Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard (23862 Views)

Senators React To Obasanjo, Babangida And Abdulsalami's Meeting In Minna / Saraki To Obasanjo: I Will Respond To Your Letter Formally / Breaking News: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Tranquill: 5:49am On Oct 25, 2015
By Jide Ajani

Former President Goodluck Jonathan is to unveil the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation next year.

As part of preparations for this, the former Nigerian leader has already sent out scores of letters to world leaders informing them of his determination to be part of the process for the attainment of global development, security, peace, as well as make the world a better place.

It is expected that the Foundation will take off in the third quarter of next year.

Contrary to the impression created last week that President Jonathan sought the exclusive help of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Sunday Vanguard learnt that the letter written to the latter was the same written to Nigeria’s serving and former heads of state.

President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, along with former heads of State – General Abdulsalami Abubakar, General Ibrahim Babangida, General Yakubu Gowon, Alhaji Shehu Shagari and Ernest Shonekan – all got copies of the same letter written to Obasanjo.

Part of the letter reads: “Now well-rested, I am back to work to continue to serve and dedicate my life to promoting peace and prosperity for all…

“Furthermore, I will be devoting the rest of my life and energy to making the world a better place. I am currently finalizing efforts to set up The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation. More details on the work of the Foundation will be available at the launch, which I believe should take place by the 3rd quarter of 2016.”

The same letter was sent to the following:

-All serving African President’s and heads of Government and key global world leaders

-All Nigerian former Heads of State and vice President’s

-Diplomatic missions in Nigeria addressed to their ambassadors

-Many international agencies including World Bank, EU UNDP

-Key multinationals and some prominent CSO and prominent politicians

Sunday Vanguard learnt that whereas some letters are still being dispatched, acknowledgements are being received from those who have already received copies of theirs.

A sample of the letter

Dear ……..

On Friday, 29th May, 2015; I completed my term of office as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and successfully handed over government to President Muhammadu Buhari. I immediately proceeded on a long deserved break; I have enjoyed a delightful time with my family and close friends.

Now, well rested, I am back to work; to continue to serve and dedicate my life to promoting peace and prosperity for all. I have set up an office where I can be reached and members of my staff are poised to serve you and respond to your enquiries at all times.

Furthermore, I will be devoting the rest of my life and energy to making the world a better place. I am currently finalising efforts to set up The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation. More details on the work of the foundation will be available at the launch, which I believe should take place by the 3rd quarter of 2016.

As I start this new phase of my life of renewed service to humanity, I look forward to your continuous support, counsel and cooperation.

Please do accept the assurance of my esteemed regards.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/jonathan-launches-foundation-next-year/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Aufbauh(m): 5:54am On Oct 25, 2015
I will be devoting the rest of my life and energy to making the world a better place. I am currently finalizing efforts to set up The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation.
What a passionate word!
Truly you had a good heart but the people around you then betrayed your good intentions and traded it with silver and gold. hope you've learned from your past experiences? Good luck to your foundation!

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by MizMyColi(f): 5:55am On Oct 25, 2015
He could have "mistakenly" left out his name and Otta address, but the fact that he equally sent to Obasanjo and all those who have exhibited bilish and bitter tendencies against him shows that he is not a bitter and vindictive person.

I wonder if the same can be said of president Buhari who for reasons best known to him, avoided all council of state meetings held during GEJ's tenure, save for the last two (in a space of three months).

Good Luck Jonathan's National and Democratic ideologies is one kind I've never seen any Nigerian leader espouse.
That alone should make him worthy of follower-ship and adulation.

155 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by DickDastardly(m): 5:56am On Oct 25, 2015
We will always love and miss you sir cool

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 25, 2015
The SW mgbati made it seem like the letter was written to only Obasanjo thus overhyping his importance!! Thank you Vanguard for bursting their ego.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Austin4lif: 5:59am On Oct 25, 2015
Why must he even invite obasanjo?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by kayemdy: 6:03am On Oct 25, 2015
Every human has flaws but THIS is commendable....weldone man of peace

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by SeverusSnape(m): 6:03am On Oct 25, 2015
Jonathan is indeed a rare gem. You remain my president ad infinitum, not one illiterate that doesn't know the name of his party. grin

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 25, 2015
chukwudi44:
The SW mgbati made it seem like the letter was written to only Obasanjo thus overhyping his importance!! Thank you Vanguard for bursting their ego.

chukwudi44 at 44 years u still behave like this wen will u grow up ooo Nna.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by MizMyColi(f): 6:12am On Oct 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Jonathan is indeed a rare gem. You remain my president ad infinitum, not one illiterate that doesn't know the name of his party. grin

As much as I remember, I have always held ALL Nigerian leaders in contempt and held sway that the turbulent waters of Nigerian politics remain unchartable.

All that changed when Goodluck passed through the the annals of Nigeria's presidential history.

