Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone (7480 Views)

Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants / Yoruba Message To Igbos. Please Understand / Why Yoruba Says Ibo Leave Niger Delta Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Mortiple(m): 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
DeviIhimself:

gain more like what, what and what? please elaborate no just sidan dey deceive yourself.
SE stands to gain more staying on their own
note: am not an IPOB fan nor member am just concerned about the current fate of igbos in Nigeria.
Please go back to my post you quoted which I have edited.

What we are gaining in Nigeria? Well I am going to tell you but also do me a favour by telling me what Ndigbo stand to gain in Biafra than in Nigeria.

WHAT NDIGBO ARE GAINING IN NIGERIA
1. Spread of Business Tentacles: Like I said earlier, Ndigbo are virtually in every nooks and crannies of Nigeria. Little wonder it is said that "anywhere you go and do not see an Igbo man, it is advisable to run away". If we secede from Nigeria, we would loose the opportunity of expanding beyond our coast.

2. Investment Outside Igboland: We might be loosing a reasonable chunk of our investment if Biafra successfully secede. Nigeria will not hesitate to put stringent policies that will cost Ndigbo a lot of their investments in the (new) Nigeria.

3. Presently, there is no indices on ground that suggest that Ndigbo are ready for Biafra. Besides the hullabaloos of bigoted Igbo e-warriors on social media, there is nothing else. I should be taking Biafra serious when Igbo investors begin to invest more in Igboland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by chimerase2: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
undecided
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Yanks101: 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

Not when the minority has oil. What benefit will the Igbos gain for aligning with the northerners for instance? My guess will be to be second class citizen as opposed to third class.
But the oil is in the control of the north.
We are talking of Nigeria here not biafra or niger-delta republic.
The owners of the oil are powerful northern strongmen.
Aligning with the hausa fulani would have given ndi-igbo greater access to the oil than any association with the SS atleast under a Nigeria state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Bizibi(m): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
fkaz:
As the saying goes; PEN is Mightier than SWORD. If south east truly want to have biafra, they know where to go

UN

Enough of this noise.
exactly, why all the noise.....
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Mortiple(m): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
Jakpon:
shut up. You are not a true Nwafo. You are a fooolani slave. What is wrong with you lazy yeriba people, why dont you want we Igbos to go back to Biafra ? The zoo must fall
Shattap, iwu onye ara!!!

Owu onye kwuo okwu, eriri pant ya adobie?!

Go back where? (Ole ebe ina ala)?

Echem ma inwere ako-na-uche (I thought you have common sense)!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Yanks101: 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
Most of the Southerners with oil blocs got it through parleying with highly corrupt northern strongmen.
That is exactly what ndi-igbo should have done if we were really looking out for our best interests.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

No, im not and i don't care about the SS. I care for my people (SE) first and formost and one thing i hate is insults. All these minorities are really enjoying the attention that they're been given by jobless Igbo folks on nairaland. When i first came to Lagos in 1996, nobody knew who Ikwerre in Lagos, all of a sudden Ikwerre is soo popular just because we Igbos will not stop obsessing ourselves over why our supposed brother don't want to be called brother. Everybody shoyld answer their father's name. Enough of these insults.

Basically what you are saying is that the Ikwerre should regard themselves as ibos?
If you are mad now what would you be like when they try to assert themselves under Biafra?

4 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Afam4eva(m): 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yanks101:
But the oil is in the control of the north.
We are talking of Nigeria here not biafra or niger-delta republic.
The owners of the oil are powerful northern strongmen.
Aligning with the hausa fulani would have given ndi-igbo greater access to the oil than any association with the SS atleast under a Nigeria state.
The owners of the oil are the minorities but the oil is being controlled by the North. The aim of aligning with the minorities will be for the oil to change ownership from the North to the Igbos or at worst for it to be shared between the Igbos and their South south brothers and sisters. Aligning with the north will not give you greater access, the best you can benefit is that they can employ you for the day to day running of their oil interests and employ your people in some oil coys. That will make you graduate to being a second class citizen but you will never be the first. The Northers own that territory.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by meforyou1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
Op, are there no igbos in the so called South South or what?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
@OP, you made a very valid point which is for us to completely disregard the SS minorities. But you are wrong when you say Ndi Igbo should focus on SE alone because Igbo land extends past the SE. The current SE as it is, is the creation of our enemies and does not represent the true extent of Igbo land. My proposition has always been that Ndi Igbo, should focus squarely on the five Eastern states, Anioma and the parts of Igbo land carved into Rivers, Benue and Cross river state. We cannot forget our Anioma brothers because they've always played a key role in the Igbo political circle, and I have seen lots of them here on Nairaland uphold their Igboness proudly. The Ikwerres are a non-issue as far as I am concerned and I don't give a rat's about their existence neither do I include them in my proposed Republic of Ala Igbo.
Let us focus squarely on developing Ala Igbo whilst also fighting for independence from the evil contraption called Nigeria. Involving these SS minorities in our cause is nothing short of an unnecessary distraction because, Ndi Igbo I know, are very capable of turning Republic of Ala Igbo, into one of the best countries on earth.
PS, I hate to see some uncouth Igbo people throwing insults at others, simply because they harbor a different view. Y'all should learn how to argue your case without being abusive. Such attitude makes some of you come off as touts and it's not a good look.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by DeviIhimself: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:

Please go back to my post you quoted which I have edited.

