Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun (22234 Views)

Wike Climbed Into The Governorship Seat Over Dead Bodies - Prof Itse Sagay / Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rivers state is a multiethnic society but one thing that has kept us together in fairness, equity and unity of purpose. As the rerun election approaches, many riverians look forward to return Nyesom Wike to Government House as they did in April 11. Though I recognise that the good people of Rivers state will return Wike to power, this article is to lay support to the decision of Rivers people.

1. Riverine/Upland Agreement Has No Effect On Wike:
While it is true that since 1999, the upland has been occupying the number one seat of rivers state, it is also true to recognise that Nyesome Wike wouldn't have been the candidate of the riverine communities IF a riverine person had done what he did to challenge the madness of ex-governor Amaechi and his APC mad house. Wike was not the only minister from rivers state during Jonathan's era, he was however, the only one that stood his ground, defended Jonathan, an illustrious son of the Niger delta, got insulted and abused by the APC and their agents on Jonathan's behalf. Dakuku Peterside, though a riverine man is unfit to preach the riverine/upland agreement when he was the same person that vigorously campaigned against Jonathan for his parochial interest and made a fool of himself on March 28 to please his masters in Bourdillon road and Daura. It was Wike that stood by the Rivers people, it was Wike that stood by our brother Jonathan. So if we the riverine communities are to consider voting based on "sentiment", it is NYESOM Wike that fits the bill. Dakuku's master, Amaechi once declared that Jonathan, an Ijawman isn't his brother, Wike never denied the brotherhood between himself, an Ikwerre man and Jonathan. As a riverine, Dakuku is our blood brother, but he doesn't represent us.

2. Ikwerre Deserves The Position:
The spirit of Rivers state is one that promotes unity and give everyone a sense of belonging. It is fair that the Ikwerre nation, produce the Governor of the state since the Senator representing Rivers East, George Sekibo is a riverine man from Okrika. It is only fair and deserving that the Ikwerre nation produce the Governor. Rivers state is known for fairness. We gave mandate to Peter Odili, an Ndoni man in 1999 and 2003 not considering the minority population. In 2007 we shifted the mandate to Celestine Omehia/Rotimi Amaechi, not minding the fact that he's an uplander. In 2011 we returned Amaechi to power because we believe that the Ikwerres deserve an unbreakable 8years in office. In April 11, we dumped Peterside but queued behind Wike despite his Ikwerre root because we saw the spirit of Rivers in him. It is time to once again tell the Ikwerres that their son is indeed worthy of the mandate that the court erroneously voided. Upland or Riverine, Rivers is not divided.

3. Like Abiye Sekibo, Like Dakuku Peterside:
To those that may not know, Sekibo is an Ijawman from Okrika. Despite being an Ijaw son, his kinsmen(we) have vowed never to thumb-print for him in ANY election. In fact, it is safe to state that it is easier for the son of the Sultan of Sokoto to be elected Chairman of Okrika Local government than for Sekibo, a son of the soil. The reason is simple, Sekibo as SSG and Minister (under Obj) pioneered cultism and never brought development in the state. He brought riverine sentiment against Amaechi in 2011 as ACN candidate but was highly defeated in the riverine region(and the entire state)

On Peterside, he positioned himself as an enemy of Niger delta, Rivers state and the riverine people by his disgraceful drama during the Presidential election. He led his thugs to demonstrate against the will of the people when they thump-printed for Jonathan. Peterside has positioned himself to be seen as one that seeks to please his external masters. He's a puppet that is best suited for an appointment as PA to his master Rotimi Amaechi.

4. APC Government In Rivers State Was Disaster:
While the PDP government of Rotimi Amaechi that lasted between 2007 and 2012 was one of the best in the history of the state, the APC government of Amaechi that lasted between 2013 and sent parking in May 2015 was the WORST government ever in Rivers state. It was the APC government led by Amaechi that shut down the courts and state house of assembly, and also put the state in comatose. Amaechi's APC government refused to pay salaries for 3months and failed to appoint Chief judge of the state. Wike led PDP government came on-board and reversed the madness. Amaechi's APC government that we have thrown into the dust bin of history is Dakuku personified.

I believe in the true spirit and determination of rivers state to seal up the dust-bin that APC belongs. Our state can not be led by one that is not for us.

#NyesomWikeForGovernor

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Tongsman(m): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
OKay

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by benedictnsi(m): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
Supported......... I have a feeling he would be restored as the governor of Rivers state

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by DickDastardly(m): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
cool
Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by bugzbunny: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
I urge all patriots to avoid this attention seeker...
Ignore his boring threads
Dude is confused...

181 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Anijay1212(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
If Wike and pdp have the support of river's people why the panic? Let all of them go to the polls and return him to power in a free and fair environment.
I bera hold ma peace cos da foot soldiers are amasing rite below me.Dis place is no longer safe 4 humans.

13 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
Cc...
Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Chukwudi44 and all patriots

8 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by hassan85(m): 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
ha-ha Hallucinations from the past. continue ur wailing journalism. shey u said Fayose's election was legal? no qualms dsame template will be used in Rivers re run. So wail on. nobody takes PDP seriously again. To those who will stand with the truth, Amaechis achievements still remains d best in the entire South South NIGERIA.

