
Point of Correction sir.. I am a genius academically and still chose to graduate with 2.1... Its not all First class that are genius and not all lower grades that aint genius.. Some students graduate with 2.2 or third class due to some certain reasons known only to the student...
Point of correction? Why correcting him when his VC said and he quoted

1 Like

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Basalt(m): 12:31pm On May 09, 2016
polymathic:

You chose to?

Oga if you must qoute me, then you must learn how to say the fact. which one is that you chose to?

you wanted to make first class, but could not because you dont have the academic prowess of a genuis needed to make first class, as simple as that

why do you people always like painting words and claiming the genius you are not?
please as I said earlier, if you must qoute me, then say the naked truth

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by ademasta(m): 12:33pm On May 09, 2016
Dariye:
i think it is just a way for them (2.2 holders) to not feel totally like a failure.

BTW, makes me remember a funny post i came across some days ago here on Nairaland about one graduating with A FIRST CLASS LOWER. lol
Lower division of first class... abi na lower case? Dem suppose Jail am for grade abuse grin

1 Like

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 09, 2016
Basalt:

You chose to?

Oga if you must qoute me, then you must learn how to say the fact. which one is that you chose to?

you wanted to make first class, but could not because you dont have the academic prowess of a genuis needed to make first class, as simple as that

why do you people always like painting words and claiming the genius you are not?
please as I said earlier, if you must qoute me, then say the naked truth
Just making you understand that First class is not a function of being a genius.. Whether you said so or your VC, but of you need to correct that assumption... There are lots of third class graduates that are better than all the first class put together.

I chose to cos I don't want to be a first class student. What's in it being a first class student?

Its people like you that makes people like us spit hate words on first class students...

3 Likes

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 09, 2016
ademasta:

Point of correction? Why correcting him when his VC said and he quoted
Don't mind me bro, got angry at the statement... #MyBad
Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by nurez305(m): 1:10pm On May 09, 2016
abeegi, who ur first class abi 2.1 epp, sit down there and eat your certificate. Who told you is by grades, why boasting with your useless grade here in nigeria where is not value at all. Continue boasting while looking at your colleague with 3rd class making serious money. It is people like you with proud that has nothing to offer, i can bet it that someone like you wil always find it difficult to apply you course to real life situation because you crammed to get your certificate and nothing else....nonsense of highest order.

Before you quote me, get a valid e-mail for me to send my certificate and see my grade.
But my question is who grade has epp in nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Ezegozie(m): 1:21pm On May 09, 2016
polymathic:
Just making you understand that First class is not a function of being a genius.. Whether you said so or your VC, but of you need to correct that assumption... There are lots of third class graduates that are better than all the first class put together.
I chose to cos I don't want to be a first class student. What's in it being a first class student?

Its people like you that makes people like us spit hate words on first class students...

Bros stop saying that because no man born of a woman will believe you.
How can somebody decide not to make first class?
Please stop lying in public

5 Likes

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 09, 2016
On social media everyone is a first class graduate, even those still struggling to pass jamb.
Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by butanep(m): 1:37pm On May 09, 2016
polymathic:

Why are you lying in a public forum like this? Do you think we are all dull?

That is where your academic power could take you to and nothing more.

Nobody will have the opportunity of graduating with first class and decide to choose something lower except you are afraid you can't defend it.

Don't come here to form one genius. I hate people that lie and still keep defending the lies.

2 Likes

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by ademasta(m): 1:42pm On May 09, 2016
polymathic:
Don't mind me bro, got angry at the statement... #MyBad
Lol grin
Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by adedolapo4(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2016
polymathic:

Well there is a saying that anything that is worth doing at all is worth doing well. So if you have decided to go to school, I don't see any crime in trying to get the best.

Remember the world does not remember the second, not the second person to climb the highest mountain, nor the second person to land on the moon. - Sheik Bin Rasheed Al-Maktum (don't know if I got the spelling right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by ademasta(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2016
butanep:

Why are you lying in a public forum like this? Do you think we are all dull?