Everything changed. Everything.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by MizMyColi(f): 6:15am On Oct 25, 2015
Austin4lif:
Why must he even invite obasanjo?

Because he bears him no ill.

The virtue of unsolicited forgiveness is never for the faint-hearted.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by modath(f): 6:16am On Oct 25, 2015
So he sent to PMB & PYO..... He has moved on & opening the next chapter of his life while some are running unclad screaming slaves, illiterates, sycophants upandan.... crying more than the bereaved tinz...

Quote me wrongly or send any curse to your generations & : your life/ lives will be like that of CAIN, JOB's trying time pre 2nd stint with God, Like King Nebu's end... Joy & peace will be ALIENs to your lives.... Nonsense!!

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:
He can remain your President till 3030. So far as Aso Rock is not his residence, I am cool with that.

And the one whom you call an 'illiterate' is far more intelligent than GEJ ever was or could be. Maybe one day, you will realize that. smiley

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by SeverusSnape(m): 6:19am On Oct 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

As much as I remember, I have always held ALL Nigerian leaders in contempt and held sway that the turbulent waters of Nigerian politics remain unchartable.

All that changed when Goodluck passed through the the annals of Nigeria's presidential history.

Everything changed. Everything.
Same here Nne... GEJ is not like the average Nigerian politician who plays politics of bitterness and vile.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
He could have "mistakenly" left out his name and Otta address, but the fact that he equally sent to Obasanjo and all those who have exhibited bilish and bitter tendencies against him shows that he is not a bitter and vindictive person.
Come on, let us not rewrite history. The men whom GEJ kept close to his side(Clark, Dokubo et al) made it seem like GEJ's presidency was an Ijaw Presidency. When Turai and her cabal sought to deny him the Presidency during Yaradua's illness, the protests that were held in support of GEJ were led by mostly SW'ners. It's on record that there were no protest in SE or the SS. How could you alienate the same people who voted massively for him in the 2011 elections?

Yes, GEJ did well by conceding defeat. I will give him that. BUT he was an awful and terrible, very terrible leader. BEING a NICE guy and being a LEADER are two very disparate roles.

SeverusSnape:

Same here Nne... GEJ is not like the average Nigerian politician who plays politics of bitterness and vile.

Yes o.. Go and ask Amaechi who lost an election 19-16. No bitterness or vile indeed.
Na wa. Thank God, access to information is cheap. If not, true true, GEJ for don turn JESUS of Otuoke.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by MizMyColi(f): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2015
modath:

So he sent to PMB & PYO..... He has moved on & opening the next chapter of his life while some are running unclad screaming slaves, illiterates, sycophants upandan.... crying more than the bereaved tinz...

The comment you put in quote is unnecessary.

To the discerning mind, it actually gives the impression that you are somewhat scared of the opposition you might receive for your comment.

If you're making a post on Nairaland and you think it'll attract lots of negativity you can't deal with, why bother?

You made a post and referred to a group of people in negative light, yet you attach a caveat full of curses for the same people who might wanna give you a taste of your own medicine.

Doesn't that reek of hypocrisy to you?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by SeverusSnape(m): 6:21am On Oct 25, 2015
musKeeto:

He can remain your President till 3030. So far as Aso Rock is not his residence, I am cool with that.

And the one whom you call an 'illiterate' is far more intelligent than GEJ ever was or could be. Maybe one day, you will realize that. smiley
Your president is my Presidiot. smiley

... And he's an illiterate senile old man whose grey matters are already deteriorating. How can such person be intelligent?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by SeverusSnape(m): 6:25am On Oct 25, 2015
modath:

Even if Oduduwa or Okija high priest say no one should quote him wrongly, I will. You know why? smiley , because I don't believe in all these your religious and superstitious beliefs. Ask one ifa adherent cum mohammedan called Rilwayne001 , who swore to fire us with thunder and brimstone for saying the truth about him, but as you can see, we are kicking, healthy, hale and hearty. So take your swearing and shove it down your rectum.

11 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by MizMyColi(f): 6:31am On Oct 25, 2015
musKeeto:

Come on, let us not rewrite history. The men whom GEJ kept close to his side(Clark, Dokubo et al) made it seem like GEJ's presidency was an Ijaw Presidency. When Turai and her cabal sought to deny him the Presidency during Yaradua's illness, the protests that were held in support of GEJ were led by mostly SW'ners. It's on record that there were no protest in SE or the SS. How could you alienate the same people who voted massively for him in the 2011 elections?

Yes, GEJ did well by conceding defeat. I will give him that. BUT he was an awful and terrible, very terrible leader. BEING a NICE guy and being a LEADER are two very disparate roles.

Your opinion is largely your prerogative, my dear.

I mentioned up there that he espoused national and democratic ideals I've never seen in any Nigerian leader. That alone, makes him worthy of my followership.

Your assertion that he's a bad leader is an issue for contention which I prefer not to attend to here.