51 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by midolian(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
Tonye, Wike's campaign manager! grin grin

In another news...

“Wike is aware that in a free and fair election in Rivers State, the APC gubernatorial candidate, Dr Dakuku Peterside, will beat him so mercilessly that he will lose his deposit,”- Eze Chukwuemeka Eze

What do you think about this? grin

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
midolian:
Tonye, Wike's campaign manager! grin grin
My brother, campaign for a prosperous rivers don start o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
Chief Wailer is back with his analysis, Mr analyzer....

29 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by izuoguboy: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
my brother you and wike have really incensed the Igbos that form substantial base of PDP in Rivers. so their will huge apathy on PDP's strong hold which are PH and Obio/Akpor as most Igbos won't bother going to the poll. their is no federal might for wike this time around.
my verdict: wike will find it very difficult to win this time around

16 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by izuoguboy: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
APC MAY BE MORE PURPULAR THAN PDP IN RIVERS

If you reside in Rivers and listens to radio stations you will have notices that contributors to political matters have more of APC supporters than the PDP. this may be an indication that the APC may be more popular than the ruling PDP since the contributes represent statistically a cross section of the 23 local government area in the state. if you are an ardent follower of political discussion on Radio especially in 92.3 Nig. Info you must have been familiar with names like Ebere from Rumu Ndele, Bar. chizy, Glad West, Akanto Boutique, Jude Ubani, suzy from Erema, Chimanem Wordi, Chile from Ugbakiri, Innocent Amadi, Basil Amadi, Mrs. Dimkpa, Emzor Uzor, Baba for the masses, D Radio senator, J A J, etc. these names and perhaps more are about the most popular radio contributors in the state. these callers are scattered all over the 23 local government of the state with more than 60% pro APC supporters. similar statistics is also true for the Unknown contributors.

though in PH and obio/Akpor LGAs due to the large population of the non indigenous Igbos who make up over 45% of the population there, PDP seem to hold sway in these two local government. This is perhaps the reason why most people think that Rivers is mainly PDP. though am not a fan, PDP should go back and do their home work to win over support in other LGA because there will be no federal migth this time around. I remembered one of Wike's campaigns in Rumueme Area of PH where he told his supporters to endeavour to vote for GEJ and forget about him. that the very day of the guber they would use cane on the APC supporters. this advantage is no more longer there hence PDP should mobilize to field the earlier the better.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Teryfik(m): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc...
Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Chukwudi44 and all patriots
4 d 2nd time i ask u again....WHERE IS MY NAME??

3 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2015
This is exactly the same template you gave to Jonathan that made him lose woefully, u don start again...

34 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by boujaye: 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yes not only him, there are thousands of us. With barcanista we are proudly behind Wike.

8 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by hassan85(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, campaign for a prosperous rivers don start o.
I tot u were confident WIKE will win at tribunals? failure is wat PDP is headed for again

23 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Beremx(f): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
bugzbunny:
Dude is confused...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
benedictnsi:
Supported......... I have a feeling he would be restored as the governor of Rivers state
We must not leave any stone unturned. While the legal people are busy with the appeal, we shall be praparing ground for Wike's flawless victory in the event of rerun.

3 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by permsec: 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
izuoguboy:
hehe
izuoguboy:
hehe
Which one be hehe hehe? Do you stutter while laughing?

Back to the topic, Wike has no rival in the forthcoming election.

No matter how chelsea's current form looks, Arsenal will always be dealth with.

Same as PDP to APC in Rivers state

3 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
Teryfik:
4 d 2nd time i ask u again....WHERE IS MY NAME??
I'm sorry bros. It won't happen the '3rd time oga". I also forgot the cc Peppyluv02
Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
@ops,DAKUKU we know... cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Dannyset(m): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Wike is now having it in his own coin!

He boastingly sacked all the LG Chairmen that Amaechi sworn in, without the law court. Now, he is having it the same way now and his House of Assembly members too including the Speaker has been sacked.

My advice: If Wike seems to be popular as said by you all, don't run to cut, wait for rerun.

4 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Ewizard(m): 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
forget talk.. Wike go still win

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by AODT(m): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
I understand it can be frustrating, but honestly if Wike is popular as claimed he should not waste his resources on appeal but win back his mandate at the polls. If the men around him are indeed men of value unlike those who supported GEJ, then his chances are great otherwise the OP should abandon this lost course.

9 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by midolian(m): 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

We must not leave any stone unturned. While the legal people are busy with the appeal, we shall be praparing ground for Wike's flawless victory in the event of rerun.
Could Wike appealing be connected to the fact that he is not confident of winning at the polls? Why is he scared of letting the people of Rivers elect who will govern them in a free and fair election?