That is where your academic power could take you to and nothing more.

Nobody will have the opportunity of graduating with first class and decide to choose something lower except you are afraid you can't defend it.

Don't come here to form one genius. I hate people that lie and still keep defending the lies.
....were you calling someone Lie Mohammed here? grin

1 Like

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by amicable09(f): 1:50pm On May 09, 2016
They haf come again ooooo!
All these first class and second class NL graduates! Who cares if you graduated with first class or 2.1 on nairaland? For goodness sake hang it somewhere on the wall of your room and show us what you've got online! What's the proof that you made a first class or 2.1 sef?
Pictures or I don't believe your advert! Period.

Nobody is hating on anybody's grade here. I personally do not see any sense in some class of graduates coming on here to feel superior for no good reason. You are in this section of NL cos you are seeking employment and so are the other guys here. Except when you are specifically asked should you voice it out otherwise shake it off tongue, leave the tag somewhere. It is not the beard that makes the Philosopher

Empty drum they say makes the loudest noise. If you indeed graduated with first class or 2.1 it will speak out on its own, no be by noise!
I just see a bunch of monikers trying to feel good about themselves online and from my observation most of them claim to have what they do not actually have.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by Dongreat(m): 1:52pm On May 09, 2016
And the hate peeps are starting to arrive. Go ahead and think/say whatever hate speech you like on the 1st or 2.1 guys, your views are yours to swallow. Only in developing countries that you hear, 'Ist or 2.1, are not tickets to success or who 1st or 2.1 epp?'. In developed countries higher results are huge leaps for success except you got an amazing talent.

Don't hate the players but the game. #team1stclass

2 Likes

Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by adedolapo4(m): 1:53pm On May 09, 2016
nurez305:
abeegi, who ur first class abi 2.1 epp, sit down there and eat your certificate. Who told you is by grades, why boasting with your useless grade here in nigeria where is not value at all. Continue boasting while looking at your colleague with 3rd class making serious money. It is people like you with proud that has nothing to offer, i can bet it that someone like you wil always find it difficult to apply you course to real life situation because you crammed to get your certificate and nothing else....nonsense of highest order.

Before you quote me, get a valid e-mail for me to send my certificate and see my grade.
But my question is who grade has epp in nigeria

Well regarding your last question, grade has helped a lot of people in this country bro. C'mon you know that.

Buh, get to think of it, someone came to the school with the objective of getting a good grade and he eventually did so sucessfully, no one cares how he did it (whether by cramming or not). Mere seeing that, it proves that he has the ability to get things done successfully.

Having a 3rd class on the other hand might indicate a lot of things, most of them been negative from being un serious to a host of other things.
Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by butanep(m): 1:54pm On May 09, 2016
ademasta:

The guy is lie Mohammed father.
Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by butanep(m): 1:55pm On May 09, 2016
ademasta:

I remove hat for the lies.
Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by ademasta(m): 1:57pm On May 09, 2016
butanep:

I remove hat for the lies.
So lie Mohammed get father for Nairaland
Re: Do NAIRALAND Members Hate First Class And 2.1 Graduates? by ademasta(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2016
amicable09:
They haf come again ooooo!
All these first class and second class NL graduates! Who cares if you graduated with first class or 2.1 on nairaland? For goodness sake hang it somewhere on the wall of your room and show us what you've got online! What's the proof that you made a first class or 2.1 sef?
Pictures or I don't believe your advert! Period.

Nobody is hating on anybody's grade here. I personally do not see any sense for any class of graduates to come on here and feel superior for no good reason. You are in this section of NL cos you are seeking employment and so are the other guys here. Except when you are specifically asked should you voice it out otherwise shake it off tongue

Empty drum they say makes the loudest noise. If you indeed graduated with first class or 2.1 it will speak out on its own, no be by noise!
I just see a bunch of monikers trying to feel good about themselves online and from my observation most of them claim to have what they do not actually have.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancy For Mobile App Developer At First Bank Nigeria / Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System / Who Else Got This (miraton Matador Group)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.