Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up (1762 Views)

Different Ways Nigerian Girls React And Handle Relationship Break Ups. - Memes / Singlez- Describe Your Last Relationship Break Up With Music Titles / Benefits Of Experiencing A Failed Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
There are some things you may never know or understand until you experience a breakup. Whether; Immediate/spontaneous or slow/delayed breakup, they offer same effect but have side benefits.

There are some things we have power over and some other, we have no control.
You can control yourself but another, you can't.
Nobody likes it but being jilted and having to breakup isn't really easy. At that moment, you're emotionally unstable.

BUT, there are some benefits. Yes, only the tough ones gets going when the going gets tough. In case, you fall into these situations, this thread is for you:

a. You are about to get into a relationship or not in any at all.
b. Your relationship just ended.(through a breakup).
c. You're about calling it, 'quit'.
Etc.

Some breakups are blessings in disguise. See my reasons below:

1. It gives you a clearer view to the kind of person he/she is.

Perhaps, others have been filling you in as to how your partner has been cheating on you but you have turned a blind eye to them all. Now, your eyes have been opened. No more, "dearie, sweetie, sugar" hmm

2. It drives you to work hard and become a success

Have you ever read, "The best revenge is to be successful"? Yea, it pushes you to work harder especially if she left you because you were broke or she has "big eye". Work yourself out and become a success. They will chase you. wink

3. It aborts what could have happened later

Trust me, it could have happened later. Let that person go now not when they have driven all your suitors. Break up is better than divorce, they say.

4. It gives you experience and maturity.

I heard a guy boasting how he has messed all kinds of girls up because they are just too "heartless". Well, I'm sure he's been heartbroken before and that experience has shaped his belief. Have you met heartbroken ladies before? There is a difference: Before you start teasing her, she knows your next step. Sometimes, they can be hard to please. Do you blame them?

5. You get to focus more on people who really matter- family

Especially ladies, when they're in a relationship that involves sex, they tend to be disrespectful to their parents and rude/harsh to their siblings. Some don't walk on the street with their own brothers or cousins because they want more attention from guys. What a pity! Breakup helps them see that family is vital.

6. You get closer to God. Lol.

Yes, for those who are God-inclined starts going to church often, just to keep their minds busy with something else: actually, they need God to send them ermmm...Mr. Right.

7. It really prepares you for the next relationship and marriage

Sometimes, cohabitation can make you think you're ready for marriage but dear, you're not as ready as you think. Break up only reveal you lapses. You see Year 1 guys co-habitating year 1 girls... What do they know? After first session, when they pack the F's, nobody will tell them to diverge.

No matter what, break up has some benefits. I believe the above are some.
Don't cry, whine or regret. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Every cloud has a silver lining. Joy comes in the morning. All things work together for good. See the bright side of a break up.

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
One closes.... undecided
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
It leads to a sharp decline in expenses..

#Spend_less.. #Save_more

2 Likes

Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Seculent: 11:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
A.
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by yomi007k(m): 11:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:

#Spend_less.. #Save_more
U my guy r a sharp guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Adex097: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
8.) It gives you the opportunity to re-write one or two courses again thereby giving you an edge over your peers. grin
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 27, 2015
Nubian113:
One closes.... undecided
new account? Smh
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 2:39am On Oct 27, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
new account? Smh

Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by missyadorable(f): 2:44am On Oct 27, 2015
You learn Not to put all your eggs in one basket

And
To Stop displaying boyfriends on social media(facebook,whatsapp,bbm,twitter,instagram,etc)

Wait till it materialises to be sure you are the main boo

Cos even your boo get a boo

1 Like

Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Johnnoah1st: 3:36am On Oct 27, 2015
missyadorable:
You learn Not to put all your eggs in one basket
And
To Stop displaying boyfriends on social media(facebook,whatsapp,bbm,twitter,instagram,etc)
Wait till it materialises to be sure you are the main boo
Cos even your boo get a boo
consoling urself? nice one!
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by missyadorable(f): 3:39am On Oct 27, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
consoling urself? nice one!
Lol.Over what?
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Cutehector(m): 3:40am On Oct 27, 2015
Neva allow ur heart to be broken..... Seek wisdom!
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 27, 2015
yeah yeah..
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by xpac01(m): 5:29am On Oct 27, 2015
cool The experience makes you a better relationship counselor.
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 27, 2015
xpac01:
cool The experience makes you a better relationship counselor.

Yea, true cheesy
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 27, 2015
Cutehector:
Neva allow ur heart to be broken..... Seek wisdom!
how do you ensure that?
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 27, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:

#Spend_less.. #Save_more

How come I forgot this? True

1 Like

Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 27, 2015
Beamborla?
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 27, 2015
Adex097:
8.) It gives you the opportunity to re-write one or two courses again thereby giving you an edge over your peers. grin

Hmm, courses_didn't know there are courses... wink
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Cutehector(m): 6:08am On Oct 27, 2015
emusmith:
how do you ensure that?
by seeking wisdom.. Ha
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 27, 2015
Cutehector:
by seeking wisdom.. Ha
For where I go seek go
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by falconey(m): 7:26am On Oct 27, 2015
no. 7 is really the effect I love the most. It prepares you for the next relationship and marriage.
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 27, 2015
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]

Yea, you learn from your mistakes and all angry
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by nawtibownie: 7:36am On Oct 27, 2015
I couldn't agree more with your points OP. Nailed everything. It makes one a better person.
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by chidirobert(m): 8:12am On Oct 27, 2015
thanks dear u ve just helped my recovery frm a break up.thanks
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 27, 2015
nawtibownie:
I couldn't agree more with your points OP. Nailed everything. It makes one a better person.

Thanks dearie kiss... Where do I drop this parcel? grin
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 27, 2015
chidirobert:
thanks dear u ve just helped my recovery frm a break up.thanks

Haha...that's my job! smiley
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 27, 2015
It give me rooms/space to f.u.ck more punnys angry
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Beamborla(f): 9:34am On Oct 27, 2015
emusmith:
Beamborla?
angry
Should we breakup? grin cheesy
Re: 7 Benefits Of Experiencing A Relationship Break-Up by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
Beamborla:

angry
Should we breakup? grin cheesy

Haha...is that how easy ladies now breakup?

(1) (Reply)

Estharfabian, I Have A Message For You / What Re Your New-year Resolution(s), As Pertains The Opp. Sex? / Do I Really Look Like Wizkid ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.