What we are gaining in Nigeria? Well I am going to tell you but also do me a favour by telling me what Ndigbo stand to gain in Biafra than in Nigeria.

WHAT NDIGBO ARE GAINING IN NIGERIA
1. Spread of Business Tentacles: Like I said earlier, Ndigbo are virtually in every nooks and crannies of Nigeria. Little wonder it is said that "anywhere you go and do not see an Igbo man, it is advisable to run away". If we secede from Nigeria, we would loose the opportunity of expanding beyond our coast.

2. Investment Outside Igboland: We might be loosing a reasonable chunk of our investment if Biafra successfully secede. Nigeria will not hesitate to put stringent policies that will cost Ndigbo a lot of their investments in the (new) Nigeria.

3. Presently, there is no indices on ground that suggest that Ndigbo are ready for Biafra. Besides the hullabaloos of bigoted Igbo e-warriors on social media, there is nothing else. I should be taking Biafra serious when Igbo investors begin to invest more in Igboland.

this shows the level of your understanding how things work.

well no time for long grammar

please go and read about ECOWAS law

also please go and research how many lands and properties owned by Nigerians in another countries, etc

this your excuses are just shallow because you know the truth just that you're afraid to speak up.

I don't have time to compile for you the benefits of having an independent country just use what's currently going on in Nigeria to analyze the benefits.

thanks
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

The owners of the oil are the minorities but the oil is being controlled by the North. The aim of aligning with the minorities will be for the oil to change ownership from the North to the Igbos or at worst for it to be shared between the Igbos and their South south brothers and sisters. Aligning with the north will not give you greater access, the best you can benefit is that they can employ you for the day to day running of their oil interests and employ your people in some oil coys. That will make you graduate to being a second class citizen but you will never be the first. The Northers own that territory.

Hmmmm....substitute one set of oil thieves with a new set of oil thieves. What is in it for the south south?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by mightyhaze: 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
Guy ur overdoin ds tin na haba! Evn d dumbest of us knw u aint one of us.u foolin no one else but urself u hear? Incase ur feelin like one smart individual!
Jakpon:
shut up. You are not a true Nwafo. You are a fooolani slave. What is wrong with you lazy yeriba people, why dont you want we Igbos to go back to Biafra ? The zoo must fall
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by IlekeHD: 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Afam4eva(m): 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
Aigbofa:

Basically what you are saying is that the Ikwerre should regard themselves as ibos?
If you are mad now what would you be like when they try to assert themselves under Biafra?
You must have comprehension issues. I don't care what majority of Ikwerres choose to call themselves.It's their choice to make and their choice should be respected irrespective of the reasons they do what they do. We should not obsess ourselves over what we cannot control.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Yanks101: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

This is naive politics and not looking out for our interests.
Whoever controls political power controls the oil and the attendants benefits and the north will always do. And one thing about the north is that they are not shy in throwing oil blocs around for their allies if it means a continuous control of the oil. And that is exactly what ndi-igbo should have benefited.
The likes of alakija, adenuga, otedola got oil blocs via being boy-boy to the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
nwanlecha:
@OP, you made a very valid point which is for us to completely disregard the SS minorities. But you are wrong when you say Ndi Igbo should focus on SE alone because Igbo land extends past the SE. The current SE as it is, is the creation of our enemies and does not represent the true extent of Igbo land. My proposition has always been that Ndi Igbo, should focus squarely on the five Eastern states, Anioma and the parts of Igbo land carved into Rivers, Benue and Cross river state. We cannot forget our Anioma brothers because they've always played a key role in the Igbo political circle, and I have seen lots of them here on Nairaland uphold their Igboness proudly. The Ikwerres are a non-issue as far as I am concerned and I don't give a rat's about their existence neither do I include them in my proposed Republic of Ala Igbo.
Let us focus squarely on developing Ala Igbo whilst also fighting for independence from the evil contraption called Nigeria. Involving these SS minorities in our cause is nothing short of an unnecessary distraction because, Ndi Igbo I know, are very capable of turning Republic of Ala Igbo, into one of the best countries on earth.
PS, I hate to see some uncouth Igbo people throwing insults at others, simply because they harbor a different view. Y'all should learn how to argue your case without being abusive. Such attitude makes some of you come off as touts and it's not a good look.

