Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,493 members, 7,843,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again (889 Views)

APDA Registration Fee For New Members / Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh / President Goodluck Jonathan Regime Signed TSA Agreement With 1% Fee - Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nigeria -Multichoice's Chief Executive Officer, Tim Jacobs, has said that Nigerians pay less for DStv subscriptions than its African neighbors.
In an interview published by Premium Times, he said the company would rather not increase DStv subscription price unless it has to.
"We also understand that there are times when we do things that are not popular, but we do it in the interest of the business," he said.
"John (Ugbe, MD Multichoice Nigeria) and his team really think deeply about what we need to do with the price increase for example.
"We try to minimize the impact. In Nigeria, we have been very fortunate that after the price increase we put through on the 1st of April, we haven’t had to put another price increase into the market yet.
"Obviously it depends on the currency, if the currency does move materially, we may well have to do that but at the moment we have been able to avoid doing that in Nigeria. And I think that is largely because the government and the Central Bank have been very strong on the policy decision-making," he added.
"They haven’t reacted to short-term movement in the black market rate and the weakening of the oil price; they have managed to hold firm. So, we’re very hopeful that the currency stays, so we don’t need to put a price increase. But obviously, time will tell.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-multichoice-might-increase-dstv-subscription-fee-again.134398/

cc: lalasticlala

Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by akinloluwao: 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
If they increase it and I don't dump their useless decoder in trash can, call me a bastard. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Oshisko

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by Acjohn(m): 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
I think it's high time they are slammed with a fine by the government like empty hen.
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by Agimor(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
So people still patronise Dstv. I have since jettison my Dstv decoder for a decoder that gives me value for my money.
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by akinloluwao: 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
Agimor:
So people still patronise Dstv. I have since jettison my Dstv decoder for a decoder that gives me value for my money.
just us now. Na only you want dey enjoy ni? Chop alone die alone.
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 27, 2015
We better ask Internet companies to roll out fibre as soon as possible.

We can view 100 free channels if time permits you!!!!
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by iokpebholo: 6:17am On Oct 27, 2015
akinloluwao:
If they increase it and I don't dump their useless decoder in trash can, call me a bastard. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Oshisko
me too,if dnt dump their worthless decoder in trash can call me ewu angry
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by Daywalker1: 6:18am On Oct 27, 2015
Abeg who want my decoder?
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by bigboss80s(m): 6:19am On Oct 27, 2015
No matter what the cost we will still pay. Nigerians and their addiction to foreign soccer.
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by Demmocrats(m): 6:23am On Oct 27, 2015
Monopoly i don't blame them for making such stupid statement.
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by bugzbunny: 6:25am On Oct 27, 2015
I dnt blame them. But us
Let's collectively dump this trash.. They will come bk begging
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by BALLOSKI: 6:33am On Oct 27, 2015
All I need is channels tv, TVC , aljazeera, BBC, and these are readily available for me. So what do I need a fvckinng dstv/multichoice that favor southafricans but drill Nigerians in terms of subscription fee for?
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by KHAYGOLD(m): 6:36am On Oct 27, 2015
Thank God I now use startimes
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by permsec: 6:43am On Oct 27, 2015
Our governnment is a toothless bulldog or a lion that eats grass. I wonder why SA companies go scotfree with whateva they do.
Re: Nigeria: Multichoice Might Increase Dstv Subscription Fee Again by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:50am On Oct 27, 2015
Y na

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Is Radio Biafra Director Free Or Still In Detention? - Ibtimes UK / Why NCC Fined MTN. / Court Orders SA To Pay Back Seized $9.3m To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.