11 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by erunz(m): 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by judiciarypalava: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Rose2014: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
This is the thread I thought I was going to see this morning when I woke up

Time is precious and There's time for everything
Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
boujaye:
Yes not only him, there are thousands of us. With barcanista we are proudly behind Wike.
Bless you Baba..

olatunji21:
This is exactly the same template you gave to Jonathan that made him lose woefully, u don start again...
The election will be held in Rivers state, a political capital of PDP. Abi how many polling unit wey APC win in all the elections in March and April? Them even get reach 5% per polling unit? Oga forget Rivers abeg. Sorry

3 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
bugzbunny:
Dude is confused...
[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/2971472_cpqokyiukaaqwf8_jpegc8c2725b164ad28f910afdbd5e40801a[/img]
Re: Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun by funlord(m): 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
cry
TonyeBarcanista:
Rivers state is a multiethnic society but one thing that has kept us together in fairness, equity and unity of purpose. As the rerun election approaches, many riverians look forward to return Nyesom Wike to Government House as they did in April 11. Though I recognise that the good people of Rivers state will return Wike to power, this article is to lay support to the decision of Rivers people.

1. Riverine/Upland Agreement Has No Effect On Wike:
While it is true that since 1999, the upland has been occupying the number one seat of rivers state, it is also true to recognise that Nyesome Wike wouldn't have been the candidate of the riverine communities IF a riverine person had done what he did to challenge the madness of ex-governor Amaechi and his APC mad house. Wike was not the only minister from rivers state during Jonathan's era, he was however, the only one that stood his ground, defended Jonathan, an illustrious son of the Niger delta, got insulted and abused by the APC and their agents on Jonathan's behalf. Dakuku Peterside, though a riverine man is unfit to preach the riverine/upland agreement when he was the same person that vigorously campaigned against Jonathan for his parochial interest and made a fool of himself on March 28 to please his masters in Bourdillon road and Daura. It was Wike that stood by the Rivers people, it was Wike that stood by our brother Jonathan. So if we the riverine communities are to consider voting based on "sentiment", it is NYESOM Wike that fits the bill. Dakuku's master, Amaechi once declared that Jonathan, an Ijawman isn't his brother, Wike never denied the brotherhood between himself, an Ikwerre man and Jonathan. As a riverine, Dakuku is our blood brother, but he doesn't represent us.

2. Ikwerre Deserves The Position:
The spirit of Rivers state is one that promotes unity and give everyone a sense of belonging. It is fair that the Ikwerre nation, produce the Governor of the state since the Senator representing Rivers East, George Sekibo is a riverine man from Okrika. It is only fair and deserving that the Ikwerre nation produce the Governor. Rivers state is known for fairness. We gave mandate to Peter Odili, an Ndoni man in 1999 and 2003 not considering the minority population. In 2007 we shifted the mandate to Celestine Omehia/Rotimi Amaechi, not minding the fact that he's an uplander. In 2011 we returned Amaechi to power because we believe that the Ikwerres deserve an unbreakable 8years in office. In April 11, we dumped Peterside but queued behind Wike despite his Ikwerre root because we saw the spirit of Rivers in him. It is time to once again tell the Ikwerres that their son is indeed worthy of the mandate that the court erroneously voided. Upland or Riverine, Rivers is not divided.

3. Like Abiye Sekibo, Like Dakuku Peterside:
To those that may not know, Sekibo is an Ijawman from Okrika. Despite being an Ijaw son, his kinsmen(we) have vowed never to thumb-print for him in ANY election. In fact, it is safe to state that it is easier for the son of the Sultan of Sokoto to be elected Chairman of Okrika Local government than for Sekibo, a son of the soil. The reason is simple, Sekibo as SSG and Minister (under Obj) pioneered cultism and never brought development in the state. He brought riverine sentiment against Amaechi in 2011 as ACN candidate but was highly defeated in the riverine region(and the entire state)

On Peterside, he positioned himself as an enemy of Niger delta, Rivers state and the riverine people by his disgraceful drama during the Presidential election. He led his thugs to demonstrate against the will of the people when they thump-printed for Jonathan. Peterside has positioned himself to be seen as one that seeks to please his external masters. He's a puppet that is best suited for an appointment as PA to his master Rotimi Amaechi.

4. APC Government In Rivers State Was Disaster:
While the PDP government of Rotimi Amaechi that lasted between 2007 and 2012 was one of the best in the history of the state, the APC government of Amaechi that lasted between 2013 and sent parking in May 2015 was the WORST government ever in Rivers state. It was the APC government led by Amaechi that shut down the courts and state house of assembly, and also put the state in comatose. Amaechi's APC government refused to pay salaries for 3months and failed to appoint Chief judge of the state. Wike led PDP government came on-board and reversed the madness. Amaechi's APC government that we have thrown into the dust bin of history is Dakuku personified.

I believe in the true spirit and determination of rivers state to seal up the dust-bin that APC belongs. Our state can not be led by one that is not for us.

#NyesomWikeForGovernor

This boy and gibberish sef! You no dey tire to wail?

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lamorde Hands Over To Ibrahim Magu (Photos) / Ebenator Erosion Gully In Anambra Now A Death Trap / Kayode Ogundamisi Caught Lying About Atiku Flirting With Adamawa PDP Women Leade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.