Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone (7458 Views)

Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants / Yoruba Message To Igbos. Please Understand / Why Yoruba Says Ibo Leave Niger Delta Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Afam4eva(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
nwanlecha:
@OP, you made a very valid point which is for us to completely disregard the SS minorities. But you are wrong when you say Ndi Igbo should focus on SE alone because Igbo land extends past the SE. The current SE as it is, is the creation of our enemies and does not represent the true extent of Igbo land. My proposition has always been that Ndi Igbo, should focus squarely on the five Eastern states, Anioma and the parts of Igbo land carved into Rivers, Benue and Cross river state. We cannot forget our Anioma brothers because they've always played a key role in the Igbo political circle, and I have seen lots of them here on Nairaland uphold their Igboness proudly. The Ikwerres are a non-issue as far as I am concerned and I don't give a rat's about their existence neither do I include them in my proposed Republic of Ala Igbo.
Let us focus squarely on developing Ala Igbo whilst also fighting for independence from the evil contraption called Nigeria. Involving these SS minorities in our cause is nothing short of an unnecessary distraction because, Ndi Igbo I know, are very capable of turning Republic of Ala Igbo, into one of the best countries on earth.
PS, I hate to see some uncouth Igbo people throwing insults at others, simply because they harbor a different view. Y'all should learn how to argue your case without being abusive. Such attitude makes some of you come off as touts and it's not a good look.
Your view is closer to my assertion exceot for the Anioma part. I'm aware that Aniomas Aniocha and Oshimili people are largely proud of their Igboness but it's going to be a tough fight to seperate them from a state that is not IGBO only. That's why in my write up i said "Don’t even include the Asaba area, atleast for now". If you try to include that area now, you will be met with even more fiercer opposition.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
No ethnic region in Nigeria is serious about secession. All na wash.

The south east should start Biafra by holding their governors accountable. If our governors give us what we want; we'd only need Nigeria when it comes to sharing revenue and allocation of petro-dollars.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by omenka(m): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:
One of the reasons why I don’t support groups such as MASSOB or IPOB is not because I don’t think Igbos or any group for that matter have the right for self-determination. My only worry is the mode through which this is carried out. The truth is that the Biafran dream will remain a pipe dream if the initiators go about it the way they are currently. Apart from the fact that they are not going about it the right way by appealing to those that matter in Igboland and taking their case to the United Nations (UN), the most embarrassing disposition that they have created is one of forcing people who have not given their consent to be included in the Biafran agenda.

The fact that most of the areas known as the Niger Delta were naturally part of the old eastern region and as such were naturally part of the Biafran agitation in the 60s does not mean the same thing holds today. The divide and rule tactics has worked and anybody that can’t see it needs to go for an eye checkup. I’m tired of this whole “We are not Igbo, we are Edo”, “Our ancestors ate Igbo yam and that is why we are Igbo” or the opposing views that portray such desperate disposition that could be mistaken as Hitler’s intended conquering of Europe.

Igbos should fight for their rights and their only. Let’s stop this “SS and SE” BS. This people have oil for Bleep sake. Leave them the heck alone. They don’t want to have anything to do with you. I wonder why you can’t see that. They probably hate you more than the Hausas and the Yorubas that you see as your arch rivals. You have nothing to offer them, so leave them the heck alone.

In my mind, I even think it will make more sense for Igbos to align with other major groups and not minorities. These minorities don’t care about you. They see you as a land grabber. It doesn’t matter whether their names are the same as yours, their mode of thinking and vision is different, so it will serve you well if you focus on your SE affairs and stop romancing people that don’t want to be romanced.

If you are really passionate about getting Biafra whether or not it comes with oil or seaport then you must present your Biafran case as the SE alone. Don’t even include the Asaba area, atleast for now. Present your case as the war ravaged SE that no one can benefit from and the powers that be may change their kind and give it to you. But as long as you keep romancing oil, those Abuja people will not mind being Niger Delta’s father Christmas by sending gun wielding soldiers to teach you a bitter lesson for the second time. A word is enough for the wise.
Afam, I thought you are a mod and as such should refrain from taking sides on issues of this nature.