A landlocked Biafra is going to be just another poor landlocked African Republic.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by dinachi(m): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
After Ijaw led PDP zoning of presidency to the north, any Igbo man still calling I jaw man his brother need to be castrated and his fathers house burnt. Unless we begin to look out for ourselves first, we will never make any political progress.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

You must have comprehension issues. I don't care what majority of Ikwerres choose to call themselves.It's their choice to make and their choice should be respected irrespective of the reasons they do what they do. We should not obsess ourselves over what we cannot control.

Your duplicity is clear for everyone to see. Lay off the ogogoro, Just a friendly advice.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by mightyhaze: 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lmao! D guy is not igbo,but I won't make haste 2 kolhim scratchface. He tinks hez bein smart,makin tough statements on igbo matters.dia types abound here n we knw all abt dem
Mortiple:
Shattap, iwu onye ara!!!

Owu onye kwuo okwu, eriri pant ya adobie?!

Go back where? (Ole ebe ina ala)?

Echem ma inwere ako-na-uche (I thought you have common sense)!

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Yanks101: 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
Aigbofa:

A landlocked Biafra is going to be just another poor landlocked African Republic.
I seriously doubt that.
A nation as industrious and hardworking as ndi-igbo can never be poor, unlike most african countries that are very docile and laid-back.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Mortiple(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
DeviIhimself:

this shows the level of your understanding how things work.

well no time for long grammar

please go and read about ECOWAS law

also please go and research how many lands and properties owned by Nigerians in another countries, etc

this your excuses are just shallow because you know the truth just that you're afraid to speak up.

I don't have time to compile for you the benefits of having an independent country just use what's currently going on in Nigeria to analyze the benefits.

thanks

Nwanne, its a fact that ECOWAS law is only on paper. If you are in doubt, ask Igbo people doing businesses in ECOWAS countries like Ghana, Cameroon etc.

Take it or leave it, Nigeria will definitely make it more difficult for Ndigbo if Biafra secedes.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
That's ok. Necessity is the mother of invention. Ndi Igbo are more than capable of turning dust to gold. Don't forget that we got to where we are with just 20 pounds, amidst other evil policies that were enforced to try and subjugate us. But look how far we've come! Today, we are better than our oppressors (the Yoruba & Hausa put together). Just know that he whom God has blessed, no man can curse.
Mark my words, Biafra of just Ndi Igbo alone will stand side by side with great countries like America, Isreal, Japan and China. Ndi Igbo have got what it takes, and I believe so much in our ability.

Aigbofa:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

I was waiting for someone to leave the discuss and bring up why i used Niger Delta instead of South south since there are two Igbos states in ND. I used ND because i think it more suited to what i'm talking about (oil et al).

So what the hell are you talking about...?
To me you ain't making sense et all.
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yea, I heard that guy is not Igbo. He's just trying to make it seem like Ndi Igbo are abusive people, when that is mostly not the case.
mightyhaze:
Guy ur overdoin ds tin na haba! Evn d dumbest of us knw u aint one of us.u foolin no one else but urself u hear? Incase ur feelin like one smart individual!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by ojinji: 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
As igbo, I am often confused as to which decision is best. If not for injustice, one Nigeria would have made sense. but since justice has been slayed the only option is do go our separate ways. if in small europe Ireland can not go with England then what are we saying in Nigeria. The way to go is igbo should spearhead the match and then any tribe that wants to join can do so with a good agreement that will guarantee everybody's right and previlages.
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Sweetguy25: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
IlekeHD:
cheesy

This babe, you just dey enjoy the whole show abi? Lol

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by ojinji: 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
As igbo, I am often confused as to which decision is best. If not for injustice, one Nigeria would have made sense. but since justice has been slayed the only option is do go our separate ways. if in small europe Ireland can not go with England then what are we saying in Nigeria. The way to go is igbo should spearhead the match and then any tribe that wants to join can do so with a good agreement that will guarantee everybody's right and previlages. we must know that igbo did not have empires in the past and most igbos that had wandered afield did not know where they stepped out from. So let's not be angry with our people that didn't know we were brothers

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Mortiple(m): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
mightyhaze:
Lmao! D guy is not igbo,but I won't make haste 2 kolhim scratchface. He tinks hez bein smart,makin tough statements on igbo matters.dia types abound here n we knw all abt dem
Who is not Igbo? It is either you cannot see or read.

For your information, I am NWAFOR IGBO (son of the soil of Igboland). I am neither a JEW (as claimed by some) nor AKPA, nor ORU (the riverine Igbos) nor any other hybrid Igbo. I understand, speak and write Igbo. You should consider it a privilege having my kind on this thread. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
Moreover, you're a Nigerian. You don't even have the moral ground to stand on and talk of another nation being poor. Go fix you perpetually backward nigeria first, then maybe, we can talk. But for now, just zip it.
Aigbofa:

5 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva is a yoyoba man. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-zakzaky: Police Warn Against Demonstration, Ask Citizens To Be Vigilant / Sanwo-Olu Celebrates Women’s Frontline Roles In Battle Against COVID-19 / Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.