Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? (3439 Views)

Secret Of Jesus Resurrection And How To Resurrect Yourself / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. / Why Is Jesus' ‪Resurrection‬ So Important That We Have A Whole Holiday For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? by orisa37: 4:04am On Nov 08, 2015
Let us drop the mere adjective extraordinary and be content with evidence. Yes: The Bible does, and very well too, for an event that happened pre-2015 years ago and is still rollicking. Alleluia!!!!
Re: Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
chuna1985:

cheesy grin grin Did I say Jesus died n rose again

We are in A.D. 2015. What does the A.D. stand for?
Re: Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

AD has many meanings, by for the topic here, it means after the death of Christ...........Not after the death n resurrection of Christ.

It's either he died n remained dead, Or Judas died on his behalf as a trick to deceive mankind grin
Re: Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2015
chuna1985:

AD has many meanings, by for the topic here, it means after the death of Christ...........Not after the death n resurrection of Christ.

It's either he died n remained dead, Or Judas died on his behalf as a trick to deceive mankind grin

A simple google check can help you out as to its meaning. smiley
Re: Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? by UyiIredia(m): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

AD is short for Anno domini meaning in the year of our Lord. Some people have tried to change it to CE, common era.
Re: Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2015
UyiIredia:

AD is short for Anno domini meaning in the year of our Lord. Some people have tried to change it to CE, common era.

God bless you my brother. smiley
Re: Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? by UyiIredia(m): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

God bless you my brother. smiley

Thank you and I would ask you pray for me, because if there anything I've learnt its that it's very very easy to lose the .
Re: Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
UyiIredia:

Thank you and I would ask you pray for me, because if there anything I've learnt its that it's very very easy to lose the .

You are welcome my brother. The Lord is your strength and as you keep trusting in Him He will not let you down. Watch and pray is the admonition our Lord gave us because the days are evil. If you are opportuned try reading my thread on the daily manna it will give you the much needed encouragement to read the Bible and pray. Remain blessed and rapturable. smiley
Re: Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

1. Textual reliability of the ancient document:

The New Testament documents are 99.5% textually pure. This is indeed an extraordinary fact since all other ancient documents do not even approach this level of accuracy.

2. Retention of crucifixion wounds post event:

This would indeed be an extraordinary evidence of a resurrection to see the actual holes in Jesus' hands and side after He had died on the cross.

"Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing" (John 20:27).

3. Post-death appearances to many people:

It is indeed extraordinary to have someone who has died in public at an execution to appear to many people afterwards.

"And after eight days again His disciples were inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst, and said, "Peace be with you" (John 20:26).

4. Prophetic fulfillment:

Fulfilling prophecies made hundreds of years earlier about Jesus' birth, death, crucifixion, and resurrection is indeed extraordinary.

5. Accounts written by eyewitnesses:

It is perfectly ordinary to have people write about what they saw. History is full of such accounts.

6. No counter historic information.

There is no contradictory historical information concerning Jesus' resurrection. This doesn't prove anything, but when the Gospels were written, people contemporary to the described events (Jews, Romans, etc.,) could have easily written something refuting or correcting the resurrection account. No such writings exist. This isn't extraordinary, but it is important.

7. Jesus' body is gone from the tomb:

It is not extraordinary for a body to disappear from a tomb if we realize that it could have been stolen.

We can see that there is sufficient reasons to believe that the Bible does indeed provide extraordinary evidence for an extraordinary claim, namely, the resurrection of Jesus.
Re: Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
He is risen!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble / Spiritual Materials Shop In Lagos / Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.