Nevertheless, I think you guys are taking this whole thing too darn serious, heck!!! I can't even believe the things I'm reading.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by ABEngine(m): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:
One of the reasons why I don’t support groups such as MASSOB or IPOB is not because I don’t think Igbos or any group for that matter have the right for self-determination. My only worry is the mode through which this is carried out. The truth is that the Biafran dream will remain a pipe dream if the initiators go about it the way they are currently. Apart from the fact that they are not going about it the right way by appealing to those that matter in Igboland and taking their case to the United Nations (UN), the most embarrassing disposition that they have created is one of forcing people who have not given their consent to be included in the Biafran agenda.

The fact that most of the areas known as the Niger Delta were naturally part of the old eastern region and as such were naturally part of the Biafran agitation in the 60s does not mean the same thing holds today. The divide and rule tactics has worked and anybody that can’t see it needs to go for an eye checkup. I’m tired of this whole “We are not Igbo, we are Edo”, “Our ancestors ate Igbo yam and that is why we are Igbo” or the opposing views that portray such desperate disposition that could be mistaken as Hitler’s intended conquering of Europe.

Igbos should fight for their rights and their only. Let’s stop this “SS and SE” BS. This people have oil for Bleep sake. Leave them the heck alone. They don’t want to have anything to do with you. I wonder why you can’t see that. They probably hate you more than the Hausas and the Yorubas that you see as your arch rivals. You have nothing to offer them, so leave them the heck alone.

In my mind, I even think it will make more sense for Igbos to align with other major groups and not minorities. These minorities don’t care about you. They see you as a land grabber. It doesn’t matter whether their names are the same as yours, their mode of thinking and vision is different, so it will serve you well if you focus on your SE affairs and stop romancing people that don’t want to be romanced.

If you are really passionate about getting Biafra whether or not it comes with oil or seaport then you must present your Biafran case as the SE alone. Don’t even include the Asaba area, atleast for now. Present your case as the war ravaged SE that no one can benefit from and the powers that be may change their kind and give it to you. But as long as you keep romancing oil, those Abuja people will not mind being Niger Delta’s father Christmas by sending gun wielding soldiers to teach you a bitter lesson for the second time. A word is enough for the wise.

It's not Friday and you drunk already? You must be having a large quantity of that good ish.. but watch it.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by kingzizzy: 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:
You made a whole lot of sense in your write. I share your sentiments in totality. Is there wisdom in FORCING people to be part your secession bid? None at all!

I am a Igbo son (proper); I do not share in Biafran dream and WILL NEVER support it! I strongly believe that Ndigbo stand to get more being in the entity called Nigeria.

There is hardly any part of this country where Umu-Igbo are not doing well in commerce. Ndigbo have investments and valuable properties outside Igboland than in their region. What will happen to their investments if Biafra comes to fruition? Is it not likely that they would loose all their investments outside Igboland seeing that they are no more citizens of Nigeria (but Biafra) hence would be treated as foreigners?
Ndigbo think!!!

You are still thinking small. Nigeria is but a small dot on the world map. It would be silly to say you must be a Nigerian because of a house you have in Kano or the land you have in Lagos. A people without sovereignty are slaves, no matter what they own. In the event of Biafra coming, nobody will lose assets outside Biafra. No civilised Government siezes the property of a person simply because they are not citizens of that country. There are international laws that guards the assets of a person outside their home country. If you think just Nigeria, then you think small.

When it comes to SE/SS, there are no peopple called by these names. Everyone belongs to a tribe and we must answer the names of our tribes. Millions of Igbos were fraudulently put in states that they are not indigenous to. There are over a million Delta-Igbos in Delta state. There are millions of indigenous people in this so called SS particularly in Delta and Rivers state. We cannot be talking Biafra without talking about our kith and kin. I'm happy that in Rivers state, most Rivers Igbos proudly identify as Igbo with the exception of some crazy Ikwere people. Same applies in Delta States

4 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by DeviIhimself: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:

Nwanne, its a fact that ECOWAS law is only on paper. If you are in doubt, ask Igbo people doing businesses in ECOWAS countries like Ghana, Cameroon etc.