That said, Bad leader or not...No one can take away his niceness from him.
Isn't that enough to like and adulate someone?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by MizMyColi(f): 6:34am On Oct 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Word!

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by modath(f): 6:34am On Oct 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:

No, his modus operandi is ethnic & religious divide & conquer...

"HOW MUCH DID NWOBODO "STOLE" cheesy?

KNEELING DOWN ON EVERY ALTAR HE COULD FIND

If you can't differentiate between Noble & procedural acts cos of your below average standards & ethics, the civilised society has rules & procedures, he obeyed..

He shouldn't have conceeded defeat, he should have followed through with the ORUBEBE script, like he had the guts to do so....

4 women held the whole country hostage under him & we are supposed to be impressed by "niceness" cheesy

PMB-2023

Long live Fed Repblic of Nigeria....( The land of your future generation) smiley

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 25, 2015
One thing I can't take away from this guy GEJ is his humility. He may be a dunce and he may lack the charisma to lead. He may even be too weak as a leader but the guy is TOO humble. Without politics, he would have been a better man and a better husband to PEJ

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by modath(f): 6:40am On Oct 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

The comment you put in quote is unnecessary.

To the discerning mind, it actually gives the impression that you are somewhat scared of the opposition you might receive for your comment.

If you're making a post on Nairaland and you think it'll attract lots of negativity you can't deal with, why bother?

You made a post and referred to a group of people in negative light, yet you attach a caveat full of curses for the same people who might wanna give you a taste of your own medicine.

Doesn't that reek of hypocrisy to you?

Why on earth should i be scared of E warriors?? cheesy

All you talk about is "hyprocrisy" & "sycophancy", while pretending to be full of light l, love & joy....get some other words, Jonathan lost & no one is going nowhere, we will all serve the illiterate northerners cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Your opinion is largely your prerogative, my dear.

I mentioned up there that he espoused national and democratic ideals I've never seen in any Nigerian leader. That alone, makes him worthy of my followership.

Your assertion that he's a bad leader is an issue for contention which I prefer not to attend to here.

That said, Bad leader or not...No one can take away his niceness from him.
Isn't that enough to like and adulate someone?

Yes we like him, I like him. He is a good husband to PEJ, he is a very nice gentleman, most humble president Nigeria ever had...BUT HE IS TOO corrupt and under him, Nigeria went into recession

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by modath(f): 6:41am On Oct 25, 2015
tobimillar:
One thing I can't take away from this guy GEJ is his humility. He may be a dunce and he may lack the charisma to lead. He may even be too weak as a leader but the guy is TOO humble. Without politics, he would have been a better man and a better husband to PEJ

#word..

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by SeverusSnape(m): 6:41am On Oct 25, 2015
modath:

[s]I am not one to be intimidated on a faceless forum, all they can do is curse & go back to their empty lives while their worst nightmare of an "illiterate unbeliever rules them".....In church na dem voice go loud pass, join all the groups & cells with a black hole filling their souls.. kiss[/s]

9 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Your president is my Presidiot. smiley

... And he's an illiterate senile old man whose grey matters are already deteriorating. How can such person be intelligent?
For one who calls another 'unintelligent', it is expected that you show some 'intelligence' by displaying an ability to have a rational discussion without unnecessary vituperations and invectives. It doesn't show class or IQ in the least.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by MizMyColi(f): 6:45am On Oct 25, 2015
modath:

Why on earth should i be scared of E warriors?? cheesy

All you talk about is "hyprocrisy" & "sycophancy", while pretending to be full of light l, love & joy....get some other words, Jonathan lost & no one is going nowhere, we will all serve the illetrate northerners cheesy

Okay.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 25, 2015
No doubt GEJ is a complete gentle man but He is too weak to be a Nigerian Leader. He has moved on with his Life, Hope some jobless youth here will do d same. GEJ is gone and gone forever. angry

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by SeverusSnape(m): 6:50am On Oct 25, 2015
musKeeto:

For one who calls another 'intelligent', it is expected that you show some 'intelligence' by showing an ability to have a rational discussion without unnecessary vituperations and invectives. It doesn't show class or IQ in the least.
Mr. Mosquito. You're becoming a nuisance.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by HzRF(m): 6:51am On Oct 25, 2015
musKeeto:

Nd i hope u realize how things are going for u yoruba (i didnt vote change)

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard by modath(f): 6:51am On Oct 25, 2015
musKeeto:

For one who calls another 'intelligent', it is expected that you show some 'intelligence' by showing an ability to have a rational discussion without unnecessary vituperations and invectives. It doesn't show class or IQ in the least.

Lower your bar, when the argument is beyond a person that is the only recourse. .. cheesy

Moreover what do you expect from someone whose grandchildren are sure NIGERIANs despite all efforts to the contrary, abeg allow a flogged person to wail. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters / We’re Ready - Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Photo) / Federal High Court Nullifies Nomination Of APC Candidate, Oyetola, Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.