Take it or leave it, Nigeria will definitely make it more difficult for Ndigbo if Biafra secedes.

hmmm it's a lie a law suit at international court or any competent law court will take care of that so far there's a law against that.

everybody has the right to own a property anywhere in the world legally as far as he's meeting up with taxes.

that's not enough reason to remain in the same country with people that resents you soo much in all ramifications
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by PointB: 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
Too many voices tend to speak for Igbos on Nairaland these days. Perhaps it's time we re-institute the "Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland" title holder. I hate these several voices, which all claim to speak of us, and end up throwing up more confusion even in simple matters.

Fact of the matter is, Biafra will not get 100% support in Aba or Onitsha, neither will it get 0% support in Asaba or P/H. Until there is referendum, we can never see the true picture. I believe it's wrong to start talking about excluding one Igbo speaking areas or the other on the basis of 'lack of support' simply because we don't have fact. Vocal minority can never speak for majority; Igbos should not be intimidated, and should not cede any ground in this agitation because a few people feel offended.

We should stop pu/ssy-footing (as OnlyTruth would say). We should not deny the Igbos in Delta, or the ones in Rivers or anywhere else for that matter because some people will feel "offended" or call us land grabbers - they are already offended for no reason at all. Whatever we do (or don't), those who feel offended will do so, as that's their default configuration setting.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Eastlink(m): 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
@Afam4Eva, I think you should keep shut when matters as these are discussed. Your myopic thinking has beclouded your sense of reasoning that you sit down comfortable in that your village to type poo. What about us who are stuck in here with the so-called minorities. With what we see here on nairaland and the lies flying the air, one could easily tell that a future Niger-Delta country is a disaster in waiting - with numerous minorities at each others neck. We do not want to be part of it. We rather share a country with people we have historical and linguistic relation with. Its a fact that what is saving the S/S from doom is just the unity of Nigeria.
Nevertheless, even if many of you nitwits from the SE relegate us to our fate, we will never be deterred from fighting for what is ours.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by DeviIhimself: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
PointB:
Too many voices tend to speak for Igbos on Nairaland these days. Perhaps it's time we re-institute the "Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland" title holder. I hate these several voices, which all claim to speak of us, and end up throwing up more confusion even in simple matters.

Fact of the matter is, Biafra will not get 100% support in Aba or Onitsha, neither will it get 0% support in Asaba or P/H. Until there is referendum, we can never see the true picture. I believe it's wrong to start talking about excluding one Igbo speaking areas or the other on the basis of 'lack of support' simply because we don't have fact. Vocal minority can never speak for majority; Igbos should not be intimidated, and should not cede any ground in this agitation because a few people feel offended.

We should stop pussy-footing (as OnlyTruth would say). We should not deny the Igbos in Delta, or the ones in Rivers or anywhere else for that matter because some people will feel "offended" or call us land grabbers - they are already offended for no reason at all. Whatever we do (or don't), those who feel offended will do so, as that's their default configuration setting.

nice one

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by realkendy(f): 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
A BIG THANK YOU OP FOR SAYING MY MIND.
The insult is just too much, some igbos here are so very annoying. Some of these people begging n running after Niger delta has no idea of the enormous problem they have in their place.Take a look at Amechi,jonathan,wike debacle n the recent Edwin Clark,an elderly man for that matter.How can u beg people in disunity to join you n expect peace afterwards.The issue with Anioma n other like minds is that those who don't want Biafra will keep dragging them n accusing us of taking their brothers away,even if they want to join wilfully.They have to show that willingness n stop expecting igbos to do that for them.
OP THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR THIS.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Mortiple(m): 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
DeviIhimself:

hmmm it's a lie a law suit at international court will take care of that so far there's a law against that.

everybody has the right to own a property anywhere in the world legally as far as he's meeting up with taxes.

that's not enough reason to remain in the same country with people that resents you soo much in all ramifications
Talking about resentment, do we Ndigbo love ourselves more?

Does brotherly love still exist amongst us? Many people (particularly breadwinners) have lost their lives after a quarrel over a piece of land in various parts of Igboland.

ACHA-ERE, igba NTUTU (Pin) and ipia BELT are common enchantment weapons in most Igbo communities. A lot of our people feel safer outside Igboland than in Igboland. In Igboland, there is resentment among states, sub-groups, clans, local govts (within a state), villages (within a community), etc. Not forgetting caste systems that have refused to die natural death.

Ndigbo have sacrificed family values, decency and honesty at the altar of mammon. We have replaced "Ezi afa ka ego" with the manthra "Mgbe onye jili nwe ego, ozaba afa nna ya." In essence, we honour rich drug dealers, kidnappers and people with criminal tendencies at the expense of honest but poor individuals. Ejide ndi na ebu drug mmadu ise, ano na ime ha but Ndigbo!

Nwanne, tell me another thing because I am in touch with Ndigbo and Igboland. I must say that if Ndigbo have 10 problems, we (Ndigbo) are the architects of 9 of them.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Yujin(m): 6:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yanks101:
This is naive politics and not looking out for our interests.
Whoever controls political power controls the oil and the attendants benefits and the north will always do. And one thing about the north is that they are not shy in throwing oil blocs around for their allies if it means a continuous control of the oil. And that is exactly what ndi-igbo should have benefited.
The likes of alakija, adenuga, otedola got oil blocs via being boy-boy to the north.
Tufiaaai! Boy boy for ndi anyi ka nma? Truly some of us have lost our thickness. If you don't know know it today. While you are busy making your small money, those you wish to eat from their crumbs are strengthening themselves to take over your entire lands. Do you doubt me? Why the call for Sharia all over Nigeria? Its a matter of time the minorities of the north will be overwhelmed. Do you the implication? All those opportunities you're talking about can be recreated in Biafra. Think of us controlling our resources and building our economy such that every sector is mounted by our people. We farm and produce, manufacture and fabricate and the market is there in west Africa and central Africa. Forget about Nigeria and think about biafra the land of freedom.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by dialfa: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
They now have you. The confusion is total.

You want Igbo land created by the zoo aka south east, instead of the real Igboland that includes all Igbos?
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by DeviIhimself: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:

Does brotherly love still exist amongst us? Many people (particularly breadwinners) have lost their lives after a quarrel over a piece of land in various parts of Igboland.

ACHA-ERE, NTUTU and BELT are common enchantment in most Igbo communities. A lot of our people feel safer outside Igboland than in Igboland.

we call that internal crises which is everywhere worldwide

what we're talking about here is the hate and resentments of the people we claim to be one Nigeria with.

how can you explain 5% saga
lagoon saga, etc.
bro the problem here is that this people sees us as slaves to the extent of forcing decision on us i mean political decision on us.

in US Republicans opposes Democrats with all hate words and bile but that doesn't make the Democrats more Americans than the Republicans that's unity but in Nigeria you'll be hated, resented, and threatened and they won't hesitate to Lynch you to death (2011 massacre) just because you don't buy the same idea with them so tell me with this only can you say we're better off as a country?
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Jakpon:
OP, shut up your amala and ewedu smelling mouth. You are a Yoruba coward. You are just using an Igbo name. There is nothing like Niger Delta. PortHarcourt is Igweocha and it belongs to we Igbos

Are you nut ??
In as much that am against divide and rule antics...
I won't like you keep making that kind of comment...
PortHarcourt is not mainly Igbo...
So desist from that kinda comment...
Besides are u from dunukofia...??
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
simplycarro:

You will never find an atom of intelligent discussion in any Igbo dominated thread.
The aim and end objective is always to look for the slightest excuse to draw in the Yorubas and turn the whole thread into a theater of the absurd

That guy is suspicious...
I will like rose24 to do some hidden research...
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Mortiple(m): 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
DeviIhimself:

we call that internal crises which is everywhere worldwide

what we're talking about here is the hate and resentments of the people we claim to be one Nigeria with.

how can you explain 5% saga
lagoon saga, etc.
bro the problem here is that this people sees us as slaves to the extent of forcing decision on us i mean political decision on us.

in US Republicans opposes Democrats with all hate words and bile but that doesn't make the Democrats more Americans than the Republicans that's unity but in Nigeria you'll be hated, resented, and threatened and they won't hesitate to Lynch you to death (2011 massacre) just because you don't buy the same idea with them so tell me with this only can you say we're better off as a country?

In all honesty, do NDIGBO love other people we claim to be one Nigeria with? Many of them hate us, and likewise we hate them, so...?

Ndigbo should stop having this mentality of "WE" against "THEM". I insist that Nigerian economic climate has been more favourable to Ndigbo than any other tribe or ethnicity. The Yorubas, as "bad" as we think they are, have tolerated what even an Igbo sub-group, Ngwa (with all due respect) have not tolerated from fellow Igbos in Aba. Yes of course, sometimes some of them cross the line just like some of our people have never presented themselves as good ambassadors.

As much as we blame "them" for hating on us, Ndigbo have a lot of issues to deal with themselves. A lot of us are not helping our image.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by DeviIhimself: 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:

In all honesty, do NDIGBO love other "people we claim to be one Nigeria with". Many of them hate us, and likewise we hate them, so...?

Ndigbo should stop having this mentality of "WE" against "THEM". I insist that Nigerian economic climate has been more favourable to Ndigbo than any other tribe or ethnicity.

As much as we blame "them" for hating on us, Ndigbo have a lot of issues to deal with themselves. A lot of us are not helping our image.

hatred is reciprocal.

some people sees this entity as a birthright
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Legitbaba(m): 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

Why not speak for urself or ur family.... Are u even from d niger delta sef...leave us to worry about our own issues...

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Mortiple(m): 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
Make no mistake, I am a full-blooded and passionate Igboman and will defend anything Igbo at all cost, if such need arises. However, I do not believe in Biafra; don't want to have anything to do with it and will never be part of it.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by theDEVILisHERE: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

Your post sounds like that of a so called "nigerian"
Who has little to no idea and understanding of history
But draws conclusion from myopic inferences
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Coach8: 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
Jakpon:
OP, shut up your amala and ewedu smelling mouth. You are a Yoruba coward. You are just using an Igbo name. There is nothing like Niger Delta. PortHarcourt is Igweocha and it belongs to we Igbos

Very soon you'll be saying Akwa Ibom is Igweocha II and belongs to the Igbos since half of 1 of its 31 LGAs speak Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Armaggedon: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
Aigbofa:

Your duplicity is clear for everyone to see. Lay off the ogogoro, Just a friendly advice.
the guy is very funny. He even adviced we leave asaba areas out of biafra. Some individuals can lead a people to failure when given opportunity to govern simply because of their pride and inability to reason above their petty mindset.
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Atlantian: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva is as useless on Niger Delta issues as the G in Gmelina.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Armaggedon: 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eastlink:
@Afam4Eva, I think you should keep shut when matters as these are discussed. Your myopic thinking has beclouded your sense of reasoning that you sit down comfortable in that your village to type poo. What about us who are stuck in here with the so-called minorities. With what we see here on nairaland and the lies flying the air, one could easily tell that a future Niger-Delta country is a disaster in waiting - with numerous minorities at each others neck. We do not want to be part of it. We rather share a country with people we have historical and linguistic relation with. Its a fact that what is saving the S/S from doom is just the unity of Nigeria.
Nevertheless, even if many of you nitwits from the SE relegate us to our fate, we will never be deterred from fighting for what is ours.
and when has the silly opinion of this lost individual that calls himself op become that of the southeast. If you give some people chance they will press for a biafra of only enugu state, because he is not ready to accept the insult of being called wawa by other igbos.
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Ofodirinwa: 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:
[s]One of the reasons why I don’t support groups such as MASSOB or IPOB is not because I don’t think Igbos or any group for that matter have the right for self-determination. My only worry is the mode through which this is carried out. The truth is that the Biafran dream will remain a pipe dream if the initiators go about it the way they are currently. Apart from the fact that they are not going about it the right way by appealing to those that matter in Igboland and taking their case to the United Nations (UN), the most embarrassing disposition that they have created is one of forcing people who have not given their consent to be included in the Biafran agenda.

If you are really passionate about getting Biafra whether or not it comes with oil or seaport then you must present your Biafran case as the SE alone. Don’t even include the Asaba area, atleast for now. Present your case as the war ravaged SE that no one can benefit from and the powers that be may change their kind and give it to you. But as long as you keep romancing oil, those Abuja people will not mind being Niger Delta’s father Christmas by sending gun wielding soldiers to teach you a bitter lesson for the second time. A word is enough for the wise.[/s]

stop
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by patrick89(m): 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:
Shattap, iwu onye ara!!!

Owu onye kwuo okwu, eriri pant ya adobie?!

Go back where? (Ole ebe ina ala)?

Echem ma inwere ako-na-uche (I thought you have common sense)!
the guy JAKPO has been exposed here by FKO81 as a yoruba man I don't know why you guys are replying him! His mission is to create confusion amongst ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by ezeagu(m): 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
If you mean Igbo people stand to gain more in Nigeria at the top 3% added with trickle down factor? Yes. If you mean Igbo people stand to gain more in Nigeria in terms of development and meeting their true potential? Never.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Ballmer: 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
PresidentBuBu:
the ph they are claiming now was built into the city it was by okpara an igbo man and this was even without any oil proceeds.

[size=18pt]Igbo criminals fear God. So PH was not built with oil money but Lagos was built with oil money. God can never forgive your entire tribe for the lies n deceit you n your forefathers as been spreading in Nigeria since time memorial. Igbo man fear GOD. [/size]

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by patrick89(m): 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
omenka:
Afam, I thought you are a mod and as such should refrain from taking sides on issues of this nature.

Nevertheless, I think you guys are taking this whole thing too darn serious, heck!!! I can't even believe the things I'm reading.
Lol the biafra is so real bros! You have been watching seasonal movies too much lately.
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nwanne biko, biko, stop! I hate to hear that phrase "Ndi Igbo do not love themselves." That is one of the greatest lies of this century and Ndi Igbo should stop propagating such lies. We Igbo people love & help ourselves much more than any other ethnic group in this country. Granted, there are some bad eggs among us, but there are many more bad eggs among the other ethnic groups. Don't be deceived please.
I think the question should be; do you love your fellow Igbo man/woman, and if your answer is in the affirmative, then know that you've done your own part in promoting greater unity among our people.
Lastly, you may not be for Biafra and that's ok, but please try not to dissuade/antagonize those of us who are all for the restoration of Biafra. That's also part of doing away with dis-unity among us.

Mortiple:

ACHA-ERE, igba NTUTU (Pin) and ipia BELT are common enchantment weapons in most Igbo communities. A lot of our people feel safer outside Igboland than in Igboland. In Igboland, there is resentment among states, sub-groups, clans, local govts (within a state), villages (within a community), etc. Not forgetting caste systems that have refused to die natural death.

Ndigbo have sacrificed family values, decency and honesty at the altar of mammon. We have replaced "Ezi afa ka ego" with the manthra "Mgbe onye jili nwe ego, ozaba afa nna ya." In essence, we honour rich drug dealers, kidnappers and people with criminal tendencies at the expense of honest but poor individuals. Ejide ndi na ebu drug mmadu ise, ano na ime ha but Ndigbo!

Nwanne, tell me another thing because I am in touch with Ndigbo and Igboland. I must say that if Ndigbo have 10 problems, we (Ndigbo) are the architects of 9 of them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by patrick89(m): 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:
Make no mistake, I am a full-blooded and passionate Igboman and will defend anything Igbo at all cost, if such need arises. However, I do not believe in Biafra; don't want to have anything to do with it and will never be part of it.
I knew from the beginning that you will arrive at this juncture "we don't need biafra " what a mess! You have spent time talking about the problems with out a solution, people like you are the problem with igboland, I have confronted people like you several times, they will only list bad things done to them, what have you done for the igbo nation or igbo people. All these things you are complaining of abound everywhere in the world, you are just reasoning the exact way the nigeria state wanted us to do. Do you think we will continue to do buying and selling till the end? What happens to other sectors? You limit our potentials with unsubstantiated claims. People should start being responsible and stop complaining! What effort have you been able to put in place in igboland?
You spend time talking about how we hate ourselves yet you have never said anything on how we have helped and supported each each other, built our respective villages from dust!
We spend so much time malining ourselves.
Who wants to hear our "akwa aririri".
Finally we need media house that will foster the unity, package our people and promote our dreams and aspirations. Let's be positive all the time. Biafra must come in due time or should I say in fullness of time. Biafra is a bae for now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Scores Low On Agric Sector / Tam David-West 80th Birthday: Buhari Felicitates With Him / NEW SHAMEFUL phone call of Radio Biafra u will cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.